PDA

View Full Version : McIntyre on the rise or too much to ask?

Wade Barrett 1979
12-19-2011, 10:06 AM
In the last week, Drew has won a match on Superstars, defeating Justin Gabriel and was also victorious against Riley in the TLC dark match!

So, is this the beginning of a turn around in McIntyre's fortunes? I know they weren't televised but at least he's picking up wins. Two on the spin is rare for McIntyre, as of late!

I hope it's a revival of sorts, I think there's potential with Drew!

strider91
12-19-2011, 10:11 AM
I sure as hell hope so. They need to push McIntyre. Maybe as a face on Raw?

Dr. Death
12-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I really hope so. Drew has more talent than some on the main rosters of RAW and SmackDown.

Broc
12-19-2011, 10:15 AM
I really hope so, but I wouldn't look to far into it though, I mean they might have just thrown him in to fill the card on superstars, and the TLC dark match, but it very well could be, so I'mk hoping we'll start seeing a lot more McIntyre on Raw.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-19-2011, 10:18 AM
I really hope so, but I wouldn't look to far into it though, I mean they might have just thrown him in to fill the card on superstars, and the TLC dark match, but it very well could be, so I'mk hoping we'll start seeing a lot more McIntyre on Raw.

Certainly not counting my chickens but I'm ever optimistic, when it comes to Drew!

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Chris Masters was also picking up wins. Now he's no-longer with the WWE. But I really hope that something happens with Drew. He has the look and the wrestling skills. I really hope that his punishment has come to an end.

MachoManFan
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
It's about time. McIntyre has paid for his mistake (albeit his ex's mistake) and taken his burial well. Considering how high Vince was on him to begin with and how well he fits the wwe superstar model he'll bounce back, hopefully this is the start of that.

steveorton
12-19-2011, 10:28 AM
As many of the posters has said he's great and winning even if it's not aired helps. For the past few months WWE has be answering some of the IWC's plead I mean Ryder, Punk and Bryan are all Champs and Ziggler, Rhodes and Barrett are all being pushed, tag team division I know is not perfect but is becoming more relevant again and Beth is divas champ. So hopefully Drew will once again be chosen.

Automatic
12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
He apparently has served his time.

steveorton
12-19-2011, 10:32 AM
It's about time. McIntyre has paid for his mistake (albeit his ex's mistake) and taken his burial well. Considering how high Vince was on him to begin with and how well he fits the wwe superstar model he'll bounce back, hopefully this is the start of that.

What was Drew's mistake?

He married a diva, I mean Tiffany. When she was released he didn't do anything that I have heard off to upset anyone. The guy didn't even speak out on the situation so I don't understand why the WWE would derail his push imo. If you look at Morrison we knew why he was fired, one of the reasons: Treating Trish badly and imo Trish>Morrison.

Broc
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Certainly not counting my chickens but I'm ever optimistic, when it comes to Drew!

maybe him and Brittani Knight could form a tag team someday :p

Wade Barrett 1979
12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
maybe him and Brittani Knight could form a tag team someday :p

Hell Yeah! That would be awesome! :D

MachoManFan
12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
What was Drew's mistake?

He married a diva, I mean Tiffany. When she was released he didn't do anything that I have heard off to upset anyone. The guy didn't even speak out on the situation so I don't understand why the WWE would derail his push imo. If you look at Morrison we knew why he was fired, one of the reasons: Treating Trish badly and imo Trish>Morrison.

Before Tiffany's release there was the domestic in the hotel that put them both in the dog house and ultimately got her released. That's what I meant, I probably could have worded my post better. But, you're right he hasn't spoken out about it and he's taken it well, which I why I think he's on the way back up.

Tommy Thunder
12-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Chris Masters was also picking up wins. Now he's no-longer with the WWE. But I really hope that something happens with Drew. He has the look and the wrestling skills. I really hope that his punishment has come to an end.

^^^This^^^

I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. Masters was on a 2 month winning streak on Superstars at one point. Next thing you know, they released him.
McIntyre has all the tools, let's just hope that we;ll see him on Raw soon. A feud with Ryder might not be a bad thing. Since Ziggler will likely move into the main event scene, who is there for Ryder to feud with? Swagger? Riley? McIntyre? Plenty of choice, but McIntyre vs Ryder would make for a good feud IMO.

SESAfro
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
The Great American Nightmare is back to terrorize the WWE. All hail King McIntyre!

Wrestlinfan608
12-19-2011, 12:03 PM
what is the obsession with Drew Mcintire? The guy isn't getting pushed for a reason people..... It's like if your from england its an automatic thing you must be obsessed with Drew Mcinwhatever

jimroo
12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
he's not english ,he's very scottish,probably the most scottish sounding person on tv

68wPayne
12-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I hope so. I have had my fingers crossed since he arrived, big fan of The Chosen One. BTW, interesting little video featuring Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett prior to WWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3Vv1L5ShE

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-19-2011, 01:09 PM
They should push both Riley and Drew

Bennyladd1
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
They should push both Riley and Drew

please push Mcintyre wwe! he deserves it

SESAfro
12-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I hope so. I have had my fingers crossed since he arrived, big fan of The Chosen One. BTW, interesting little video featuring Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett prior to WWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3Vv1L5ShE
LMAO. I'm dying over here. xD

It's so weird not seeing the massive tattoo on Wade's arm.

The Expendable
12-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Drew McIntyre should win the title from Bryan and then feud with Wade (I like to dream)

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-19-2011, 04:20 PM
please push Mcintyre wwe! he deserves itI'm not a WWE writer, it's a shame:(

Tommy Thunder
12-19-2011, 04:31 PM
what is the obsession with Drew Mcintire? The guy isn't getting pushed for a reason people..... It's like if your from england its an automatic thing you must be obsessed with Drew Mcinwhatever

Well first of all, he's Scottish, not English.
Secondly, if you can't see that McIntyre is an excellent wrestler, and has all the tools to be a top star, then you must be blind.

The Hit Man
12-19-2011, 04:33 PM
^^^This^^^

I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. Masters was on a 2 month winning streak on Superstars at one point. Next thing you know, they released him.
McIntyre has all the tools, let's just hope that we;ll see him on Raw soon. A feud with Ryder might not be a bad thing. Since Ziggler will likely move into the main event scene, who is there for Ryder to feud with? Swagger? Riley? McIntyre? Plenty of choice, but McIntyre vs Ryder would make for a good feud IMO.

The difference between Masters and McIntyre is that McIntrye has had some previous success whereas Masters in his second run with the company achieved nothing. Obviously it isn't a given that McIntyre will receive a push just because he's on a two match winning streak but couple that with his previous success and the fact that the U.S. Champion is now face, I'm hopeful that McIntyre's career is back on track!

The Brown One
12-20-2011, 03:58 AM
What's the harm in pushing Mcintryre right now? I mean, they pushed Del Rio to the moon as a main eventer, and hes still not that over with the crowd. The worst Mcintyre could do is get no reaction. But when he was on Smackdown, he was awesome. He got great heat and was a good wrestler. I want to see that side of Mcintyre again, against the mid carders on Raw.

OldSchoolHeel
12-21-2011, 12:44 AM
superstars was good this week. mcintyre and swagger both picked up wins.

Cabers
12-21-2011, 04:34 AM
Well first of all, he's Scottish, not English.
Secondly, if you can't see that McIntyre is an excellent wrestler, and has all the tools to be a top star, then you must be blind.

I salute you sir my point exactly. He is a great wrestler but he has been punished for an incident from his personal life seems to be over now though.