PDA

View Full Version : VKM Is At It Again!

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, I'm sitting here watching RAW from Monday night and I noticed... Only CM Punk and Daniel Bryan called Daniel Bryan the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. No one else did. As many people may know, when Rey Mysterio and anyone "small" takes that Championship, VKM decides to call it The World Championship. So stupid in my opinion. Is it technically justified considering they aren't really Heavyweights or does it demean them?

Automatic
12-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Does it really matter? He has the title.

HotCheetos
12-20-2011, 04:32 PM
I didn't notice that! It is called the world heavyweight championship. So whoever holds the title should be labeled as the world heavyweight champion.

The Brown One
12-20-2011, 04:42 PM
World Heavyweight Championship makes it sound more prestigious anyway - I'm all for it!

Cabers
12-20-2011, 04:43 PM
In fairness it should just be called the World Championship like in ROH. Doesn't really matter though he still has it (for now).

Tommy Thunder
12-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Vince flip flopping on what the title's called?
It's the World Heavyweight title. That's the official title, so there's no need to change that depending on who's the holder.

Immortal King
12-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Meh, they should just bring back the lightweight championship

1)Daniel isn't a heavyweight, yes yay he's champion. But he isn't a heavyweight
2)It'll just be easier, simpler and gives smaller people

SilverGhost
12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
World Heavyweight Championship>World Championship

Asherdelampyr
12-20-2011, 04:57 PM
I think the only reason that they have "Heavyweight" in the name is to lend it some prestige, seeing as how there isn't actually a heavyweight division and hasn't been for some time.

World Smackdown Champion, or Smackdown Title, just doesn't seem to feel right

MachoManFan
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
To be fair most boxing or MMA orginizations consider anything over 200lbs heavyweight and DB is about 210lbs. (Mysterio is on wikipedia as 175lbs) so I don't see an issue. I think if only he and punk refered to him as such it's because a) Cole is a tool and / or b) they already know he won't be champ for long.
What made me laugh was Zack Ryder the "United States Heavyweight Champion" according to Jerry Lawler.
In any case I'm just happy the gold in on deserving guys at the moment and we'll wait and see what happens next.

Irish Nature boy
12-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Its a valid point and add to that boxers who werent heavyweight have been heavyweight champ, roy jones was light middleweight but heavyweight champ, i dont see why mc mahon thinks anything less than 230lbs is a wimp

LMPunker
12-20-2011, 08:25 PM
i honestly didnt notice it and it i dont think it matters i think its so people dont think well he will get squashed by the likes of mark henry or big show its no big deal he is the world champion either wayso who gives a crap

Rilla
12-20-2011, 08:42 PM
I think World Champion sounds better, imo.

WHC - sounds like it should be heavyweights all the time, and no offense, Bryan doesn't look like a heavyweight.

WC - sounds more like the best in the WORLD, instead of just the best heavyweight.

For a possibly stupid comparison, but it crossed my mind so:

Best Cake Baker vs Best Baker

Actually..written it sounds stupid as well... should be good for laughs. xD