PDA

View Full Version : Zack Ryder's Gimmick

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 08:45 AM
I remember reading on an older post that someone thought that as over as Ryder is with the fans right now he'd never get to be World Champion or a true main eventer till he changed his gimmick to something more serious. In an era known for its lack of gimmicks and even the top talent being pretty generic would it really be better for Ryder to become just like everyone else to be taken seriously? I for one believe that his gimmick has helped him alot getting over with the fans and his show would be dull (if it would even exist) without his current gimmick. So what do guys think? Should Ryder change his gimmick to something more serious (and likely more generic) in order to compete and win the WWE or WHC?

JamFran
12-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I honestly don't think he needs too. When I first saw this gimmick I thought he would eventually change it, but he has shown that this gimmick isn't a one dimensional character and can change to fit the circumstances (become more serious while still maintaining the gimmick). Yes he can be a bit corny at times, but he is doing really well with it.

Automatic
12-22-2011, 08:54 AM
I want the top title contender to be serious about the title. If he can work with the gimmick and still come across as a serious guy who is serious about winning the title, fine. Otherwise the gimmick needs to be dropped, because realistically his gimmick is a mid card gimmick.

Y2JLionsault
12-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Honestly look at the how ecstatic he was about winning the US title. Other dudes that win the title are just like 'meh, it's no world title'. I want my champions to be like that, treat any championship as if it were a world championship, that is where true prestige comes in. Seeing that reaction out of him and the way he tried his heart out to get it proves to me that he cares about the WWE and would be a worthy champion.

Steve Austin
12-22-2011, 09:34 AM
#AreYouSeriousBro

#RyderOrRiot

#RyderRevolution

Y2J___Y2J
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
His gimmick has helped him get over.. But I don't see him getting to the top of the mountain

SkilletBoi
12-22-2011, 10:01 AM
that post reminded me of this bullcrap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HryG8Xrm68o

SkilletBoi
12-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Honestly look at the how ecstatic he was about winning the US title. Other dudes that win the title are just like 'meh, it's no world title'. I want my champions to be like that, treat any championship as if it were a world championship, that is where true prestige comes in. Seeing that reaction out of him and the way he tried his heart out to get it proves to me that he cares about the WWE and would be a worthy champion.

This post reminded me of this bullcrap, and it WAS the world heavyweight championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HryG8Xrm68o

cancron
12-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Love Ryder and I think it's amazing how he is a self made superstar. But I don't see him as a World Champ till the gimmick changes a bit. This is the same as what happened to YTJ and The Miz. they both had corny gimmicks, remember the Ayatolla of rock n' rolla, or mizfits? they were to childish of gimiscks to get over and when both of those guys changed to a more serious gimmick their careers took off. This is part of the reason Cena is hated, since his gimmick never grew up like everyone elses. Plus Ryder was/is over more with adults then Cena ever has been.

skinner
12-22-2011, 10:06 AM
i like it that ryder does have some kind of gimmick (unlike the cookie cut superstars of recent years. But he's really not that exciting and reminds me of scotty too hotty or grandmaster sexy who were much more over than ryder is now. I predict no WHC OR WC reigns but think he wlll be entertaining for sure.

ET2PHM
12-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I like Ryder and I think his gimmick is great for the IC or US championships. But I can't picture the WWE or World Heavyweight champ standing up and going Woo Woo Woo. I mean Cena did it the other night to help Zac out but he looked totally stupid doing it.

Shaz11
12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I also think that Zack's gimmick has helped him earn the fan's attention!

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 10:13 AM
So would most of you then rather he became a cookie cutter "I'm a badass" no gimmick wrestler to be taken seriously? If so then seems like WWE made the right call making 99% of their roster cookie cutter and getting rid of interesting gimmicks which would be kind of ironic to me since I always hear people talk how the Attitude Era and the Golden Era were great cause of gimmicks.

Cabers
12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Would be interesting to see if he could do a heel version of this gimmick.

Y2JLionsault
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
That's what I mean. Now go look at Eddie winning his first World championship. To me that shows the true person behind the character.

ET2PHM
12-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Gimmicks are good. But they have to fit what they are trying to do. If you are standing across the ring from someone and they say wooo wooo wooo are you going to take them seriously? Whereas someone says Austin 3:16 say's (I just wooped your arse) or What you gonna do or I take my size 16 and shove it up your jabronne arse you know they mean business.

malvec
12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Completely agree. You don't see battles for the US or intercontinental belts like Steamboat and Savage or Austin and Hart. Those belts have been watered down in these past years up until now. I think the WWE is finally putting a little credibility in those titles with Ryder and Rhodes. Personally, i like the way that Cody carries himself like if he was world champion.

Y2JLionsault
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Exactly. Remember the days when a top guy would go for the intercontinental championship without it being 'below' him. I still don't understand why Randy didn't face Cody for it. Didn't have to win but at least fight for it, give it some real credibility. Jericho had no issue, after being a multi time world champ, holding the IC title.

ET2PHM
12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Malvec and Y2J agree with both of you on that. I would add one thing. To me this is where Daniel Bryan could have been utilized more effectively. Let these guys build up the prestige of the IC and US championships along with the Tags. Then when their ready to take that next step move them into the World and WWE pics. These guys are moved up to fast and then there is a vacuum in the talent down at the IC and US championships.

Y2JLionsault
12-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Malvec and Y2J agree with both of you on that. I would add one thing. To me this is where Daniel Bryan could have been utilized more effectively. Let these guys build up the prestige of the IC and US championships along with the Tags. Then when their ready to take that next step move them into the World and WWE pics. These guys are moved up to fast and then there is a vacuum in the talent down at the IC and US championships.

True that. It is fair that the world titles are held in a higher light than the IC and US titles but its about the pride the champ shows in holding it. They should be happy to have the belt and when they are really built up as a credible competitor against anyone in the company, they can step up, like with Dolph. They need to really put more time into building their superstars.

Wrestlinfan608
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Reasons why Zack Ryder is annoying

1. His theme music

2. HIS GLASSES FOR FUCKS SAKE THEY MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A TOOL

3. His hair cut

4. The way he does that camera thing before he does his finisher, its retarded

5. WOO WOO WOO.... FAIL FAIL FAIL

6. The guy would get his ass whooped by a real wrestler, I am sorry to say. Zack Ryder will never inspire "toughness" and they have him beat dolph ziggler an actual wrestler the whole zack ryder crazy makes me sick

ET2PHM
12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Y2J. Agree it is nice to see someone take pride in it. I think what I was getting at is that with the way things go now. How fast the belts change hands and the fact that in less than a year some of these guys are already WHC or the WWE its kind of hard because they really didn't have to fight for it. I mean think back to the build up of Steamboat and Savage. There use to be great build ups. Multiple matches over the course of months and then finally a climax at a PPV. At the end you would really say he earned it. If the fans believe through the story telling that you earned it then maybe they will too. Which we kind of have that with Zack.

Double J
12-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Ryder's gimmick is annoying, it is over the top, and some of the things he does and says make you cringe, but this is merely the start of Zack Ryder. I try to think back to the start of such characters as the Undertaker or Triple H, they started off completely out there, but slowly over time they've evolved. I'm a fan of Ryder, I love how he's managed to go from a 'future endeavours' to the US Championship. His gimmick at the minute as I said makes you cringe, but over time hopefully he'll mellow out.

daverende5
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2472337&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/2472337/zack-ryder-fist-pumping.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

Haters gonna Hate

The Piper
12-22-2011, 11:39 AM
I detest Zack and his gimmick,he does not deserve the world title, he deserves a hard boot to the face #douche.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Ric Flair blading is funnier than most of the comments here!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 11:53 AM

1. His theme music

3. His hair cut

6. The guy would get his ass whooped by a real wrestler, I am sorry to say. Zack Ryder will never inspire "toughness" and they have him beat dolph ziggler an actual wrestler the whole zack ryder crazy makes me sick

http://www.julkaisut.fi/lip433/media/need%20a%20hug.jpg

Steve Austin
12-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Ric Flair blading is funnier than most of the comments here!

#burn #yougotowned #ryderorriot #areyouseriousbro

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Getting kicked in the nuts might be a better use of time rather than reading this thread.

JLeeDude1892
12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
We don't need anymore perfectly shaped cookies. We need gimmicks to make the WWE go round.

CobraNightviper
12-22-2011, 12:14 PM
I thought his gimmick(and charisma)was what got him over in the first place?oh yeah and the internet.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Getting kicked in the nuts might be a better use of time rather than reading this thread.

Wow rude much? Can't believe people even waste their time telling us that a thread is not worth their time. If it's not worth my time I don't read it and I deffinitely don't waste my time commenting so it must be worth your time then. Either that or you want to waste our time by telling us something you claim isn't worth yours. Either way don't be a troll. Thanks! ;)

Steve Austin
12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Wow rude much? Can't believe people even waste their time telling us that a thread is not worth their time. If it's not worth my time I don't read it and I deffinitely don't waste my time commenting so it must be worth your time then. Either that or you want to waste our time by telling us something you claim isn't worth yours. Either way don't be a troll. Thanks! ;)

#yougogirl #talktothehand

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Not really, but I can be if you want to provoke me. Stop trying to be the almighty internet police.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Not really, but I can be if you want to provoke me. Stop trying to be the almighty internet police.

0.0 The big bad wolf of the IWC is gonna troll me. What ever shall I do? Don't go playing the whole " I'm a badass behind the keyboad" game dude. Your tag on here may say God, but keep in mind that just means you post alot and not that you're entitled to troll and people have to like it.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 12:34 PM
0.0 The big bad wolf of the IWC is gonna troll me. What ever shall I do? Don't go playing the whole " I'm a badass behind the keyboad" game dude. Your tag on here may say God, but keep in mind that just means you post alot and not that you're entitled to troll and people have to like it.

#rulenumber1

#neverarguewithawomen

#clique4life

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 12:43 PM

First off you fluzzie, I wasn't trolling. Second, You don't have a clue as to who I am so don't pretend to know how I feel. Making assumptions just makes an ass out of you. Third I don't play - period. Fourth, take your pms elsewhere, not to me - I don't have to put up with it unlike your barbies. And finally, grow up and learn to pick your fights. I didn't post to troll or start a fight, just to make an opinionated comment. The one trying to troll to pick a fight is you. We can take this to pm if you'd like, but I won't waste my breath anymore trying to explain something to a blond, as all know blondes don't know how to think - hence the blonde jokes.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
#rulenumber1

#neverarguewithawomen

#clique4life

Grow up already - she rules nothing.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 12:45 PM
First off you fluzzie, I wasn't trolling. Second, You don't have a clue as to who I am so don't pretend to know how I feel. Making assumptions just makes an ass out of you. Third I don't play - period. Fourth, take your pms elsewhere, not to me - I don't have to put up with it unlike your barbies. And finally, grow up and learn to pick your fights. I didn't post to troll or start a fight, just to make an opinionated comment. The one trying to troll to pick a fight is you. We can take this to pm if you'd like, but I won't waste my breath anymore trying to explain something to a blond, as all know blondes don't know how to think - hence the blonde jokes.

dude im not sure there was a need for that mate.. seemed very harsh too me!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Grow up already - she rules nothing.

dont remember saying she ruled anything..

i think somone needs too calm down!

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 12:49 PM
dude im not sure there was a need for that mate.. seemed very harsh too me!

I said I wasn't trying to be rude before, but could if I was provoked. She provoked me.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 12:50 PM
dont remember saying she ruled anything..

i think somone needs too calm down!

I am calm. I just don't read hash marks too well.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I said I wasn't trying to be rude before, but could if I was provoked. She provoked me.

she provoked you.. wow man you must get in alot of arguments then, seemed very harsh and uncalled for too me..

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 12:52 PM
she provoked you.. wow man you must get in alot of arguments then, seemed very harsh and uncalled for too me..

Not really, people usually learn to leave well enough alone. Wow man... I thought you were smarter than that.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM

First of all I'm not a blonde, the girl in the picture is Velvet Sky duh! Second of all this thread is about Zack Ryder's gimmick as the title suggests so your smart ass comment about it not being worth your time is trolling since your only reason to open the thread was to say negative things about it and not to contribute to it. Third of all I don't need to know you to know that your comment was ignorant. And finally don't pretend you know me with all the blonde jokes and pms jokes cause you obviously don't want me to pretend I know you. I won't go as far as to insult you because I have more class in my pinky than you have in your whole body so comment on the subject if you want to contribute and if not then don't act like a troll if you don't want to be compared to one.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Not really, people usually learn to leave well enough alone. Wow man... I thought you were smarter than that.

alrite dude, well im not going too turn this into somthing bigger.. but for me it seemed harsh and uncalled for!

if you think you were provoked then fair enough!

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
First of all I'm not a blonde, the girl in the picture is Velvet Sky duh! Second of all this thread is about Zack Ryder's gimmick as the title suggests so your smart ass comment about it not being worth your time is trolling since your only reason to open the thread was to say negative things about it and not to contribute to it. Third of all I don't need to know you to know that your comment was ignorant. And finally don't pretend you know me with all the blonde jokes and pms jokes cause you obviously don't want me to pretend I know you. I won't go as far as to insult you because I have more class in my pinky than you have in your whole body so comment on the subject if you want to contribute and if not then don't act like a troll if you don't want to be compared to one.

I don't want to hear about how many classes (or people) you've done with your pinky. Also how do you know if you don't know me? Asuming things are really making you look low class by the way troll. I'll post what I want and you have the option to respond or not. It's that simple. I could care less how you think of me, so save the drama for your mamma.

Wrestlinfan608
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't want to hear about how many classes (or people) you've done with your pinky. Also how do you know if you don't know me? Asuming things are really making you look low class by the way troll. I'll post what I want and you have the option to respond or not. It's that simple. I could care less how you think of me, so save the drama for your mamma.

Go smoke a bowl and quit whining dude, I read all of your posts just give up already.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 01:09 PM
alrite dude, well im not going too turn this into somthing bigger.. but for me it seemed harsh and uncalled for!

if you think you were provoked then fair enough!

Thank you for not turning it into something bigger. I was provoked by the simple fact that if she's so classy, she could have just ignored the post instead of trying to go ghetto with me. Simple as that. I responded the way I did because she couldn't leave well enough alone. So IMO it was fair.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 01:10 PM

Speaking of mommas yours must be so proud with the way you stereotype women and assume every time they treat you badly it's pms related. I'm gonna focus on the thread subject again. You have yourself a nice day.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Go smoke a bowl and quit whining dude, I read all of your posts just give up already.

Go smoke your friends pole and quit trying to get involved. By the way I'm surprised. I didn't know you knew how to read.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Speaking of mommas yours must be so proud with the way you stereotype women and assume every time they treat you badly it's pms related. I'm gonna focus on the thread subject again. You have yourself a nice day.

Well she was and even though she's not here anymore, she still is. And no I don't stereaotype all women who disagree with me, most I talk to have more class and can carry a good conversation even when they disagree.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Well she was and even though she's not here anymore, she still is. And no I don't stereaotype all women who disagree with me, most I talk to have more class and can carry a good conversation even when they disagree.

Yea cause asking you not to demean my thread by saying it's not worth your time even when you haven't taken the time to read it is so unfair of me and shows so little class on my part. Whatever dude clealry I can't expect you to come to a wrestling website and show the manners you don't show at home.

malvec
12-22-2011, 01:21 PM

1. His theme music

3. His hair cut

Wise dragon slayer once said "You just pointed at all of me."
in other words, you just mentioned everything that makes Ryder Ryder lol.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Yea cause asking you not to demean my thread by saying it's not worth your time even when you haven't taken the time to read it is so unfair of me and shows so little class on my part. Whatever dude clealry I can't expect you to come to a wrestling website and show the manners you don't show at home.

I did read the thread. And not every post made on a thread is a direct response at the thread maker. Again - since you don't know me, why are you presuming to know how I act at home? Just another one of your provoking comments designed to try and get a negative reaction out of me. How am I to expect you to be? Whatever, like I said, I could care less. You seem to take things too personally, so don't try to make this personal and stop blowing it all out of proportion.

malvec
12-22-2011, 01:40 PM

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq244/malvec/50F7F5A2-0327-411F-A77E-E458049ADAFD.jpg

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 01:42 PM
I did read the thread. And not every post made on a thread is a direct response at the thread maker. Again - since you don't know me, why are you presuming to know how I act at home? Just another one of your provoking comments designed to try and get a negative reaction out of me. How am I to expect you to be? Whatever, like I said, I could care less. You seem to take things too personally, so don't try to make this personal and stop blowing it all out of proportion.

I'm sorry, weren't you the one who assumed I was blonde and going through pms? If I took things personally it's because you made them that way by insulting me (or rather the dumb blonde girl in pms you thought I was) rather than keeping your cool. Just cause someone asks that you stick to a subject and not act like a troll doesn't mean you have to attack them.

Steve Austin
12-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry, weren't you the one who assumed I was blonde and going through pms? If I took things personally it's because you made them that way by insulting me (or rather the dumb blonde girl in pms you thought I was) rather than keeping your cool. Just cause someone asks that you stick to a subject and not act like a troll doesn't mean you have to attack them.

#girlfriendyoubettercheckyourself #imoutofcontrol #icouldtotallybeablackgirl

SilverGhost
12-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Zack Ryder's gimmick->a little flaming. I think you kids you need chill for a bit.

SilverGhost
12-22-2011, 05:03 PM
What was I going to say.....oh yeah...

Zack Ryder will change the gimmick down the road if he wants to be more credible than he is now. But for now....he makes the WWE money with his current gimmick.

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 05:40 PM
My god king, glamor girl beat dr death like a goverment mule....the carnage!!!! The carnaaaaaaaaage!!!!!!

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I found zacks' youtube promo's awesome, not so much his wrestling persona though.

Steve Austin
12-22-2011, 05:42 PM
This thread is open again?

#ITSON ;)

Giddy
12-22-2011, 05:44 PM
My god king, glamor girl beat dr death like a goverment mule....the carnage!!!! The carnaaaaaaaaage!!!!!!
This has been a slobberknocker!!!

OT: I think Ryder's character is good for his position at the moment and moves a lot of merchandise, but when he's ready to move up the ranks his gimmick will get more serious

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
What was I going to say.....oh yeah...

Zack Ryder will change the gimmick down the road if he wants to be more credible than he is now. But for now....he makes the WWE money with his current gimmick.

Exactly, he's shifting merch like a good 'un!

I think he'll evolve his character as required! He has the nouse to do this!

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 05:53 PM

Bull, I wasn't allowed to reply because the thread got locked. I don't appreciate you starting crap again.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 05:55 PM

You insulted yourself by posting.

Y2JLionsault
12-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Y2J. Agree it is nice to see someone take pride in it. I think what I was getting at is that with the way things go now. How fast the belts change hands and the fact that in less than a year some of these guys are already WHC or the WWE its kind of hard because they really didn't have to fight for it. I mean think back to the build up of Steamboat and Savage. There use to be great build ups. Multiple matches over the course of months and then finally a climax at a PPV. At the end you would really say he earned it. If the fans believe through the story telling that you earned it then maybe they will too. Which we kind of have that with Zack.

Completely get it. Can't stand how guys like Del Rio just come in and are thrust into the World Title scene. Seriously what a waste of ppv's having him win MITB and the RR. Plus headlining mania. If he weren't shoved down our throats so badly he may actually have been quite over as a heel. He should have started with the IC title and should have had a far better gimmick. But him holding the WWE title was absolutely shit.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Zack Ryders gimmick will only last so long before the WWE makes him change it.

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Bull, I wasn't allowed to reply because the thread got locked. I don't appreciate you starting crap again.

I'm just calling the match

Automatic
12-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Completely get it. Can't stand how guys like Del Rio just come in and are thrust into the World Title scene. Seriously what a waste of ppv's having him win MITB and the RR. Plus headlining mania. If he weren't shoved down our throats so badly he may actually have been quite over as a heel. He should have started with the IC title and should have had a far better gimmick. But him holding the WWE title was absolutely shit.

Del Rio has been absolutely fucked over by WWE.
He was supposed to win the title at the Rumble, then at Mania then they gave him the briefcase so he could be champ in Mexico. And then his title reign got interrupted by a Cena reign, because they needed a rating bump.
And realistically his gimmick is main event level, you can't have a rich, aristocratic guy in mid card, because that would make no sense.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm just calling the match

The match was far from over. SG shut it down before I could respond and I thought we were getting close to ending it peacefully anyway.

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 06:06 PM
The match was far from over. SG shut it down before I could respond and I thought we were getting close to ending it peacefully anyway.

let's call it before you have to bring in a foreign object to try and get the win..

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Whatever, like I said before, I could care less.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 06:15 PM
You insulted yourself by posting.

Seriously? Gonna start again? Just give it a rest, we all had enough of your sidetracking.

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Seriously? Gonna start again? Just give it a rest, we all had enough of your sidetracking.

Seriously? Read my other posts in which I said I thought we were close to ending this on peaceful note. I didn't post to start up again. Murphdog did. I was replying to posts about me and I commented on your inflammatory depiction of myself. That's all so get over yourself. Post as much as you want to, reply, do whatever. I've had enough of your mindless dribbling and insinuations. If you took the time to read I actually posted on the subject, I suggest you do the same and quit trying to make yourself look good. Nothing can do that and you also just can't fix stupid so I'm going to stop trying with you.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Seriously? Read my other posts in which I said I thought we were close to ending this on peaceful note. I didn't post to start up again. Murphdog did. I was replying to posts about me and I commented on your inflammatory depiction of myself. That's all so get over yourself. Post as much as you want to, reply, do whatever. I've had enough of your mindless dribbling and insinuations. If you took the time to read I actually posted on the subject, I suggest you do the same and quit trying to make yourself look good. Nothing can do that and you also just can't fix stupid so I'm going to stop trying with you.

First of all I read in order rather than skipping to the end. Second of all you claim you couldn't care less so show it by reading other threads or simply doing other things. And finally I know you can't fix stupid because obviously you're still commenting on my thread :p

Giddy
12-22-2011, 06:30 PM
First of all I read in order rather than skipping to the end. Second of all you claim you couldn't care less so show it by reading other threads or simply doing other things. And finally I know you can't fix stupid because obviously you're still commenting on my thread :P.
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002229109/3516712818_can_t_we_all_just_get_along_xlarge.jpeg

SilverGhost
12-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah just let it go. Move on please. Discuss in the topic at hand. So what that people disagree with Ryder's gimmick or not? Who cares? It works.

http://www.lolbrary.com/lolpics/302/sea-turtle-says-deal-with-it-5302.jpg

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 06:34 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002229109/3516712818_can_t_we_all_just_get_along_xlarge.jpeg

Yup!!

Also read my sig:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Exactly, he's shifting merch like a good 'un!

I think he'll evolve his character as required! He has the nouse to do this!

I'll quote myself, as I made a damn fine point!! (if I say so myself :p)

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I'll quote myself, as I made a damn fine point!! (if I say so myself :p)

So would you like him to evolve away from his current gimmick even if it turns him into a generic tough guy?

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 06:57 PM
So would you like him to evolve away from his current gimmick even if it turns him into a generic tough guy?

I don't think he'll evolve his gimmick! Tweak, is probably a closer summation of what he'll do! He runs the risk of losing what he has built, if he changes too much!

I think he's ok but he's no Jericho, who can re-invent himself so well!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 06:58 PM
so the thread is back open!

#roundtwo?.

or

#movedon?.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 07:02 PM

#roundtwo?.

or

#movedon?.

#movedonbro

#keeptotopicnow

#clique4life

Giddy
12-22-2011, 07:02 PM

#roundtwo?.

or

#movedon?.
#RoundTwo #PopcornTime
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/popcorn_yes.gif

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
#movedonbro

#keeptotopicnow

#clique4life

#Good

#cool

#clique4life!

Giddy
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
#movedonbro

#keeptotopicnow

#clique4life
Damn, Now I have an unneeded Popcorn gif in the thread :(

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM

No worries, I'll have it! :D

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 07:12 PM

#Keepitbro!

#imsuretherewillbeanothertime!

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 07:27 PM

#roundtwo?.

or

#movedon?.

Move on lol. Besides it's been way more than 2 rounds and this thread is about Ryder :).

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 07:29 PM
I moved on hours ago! :D

and yes your right..

so yeh.. lets talk about ryder then..

The Brown One
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Ryder doesn't deserve to be a world champion right now anyway. But if hes going to even compete for it as a legitimate contender in a couple of years, hes definitely got to change his mic skills. Hes got to get more serious about things. It's fine to be as colorful and flamboyant and he is, and still be a world champion, but not without the right attitude towards it.

Glamour Girl
12-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Ryder doesn't deserve to be a world champion right now anyway. But if hes going to even compete for it as a legitimate contender in a couple of years, hes definitely got to change his mic skills. Hes got to get more serious about things. It's fine to be as colorful and flamboyant and he is, and still be a world champion, but not without the right attitude towards it.

I agree he's not ready to be world champion, what I wonder is if in this era of of cookie cutter no gimmick wrestlers do we really want one of the few wrestlers with a gimmick to drop his gimmick and become like the rest. As I previously said if we do prefer that then it would seem Vince was right to get rid of the gimmicks.

SilverGhost
12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
I agree he's not ready to be world champion, what I wonder is if in this era of of cookie cutter no gimmick wrestlers do we really want one of the few wrestlers with a gimmick to drop his gimmick and become like the rest. As I previously said if we do prefer that then it would seem Vince was right to get rid of the gimmicks.

Getting rid of gimmicks is a bad move, even if it was Vinnie Mac's idea.

The Brown One
12-22-2011, 08:03 PM

I think Ryder could work as a world champion with his gimmick. Hell I didn't take guys like The Rock seriously until he opened his mouth. He knew how to work a crowd just by sounding serious, along with a couple of jokes and corny catchphrases thrown in there. If Ryder can learn to do the same, he will look more like a #1 contender and less like a midcarder. But all good things take time :)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2011, 08:27 PM

#Verytrue!

maybe in the future ryder will become the new cena LOL.. NAH! :D

Tomsta666
12-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm more than happy to see Ryder at the top of the mid-card.
As others have said, he's got to evolve the gimmick if he wants to get any higher.
But if he doesn't then fine. Zack Ryder mid-card king... I'm happy with that.

WOO WOO WOO

HBK
12-22-2011, 09:36 PM
I could see Ryder being World Champ by the end of 2012, even if it is for a short reign. (MITB)

PandaMassacre
12-22-2011, 10:57 PM
I cringe at some of Zack Ryder's "Woo Woo Woo" moments. Zack is a very entertaining man and he sells a ton of merchandise for the WWE. If he continues to rake in the dollar signs then he would be a main-stay in the upper-mid-cards. The only reason I have a hard time believing in him as a valuable player to the main event scene is mostly his theme song and just the overall way he carries himself. This nasty view I have of him might just be because I always pictured him as a Christian-ish type of heel.

Tomsta666
12-22-2011, 11:01 PM
I cringe at some of Zack Ryder's "Woo Woo Woo" moments. Zack is a very entertaining man and he sells a ton of merchandise for the WWE. If he continues to rake in the dollar signs then he would be a main-stay in the upper-mid-cards. The only reason I have a hard time believing in him as a valuable player to the main event scene is mostly his theme song and just the overall way he carries himself. This nasty view I have of him might just be because I always pictured him as a Christian-ish type of heel.

I dont have a problem with his theme. Infact I think it's perfect for him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9aslBWkT8&feature=related

Once the jersy shore hype dies down then yeah, change it asap
Untill then thought it totally works for him BROSKET!! :D

I sing along as sson as he comes out!! :cool:

Dr. Death
12-23-2011, 01:27 AM
It gets old fast.

SilverGhost
12-23-2011, 01:29 AM
Well....Zack Ryder was the reason why Jersey Shore is even relevant.

If he can make his gimmick better, it will be really good. But as a wrestler, he is still getting there but its good to see another star born. They have to use him right.