PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Drew McIntyre to me.

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Some people seem to really rave about him. But I see him as very average. Average ability. Average move set. Average on the mic. Average looking. Average build.

Murphdogg4
12-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I feel the same about Cody Rhodes and Zack Ryder..I see far more potential in Wade Barrett and Sheamus then I do Drew, Cody or Ryder..

Steve Austin
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
I feel the same about Cody Rhodes and Zack Ryder..I see far more potential in Wade Barrett and Sheamus then I do Drew, Cody or Ryder..

Thats because Wade and Sheamus are established main eventers. It's hard to make that call until they've main-evented PPV's and had World Titles matches.

I don't get Drew either, but Cody and Zack have bright futures.

The Hit Man
12-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I disagree. I think he's very good. Good ability. Good move set. Good on the mic. Good look. Good build.

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I disagree. I think he's very good. Good ability. Good move set. Good on the mic. Good look. Good build.

So good. Just good. Not really good or very good or excellent or amazing. Just good. Like I said, aveeeeerrrrrrage.

SESAfro
12-20-2011, 06:32 PM
It's Drew McIntyre! How can you not get him? He's ferocious, cunning, awesome, cocky and the most important of all, Scottish. Future world champion. THE GREAT AMERICAN NIGHTMARE! Drew McIntyre!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-20-2011, 06:34 PM
This explains him:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_McIntyre

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 06:37 PM
It's Drew McIntyre! How can you not get him? He's ferocious, cunning, awesome, cocky and the most important of all, Scottish. Future world champion. THE GREAT AMERICAN NIGHTMARE! Drew McIntyre!

He'll never get above IC.

Murphdogg4
12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I do put Drew ahead of Ryder and Cody though. Cody's promo's to me come off like hes reading from a script..which he is but ya got to seem like your not. Cody has great in ring skills though. Zack while his youtube skits were money is a comedy act, and comedy acts in general have never drawn money.

The Hit Man
12-20-2011, 06:41 PM
So good. Just good. Not really good or very good or excellent or amazing. Just good. Like I said, aveeeeerrrrrrage.

I did say he's very good at the start. He's a good all rounder. Nothing stands out but he can do a good job and has the potential to be a big time player. There's a difference between being good and average.

SESAfro
12-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I'll accept your wager. You'll see. One day, one day.

Automatic
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Drew is a good worker. I like that.

Murphdogg4
12-20-2011, 06:48 PM
One thing about wrestling you never know if someone will get over with a new gimmick..When Steve Austin was in WCW I remember thinking whie he was good in the ring he didn't have enough charisma to ever become a main eventer..I was a smidge off on that call..

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Of course he's an average "superstar" overall, that's why he's currently wrestling on Superstars at this point.

The great thing about McIntyre is that he shows tons of potential for improvement, can work a match with practically anyone, and has a tremendous grasp of ring psychology for a guy who's only in his mid 20's.

Look what you judged him by though - looks, move set (HAH), build and mic skills. Pretty much the stupidest criteria ever. Are you trolling?

Automatic
12-20-2011, 06:54 PM
The great thing about McIntyre is that he shows tons of potential for improvement, can work a match with practically anyone, and has a tremendous grasp of ring psychology for a guy who's only in his mid 20's.

This is so true, the guy is a very good psychologist.

The Brown One
12-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Sometimes people think highly of talent that aren't as good as people make them out to be - Zack Ryder and Drew are perfect examples. Its funny when people say they should be pushed to the WWE title, when they're wrestling on Superstars. One thing at a time.

Murphdogg4
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Of course he's an average "superstar" overall, that's why he's currently wrestling on Superstars at this point.

Look what you judged him by though - looks, move set (HAH), build and mic skills. Pretty much the stupidest criteria ever. Are you trolling?

LOl did you read his nic before asking this?

Van-Wilder
12-20-2011, 07:44 PM
For anyone doubting Drew's potential star power, go watch last years elimination chamber match with him in it. Also watch the money in the bank match (i think it's the one Kane won). He really impressed me in both those matches. He's shown enough to me to suggest he could be the next Triple H - like heel. (Yeah, I said it.)

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM

Selective quote and quote reordering failure. Original statement:

"Average ability. Average move set. Average on the mic. Average looking. Average build."

Are YOU trolling????

Rilla
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM
For anyone doubting Drew's potential star power, go watch last years elimination chamber match with him in it.

This. He had a monster performance in the EC.

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Sometimes people think highly of talent that aren't as good as people make them out to be - Zack Ryder and Drew are perfect examples. Its funny when people say they should be pushed to the WWE title, when they're wrestling on Superstars. One thing at a time.

Exactly. I just don't see anything that is stand out about Drew. Nothing at all.

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Selective quote and quote reordering failure. Original statement:

"Average ability. Average move set. Average on the mic. Average looking. Average build."

Are YOU trolling????

Oh, just fuck off already.

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
This. He had a monster performance in the EC.

One PPV. One. That is all. Every dog has his day.

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh, just fuck off already.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv6lufrzbn1r11q6lo1_400.gif

CobraNightviper
12-20-2011, 08:13 PM
I didn't really see anything in Ryder move wise but look at him now I guess it goes to show the Hogan rule still aplies today(all charisma and not that great in the ring)I haven't really watched enough superstars yet to tell about Drew though.

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I didn't really see anything in Ryder move wise but look at him now I guess it goes to show the Hogan rule still aplies today(all charisma and not that great in the ring)I haven't really watched enough superstars yet to tell about Drew though.

But you see Ryder has charisma. Drew has very little.

twoot2
12-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I remember when Drew first came in Vince said he was going to be a future world champion now were is he..nowhere to be seen

CMRyder
12-20-2011, 08:33 PM

Good>Aveeeeeerrrage Ya know that right?

SESAfro
12-20-2011, 08:41 PM
But you see Ryder has charisma. Drew has very little.
I think the exact opposite.

The Brown One
12-20-2011, 08:48 PM
For anyone doubting Drew's potential star power, go watch last years elimination chamber match with him in it. Also watch the money in the bank match (i think it's the one Kane won). He really impressed me in both those matches. He's shown enough to me to suggest he could be the next Triple H - like heel. (Yeah, I said it.)

He did stand out in those matches. However, that's not good enough for him to get all this attention. His Smackdown run was his best WWE work IMO, and even that wasn't anything spectacular. But they should at least let him have matches regularly on the main shows instead of Superstars.

Bennyladd1
12-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Drew's awesome.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Drew's awesome.

I like this! Short and to the point! Barrett approves! :)

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Good>Aveeeeeerrrage Ya know that right?

You understand the meaning of average right? I see the roster as having wrestlers that are terrible, poor, good, great and then really great stand outs. So I see good as just the middle option. Where a large amount of the roster are. So that is the average section of the roster

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Drew's awesome.

Isn't that The Miz??

Wade Barrett 1979
12-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Isn't that The Miz??

I thought Miz was awful? Or is that just the Dubya Dubya E Youniverse??

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 09:45 PM
I thought Miz was awful? Or is that just the Dubya Dubya E Youniverse??

Or as Aksana would say EEEE Uniworse (double double E).

BlazersDozen
12-20-2011, 09:51 PM
He is the jack of all trades. Good at everything, great at nothing. So your opinion on him depends on whether you'd enjoy someone who is great at one thing and fails at another or good at everything but isn't a top guy in any department.

I feel like a guy who can do a bit of everything is more valuable than some one who has a major weakness. Look at Shelton Benjamin. He was a great wrestler and very atheltic but failed hard on the mic. If he had decent mic skills, he could've had a world title run but Vince couldn't get over the fact that Shelton couldn't work the mic.

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
He is the jack of all trades. Good at everything, great at nothing. So your opinion on him depends on whether you'd enjoy someone who is great at one thing and fails at another or good at everything but isn't a top guy in any department.

I feel like a guy who can do a bit of everything is more valuable than some one who has a major weakness. Look at Shelton Benjamin. He was a great wrestler and very atheltic but failed hard on the mic. If he had decent mic skills, he could've had a world title run but Vince couldn't get over the fact that Shelton couldn't work the mic.

So you also see him as average. Good all around, but not outstanding in any area.

*adds another to the list*

BlazersDozen
12-20-2011, 10:02 PM
So you also see him as average. Good all around, but not outstanding in any area.

*adds another to the list*

Yeah. I think he could add a lot to the IC division since the US picture is pretty crowded but I agree, right now, he's not World Champion caliber.

The Expendable
12-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Drew McIntyre has the look, wrestling and mic skills to be a contender and to me more entertaining than Ryder or Ziggler

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Drew McIntyre has the look, wrestling and mic skills to be a contender and to me more entertaining than Ryder or Ziggler

But only at IC or US level. Oh and the Ziggler comment!!!!! RUNuts?

BlazersDozen
12-20-2011, 10:11 PM

You didn't watch TLC did you?

The Expendable
12-20-2011, 10:16 PM
You didn't watch TLC did you?

Yeah but I have never been huge fan of his like most of the people around here

BlazersDozen
12-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah but I have never been huge fan of his like most of the poeple around here

Ziggler or Ryder?

Took me awhile to warm up to Ziggler until I noticed he sells the hell out of everything & Ryder just works GREAT with Ziggler.

The Expendable
12-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Ziggler or Ryder?

Took me awhile to warm up to Ziggler until I noticed he sells the hell out of everything & Ryder just works GREAT with Ziggler.

Dolph Ziggler

Wrestlinfan608
12-20-2011, 11:06 PM
zack ryder and drew mcintyre both suck balls. People like them for some odd reason......

SESAfro
12-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Let's go Drew! Let's go Drew! Let's go Drew!

URATOOL
12-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Let Drew go! Let Drew go! Let Drew go!

Ok. I'm down with that.

SESAfro
12-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Ok. I'm down with that.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, that's cheating.

VanHooliganX
12-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Drews a good wrestler. Just a shit heel honestly.

OldSchoolHeel
12-21-2011, 12:36 AM
all one needs to do is watch last years elimination chamber. i dont know what is wrong with the wwe. drew is far superior in almost every regard to a lot of people they push.

Danny92
12-21-2011, 01:31 AM
even watch his match v justin gabriel last week his facial expressions and intensity are amazing, for those doubting his move set this is determined by the wwe not him but look at his matches v trent barretta to see there not all the same

OldSchoolHeel
12-21-2011, 04:44 AM
am I the only guy in the IWC who is not a fan of Cody Rhoades?

yes and not only that but this thread has nothing to do with him and theres no a in rhodes. :-)

Murphdogg4
12-21-2011, 04:46 AM
yes and not only that but this thread has nothing to do with him and theres no a in rhodes. :-)

I erased the message before you posted this fella

Bennyladd1
12-21-2011, 07:50 AM
even watch his match v justin gabriel last week his facial expressions and intensity are amazing, for those doubting his move set this is determined by the wwe not him but look at his matches v trent barretta to see there not all the same

Exactly, in my opinion he works the ring really well and uses it as a weapon, he's also become a lot more intense imo, time for his push.

Danny92
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Exactly, in my opinion he works the ring really well and uses it as a weapon, he's also become a lot more intense imo, time for his push.

not even a push is necessary, even the most basic of feuds would show what he can do, but like the last 2 years when wrestlemania comes around the majority of the younger stars are pushed to the wayside

Mikeyboy7777777
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
people said that about the miz with the united states championship too

Mikeyboy7777777
12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
loved him since i saw him feuding against sheamus with his empire tag partner wade barrett i just want to see mcintyre and sheamus feud or barrett and sheamus feud or a three way with mcintyre and barrett as heels. maybe put in regal as an extra face to give mcintyre and barrett more credibility

Mikeyboy7777777
12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
better idea yet ryder vs mcintyre feud hopefully:O