PDA

View Full Version : If Cena its not on TLC maybe its because.....

S.e.s. Vermillion
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Hello im noob on this :P well thats the way i see it:
WWE its testing the buyrate of a ppv(TODAY TLC) to se how would be the buyrates if cena turn heel,and see if
cmpunk ,orton and other names can carry the company ,toughts?

Wade Barrett 1979
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not sure if that's the reason! WWE know this is likely to be a low buy rate PPV, plus Cena may be genuinely on a night off due to personal reasons!

S.e.s. Vermillion
12-18-2011, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=Wade Barrett 1979;352946] tought was going to be out due to story line of a hel turn

zz9pluralz
12-18-2011, 08:08 PM
I think it's partly that and the irony that creative have little for him right now, he doesn't fit in the championship picture (and they saw the horrors of the ratings when they had Cena go back on his agreements nigh-on every week in 2010), doesn't have enough time to build him into a separate feud and really would only fit in the US title match as special referee. Maybe they're also seeing how badly the buyrate will be without him. And of course, he's worked nonstop for a couple years now, he really needs a break to help heal injuries, physical and mental.

S.e.s. Vermillion
12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
wth......creative as nothing for cena ?
the end its near :((i mean end of the world)

Iron Ape
12-18-2011, 08:12 PM
That would suck if this is the show to test whether Punk can carry a PPV or not. Even though I've grown a bit tired of his post-pipe bomb shtick, I'd hate to see the direction of his push dictated by the results of a weakly built show.

zz9pluralz
12-18-2011, 08:20 PM
That would suck if this is the show to test whether Punk can carry a PPV or not. Even though I've grown a bit tired of his post-pipe bomb shtick, I'd hate to see the direction of his push dictated by the results of a weakly built show.

It's what I like to call the "Hogan" method: Miss some shows during a period you know will have low ratings, then return once the slump ends and claim it was you who grabs ratings.

S.e.s. Vermillion
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
@zz9plusalz your last words on the post reminds me a tweet of matt hardy looooong time ago : ¨ratings are up since me and my brother are on the same company ..just saying ¨ lol

MachoManFan
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
It's a sign of how stale WWE has become, and how super Super Cena has been, that faced with a PPV without him we're all thinking it's because they're testing something or he'll turn up. From what I've seen he really has something going on and isn't going to be at the event. For all anyone knows Cena might have asked not to be booked knowing he had personal issues.

Whatever the reason for Cena not being on the card I, for one, won't miss him and I don't think the PPV will suffer as a result. Buy rates are likely to suck because it's a week before Christmas but they would still suck even with Cena.

zz9pluralz
12-18-2011, 09:06 PM
@zz9plusalz your last words on the post reminds me a tweet of matt hardy looooong time ago : ¨ratings are up since me and my brother are on the same company ..just saying ¨ lol

Loads of wrestlers use that excuse to protect thier spot. Hogan did it so often in WCW it became a running joke, but any MEer with an ego trip does it. I don't think it's Cena himself doing it if this is the reason, it would be the higher ups at WWE trying to suck up that would be involved.

Royce
12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I think it will eventually be worked in for when he finally snaps... he gave up his ppv opportunity to ryder and the fans will still boo him... he can do no right.... and im sure he needs a break.... guy is a workaholic...