PDA

View Full Version : Road Warriors vs. Dudleys - Who's the best?

Rich Cranium
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Why aren't the Road Warriors in the WWE HOF? They are arguably the best tag team that have ever existed going through every promotion they stepped into. The Dudley's claim to be the most decorated, but who would have prevailed had Hawk not had his demons?

IrkenInvader
10-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I say put'em both in the HOF.

Robstar
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
I'd go Road Warriors for sure. There is no way the Dudleyz will make HOF while they are still over at the competition. Why not post a poll with this?

merhardt03
10-18-2010, 09:29 PM
No shit. The Road Warriors should be in the HOF. I just assumed they were much like I did wit Alice Cooper in Rock HOF till I heard he was going in this year with Bon Jovi and others.

MackMays05
10-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Speak of Hawk with reverence,He woulda beat both of them by himself.I won't redicule you for asking this question,but to ask it means you haven't watched Animal&Hawk pre wwf.You must watch them in GA,AWA,NWA and Japan.Dudleys,Hardys,edge&christian came too late to the party.The Tag Team era 70's,80's and ended in the late 90's.I'm sure they're nice guys(I like Devon)but they(3D)couldn't have beat anybody from the 80's.They faced the Steiners 2years ago when scott was comin off a colapsed lung and ric(one of the greatest workers of his era)was outta gas and it was a sham.I'm not sure 3d coulda consistantly beat the nasty boys if they met in their prime.As for LOD,It doesn't matter who won the most titles(can't judge it by that),its judged on who you faced and beat.3D faced who was left(nobody)so its not their fault,but the fact that bubba goes around making that claim(Devon doesn't)shows how little class he has.LOD,Steiners,Doc&Gordy,Arn&Tully,Midnites,R&R express,Kevin&Kerry,Doc&Rotunda,Harlem Heat(Book&Stevie would killed em(hell,everybody on this list woulda killed em)and so on.In closing,3D won alot of titles in a watered down era against talent that woulda been mid-card at best in the time of Hawk&Animal.Kinda like lebron sayin he's better than Jordan or Kobe.

marc
10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Speak of Hawk with reverence,He woulda beat both of them by himself.I won't redicule you for asking this question,but to ask it means you haven't watched Animal&Hawk pre wwf.You must watch them in GA,AWA,NWA and Japan.Dudleys,Hardys,edge&christian came too late to the party.The Tag Team era 70's,80's and ended in the late 90's.I'm sure they're nice guys(I like Devon)but they(3D)couldn't have beat anybody from the 80's.They faced the Steiners 2years ago when scott was comin off a colapsed lung and ric(one of the greatest workers of his era)was outta gas and it was a sham.I'm not sure 3d coulda consistantly beat the nasty boys if they met in their prime.As for LOD,It doesn't matter who won the most titles(can't judge it by that),its judged on who you faced and beat.3D faced who was left(nobody)so its not their fault,but the fact that bubba goes around making that claim(Devon doesn't)shows how little class he has.LOD,Steiners,Doc&Gordy,Arn&Tully,Midnites,R&R express,Kevin&Kerry,Doc&Rotunda,Harlem Heat(Book&Stevie would killed em(hell,everybody on this list woulda killed em)and so on.In closing,3D won alot of titles in a watered down era against talent that woulda been mid-card at best in the time of Hawk&Animal.Kinda like lebron sayin he's better than Jordan or Kobe.

Exactly, right, brother. I don't believe any modern tag teams could stand up to the likes of Arn and Tully or LOD or any of the others you mentioned. Sadly, tag team wrestling is a lost art.

Hesterica
10-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Exactly, right, brother. I don't believe any modern tag teams could stand up to the likes of Arn and Tully or LOD or any of the others you mentioned. Sadly, tag team wrestling is a lost art.

Man, arn&tully, now that was smashmouth, in your face wrestling...

MackMays05
10-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Arn & Tully gave The Road Warriors hell.

MackMays05
10-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Dealbreaker,The Outsiders.They and 3D were in their primes at the same time,and everybody knows what that woulda been like,,,N.W.O,4life!

Kashdinero
10-19-2010, 02:57 AM
I believe that team 3D would have done alright back in the golden age of the 80's. They're both big and charismatic and have a great finisher... Obviously they couldnt do 30-60 minute matches like the rock n roll express and the midnight express among others, but the nasty boys? The duds would have hung with those guys any night of the week! I reckon they would have fit in the awa or Memphis. But after writing all of that.....
The road warriors would have owned team 3D (both in their prime). Team 3D would have shit their camouflage/tye dye pants at the first chord of iron man. (in a kayfabe way)

MackMays05
10-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Hung with them?The nasties had Jimme Hart and that Megaphone.Winner by a megaphone,the Nastyboys!

marc
10-19-2010, 10:55 AM
I think Demolition or the the team of akeem and big boss man would have given them a run also...or the fantastics...or even the blade runners back when the warrior could wrestle a bit.

Ruggy
10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Road Warriors for sure, the first and only team to win the AWA, NWA(WCW) and WWF(E) tag titles. Never to be done again. That is an achievement.

Kashdinero
10-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Hung with them?The nasties had Jimme Hart and that Megaphone.Winner by a megaphone,the Nastyboys!

Dudleys had big dick Dudley, Joel gertner and sign guy Dudley.... Big Dick Dudley>jimmy hart lol

The Hipster
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
L.O.D. all the way!

NecroButcher187
10-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Geez.....Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!!! Listen, Road Warriors (fuck that L.O.D. bulls@#t) were the greatest tag team of all time. The next best, which I'm surprised no one has mentioned, was The Steiner Bros. Dudleys are definitely top 5 to me. My top 10 tag teams of all time reads like this:

1. Road Warriors
2. Steiner Bros.
3. Fabulous Freebirds
4. Hart Foundation
5. Dudley Boys
6. Midnight Express
7. British Bulldogs
8. Harlem Heat
9. Rock & Roll Express
10. Demolition

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Road Warriors for sure, the first and only team to win the AWA, NWA(WCW) and WWF(E) tag titles. Never to be done again. That is an achievement.

I know Road Warriors have their accomplishments but I'll go with the Dudleys on this. ECW WWF/E NWA TNA and IWGP tag titles. But since these are two epic teams, a regular tag match won't be enough.

marc
10-20-2010, 02:40 AM
"Don't hate the player, hate the game." = seven words lol

Kashdinero
10-20-2010, 03:37 AM
"Don't hate the player, hate the game." = seven words lol

Love booker but... Counting clearly isn't his forte lol

Hollywoodrocco
10-20-2010, 07:00 AM
The Road Warriors all the way.

1 .Road Warriors
2. Steiners
3. Tully and Arn; Arn and Ole
4.Demolition
5.Von Erichs
6.Bulldogs
7.Dudleys
8.Nasty Boys
9.Hart Foundation (Sorry not fond of Bret Hart... I know they should be higher)
10.Rockers

marc
10-20-2010, 10:04 AM
1. Road Warriors
2. The Fabulous Freebirds
3. Minnesota Wrecking Crew(Ole and Arn)
4. Dick Murdoch & Dusty Rhodes
5. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard
6. Steiners
7. Harlem Heat
8. Rock n Roll Express
9. Midnite Express
10. The Fantastics

As you can see, I really do believe that the tag teams of the 80's outclass current ones by a long shot...and im not real sure that numbers 8,9, and 10 shouldnt be ranked higher than they are.