PDA

View Full Version : wrestling fans like wrestling or spots?

tnafanwwehater
12-19-2011, 02:02 PM
ok after last night i can honestly say it was a good ppv. which got me thinking. all of best wwe ppvs are gimmick ppvs. meaning there is weapons and stuff involved. are the days of watchin a 1v1 matt match over. people dont seem to care about the wrestling aspect of wrestling. everyone including ma self like the ppv because it had alot of spots but i dont remmeber one specific match that had me lik example henning vs bret hart. just 2 guys going at it and had me jumping of the edge of ma seat. thoughts?

Amerinaine
12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I can say not true. The last superb match I have seen was Cena v CM Punk for the WWE Title back at MITB. It was not a spot match. But they just don't happen as often any more.

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
If you have a match like Big Show vs Mark Henry you needs spots or else the public will be bored to death. I can enjoy good wrestling matches. I remember Ziggler vs D-bryan last year at a ppv

dtavares3467
12-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Not many wrestlers these days can make a 1v1 exciting

Blinker
12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
The last one I can remember was the Punk vs Cena at MITB. That was a really good match.

Not many wrestlers these days can make a 1v1 exciting

I think a number of them lack the ability to really put on a great match, but it also has to do with the WWE limiting their moveset. When they let Cena and Punk use more moves, it was exciting. It's not that we (the fans) don't appreciate the 1 vs 1 matches anymore, it's that we don't get to see a 1 vs 1 match that shows the wrestlers true skills.

** The Taker vs HBK mania matches were also amazing and there was no gimmicks used there.

PSOjedi
12-19-2011, 02:40 PM
CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio vs the Miz was the best match of last night TLC ppv, even if The Miz was complety in the shadow of Punk & Del Rio who made the match, and this match was far better than Cena vs Punk at MITB

Gazza010
12-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Cant say I agree, even though I think gimmick PPVs are necessary, you cannot beat a 1 v 1 match with even just a hint of quality.

Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder's match at TLC was the match of the night so the simple reason that it was a standard 1 v 1 match without anything but themselves involved.

We had proper wrestling with even offense on both sides, Ryder getting a top reaction from the crowd and Ziggler, who is the best seller in the WWE today!

The Expendable
12-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I really don't know because for weeks I've been reading posts against Alberto del Rio saying that he's boring and lacks of mic skill, but then Daniel Bryan wins the title and everybody is happy for a guy who is a great wrestler but is boring as hell and lacks of mic skill too. I don't know who but somebody said that people love him because he can WRESTLE a match something that Alberto can do also, I'm confused

dtavares3467
12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I really don't know because for weeks I've been reading posts against Alberto del Rio saying that he's boring and lacks of mic skill, but then Daniel Bryan wins the title and everybody is happy for a guy who is a great wrestler but is boring as hell and lacks of mic skill too. I don't know who but somebody said that people love him because he can WRESTLE a match something that Alberto can do also, I'm confused

I've been pretty vocal about not liking Del Rio OR Bryan lol

The Expendable
12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Yes and that's good man but some people bash del Rio and then give their support to Bryan that's where I'm confused

Amerinaine
12-19-2011, 03:05 PM

Or anyone else for that matter.

Anyways, It is very possible to have great 1v1 and not be a spot (Gimmick) match. Just don't get many of them. Actually come to think of it, the Fatal 4 Way between D Bry, Ziggles, Rhodes, and Ice Z on RAW about 3-4 weeks ago wasn't what I would consider a gimmick match and it was amazing.

Blinker
12-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Or anyone else for that matter.

Anyways, It is very possible to have great 1v1 and not be a spot (Gimmick) match. Just don't get many of them. Actually come to think of it, the Fatal 4 Way between D Bry, Ziggles, Rhodes, and Ice Z on RAW about 3-4 weeks ago wasn't what I would consider a gimmick match and it was amazing.

I wouldn't say it was amazing, but I really enjoyed it. The 4 used their speed and ability to make the match exciting.

Peter Kaymakcian
12-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I think that will change with CM Punk being WWE Champion and Daniel Bryan being World Heavyweight Champion. I think with champions who can actually wrestle this will change. Look at Christian vs Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship. They had great one on one matches because Christian can work a good match. Punk vs Ziggler was also very good as well. It all depends on who is in the match.

SESAfro
12-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes and that's good man but some people bash del Rio and then give their support to Bryan that's where I'm confused
Maybe that's because they have seen Bryan's ROH material and they fully support him no matter what. Del Rio came from Mexico and most people here have not seen anything from there. That's what I think at least.

Kerrastone
12-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I am not a big a fan of matches as I am of entertaining promos and rivalries but I prefer matches to be 1 on 1 with no stipulation and just a mat-wrestling match but if it makes sense in the rivalry then I prefer a stipulation such as if two people hate each other and just want to rip each other apart then I would hate the match to be just a 1 v 1 mat wrestling match. There needs to be a stipulation in them circumstances.

The Expendable
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Maybe that's because they have seen Bryan's ROH material and they fully support him no matter what. Del Rio came from Mexico and most people here have not seen anything from there. That's what I think at least.

You're right bro, I think that if you like or love something like wrestling you need to learn more, I'm from México and I've seen some Daniel Bryan matches on the internet because I like to know who I am watching

The Brown One
12-20-2011, 04:25 AM
You don't need weapons and spots to make a match good. Unless you're an ECW mark.
Most of the matches at TLC had gimmicks in them, and they were good matches, not just because of the gimmicks. Triple H's match was HORRIBLE though, and it was a ladder match. We've seen good wrestling matches this year, that didn't need any weapons to stand out:

*The Fatal 4 Way we saw a few weeks ago
*Zack Ryder vs Dolph Ziggler at TLC (Ryder actually had a good showing)
*Punk vs Cena
*Punk vs ADR
*Punk vs Ziggler
*Christian vs Orton
*Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio
*Tyson Kidd vs Trent Barretta (I don't usually watch Superstars, but the reports made me watch this one and it was great)
*Sheamus vs Orton
*Rhodes vs Orton
*Edge vs Ziggler
*Edge vs ADR
*Daniel Bryan vs Sin Cara
*Evan Bourne vs Daniel Bryan
*Punk vs Orton
*The Miz vs ADR vs Rey Mysterio
*Punk vs ADR vs The Miz
*Rhodes vs Daniel Bryan