PDA

View Full Version : WWE's plan

Steve Austin
12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
After CM Punk retained and we had Bryan and Ryder win titles I thought the WWE may have come up with a plan to boost their network.

With the network coming in 2012 the WWE wants as many people of all ages watching their product so there is more chance of buying the network and with the 18-30 year old or whatever it is looking like it has the least amount of fans currently interested I think the WWE had these title changes to get more from that age group watching.

So anyway, just a thought as to why I think the WWE decided to go with these 3 as title holders heading into 2012.

What do you guys think?

Blinker
12-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I can see what you're saying: Punk - Older fans, Bryan - Wrestling purist fans, Ryder - Younger/Social Media fans

That might be the underlying effect there are going for. I could also seeing it being the "CM effect". Punk did tweet "That change I've been talking about? Started." I think he's been putting the bug in the WWE's ear about who should "ring in" the new year. Like the people are saying, TLC was the IWC ppv. Who knows though.

Steve Austin
12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I can see what you're saying: Punk - Older fans, Bryan - Wrestling purist fans, Ryder - Younger/Social Media fans

That might be the underlying effect there are going for. I could also seeing it being the "CM effect". Punk did tweet "That change I've been talking about? Started." I think he's been putting the bug in the WWE's ear about who should "ring in" the new year. Like the people are saying, TLC was the IWC ppv. Who knows though.

Yeah that sounds like it happened, I should of went with that ;)

Shaz11
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
No wonder why Cena isn't WWE Champion!

The Brown One
12-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Damn dude, you make a point! If Punk has pull, he sure is using it well.

Asherdelampyr
12-20-2011, 09:58 AM
After CM Punk retained and we had Bryan and Ryder win titles I thought the WWE may have come up with a plan to boost their network.

With the network coming in 2012 the WWE wants as many people of all ages watching their product so there is more chance of buying the network and with the 18-30 year old or whatever it is looking like it has the least amount of fans currently interested I think the WWE had these title changes to get more from that age group watching.

So anyway, just a thought as to why I think the WWE decided to go with these 3 as title holders heading into 2012.

What do you guys think?

Either way it is very very interesting to see, but I think that you are probably correct

Steve Austin
12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Damn dude, you make a point! If Punk has pull, he sure is using it well.

Either way it is very very interesting to see, but I think that you are probably correct

And there I was doubting myself ;)

BlazersDozen
12-20-2011, 10:07 PM

And it was an awesome f'n ppv

The Expendable
12-21-2011, 12:39 AM
WHen I saw Bryan, Punk and Ryder with the titles I thought that some guy from the IWC was booking the PPV

HCollins-TNA1
12-21-2011, 12:41 AM

What do you guys think?

They have John Cena promote for the Pre-school kids....