PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong Il is dead

IrkenInvader
12-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Kim Jong Il dead (http://www.smh.com.au/world/kim-jong-il-dead-20111219-1p1sk.html?skin=text-only)

Date: December 19 2011

Kim Jong Il, the second-generation North Korean dictator who defied global condemnation to build nuclear weapons while his people starved, has died, Yonhap News reported.

He is believed to have been 70 years old, although North Korean official records said he was 69 years old.

The news came in a radio broadcast at noon local time, Yonhap reported, citing North Korea's official media.

The veteran leader died on December 17 at 8.30am, a weeping announcer said, Agence France-Presse reported.

The state television announcer said Kim died of fatigue while on a train, the BBC reported.

Kim probably had a stroke in August 2008 and may have also contracted pancreatic cancer, according to South Korean news reports.

Bodom
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Well there goes any chance for a Team America: World Police sequel.

IrkenInvader
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM
@NotTripleH (https://twitter.com/#!/NotTripleH)
Fun fact: Lou Thesz won the World title on the night Hitler killed himself. #DanielBryan. #KimJong. #Christian. #BinLaden. #IWC. #Dictators.

zapphoman
12-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Well there goes any chance for a Team America: World Police sequel.

BAZINGA!!! Hopefully part of one of The Whos song won't hold true in this situation.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
I heard he killed himself because he was so very wonely...

Necroyeti
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
:( R.I.P. you legend x x x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87bcPisyTHs

SHINE ON U CRAZY DIAMOND

http://i.imgur.com/T0dro.jpg

Super Kicked
12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
I guess the huge sunglasses business in NK is going to go in the tank.

VanHooliganX
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Best in the world and WWE Championship trending with Ray Lewis and Kim Jong Il?

Clearly celebrity deathmatch has returned!

Reichwulf
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Best in the world and WWE Championship trending with Ray Lewis and Kim Jong Il?

Clearly celebrity deathmatch has returned!

Lol i wish :p then steve austin could be guest ref :D

Sully
12-18-2011, 11:35 PM
So, this can either be very good...or very bad.

IrkenInvader
12-18-2011, 11:38 PM
So, this can either be very good...or very bad.

I don't know how to take it. Better the Devil you know and all that.......

Iron Ape
12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXNJMP8ir4&feature=player_detailpage

Good night, sweet prince.

SilverGhost
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Damn....back then Osama died while we watched a PPV and now a dictator died tonight.

I'm scared...

Iron Ape
12-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Oh, yeah. This shit always cracked me up:

What happens if you spend too much of your free time gaming? Well, if you're the son of a dictator, then it might mean you'll be passed over when it comes time to announce a new leader. If you use the internet, watch TV, read newspapers, or talk to people, then you've heard about the Wikileaks cables, and the current controversy surrounding its primary spokesperson, Julian Assange.

Secret US documents, including internal notes about foreign diplomats, have been released to the world by the whistle-blowing organization. Many of them reveal what the US believes makes world leaders tick, and how to best approach them. In the case of Kim Jong-il, we discovered one of the possible reasons he didn't choose his second-youngest son to take his position.

The oldest son was "too much of a playboy," according to the leaked document, which was written in 2008 by a member of the US consulate in Shanghai. In the case of the middle child, however, the noted problem was quite different. Kim Jong-chol was said to be "more interested in videogames" than the governance of his home country. He must be a WoW addict.

Doesn't everyone know that videogames are the best training tool when it comes to running a nation? If Jong-chol had a copy of Civilization V, maybe he'd discover that being an undiplomatic god-ruler isn't necessarily the best way to go. Oh, right, that probably wouldn't help his chances either. Anyway, the youngest of the three sons, Kim Jong-un has become the heir apparent since the document was written.

Meanwhile, Wikileaks is under heavy fire from Hyrule (http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/news/wikileaks-hyrule-fearful-of-mushroom-kingdoms-costume-arms-race/a-20101130134031605024/g-20091201161918195055) for leaking documents which suggest an arms race with the Mushroom Kingdom. That's totally true.

Sully
12-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Damn....back then Osama died while we watched a PPV and now a dictator died tonight.

I'm scared...

The Survivor Finale always happens when WWE PPVs are on too...but you're right, it's really weird.

Although the reaction after the Osama Bin Laden death was, in my opinion, very... immature. I just feel like most of the people obnoxiously celebrating, didn't have much of a say on how anything with Bin Laden went down.

Considering there isn't much of a celebratory reaction with Kim Jong's death, at least as of right now, I'm not as offended. I can't exactly say offended, I wasn't offended at the reactions...I'm not related to Bin Laden or anything, I was just kind of surprised.

Plus Kim Jong II didn't die in the hands of our American Military. We did have issues with North Korea though, so these could either be greatly decreased, or severally worsened. Who's next in line? Will they be worse? Will this make North Korea weak to us, or even worse...China?

VanHooliganX
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
@NotTripleH (https://twitter.com/#!/NotTripleH)
Fun fact: Lou Thesz won the World title on the night Hitler killed himself. #DanielBryan. #KimJong. #Christian. #BinLaden. #IWC. #Dictators.

*points to quote*

Iron Ape
12-19-2011, 12:24 AM
The Survivor Finale always happens when WWE PPVs are on too...but you're right, it's really weird.

Although the reaction after the Osama Bin Laden death was, in my opinion, very... immature. I just feel like most of the people obnoxiously celebrating, didn't have much of a say on how anything with Bin Laden went down.

Considering there isn't much of a celebratory reaction with Kim Jong's death, at least as of right now, I'm not as offended. I can't exactly say offended, I wasn't offended at the reactions...I'm not related to Bin Laden or anything, I was just kind of surprised.

Plus Kim Jong II didn't die in the hands of our American Military. We did have issues with North Korea though, so these could either be greatly decreased, or severally worsened. Who's next in line? Will they be worse? Will this make North Korea weak to us, or even worse...China?
Yeah, we actually had a number of posters here acting as if Bin Laden's death was some kind of huge victory, not realizing that we gave him the very thing he was after, which was martyrdom. And the whole point of the 9/11 attacks was to instill fear into Americans, and until we stop violating people's civil rights at airports and repeal the Patriot Act, well, we still haven't really won shit. If anything, I'd argue quite the opposite; sending our sons and daughters over there by the fuckload to die under false pretenses was playing right into his hand.

HCollins-TNA1
12-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Now we have to worry about his crazy sons.....

HCollins-TNA1
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Yeah, we actually had a number of posters here acting as if Bin Laden's death was some kind of huge victory, not realizing that we gave him the very thing he was after, which was martyrdom. And the whole point of the 9/11 attacks was to instill fear into Americans, and until we stop violating people's civil rights at airports and repeal the Patriot Act, well, we still haven't really won shit. If anything, I'd argue quite the opposite; sending our sons and daughters over there by the fuckload to die under false pretenses was playing right into his hand.

Agree!!!!!!!

Iron Ape
12-19-2011, 12:56 AM
By the looks of it...

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/1010_du/8784697-1-eng-US/1010_DU_full_600.jpg

...butter will sort this situation out before he becomes a problem.

Iron Ape
12-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Agree!!!!!!!
High five! Much success!