PDA

View Full Version : Two things...

Y2JLionsault
12-23-2011, 06:33 PM
First of all since when does Taker need someone to carry his match? The guy still jumps out of the ring onto his opponent, performs old school and is better than 90%of the roster. He performs fine, even if it is one match a year but he makes it the best match possible.

Secondly why does Y2J have to retire. All the talk is that he comes back for a run against Punk but who says he is going to retire? He has what it takes Togo for years more. Yes he has done everything in the business but it's up to him if he wants to retire, not us.

Automatic
12-23-2011, 06:39 PM
It's just people venting their opinion, why are you getting so upset about it?

The Brown One
12-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I haven't heard many people bitch about Taker being carried or Jericho retiring at this year's Mania. But there's truth to some of these things:

The Undertaker - needs someone who can help him through the match should he need it. It has to be someone he trusts, so that they don't screw up anything and ensure that Taker gets through all of his signature moves and finishers etc.

Chris Jericho - hes having a short feud with Punk when he returns, then taking a long break again. He likely won't retire until next year at the earliest.

URATOOL
12-23-2011, 06:51 PM
First of all since when does Taker need someone to carry his match? The guy still jumps out of the ring onto his opponent, performs old school and is better than 90%of the roster. He performs fine, even if it is one match a year but he makes it the best match possible.

The guy, whilst a fucking legend, hasn't wrestled since last WM. When he was carried out. I doubt he'll be in any rush to jump out of the ring this time around. No one is saying he's past it and can't go, but it very fair to say he's no spring chicken and age and injuries are catching him up. His moveset involves some big moves that need strength, balance and skill. To expect him to pull them off, at his age, without a fair bit of assistance from the other guy is pretty unreasonable.

Shaz11
12-23-2011, 07:24 PM
It's just opinions mate :)

evilgenius780
12-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure what Undertakers injury situation is these days, but that is the only reason I could see him needing someone else to lead the way through a match. Obviously a year away didnt help, but I am sure he will be as prepared as he physically can be.

As for Jericho, I know I have no desire to see him retire, his last run was one of the things that get me watching through a low point.

Steve Austin
12-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Why is he going to Togo for years? ;)

Giddy
12-23-2011, 07:35 PM
#IThinkHeMisspelledToga

Wade Barrett 1979
12-23-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure most people aren't saying he will retire, just that his run will only be short this time, as he has announced Fozzy tour dates in Europe for June! He comes and goes pretty much as he pleases!

Y2JLionsault
12-23-2011, 07:48 PM
I just feel like people are really taking away from the both of them. Taker doesn't need someone to carry the match for him, but he needs a good opponent for the both of them to put on a great match as Taker usually does. And yes Jericho may take another break but no doubt he is one of the few greats that could easily wrestle till he's 50 on technical ability alone. Obviously I'm a Jericho mark but even if I weren't I just find it annoying that people assume he is going to retire. Jericho is the only guy left that truly keeps us guessing. I think my post came off a bit more angrily than what I actually am, lol

Murphdogg4
12-23-2011, 07:49 PM
The guy, whilst a fucking legend, hasn't wrestled since last WM. When he was carried out. I doubt he'll be in any rush to jump out of the ring this time around. No one is saying he's past it and can't go, but it very fair to say he's no spring chicken and age and injuries are catching him up. His moveset involves some big moves that need strength, balance and skill. To expect him to pull them off, at his age, without a fair bit of assistance from the other guy is pretty unreasonable.

you do understand that him being carried out was a angle right? He didn't literally need to be carried out was a work..

Y2JLionsault
12-23-2011, 07:52 PM

*to go, lol. Damn iPad

Wade Barrett 1979
12-23-2011, 07:56 PM
*to go, lol. Damn iPad

Hey, nothing wrong with Togo chief!! :D

Steve Austin
12-23-2011, 08:10 PM
#IThinkHeMisspelledToga

#damnstraight

Hey, nothing wrong with Togo chief!! :D

You know it chief! #Adebayor

*to go, lol. Damn iPad

Yeah sure ipad :rolleyes:

Dr. Death
12-23-2011, 08:39 PM
This is getting old.

Steve Austin
12-23-2011, 08:40 PM
This is getting old.

Like Wade ;)

#hesalreadyold #SSIICCCKKK

Dr. Death
12-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Wade's still a young one, probably just potty trained compared to me.

Steve Austin
12-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Wade's still a young one, probably just potty trained compared to me.

Maybe but he loves the banter ;)

#hesyoungatheart

Wade Barrett 1979
12-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Maybe but he loves the banter ;)

#hesyoungatheart

Only because I was transplanted a new one! :D

#thankgodforyoungmotorcyclists

Cabers
12-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Only because I was transplanted a new one! :D

#thankgodforyoungmotorcyclists

#truethat #hilarious #howyafella

zz9pluralz
12-24-2011, 11:59 AM
The Undertaker's stretchering out was a work, but having said that it's no secret his knees have been pretty close to broken glass for the last decade or more, eventually with the high power style 'Taker does it's gonna catch up with him. Plus he's smart, he knows he doesn't need to put himself at risk of spending his retirement in a wheelchair, so he will only do huge matches.

Jericho's focused far more on Fozzy now, and palling up with his friends in the metal biz (he was on a radio show recently with Mike Portnoy and Eddie Trunk I believe), but really can come and go as he pleases. Jericho is very very smart and already has a good escape route to avoid leaving the business broke and broken.

Stihltygre
12-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I vaguely remember a news bit about Taker taking the year off to heal get a few more of the more nagging injuries out of the way. having been in martial arts and being a similar age to Taker, i can say i could do quite a bit of what i used to do ( if i wasn't lazy about getting back into shape) now with the punishment he's put himself through he has had some replacement surgery but in a lot of cases as young as he is for those surgeries, he should recover very well given a year off to do it. the big problem for someone in his forties is not giving yourself time to heal. i think we may all be surprised at how agile he comes back, will he be taker from the 80's no but i doubt he will need to be carried. we may even see a longer return which would be fantastic.