PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett Question

Dameduse823
12-24-2011, 01:52 AM
http://wadebarrett-unlimited.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/W03796X1.jpg

Why an anchor?

I mean I know its meant to look like a W but honestly it just looks stupid to me and sends the massage that this guy is just dead weight

Mtt08 xXx
12-24-2011, 02:10 AM
does it match his new tattoo? im not sure about the anchor part, but i know it has roses on it

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 02:47 AM
does it match his new tattoo? im not sure about the anchor part, but i know it has roses on it

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27400000/Wade-Barrett-s-new-Tattoo-wade-barrett-27421551-480-640.jpg

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Why an anchor?

I mean I know its meant to look like a W but honestly it just looks stupid to me and sends the massage that this guy is just dead weight

Dead weight? Barrett? Have you been watching him lately?

Dameduse823
12-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Dead weight? Barrett? Have you been watching him lately?

Yes and I've been very impressed by him which is why I'm confused as to why his shirt has something that has no purpose except to be dead weight as his symbol

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Yes and I've been very impressed by him which is why I'm confused as to why his shirt has something that has no purpose except to be dead weight as his symbol

Research on Anchors(well tattoo designs...but it is still a design nonetheless)

http://www.tattoos.net/articles/tattoo-meanings/anchor-tattoo-designs/

"Because tattoos originally gained popularity among sailors, who spread tattooing around the world, nautical symbols are some of the oldest modern examples of tattoo designs and have recently become trendy for non-sailors. An anchor holds a ship still, keeping the sailors safe from winds and currents that could drag them away. Because of this, anchors are traditionally associated with safe voyages, stability, and protection from adversity."

"Anchors are used both to protect travelers from a dangerous journey and to commemorate successful and safe return from travel. In fact, there is a tradition in the US Navy and among sailors around the world that a person can only receive an anchor tattoo once they have safely crossed the Atlantic ocean and returned home. This tattoo is a right of passage for people and represents a transition from novice to seasoned sailor. The tattoo of an anchor commemorates their safe return to port and is worn as a badge of honor and pride"

"The anchor is reliable, stable, safe, and unchanging. It keeps ships and people grounded and constant. In religious terms, the anchor is an ancient symbol used to represent a hidden cross. Like the fish, it symbolized that the wearer was Christian and faithful to the religion. They were safe and trustworthy and could offer other underground Christians refuge and solace. For early Christians, the anchor was a symbol of steadfastness, determination, strength, loyalty, and devotion. The surrounding currents and changing winds cannot move the anchor, and the faithful Christians could likewise not be moved or altered."

"For some, the anchor symbolizes a negative resistance to change and an inability, unwillingness, or refusal to adapt or adjust. People who feel trapped or stuck in the same place might choose an anchor to represent their current situation. A cracked, damaged, tangled, or broken anchor might portray their triumph over this stagnation and their success in adapting and developing as a person, becoming less stubborn or more open and adventurous. Contrastingly, someone with a turbulent past might get an anchor tattoo to honor their current stability or the person who keeps them grounded and safe. In relationships, anchors indicate that the significant other has a constant and positive presence in their loved one's life. It can also symbolize a person who refuses to stray and wants to remain faithful, loyal, and monogamous."

A lot of meanings behind the anchor but the bolded sounds reasonable to me on why Barrett has an anchor logo.

Angel of Awesome
12-24-2011, 03:29 AM
I remember watching smackdown and cole was talking about the anchor on his tights. Apparently it was the symbol for the polish revolution, and that wade had adapted that to his image.

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 03:31 AM
The anchor shirt does look good, wrestling fan or not.

Polish Revolution? RESEARCH!!!! :)

The Brown One
12-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Does this really matter? I like the tattoo. Sounds like the Anchor symbol has a load of history behind it thanks to SG!

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 03:37 AM
Does this really matter? I like the tattoo. Sounds like the Anchor symbol has a load of history behind it thanks to SG!

It kinda does as a design. I guess we can just pick one out.

"The anchor was a symbol of steadfastness, determination, strength, loyalty, and devotion." Sounds like Barrett to me.

Dameduse823
12-24-2011, 03:52 AM
It kinda does as a design. I guess we can just pick one out.

"The anchor was a symbol of steadfastness, determination, strength, loyalty, and devotion." Sounds like Barrett to me.

Ok, that sounds like a great explanation and the history behind anchor tattoos has some interesting points that explain alot. Thank you. SOmeone can close this thread now

dondorian
12-24-2011, 07:53 AM
yeh i was about to say its something to do with barrets history that he has it

Cabers
12-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Or he has the anchor to show he isn't going anywhere.

TNA 'The very best'
12-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Wasn't he InThe forces , although I think it was the army and not the navy.

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Wasn't he InThe forces , although I think it was the army and not the navy.

Doesn't say that he was military. Only a smart man. A degree in marine biology from the University of Liverpool.

-source Wiki

TNA 'The very best'
12-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Doesn't say that he was military. Only a smart man. A degree in marine biology from the University of Liverpool.

-source Wiki

Oh right, I swear I was watching a match once and I think it was cole that said something, although I could jus be talking crap so don't listen to me

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh right, I swear I was watching a match once and I think it was cole that said something, although I could jus be talking crap so don't listen to me

Nah its cool man. Just don't listen to Cole lol

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Research on Anchors(well tattoo designs...but it is still a design nonetheless)

http://www.tattoos.net/articles/tattoo-meanings/anchor-tattoo-designs/

"Because tattoos originally gained popularity among sailors, who spread tattooing around the world, nautical symbols are some of the oldest modern examples of tattoo designs and have recently become trendy for non-sailors. An anchor holds a ship still, keeping the sailors safe from winds and currents that could drag them away. Because of this, anchors are traditionally associated with safe voyages, stability, and protection from adversity."

"Anchors are used both to protect travelers from a dangerous journey and to commemorate successful and safe return from travel. In fact, there is a tradition in the US Navy and among sailors around the world that a person can only receive an anchor tattoo once they have safely crossed the Atlantic ocean and returned home. This tattoo is a right of passage for people and represents a transition from novice to seasoned sailor. The tattoo of an anchor commemorates their safe return to port and is worn as a badge of honor and pride"

that is also a custom in some Marine units, my grandpa had one for that very reason
thank you for all the info (not just the stuff I parsed)

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 08:36 PM

-source Wiki

maybe we are all off base and that is why he likes the anchors :)

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 08:37 PM
that is also a custom in some Marine units, my grandpa had one for that very reason
thank you for all the info (not just the stuff I parsed)

Quick research=knowledge gained lol

maybe we are all off base and that is why he likes the anchors :)

It could be but whatever the case is, it still badass lol

Zilvis
12-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Quick research=knowledge gained lol

It could be but whatever the case is, it still badass lol

Exactly, I actually like the shirt a lot, might pick one up when I go to the 1/2/12 show.