PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on the TLC ppv tonight?

Reichwulf
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Overall i really enjoyed it overall from the opening match to the end, and i have to say it was really one of if not the most entertaining ppvs overall the wwe has had this year.

D Byran heavyweight champion makes it all the more better too :D

capn-edu
12-18-2011, 10:55 PM
In my opinion, the best PPV I've seen,
key word here is I've seen
it make me shout and it was really unpredictable (list of spoilers coming through)
Everything was good
Punk's heroic match
Rhodes vs Booker dayum!
Ryder WO WO WO!!!
Tag team match which was heart warming
Show beats Henry and Dbryan cashes in!!!
Sheamus dominates, Orton wins not bad, HHH comes back woop woop!
we have an ok divas match

Best part NO CENA!?
AWSOME PPV without CENA!!!

Giddy
12-18-2011, 10:56 PM
I really enjoyed tonight! Ziggler-Ryder was great, Air Boom vs The Puerto Ricans was good, Orton-Barrett was great, what I saw of the divas match was ok, but I missed half of it so I really don't know, Triple H-Nash kind of dragged on, I saw the WMD of Show-Henry and thats it, Daniel Bryan winning the title had me marking the hell out, Rhodes-Booker was good, especially since Booker isn't a full time wrestler, and the TLC triple threat was great! Overall a great show!

cancron
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Great PPV. But dear god did K2 ever make it obvious that should shouldn't be in the rastlin business. That girl can't wrestle if he life depended on it. you could hear beth shouting instructions to her the whole match. she even screwed up the finish.

cancron
12-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Tonight was the night the IWC won.
Ryder US champ - Check
D Bryan WH Champ - Check
CM Punk WWE Champ - Check
No John Cena Run in -Check

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Tonight was the night the IWC won.
Ryder US champ - Check
D Bryan WH Champ - Check
CM Punk WWE Champ - Check
No John Cena Run in -Check

Exactly. If you looked a year back, this would have been our wish list.

Who needs script writers when we're here?

Giddy
12-18-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm impressed with Ricardo Rodriguez. He took the bump of the night!

Amerinaine
12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
I rather enjoyed the whole show. However, K2 was showing progress and than tonight she blew it. Britani Knight needs called up. She can play the Barbie Doll roll and still wrestle.

dtavares3467
12-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Probably one of the worst PPVs of the year to me, almost felt like watching RAW

nafeesgreat1
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
2nd best PPV of the year after MITB,

wwefan007
12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
you epically fail

Amerinaine
12-18-2011, 11:17 PM
The only other PPV I have seen was Wrestlmania, and I liked TLC better. It was the most unpredictable show I've seen.

Royce
12-18-2011, 11:18 PM
great ppv overall!!! I would agree in saying it was the best ppv of the year except for money in the bank.... i really hope they are planning on making bryan a heel... cause as much as i was excited to see him win it, i really felt bad for big show... i assume thats what they were going for.... my wife almost cried when she saw the look on his face...

Giddy
12-18-2011, 11:18 PM
And here's Debbie Downer to come and ruin everyones mood...

Amerinaine
12-18-2011, 11:19 PM
you epically fail

Agreed. I'm sure he is a fan of John Cena. Nothing wrong with that, but.......

Wrestlinfan608
12-18-2011, 11:19 PM
In my opinion it was not that great of a PPV. The Barrett vs Orton match was good, the Main Event was good...

Rhodes vs Booker T didn't have the effect it should have because for some reason WWE chose to have Booker come out earlier and get jumped which made absolutely no sense to me. Nash Vs HHH was an atrocious match. Nash was moving incredibly slow, it was not good at all. Henry Vs Big Show for the 3rd time in 3 PPVs I mean what can you expect from it then have show win for some reason then lose the title to Bryan? Why not have Henry win and then have Bryan come out and win the title over henry? MAKES NO SENSE. The diva's match sucked like usual, and the Tag Team Match was OK but nothing really spectacular at all.

Not that great of a PPV people lol standards have fallen so far.....

Dubs
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
you epically fail
Hes entitled to his opinion.

CMRyder
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Great PPV. But dear god did K2 ever make it obvious that should shouldn't be in the rastlin business. That girl can't wrestle if he life depended on it. you could hear beth shouting instructions to her the whole match. she even screwed up the finish.

Stop hating on Kelly Kelly. Old shit. The Divas match entertained me actually. And the PPV overall was good. Not MITB good. Maybe the 3rd best PPV this year.

dtavares3467
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
And here's Debbie Downer to come and ruin everyones mood...

lol it was boring as fuck, just saying it might as well have been RAW

Giddy
12-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah, you're entitled to your opinion. Sorry for sounding like such a dick. I enjoyed it though

Amerinaine
12-18-2011, 11:22 PM

RAW as of late Dreams of being that good. Hell, it dreams of being as good as Tribute to the Troops was. Now, WM this year should have been a RAW

Quote of the Year came from this PPV, it is in my sig. Yes, King really did say that.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-18-2011, 11:24 PM
It's up there in the top echelon of PPV's this year.

But I can understand why some people would have their reservations:

1. The WWE title match wasn't overly amazing. Rodriguez's fall made it...
2. I felt bad for the Big Show, but I'll see what transpires in the coming week
3. K2 gets a title shot for slapping Beth at the Slammy's?
4. Sheamus/ Swagger was basically a Raw time -filler

BASICALLY it was MITB mark 2.

Some people will appreciate that, some others wont.

I found it above average, although I think the WWE needs to reconsider having MITB and TLC as two separate PPVs

dtavares3467
12-18-2011, 11:25 PM
meh I was watching it for Kane, and no kane = boring to me

too many of the wrestlers these days are generic to me I don't know why

moondog rex
12-18-2011, 11:25 PM
I have no clue what you clowns that love Daniel Bryant see. Sure he is one of the better wrestlers in the ring, but since when does that matter. He is pathetic beyond that. No personality, boring, scrawny, and actually comes across like he has a learning disability. Is he related to Eugene? The WWE wishes they never had him win MITB. Huge blunder and they know it. I was waiting for them just to ignor it. Wouldn't be a first (Raw GM, ect...) What a waste of time it will be until they figure out how and who he is going to lose it to. What a joke of a world champ they now have.

SilverGhost
12-18-2011, 11:26 PM
It was a great PPV. Though I will admit that it was going down at first but it went better at the end.

Ryder wins
Bryan wins
Punk wins
IWC is happy

Royce
12-18-2011, 11:27 PM
well this thread is officially filled with trolls now.... onto the next i suppose...

SilverGhost
12-18-2011, 11:27 PM
I have no clue what you clowns that love Daniel Bryant see. Sure he is one of the better wrestlers in the ring, but since when does that matter. He is pathetic beyond that. No personality, boring, scrawny, and actually comes across like he has a learning disability. Is he related to Eugene? The WWE wishes they never had him win MITB. Huge blunder and they know it. I was waiting for them just to ignor it. Wouldn't be a first (Raw GM, ect...) What a waste of time it will be until they figure out how and who he is going to lose it to. What a joke of a world champ they now have.

Ever watched ROH?

Giddy
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Since when does wrestling matter? Well you see, he works for a WRESTLING company...

Giddy
12-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Is that you Michael Cole?

Krysys
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM

Wow... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this is yours.

Mine is that your a troll..

Giddy
12-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Wow... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this is yours.

Mine is that your a troll..
It's actually this man:
http://www.wrestling18.com/images/02/michael_cole_lost_it__by_killerofhell-d33mp0c.jpg

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-18-2011, 11:38 PM

My opinion...

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2255484&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/2255484/man-hits-wall.html)

AreYaSerious
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM
2 former ROH Champions are both the main champion of each brand. Talk about great!

Dr. Death
12-19-2011, 12:44 AM
It was alright, with a few surprises. But it was far from being great.

Dr. Death
12-19-2011, 12:47 AM

The same could be said about you as a poster. Just my opinion of course.

the wrestling shade
12-19-2011, 01:14 AM

I'm realy dont care with your liking or disliking him... All I ask is that you give the guy his fucking respect for what he did for the bussiness!!! and you relate him to Eugene?!?! huh! what a joke! you know what, go fuck yourself (if your deck is long enough)

The Expendable
12-19-2011, 01:18 AM
By far one of the best PPV's in 2011

Dr. Death
12-19-2011, 02:20 AM
You must not have seen very many of the PPVs then. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't great neither.

strider91
12-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Solid PPV.
I think this is the first time in 6 years that Cena was NOT in the main event at a PPV?

Wrestling Realist
12-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Ever watched ROH?

yep and has sucked since Tyler Black left like who really is going to believe a guy 2 inch 30 pound bigger than Rey Mysterio is a unbeatable world heavyweight champion in Davey Richards was epic back when both Bryan Danielson and cm punk and Joe and Nigel McGuinness were there, now it just joke no wonder every one is going to FCW to hopefully get to the WWE and Christoper Daniels rather job in TNA than be a player in ROH

but as for TLC best all round PPV in WWE from first match to last, Awesome that Richardo Rodriguez took the biggest bump of the night

SkilletBoi
12-19-2011, 09:02 AM

Thank goodness. It was just me who could hear Beth's Instructions to K2..

Dr. Death
12-19-2011, 10:10 AM
yep and has sucked since Tyler Black left like who really is going to believe a guy 2 inch 30 pound bigger than Rey Mysterio is a unbeatable world heavyweight champion in Davey Richards was epic back when both Bryan Danielson and cm punk and Joe and Nigel McGuinness were there, now it just joke no wonder every one is going to FCW to hopefully get to the WWE and Christoper Daniels rather job in TNA than be a player in ROH

but as for TLC best all round PPV in WWE from first match to last, Awesome that Richardo Rodriguez took the biggest bump of the night

I rate the TLC PPV at about 2-1/2 stars out of 5. It definitely needed some help. Read this for more of my breakdown of the PPV.
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?11874-TLC-PPV-Results-and-Ratings

MachoManFan
12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
At the risk of being flamed to death, what TLC needed was John Cena.
....Wait! before you react. We all saw Kane return and choke slam Cena on raw and it was cool so instead of having Sheamus vs Swagger (or Nash vs HHH (I'll come back to this)) Cena vs Kane would have been more entertaining in my opinion.
That said, I really enjoyed most of the show. I fully marked out to Ryder's dad and The Big O after he won and Daniel Bryan's cash in was interesting, even if i did spoil it for myself. The main event was good, better than I expected, and Ricardo's bump was bump of the night.
The only real downside was Nash and HHH. This whole feud has be boring and left me cold so I watched on fast forward and don't feel I missed anything.

Oh, and Barrett setting up to wasteland Orton off the apron through at table had me out of my chair. He HAS TO pull that off one time it would be awesome.

The Brown One
12-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Great PPV, and likely the 2nd best of the year!
BUT I don't know why this hasn't been discussed more: Nash vs Triple H was HORRIBLE. I'm not just saying that because it's cool to pick on Nash for being old and washed up. The match itself was boring, even with the tons of weapon spots we saw and there wasn't much wrestling in the match. When Nash went for the Jackknife through the table, I seriously thought his knees were gonna give way. He shouldn't have wrestled, and that just proved it. Commentary just tried to play that off, as Triple H injuring Nash' knees. The first Pedigree attempt was also botched, thanks to Nash and his knees. Hopefully this is the last we'll see of Nash in the ring.

Cabers
12-21-2011, 08:12 AM
The best PPV of the year from 'E without a doubt the triple threat TLC match was a winner for me.

wwe=awesome
12-21-2011, 06:40 PM
honestly daniel bryan has no character and is rather boring to me. i mean i understand he's great in the ring but that only gets you so far AKA john morrison, william regal etc... i feel like smackdown has a handful of better champions than bryan, its great for daniel but he needs a new gimmick of some sort because he will be a temporary champion if not. i am happy for him, i just hope he shows me more '