PDA

View Full Version : Ahh Sheamus

beatfighter3000
12-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Ok, let me first start off by saying Sheamus is in no way a bad wrestler; in fact he's a great wrestler. He's got charisma, he's good on the mic, pale as a ghost, but that's okay. Great Talent overall.

My main concern is, he's a bit boring. Yeah I know "A man of his size can't be doing shooting star presses like evan", but I dont care much about that. I mean Big show in his prime seemed more versatile than what im being shown by sheamus.

Even though there are scripted wins, I do not like the way Sheamus seems to dominate all of his opponents in EXACTLY the same way. Whats up with this "battering ram" move hes got going on. By God, that must be the most displeasing and so lacklustre move I have ever seen :( Kane's diving clothesline has a power rating of over 9000 compared to the battering ram and look at the size of that man compared to sheamus. Kicking out at a one count after being completely dominated on the outside [shown during his match up against swagger at TLC] just doesnt make sense to me. Either he becomes heel, or this boring human being continues his reign of boredom

So I bet you're wondering "What is this Fresh user [or whatever im called on here] making a rant about Sheamus of all people?" Its just that people are constantly complaining about Cena and his 5 moves a match, let me count Sheamus' moves:

1) Battering Ram
2) Irish Hand grenade
3) Tilt-a-whirl powerslam [what it looks like to me]
4) Brogue Kick
5) Celtic Cross

Now tell me, what other moves does this man do [other than that polish hammer, which doesnt require grappling the opponent, hence why it isnt in the list]

But yeah, Just a thread to have your thoughts on Sheamus
[However this is in no way a Cena-Bashing thread or a Sheamus-Bashing thread]

The Brown One
12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
I still like Sheamus. I just don't like the way that they are booking ALL of his matches. He wins all his matches, that's okay, since he doesn't really bury anyone completely. But his matches are also very similar each time, like you mentioned. What I want to see is for Sheamus to end his matches differently, instead of doing the same routine. But expect him to keep doing this until he gets moved up to the world title picture.

LoGik
12-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I must partially agree because he has been using the same old routine as of late but I think they can change that. I think he has been dominating jinder mahal and such because they don't really have anything for him right now but they want him to stay relevant.

The Brown One
12-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Who knows maybe they're using him to put over new people.

VanHooliganX
12-21-2011, 11:14 PM
I still like Sheamus. I just don't like the way that they are booking ALL of his matches. He wins all his matches, that's okay, since he doesn't really bury anyone completely. But his matches are also very similar each time, like you mentioned. What I want to see is for Sheamus to end his matches differently, instead of doing the same routine. But expect him to keep doing this until he gets moved up to the world title picture.

Not a fan of face Sheamus.
His heel gimmick was injuring people and making them his bitch. Doesn't really work well for a face really. I enjoyed his feud vs Christian too hated all the endings because Christian didn't beat him once.
Shits boring, predictable and it annoys me that they're fucking up Christian too.

The Brown One
12-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Not a fan of face Sheamus.
His heel gimmick was injuring people and making them his bitch. Doesn't really work well for a face really. I enjoyed his feud vs Christian too hated all the endings because Christian didn't beat him once.
Shits boring, predictable and it annoys me that they're fucking up Christian too.

Well they could be hinting at making Sheamus one of the posterboys. It's gonna suck if they do that.

Zilvis
12-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Well they could be hinting at making Sheamus one of the posterboys. It's gonna suck if they do that.

We don't need another Super person running around, we already have SuperCena and SuperOrton running around.

VanHooliganX
12-21-2011, 11:34 PM

I don't see Sheamus ever being the next Cena/Rock/Hogan but he can be quite big.

It's quite funny. When Sheamus won his 1st 2 WWE Championship titles I thought it would destroy him similar to as Del Rio is being seen as rushed due to winning a shit ton of stuff in 2011, but it didn't luckily. Although for Del Rio I don't think thats possible :S

Hope i'm wrong though since I like watching Del Rios finisher.

The Brown One
12-21-2011, 11:49 PM
We don't need another Super person running around, we already have SuperCena and SuperOrton running around.

They haven't been as super in a while. Cenas been getting beaten in segments like with The Rock and Kane. And Orton lost to Barrett a couple of times in the past two months.

I don't see Sheamus ever being the next Cena/Rock/Hogan but he can be quite big.

It's quite funny. When Sheamus won his 1st 2 WWE Championship titles I thought it would destroy him similar to as Del Rio is being seen as rushed due to winning a shit ton of stuff in 2011, but it didn't luckily. Although for Del Rio I don't think thats possible :S

Hope i'm wrong though since I like watching Del Rios finisher.

To be honest, I see them grooming The Miz and Sheamus to take over when Cena and Orton retire. It can't be Punk because even he will retire soon enough + The Miz will likely be more loyal and won't mind doing so many media appearances - neither will Sheamus. Plus Sheamus is a big guy, which Vince loves.

Robstar
12-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Sheamus makes a good face and a good heel in my humble opinion. He could have a lengthy career as a flip flopper (not a tweener) but they need to make the most out of this face run. Lol, you don't want to piss off the Irish!

But I don't know, maybe give him a submission move? Also don't forget he has that mega backbreaker that always looks painful. Maybe add a suplex or three for him to do?

AreYaSerious
12-22-2011, 01:57 AM
He needs to be in a proper feud. That's whe he needs right now more then anything.

I agree that Sheamus should have a submission move. Maybe the Celtic Knot like Finlay did.

evilgenius780
12-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Sheamus makes a good face and a good heel in my humble opinion. He could have a lengthy career as a flip flopper (not a tweener) but they need to make the most out of this face run. Lol, you don't want to piss off the Irish!

But I don't know, maybe give him a submission move? Also don't forget he has that mega backbreaker that always looks painful. Maybe add a suplex or three for him to do?

I love that backbreaker! As a matter of fact, I love all of his signature moves, but I gotta agree, it seems like he has been booked in the same match over and over again. All in all he has done a lot better as a face then I ever expected him too

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 04:43 AM
While I liked him better as a heel, he has just enough edge to him to stay over as a baby face. You have to have a heel or bad ass edge to you to stay over with the modern audience.

Cabers
12-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Well i have seen Stephen Farrelly, Sheamus to all of ye wrestling in Ireland with Irish Whip Wrestling (PLUG) and being honest hes holding back in WWE, he was unbelievable in a ring doing a vast array of different moves but now he does admittedly use the same string of moves.

Shaz11
12-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Agree with @AreYaSerious!

Robstar
12-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Well i have seen Stephen Farrelly, Sheamus to all of ye wrestling in Ireland with Irish Whip Wrestling (PLUG) and being honest hes holding back in WWE, he was unbelievable in a ring doing a vast array of different moves but now he does admittedly use the same string of moves.

Nice to learn that. Seriously. I know he did the local British scene before the WWE. But it's WWE. The 'E is like Oprah. An unstoppable promotional Tour De Force that's gonna have you buying more merch than you really need, believing things that are patently not true and working you into a frenzy because some-dude-who-wore-a-mask-then-didn't-then-did-again returns.

Then there's a giftbasket under your seat! Then you're all getting facials at Oprah's spa of choice!!! (for her staff) Wait for it....you're all getting brand new SUV's!!!

Wait?! What?!?!

I reckon you have to watch WWE knowing someone's directing the whole thing and observe the timing and theatre. It makes up a large part of what's left of it

Mikeyboy7777777
12-22-2011, 07:41 AM
in wwe 12 i needed four fricking guys to beat down sheamus and orton on legend difficulty because every world heavyweight championship match against orton i killswitched orton 6 times on the outside i entered the ring and sheamus interfered costing me the match 5 times in a row if they can make him this annoying in the game why can't they make him heel again in the wwe?

The Brown One
12-22-2011, 08:33 AM
in wwe 12 i needed four fricking guys to beat down sheamus and orton on legend difficulty because every world heavyweight championship match against orton i killswitched orton 6 times on the outside i entered the ring and sheamus interfered costing me the match 5 times in a row if they can make him this annoying in the game why can't they make him heel again in the wwe?

At first I found this funny...then I realized Cena is even worse in the game! It took me hours to beat that bastard.

malvec
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
He needs to be in a proper feud. That's whe he needs right now more then anything.

I agree that Sheamus should have a submission move. Maybe the Celtic Knot like Finlay did.
You are correct sir, on both accounts. He needs a believable feud other than jender mahaillywhateverhisnameis. To lazy to look up his name ;) He need a feud that pushes him to the limit. One that you don't know if he's going to win or lose. Mr.Clay would be a great opponent to start a feud and build both characters at the same time.

Bennyladd1
12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
i agree , i think Sheamus is great, i loved him as a heel. Ever since hes become a lot more boring, although its the case with quite a few faces, as others have said he needs a good feud and needs to bring in some intensity instead of kissing up to the fans and...hornswoggle.

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 02:50 PM
best thing about Sheamus is that he actually stands out. One of the complaints I hear from old school fans is how all the wrestlers have the same look.

Mizfit
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I hate sheamus so much.

1) His pale skin makes him look ill
2) I dont think I have ever seen him put on a 'classic match' with anybody
3) he ruined the king of the ring gimmick (granted this was because of creative but still)
4) his irish folklore type promos are just crap
5) he is Irish, so I'm just waiting for them to pair him with swoggle and make them tag team champs
6) his facial hair just looks like someone shaved him in his sleep
7) he doesnt actually wrestle he just puches and kicks as if he was fighting in the street, seriously if cena and orton only use 5 moves then their better than this guy has has 3, The Irish curse back breaker, the high cross and the brouge kick

The one thing I'll give him is that his Brouge kics looks deadly, but when ever they show replays he litterally does boot them in the face, I'm honestly suprised nobody has been injured by this guy.

Murphdogg4
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I hate sheamus so much.

1) His pale skin makes him look ill
2) I dont think I have ever seen him put on a 'classic match' with anybody
3) he ruined the king of the ring gimmick (granted this was because of creative but still)
4) his irish folklore type promos are just crap
5) he is Irish, so I'm just waiting for them to pair him with swoggle and make them tag team champs
6) his facial hair just looks like someone shaved him in his sleep
7) he doesnt actually wrestle he just puches and kicks as if he was fighting in the street, seriously if cena and orton only use 5 moves then their better than this guy has has 3, The Irish curse back breaker, the high cross and the brouge kick

The one thing I'll give him is that his Brouge kics looks deadly, but when ever they show replays he litterally does boot them in the face, I'm honestly suprised nobody has been injured by this guy.

just because a move looks stiff doesn't mean it is stiff, Like rhyno's spear looks like it would kill someone and wrestlers have said he does it so well it does not hurt at all. You need power wrestlers like Sheamus, it would be boring if everyone was a technical wrestler.

Asherdelampyr
12-23-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poZbHRxuUFQ
He needs to bring some more of his FCW moveset in with him, the man is amazing, especially for his size.

also imagine the reaction from that springboard neck breaker

Cabers
12-23-2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poZbHRxuUFQ
He needs to bring some more of his FCW moveset in with him, the man is amazing, especially for his size.

also imagine the reaction from that springboard neck breaker

@Robstar that video only begins to show what he can do in the ring. I miss the "fiery red hand" Sheamus O'Shaughnessy.

BlazersDozen
12-23-2011, 12:32 PM
I liked Sheamus at first but WWE have shit on him. I liked his face turn at first but now it just sucks. I turn the channel when he has a match because I know what's going to happen and usually its against some undercarder or a surprise match.

Thank you WWE for ruining one of my favorites t(-_-)t

The Hit Man
12-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I think ever since Christian got injured, they've been struggling to find something for Sheamus to do and have just ended up putting him in random matches just to make sure he gets TV time. Judging by the way he's beeing booked, creative were probably going to extend his feud with Christian beyond Surviour Series.

I having a feeling Sheamus may win the Royal Rumble and there just trying to make him look stong going into the match to make sure it's believeable if he wins it. It'd be good if they could make something more out of his mini feud with Swagger up unitl the Rumble.

Automatic
12-23-2011, 06:44 PM
If wins and losses mattered, Sheamus would be the number 1 guy in the company, or 2nd behind Henry.