PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Stand Up Comedian

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Didn't see a thread for this. Patrice Oneal was quickly moving up on my list, sadly he's gone. Louie CK, Maria Bamford, Patton Oswald, and Doug Standhope are some of my other favs.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Current - Frankie Boyle

Of all time - Bill Hicks

Special mention - Richard Prior

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Current - Frankie Boyle

Of all time - Bill Hicks

Special mention - Richard Prior

you've got me youtubing frankie now..Richard is my all time favorite, actually made net friends with him and his widow before he passed. Bill Hicks was so good Dennis Leary made a career for himself stealing his act.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 04:46 PM
you've got me youtubing frankie now..Richard is my all time favorite, actually made net friends with him and his widow before he passed. Bill Hicks was so good Dennis Leary made a career for himself stealing his act.

Hope you're ok with Scottish accents or you won't understand him!! :D

Really, Richard Prior? That's bleedin' awesome!

Yeah Hicks used to get pissed at that! Typical, Leary becomes this big star yet he's not even worthy of licking Hicks' shoes!!

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 04:51 PM

Yeah Hicks used to get pissed at that! Typical, Leary becomes this big star yet he's not even worthy of licking Hicks' shoes!!

leary get's no respect in the comedy community, oddly enough Robin Williams who is also known for stealing jokes isn't hated, he riffs so much on stage I don't think he means to steal them, he's just saying whatever pops into his head. Got to meet Robin a few times and he's super freakin nice to boot.

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 04:52 PM

WADE THIS guy is freaking funny as hell on some show they asked things you won't hear in a super hero movie and Frakie said "what's that joker? You'll be back? somehow I don't think so.."

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 04:54 PM
leary get's no respect in the comedy community, oddly enough Robin Williams who is also known for stealing jokes isn't hated, he riffs so much on stage I don't think he means to steal them, he's just saying whatever pops into his head. Got to meet Robin a few times and he's super freakin nice to boot.

Williams was a great stand up, when he was at the height of his powers!!

Leary was only interested in fame and whoring himself out for money!

HeelTurn
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Love Frankie Boyle, gutted when he was cut from Mock the Week. Big fan of Jimmy Carr to, met him a few times aswell.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
WADE THIS guy is freaking funny as hell on some show they asked things you won't hear in a super hero movie and Frakie said "what's that joker? You'll be back? somehow I don't think so.."

Ah yes, Mock The Week! :D That's how he first became mainstream in the UK! You have to be broadminded, some of his material is really harsh! :D

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Love Frankie Boyle, gutted when he was cut from Mock the Week. Big fan of Jimmy Carr to, met him a few times aswell.

I only watched one more series after he left, it went down hill so much!

Yeah Carr is good too! You don't expect it, if you've just seen him on normal tv as he appears on EVERYTHING! :D

Sully
Jeff Dunham is pretty funny.

Murphdogg4
Ah yes, Mock The Week! :D That's how he first became mainstream in the UK! You have to be broadminded, some of his material is really harsh! :D

I'm a firm believer that comics should be able to talk about anything, I'm offended by people who think anyone should care when they are offended.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm a firm believer that comics should be able to talk about anything, I'm offended by people who think anyone should care when they are offended.

Absolutely! Once you start to censor comedians, things are really wrong in society!!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Jeff Dunham is pretty funny.

I've seen bits of his work! Mainly with his Crazy Achmed puppet! :D

CGBigMan
12-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Frankie Boyle definatly
Kevin Bridges is good to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcLM_DfPr1Q

Steve Austin
12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Current favs:

Russell Brand
Jimmy Carr
Jason Manford

others:
Tim Minchin is very entertaining
Frankie Boyle

I really like Kevin Bridges at the moment

I hate Ricky Gervais and Stuart Lee

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 06:04 PM
enjoying watching these isle comics, you guys should check out a couple of yanks, Louie CK, and Doug Standhope if your not easily offended

KJ PUNK
12-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Daniel Tosh
Jim Gaffigan
Aziz Ansari
Brian Regan

HeelTurn
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Not too familiar with too many American comics, unless they have made appearances on British shows, guys like Reginald D Hunter for example.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 06:24 PM
enjoying watching these isle comics, you guys should check out a couple of yanks, Louie CK, and Doug Standhope if your not easily offended

I'll check 'em out on your recommendation!

Amerinaine
12-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Ricky Gervais is about all. Oh, Ron White.

Grind_Bastard
12-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Bill fuckin' Hicks is da best!

Alsowatched some sketches of George Carlin, Doug Stanhope and Tim Minchin, they are pretty funny too.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Bill fuckin' Hicks is da best!

Alsowatched some sketches of George Carlin, Doug Stanhope and Tim Minchin, they are pretty funny too.

Damn straight!!

Sig in his honour!!

steveorton
12-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Rusell Peters

The Brown One
12-23-2011, 07:34 AM
I've seen bits of his work! Mainly with his Crazy Achmed puppet! :D

Damn he was awesome! That puppet had it all xD

Rusell Peters

A brown man approves of this statement.

Kashdinero
12-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Bill Hicks is my all time favourite famous person, let alone comedian. I have seen pretty much all of his work, and his take on life matches my own in a huge way. Love him. Man, it's a fucking shame he left this earth at such a young age.

Thanks to Ape, and 'droo, I was introduced to Louis C.K... Amazingly hilarious. "every vagina should have a butterfly floating around it."

Gervais is a fantastic stand up comedian, no way that can be disputed, and those that disagree mainly just don't like Ricky in general. Although, his stand up isn't a patch on The Extras and The Office... I want to see Stephen Merchant's new stand up.

Peter Kay. Brilliant. Loved all his stand up shows, but Phoenix Nights is a classic series that ended far too soon... "Not how it looks? It's a twenty foot cock and balls, man!" has to be one of the greatest one liners in the history of television.

Reginald. D. Hunter is SOOOO funny, and I've only just stumbled upon him. I'll be searching for more of his stuff.

The UFC's Joe Rogan is surprisingly hilarious. I have both of his stand up shows, and am waiting with baited breath for his next one.

Recently watched a John Bishop performance, but wasn't overly impressed. Kinda funny, but definitely not laugh out loud IMO.

My absolute favourite British stand up comedian has to be Michael McIntyre. Everything from his body language to his jokes to his voice just cracks me up... I also do a pretty mean impression of him, right, Leggs? :)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Bill Hicks is my all time favourite famous person, let alone comedian. I have seen pretty much all of his work, and his take on life matches my own in a huge way. Love him. Man, it's a fucking shame he left this earth at such a young age.

Absolutely! Sometimes the adage, 'the light that burns twice as bright, lasts half as long,' has some resonance with certain individuals!

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Ricky Gervais is about all. Oh, Ron White.

Yeah I'm starting to get into him.

I'm just waiting for some Karl Pilkington stand-up to happen. THAT will be amazing!

Asherdelampyr
12-23-2011, 11:12 AM
surprised nobody mentioned him, so I will

Bill Burr, the man rocks.
also love Louis CK. Patton Oswalt and was a huge fan of Greg Giraldo

Gabriel Iglesias, Eddy Izzard, Tommy Tiernan, Craig Ferguson, and there was an Aussie who was hilarious and did a bit about taking his dad to the world cup in Germany.

SESAfro
12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Aziz Ansari and Gabriel Iglasias. Two of the funniest men alive.

Kashdinero
12-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Aziz Ansari and Gabriel Iglasias. Two of the funniest men alive.

Aziz Ansari is a funny mother fucker.

Love him in Parks and Recreation.

Kashdinero
12-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Absolutely! Sometimes the adage, 'the light that burns twice as bright, lasts half as long,' has some resonance with certain individuals!

None more so than Bill.

The documentary of his life is awesome.

I had his face as my avatar for the first few months I was on this site.

He's also been ripped off by more than his fair share of some of the comedians mentioned in this thread.

Iron Ape
12-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Louis C.K. recently tried something a little different by releasing his new Live at the Beacon Theater special exclusively through his website as a $5 download (it's great, by the way). And it went pretty damn well.

hi. So it's been about 12 days since the thing started and yesterday we hit the crazy number. One million dollars. That's a lot of money. Really too much money. I've never had a million dollars all of a sudden. and since we're all sharing this experience and since it's really your money, I wanted to let you know what I'm doing with it. People are paying attention to what's going on with this thing. So I guess I want to set an example of what you can do if you all of a sudden have a million dollars that people just gave to you directly because you told jokes.

So I'm breaking the million into four pieces.

the first 250k is going to pay back what the special cost to produce and the website to build.

The second 250k is going back to my staff and the people who work for me on the special and on my show. I'm giving them a big fat bonus.

The third 280k is going to a few different charities. They are listed below in case you'd like to donate to them also. Some of these i learned about through friends, some were reccomended through twitter.

The Fistula Foundation
The Pablove Foundation
charity: water
Kiva
Green Chimneys
That leaves me with 220k for myself. Some of that will pay my rent and will care for my childen. The rest I will do terrible, horrible things with and none of that is any of your business. In any case, to me, 220k is enough out of a million.

I never viewed money as being "my money" I always saw it as "The money" It's a resource. if it pools up around me then it needs to be flushed back out into the system.

The thing is still on sale. I hope folks keep buying it. If I make another million, I'll give more of it away. I'll let you know when that happens because I like you getting to know what happened to your 5 dollars and bringing awareness to the bla bla bla.

Okay I really gotta go now. Thank you again. I will now stop bugging you. I really hate being in the news this much so I'm gonna just disappear for a while.

Happy hollidays.
Louis C.K.

Dude's a fucking class act.

SilverGhost
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
surprised nobody mentioned him, so I will

Bill Burr, the man rocks.
also love Louis CK. Patton Oswalt and was a huge fan of Greg Giraldo

Gabriel Iglesias, Eddy Izzard, Tommy Tiernan, Craig Ferguson, and there was an Aussie who was hilarious and did a bit about taking his dad to the world cup in Germany.

Funny Roaster, Greg was.

Him, Jeffrey Ross, and Lisa Lampanelli were vicious roasters lol As Jeff said "Roast In Peace"

Kashdinero
12-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Louis C.K. recently tried something a little different by releasing his new Live at the Beacon Theater special exclusively through his website as a $5 download (it's great, by the way). And it went pretty damn well.

Dude's a fucking class act.

That was totally what one would expect him to do. Others with more wouldn't have shared half of that.

Can't wait for the next season of Louie.

K2Jelly
12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Brad Loekle is very underrated.

Giddy
12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Gabriel Iglesias, Aziz Ansari, Lisa Lampanelli, and Kathy Griffin

Murphdogg4
12-23-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree with who ever said Joe Rogan I was shocked at how good and original he was when I first watched him..Plus he called out Carlos Mencia for being a joke thief. I interviewed Bill Burr once lol he ripped me a new asshole over a stupid question I asked I was laughin so hard I almost ruined the interview..

KJ PUNK
12-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Aziz Ansari is a funny mother fucker.

Love him in Parks and Recreation.

One of the funniest and best shows on American tv

Murphdogg4
12-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Comedy is like music, if you like mainstream you'd dig Jeff Dunham, if you like cutting edge Louie Ck, Richard Pryor, Bill Hicks, Doug STandhope, patton oswald are some...also patrice oneal elephant in the room was the business

Murphdogg4
12-23-2011, 05:56 PM
how did we forget George Carlin? He actually got edgier with age..