PDA

View Full Version : Playboy Divas don't fit the mold.

masakaritko
12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
You know, I find it quite amusing that for a number of years, the WWE, and probably more specific, Vince McMahon, was pushing for the WWE divas to pose for playboy. Sable, Chyna, Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria all posed for playboy as centerfolds (Maryse doesn't count b/c she did it before WWE), yet none of them remain with or are even affiliated with WWE anymore. Obviously several of them left on their own accord for various reasons, but look at the ones that were still with the company when the PG transition went full swing. Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria were all around during that transition, and while Ashley may have actually asked for her release, Maria and Candice Michelle were released without warning. The likely reason for their releases is the fact that they had posed for Playboy, something that WWE can no longer support due to their PG format. How about Mickey James? When news came out that she had posed for Hustler before her wwe days, it was only a matter of time before they found an excuse to let her go (i.e. her bad attitude on an overseas tour). Because they had posed nude at some point they no longer fit WWE's mold so they were no longer welcome. The WWE pushed most of them to do playboy though. It's like, "Yes I know we made you do it, but because we of it you are now tainted and cannot represent our PG product" REALLY WWE? "You were too loyal to our company and always did what we told you, so now you're fired." #WhatchutalkinboutWillis

SilverGhost
12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
They didn't want any link with them and their programming/rating. The idiotic parents would throw a fit if they know that a diva posed nude and their child is watching the wrestling program.

Parents you control what your child watches, its your fault.

Asherdelampyr
12-23-2011, 11:35 AM
You know, I find it quite amusing that for a number of years, the WWE, and probably more specific, Vince McMahon, was pushing for the WWE divas to pose for playboy. Sable, Chyna, Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria all posed for playboy as centerfolds (Maryse doesn't count b/c she did it before WWE), yet none of them remain with or are even affiliated with WWE anymore. Obviously several of them left on their own accord for various reasons, but look at the ones that were still with the company when the PG transition went full swing. Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria were all around during that transition, and while Ashley may have actually asked for her release, Maria and Candice Michelle were released without warning. The likely reason for their releases is the fact that they had posed for Playboy, something that WWE can no longer support due to their PG format. How about Mickey James? When news came out that she had posed for Hustler before her wwe days, it was only a matter of time before they found an excuse to let her go (i.e. her bad attitude on an overseas tour). Because they had posed nude at some point they no longer fit WWE's mold so they were no longer welcome. The WWE pushed most of them to do playboy though. It's like, "Yes I know we made you do it, but because we of it you are now tainted and cannot represent our PG product" REALLY WWE? "You were too loyal to our company and always did what we told you, so now you're fired." #WhatchutalkinboutWillis

I just want details on the part that I bolded, honestly I think you are kinda reaching with a lot of this, simply because of the time difference, and because it ignores other divas that have never been shown naked and still got released.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-23-2011, 11:39 AM
http://scarless1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/devilmcmahon.jpg

SESAfro
12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
They didn't want any link with them and their programming/rating. The idiotic parents would throw a fit if they know that a diva posed nude and their child is watching the wrestling program.

Parents you control what your child watches, its your fault.
This. Parents are half way retarded when it comes to television. Instead of not letting their kid watch something, they complain until it's changed.

Plus, with the cover unveiling by K2 when she posed for Maxim (I think) is pretty similar to what they used to do. It's essentially the same thing. Yet everyone complains when nipples come out.

Cabers
12-23-2011, 12:30 PM
I just want details on the part that I bolded, honestly I think you are kinda reaching with a lot of this, simply because of the time difference, and because it ignores other divas that have never been shown naked and still got released.

I'm gong to second this motion i await your response. :P

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
12-23-2011, 02:21 PM
<insert nude-divas-fitting-your-mold joke here>

Asherdelampyr
12-23-2011, 02:32 PM
<insert nude-divas-fitting-your-mold joke here>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPMO12J6a4

KJ PUNK
12-23-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't think they released them because of their "playboy past." youre really reaching with that one. Especially seeing how maryse has posed nude many times before her wwe career yet she was released only a few months ago. If your point would be correct, then she would've been released around the same time Maria was. Gail also has some nude pictures floating around the 'net yet she wasnt released until she became a bitch backstage. Also I think Candice asked for her release so she could start a family, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

VanHooliganX
12-23-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPMO12J6a4

"Oh myy." lol

xAzureSkye
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
The guy has a point, most were released for no reason. There were other Divas who had posed nude who were released for no reason at all - Savannah, Beverly, Saylor James (although they were in FCW, when news spread about their spreads (tehe) then they were quickly fired)

Shaz11
12-23-2011, 06:25 PM
There not hot divas for nothing!

The Brown One
12-23-2011, 06:35 PM
It's funny how times have changed:
Kelly Kelly - posed for Maxim and was an exhibitionist on ECW and even flashed one time. Now shes the postergirl of the PG WWE. How did this happen???

SilverGhost
12-23-2011, 06:52 PM
It's funny how times have changed:
Kelly Kelly - posed for Maxim and was an exhibitionist on ECW and even flashed one time. Now shes the postergirl of the PG WWE. How did this happen???

Vinnie K Mac