PDA

View Full Version : Randy being generous to future stars

jelle1809
12-21-2011, 06:00 AM
From Bleacherreport:

"We just came out of a huge pay-per-view event on Sunday that was highlighted by a new United States and World Heavyweight Champion.

Congrats to both Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan on their victories. You each received a great present this year, gentlemen.

Speaking of giving, have you noticed how much Randy Orton has changed over the last few months?

I am referring to his character putting people over in order to advance things further. It quite essentially changed the face of Friday nights over on SmackDown and for that reason, many feel the blue brand to be of better quality.

What do you think folks? 'Tis the season to be jolly and giving or has The Viper listened to enough comments on how he is depicted as a whiner and ingrate who never help anyone else but himself?

I want to think it is a little of both.

More precisely, Randy Orton plays a great character and I am definitely a fan of his. He has this business in his blood so it is in his best interest to see that it succeeds far better than it has so far. He is only 31 years old and has already accomplished so much, imagine all the experience he could share with others.

I've seen my share of videos showing Randy Orton acting like a totally "not nice person" for lack of more appropriate words and I've got to say it did affect what I thought about him. Yes, some people do arts and crafts and others judge, sorry.

The WWE Superstars and Divas play a role and sometimes people assume they are the same in real life which can lead to criticism and even verbal abuse.

Being at the top of the food chain in the company, the Apex Predator must have been alerted to these critics and decided to do something about it.

Rather than playing into their hands, he used his intelligence, calmed himself down and added a dose of humility to his rather large self. That's great news for everyone. You do see he has a human side when you watch his DVD. It was a good buy for Orton fans.

There is a saying:

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Randy Orton started at the bottom and ended up making it to the top because he is smart, dedicated and talented. There is also the fact that he was given some opportunities and capitalized on them.

2011 was the time to return the favor. Ask Christian, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes and more recently, Wade Barrett.

All profited off a program with the Viper and it made them even more accomplished stars than they already were. There was even World Heavyweight championships in some cases here. Patience is a virtue and for Orton, some other great things have yet to come.

He bides his time, lets others shine and gets to amass some good karma in the process. Allowing others to be exposed rather than him will be better for everyone in the long run so what's a few less main event matches?

Watch for him to battle Daniel Bryan down the road, not bad planning if you ask me. His generosity will have paid off and it will have landed him another title match. I've said it before, he is 31 and there are years left in his career, provided he does not injury himself too much.

Anything CAN happen in the WWE.

Even Randy Orton silencing some vile critics and winning us over because he is a nice guy."

Thoughts?

Yano88
12-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Yeah... he definetely put over Christian by taking his world championship a day after Christian won it and by making him look like an idiot in their feud....

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Randy Orton really doesn't have much left to accomplish in the big leagues. You also get bigger checks if you are a huge talent taking a loss. So there are an endless amount of other reasons for Randy Orton's willingness. The guy is only 31 years old so I highly doubt that age could be a factor. Either way I am just glad that Orton is taking losses. His super status is certainly becoming blurred.

Tommy Thunder
12-21-2011, 06:31 AM
I only wish that WWE would have let Barrett go over Orton in their feud. That would have done wonders for Barrett's career.
Although from reports, that feud is continuing. We'll see.

Cabers
12-21-2011, 06:38 AM
I only wish that WWE would have let Barrett go over Orton in their feud. That would have done wonders for Barrett's career.
Although from reports, that feud is continuing. We'll see.

Ah that feud is definately going to continue after Barrett's beat down on raw it will definately continue maybe even all the way to WM.

Tommy Thunder
12-21-2011, 06:46 AM
Ah that feud is definately going to continue after Barrett's beat down on raw it will definately continue maybe even all the way to WM.

That's right, I totally forgot about that!
Barrett vs Orton at WM would be a great match to see for sure.

Chavo
12-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Read this and only have one response.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA

Randy Orton putting people over????

Steve Austin
12-21-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm a huge Orton fan but it has been nice to not see him win every match.

It's a shame Christian came out of the feud like he did, although he is in the main event scene (not while he's injured) they could of done it much better than making him to that weak. His matches with Orton are definitely match of the year candidates which is one of the good things coming from there feud.

jhf1601
12-21-2011, 08:44 AM
I know most of you dont like him, but the guy posting is right for the most part. With the exception of the Christian feud, I have been noticing a lot more losses, especially to younger talent or those in need of a credibility boost. A few to Zigs, Barret, and Henry are the most noted in my book. As most have mentioned on here, he is only 31. I'd like to think that this is him growing up and out of that crappy attitude that he is known for backstage, and is looking towards the future of the business now that his spot as a legend of the PG era is more or less guaranteed.

Glamour Girl
12-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Who says Randy's putting people over by choice? Last I checked wrestlers don't book their matches and while everyone knows he sure has a good ammount of influence to help determine his win/loss record maybe he's finally paying for all the years he's thrown people under the bus during his interviews. The guy's not so unlike his heel persona which is why he plays it so well and I doubt he's just trying to be a nice guy and help people out. Odds are he's getting payed more to lose or simply lost his good graces with Vince. And he put Christian over? I must've missed it lol.

SilverGhost
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Randy put Mizark over but that is about it.

I will be convinced if he puts Barrett over.

Danny92
12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
he's doing alot more for the younger talent than most of the other veterans, big show is a momentum killer and he has been about for nearly 14 years in wwe

Automatic
12-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Orton is getting a lot of goodwill lately until....

He wins the Rumble.

Then it will be: Orton won. Again? Fuck this company.

Blinker
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Orton is getting a lot of goodwill lately until....

He wins the Rumble.

Then it will be: Orton won. Again? Fuck this company.

I can honestly say my reaction would be close to that.

Automatic
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I can honestly say my reaction would be close to that.

Well start preparing yourself.

jelle1809
12-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Well my thread seems to get some mixed reactions

Steve Austin
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Well my thread seems to get some mixed reactions

Congratulations! Your thread is now John Cena!

wrestlingfan66513
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I only agree with Henry for now. Christian and Rhodes lost the feud and Rhodes is getting his character over himself and with Booker T.

Formica
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Randy will put people over and then come back and defeat them one-after-another thus climbing back to the top.

Zilvis
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Didn't Randy Orton kill off Christian and Cody Rhodes pushes, and if the Wade Barrett feud hadn't continued, then with the win at TLC, it probably would've killed his push too.

Rilla
12-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I think he helped put over Cody a little bit; he made Cody look like he could be a main-eventer, despite losing to Randy.

Chavo
12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
If Randy wants to really impress me with his "new attitude" or whatever garbage you want to call it, he will lose a feud clean and decisive

Amerinaine
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
If Randy wants to really impress me with his "new attitude" or whatever garbage you want to call it, he will lose a feud clean and decisive

Um, Mark Henry. That was clean, Decisive, and he got squashed in almost all those matches in that feud.

BlazersDozen
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Just because those guys lost fueds, doesn't mean Orton didn't put them over. Christian is debatable only because when he first got the World title, I didn't really see him ready to main event but once the Orton fued was going, then everyone excepted Christian as a main eventer for WWE. The other side of it is that Orton was booked to make Christian look extremely weak. Was this due to Christian's bitchy character or just because?

He definitly put over Rhodes. After their fued was when Rhodes looked bigger than the IC belt because he did have dominant matches over Orton. Maybe he didn't win, but he dominated the match.

I feel its the same thing for Barrett. I feel that after this fued, Barrett will be a top 2 or 3 heel in the company depending on any character changes.

People need to remember that heels don't win matches clean and really, rarely at all. The way they are put over by faces are by how they dominate a match and how much heat they can build while telling the story of the match, not just heat from working the microphone.

Chavo
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Um, Mark Henry. That was clean, Decisive, and he got squashed in almost all those matches in that feud.

Sorry, shouldve been more specific...was talking about helping younger guys

Tommy Thunder
12-21-2011, 12:39 PM
I will be convinced if he puts Barrett over.

^^^This^^^
If Barrett comes out on top in his feud with Orton, and having pinned him clean in the end, then I'll believe that we've turned a corner with Randy Orton.

SilverGhost
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
^^^This^^^
If Barrett comes out on top in his feud with Orton, and having pinned him clean in the end, then I'll believe that we've turned a corner with Randy Orton.

This is what I am worried about. I want it to be clean but knowing the WWE it would be some sort of #HEEL tactic.

Automatic
12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
^^^This^^^

He won't pin him clean, he's not the type of heel the WWE would do that for.

The Hit Man
12-21-2011, 01:14 PM
The question you have to ask yourself is did the wrestler seem like a bigger superstar after his feud with Orton than before.

When Christian won the World Title sure we were all happy he finally won the big one but was he really a capable World Champion? That is doubtful. Sure Orton got the upper hand on Christian throughout his feud but he was headlining multiple PPVs with COMPETITIVE matches against Orton. There were times in each of those matches where we thought Christian would win and he did get the win at MITB. You may argue that he didn't get the clean victory but the way he won the match fitted right in with his character and therefore made his character stronger and more believable - another way to get over with the crowd. Coming out of the feud, Christian added another World title to his name and also became a legitimate main eventer. So when Christian challenges for the title again we won't be saying is this guy really capable of taking the title? That in my book is Christian being put over.

Anyone who argues that Orton didn't put Henry is talking nonsense. Two clean victories in a row and looking dominant throughout - put over.

Yeh Rhodes may have never got a decisive victory over Orton but when he was feuding with him, he became a top name on the Smackdown roster and wasn't just regarded as the guy who's holding their mid card belt. He got a lot more TV time, made several beat downs on Orton and looked like a more than adequate foe to Orton.

Barrett may have got the loss at TLC but once again he looked strong throughout the match. Not to mention he has had a victory over him before and also defeated him at Survivour Series along with Rhodes in the match that Orton is known for being successful in. He also looked like he has the upper hand just now currently after what happened on Raw.

You don't necassarily have to beat Orton to get over. If everyone was beating Orton then eventually it wouldn't seem like a big achievement when you do beat him, that's why not everyone will get the win against him. Even just being recognised as Orton's rival will help your credability as long as you are competitive against him which all four men were. Another thing just because Orton put you over doesn't mean that's it done, you're now a star. The aftermath has to be done correctly. They need to maintain that credability they gained by feuding with Orton. Christian done that by going on a feud with another main eventer, Sheamus. Henry went on a lengthy WHC run and Rhodes looks like the IC title isn't going anywhere. Also Barrett looks like a bigger threat to the World title now than he did before feuding with Orton.

Jags
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Only thing I would disagree on is Christian, I think it was more Christian who made the best out of a bad situation than Orton being generous. Though he did a good job with Cody and Mark and I wonder where he'll go with Barrett. Barrett can still claim he has pinned Orton in a normal 1 on 1 match while Orton can't.

Shaz11
12-21-2011, 05:26 PM
The current feud with Barrett's looking very good!
I can see Orton winning the RR and then fighting D.Bryan at Wrestlemania where Orton could win, but if Bryan wins, it could be for sure that Orton has put him over

The Brown One
12-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Ortons not playing nice. It's just that the Smackdown writers are using him right. Instead of having him dominate the brand and be in the WHC picture for the whole year, they are using him to put over younger stars. You don't have to beat Orton be put over. Even being in the ring with him will make people pay more attention to you. Christian, Rhodes and Barrett were are successful before even getting in the ring with Orton, but they careers have gotten better since feuding with him. Barrett will likely be turned into a solid upper midcarder or even main eventer (given his size) thanks to Orton. He also surprisingly puts on good matches with whoever hes wrestled this year (except Mark Henry).

Giddy
12-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Its not Orton's choice, its the writers doing well. Its good, because he's notorious for burying wrestlers (Poor Kofi)

SilverGhost
12-21-2011, 11:24 PM
If Barrett does look good in the feud, I will be a happy camper.

I wish for a new theme for Barrett as well. I like his current theme but a new one to signify his push.

The Brown One
12-21-2011, 11:28 PM
If Barrett does look good in the feud, I will be a happy camper.

I wish for a new theme for Barrett as well. I like his current theme but a new one to signify his push.

Hopefully something that has nothing to do with Techno/Dubstep.

SilverGhost
12-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Hopefully something that has nothing to do with Techno/Dubstep.

I like the vocals, hate the some of the sounds.