PDA

View Full Version : Shaq vs Show at Mania..what do you think?

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 04:53 AM
Would you care? would this add to the card? And I'd hate to see show have to job to yet again another non wrestler.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-22-2011, 05:03 AM
It is stupid but I think we underestimate how much people like stupid shit!! :D

To be fair, I'm not a Big Fan of Big Show, so I'm not really arsed about jobbing him out to another celeb! As long as it's short and doesn't take up too much time, that could be better spent on other things!!

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 05:18 AM
It is stupid but I think we underestimate how much people like stupid shit!! :D

To be fair, I'm not a Big Fan of Big Show, so I'm not really arsed about jobbing him out to another celeb! As long as it's short and doesn't take up too much time, that could be better spent on other things!!

I'm still trying to forget his sumo match...

URATOOL
12-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Would you care? would this add to the card? And I'd hate to see show have to job to yet again another non wrestler.

It would be a really uncomfortable to watch, clusterfuck of a match. Slow, botchy and with a shit ending. NEXT!

Cabers
12-22-2011, 05:48 AM
It would be a really uncomfortable to watch, clusterfuck of a match. Slow, botchy and with a shit ending. NEXT!

Agreed. It's like WWE is trying to come up with a shitter match than Cole vs. Lawler with this bollix!! And they will succeed.

Rassling_Fan
12-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Please no. I wouldn't recommend a Shaq match even for a live show.

Great One
12-22-2011, 06:03 AM

Are you talking about Floyd "Money" Mayweather? because he isnt a wrestler but he's a boxer so he didnt really job to him...just saying

Shaz11
12-22-2011, 07:14 AM
I swear down Show's faced 2 celebs already!

Zilvis
12-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Dear god.. First Lawler vs Cole, now this? Does the WWE just enjoy wasting time on these things?

Blinker
12-22-2011, 07:44 AM

^^^ So true.

I remember watching Rodman and Malone wrestle in WCW. It was the most cringe worthy match I ever watched. It was SO BAD. They don't need to put in filler matches at Wrestlemania.

PSOjedi
12-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't want to see a stupid match like that.

loudpack
12-22-2011, 08:14 AM
^^^ So true.

I remember watching Rodman and Malone wrestle in WCW. It was the most cringe worthy match I ever watched. It was SO BAD. They don't need to put in filler matches at Wrestlemania.

Lol at the image of Karl Malone showing off his wingspan

The Brown One
12-22-2011, 08:31 AM
The WWE think this will get them more media attention. I don't know how well Snooki at this year's Mania worked for them getting buys, but it's worth it if their buyrates go up.

Y2JLionsault
12-22-2011, 09:39 AM
It is the same thing every year with the WWE, nothing new having a celebrity in a match or involved in some way. Is it entertaining? Not really but it's become a tradition at 'mania as much as Takers streak. No use complaining because since when does VKM give a shit. He is in it for the money which is why he made the best part of 'mania (the MITB Ladder match) into its own ppv. Dick move but it is what it is, just like the celebrity matches at mania :/ plus Big Show deserves so much better than that shit. One of the longest serving guys on the roster and they put him in ridiculous matches. Not saying give him a championship match but a good feud with decent build up would be nice.

Automatic
12-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Why waste Shaquille's match on a PPV that will already generate 1 million PPV buys. I'd have it on another PPV like SummerSlam.
I do think it will be good though.

Mikeyboy7777777
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I can already hear the boring chants

jledwig
12-22-2011, 10:54 AM
You guys are crazy, I thought it was awesome how Shaq got involved with Big Show a couple of years ago with Jericho. This is brilliant I think would be alot better than what snooki was. Shaq had always talked about doing WWE when he retires from NBA. This is perfect. I really think it would be fun to watch. As long as they give both rest before they can put a good show on. I personally would like it to be hardcore type match not just a simple 1 on 1 match.

jledwig
12-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok so how about instead of making a match making a match between show and henry for WWE Championship. Shaq is special Ref. Would that be too hard to handle ...

wrestlingfan66513
12-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Ok so how about instead of making a match making a match between show and henry for WWE Championship. Shaq is special Ref. Would that be too hard to handle ...

No one wants to see that feud again. Most of the matches had dirty or unfinished endings and it was slow and boring.

The Expendable
12-22-2011, 11:33 AM
It would definitely SUCK but this is the type of time fillers that WWE use so I wouldn't be suprised if they put it on the card

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Why waste Shaquille's match on a PPV that will already generate 1 million PPV buys. I'd have it on another PPV like SummerSlam.
I do think it will be good though.

Exactly. And, in addition, this Wrestlemania *could* be one of the best for years; I mean likely Punk/ Jericho, Cena/Rock, then possibly Bryan v ? Then Taker's 'quest' for 20-0. Even a Natalya/ Pheonix match would be intriguing.

No need for Shaq there.

evilgenius780
12-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Are you talking about Floyd "Money" Mayweather? because he isnt a wrestler but he's a boxer so he didnt really job to him...just saying

I don't see this one being as good as Mayweather vs Big Show, but Im willing to give it a chance. People need to get used to the fact that WWE likes to include celebrities at Wrestlemania, and I will take Shaq over Snookie any day. Though I would like to see Snookie get the WMD

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't see this one being as good as Mayweather vs Big Show, but Im willing to give it a chance. People need to get used to the fact that WWE likes to include celebrities at Wrestlemania, and I will take Shaq over Snookie any day. Though I would like to see Snookie get the WMD

Some of us chose not to like what we don't like, seems like some folks think you have to like whatever is fed to you or your not a real fan.

evilgenius780
12-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Some of us chose not to like what we don't like, seems like some folks think you have to like whatever is fed to you or your not a real fan.

Never said it doesnt make you a real fan, who am I to decide what a real fan is? If you watch the show, take the time to discuss that, it makes you a real fan. You don't have to like it, but you may as well get used to it, because it will never stop. I wasn't happy to see Snookie last year, I wasn't happy to see Mickey Rourke clean Chris Jericho's clock, but every year we will get treated to something of that sort.

El T Draino 316
12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
After watching their brief encounter, I think Shaq vs Show would be awesome to watch. Shaq's one of the most famous athletes of all time, a globally recognized entertainer, hopping in a wrestling ring live in front of 70 thousand people?

Several of you have mentioned that the Big Show deserves better, perhaps a solid feud with a real wrestler? Big Show will get the most exposure he's had since entering the WWE. ALL OVER the place in terms of the media, interviews, ESPN, and guaranteed TNT talks with Chuck and the gang. If I was Show, I'd much rather be a part of that, than a 2 month feud, 6th on the card, against another wrestler he's a foot taller than and 200 lbs bigger than.

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
After watching their brief encounter, I think Shaq vs Show would be awesome to watch. Shaq's one of the most famous athletes of all time, a globally recognized entertainer, hopping in a wrestling ring live in front of 70 thousand people?

Several of you have mentioned that the Big Show deserves better, perhaps a solid feud with a real wrestler? Big Show will get the most exposure he's had since entering the WWE. ALL OVER the place in terms of the media, interviews, ESPN, and guaranteed TNT talks with Chuck and the gang. If I was Show, I'd much rather be a part of that, than a 2 month feud, 6th on the card, against another wrestler he's a foot taller than and 200 lbs bigger than.

you make a good point, I shaq actually decided to become a full time wrestler and build up to this match I wouldn't be so against it. And how will the media attention help show? Bam Bam Bigalo wasn't helped in any way by jobbing to Lawrence Taylor and that got all kinds of media attention.

Pumpkinhead
12-22-2011, 07:27 PM
I wonder why Big Show always face the guest star haha

Dr. Death
12-23-2011, 02:08 AM

In other words it would upstage the cena vs Rock main event. yea I got it. it should be co-main event with takers match.

VanHooliganX
12-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Personally no, don't want to see this happen.

Then I realise I have 0% pull and WWE may do this and theres fuck all I can do about it.

So i'll cut my loses and thank them that it isn't Snookie or any Jersey Whore member this year.

Murphdogg4
12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Personally no, don't want to see this happen.

Then I realise I have 0% pull and WWE may do this and theres fuck all I can do about it.

So i'll cut my loses and thank them that it isn't Snookie or any Jersey Whore member this year.

lol, you win with this point..it shaq saves us from a Situation match I'm all for it

The Hit Man
12-23-2011, 06:14 PM
The whole purpose of including a celebrity in a match is to attract a different type of buyer. Someone who has little interest in wrestling but is crazy about basketball will be more likely buy WrestleMania if Shaq is on the card than if he is not. It makes perfect sense for this match to happen. It won't be the best thing to watch from a wrestling purists point of view but I doubt it will be a disaster of a match provided Shaq puts in some time to train for it. Maywether vs Show was actually a decent match.

Rilla
12-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Snookie's celebrity appearance wasn't half bad either.

Shaq doing a bit of training could make for a at least decent match.

Hopefully they don't choose to turn Show heel for it, instead of turning DBD heel.