PDA

View Full Version : Cena/Ryder/TLC

Rilla
12-17-2011, 06:26 PM
*If this has been discussed, just merge it, I suppose*

As we all know, Cena gave up a title shot(WWE) for Ryder to have a US Title shot.

What do you folks think about this situation?

Is it good? Is it too little too late(Or as someone else put it *Baby Steps, which are not enough now)?

Also, as a sidenote; I read someone thinks Cena should win the WWE Title, and then basically job /twice/ two Ryder(One for the title, then Cena's rematch), what do you think about this as well.

Steve Austin
12-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't know what to think of Cena giving his title match up, I'm glad Ryder has a title match but unless they go somewhere with Cena/Ryder it just seemed pointless to do the whole thing.

Wait so someone thinks Cena should win the WWE Title from arguably the WWE'S best and most popular wrestler and then lose that title to Ryder in a squash match and then be squashed again in a rematch? What idiot said this?

They obviously love Ryder and hate Cena. It's a stupid idea!

Automatic
12-17-2011, 06:33 PM
You're a chump if you give away a WWE title shot, even if you already have won 10 championships, you're still a chump.
You are wrestling there to win the title, you don't give away a title shot for another guy to have an opportunity to have a shot at an other title.
Stupid psychology.

Rilla
12-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't know what to think of Cena giving his title match up, I'm glad Ryder has a title match but unless they go somewhere with Cena/Ryder it just seemed pointless to do the whole thing.

Wait so someone thinks Cena should win the WWE Title from arguably the WWE'S best and most popular wrestler and then lose that title to Ryder in a squash match and then be squashed again in a rematch? What idiot said this?

They obviously love Ryder and hate Cena. It's a stupid idea!

Pretty much. He said Cena giving up the shot wasn't enough, so I joked about Cena having the title then laying down for Ryder. Apparently, Ryder should beat him Clean, match and rematch.

And you have nooooooooooo idea.

You're a chump if you give away a WWE title shot, even if you already have won 10 championships, you're still a chump.
You are wrestling there to win the title, you don't give away a title shot for another guy to have an opportunity to have a shot at an other title.
Stupid psychology.

I slightly agree, I think it's good that he did. It's Cena, so he's probably got another few in him and it takes him out of the title picture. But I do see where you are coming from; most people would have kept that title shot.

RampantLion2010
12-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Cena relinquishing the title shot so Ryder could win the US Title was a win/win. It takes Cena out of the title picture, and gives, arguably, one of the most favored wrestlers in Zack Ryder, a chance at a title. The most selfless thing a superstar can do is give an up and coming star a chance to further get over. I applaud Cena for going this route, because, let's face it, it was probably HIS idea to make this angle happen. He's dealing with family problems right now (I'd bet it's his wife not wanting him on the road so much... but I don't know for sure), and he knew that stepping away for a little while was the right thing for him personally.

Love him or hate him, he's STILL the best thing going today. I honestly can't boo the man. You know who I CAN hate in the WWE? Kevin Nash. I will never like, and have never liked, Nash. Face or heel, he's a dick. Only wants the money, doesn't care about the fans. You can shit on Cena all you want, but he works hard for you people day in and day out. That kind of work ethic is what matters most in a world where people don't want to work, go Occupy city parks and streets, and waste our time and money. His character is stale, but God bless John Cena. He's the reason CM Punk and Zack Ryder are so over right now. It's a fact!

Chavo
Stupid psychology.

I agree but I understand why its happening. I think with Ryder being "over" atm, the powers that be are using that to get some goodwill towards Cena...."Hey look, this Cena guy we are booing is helping out this guy we like get his shot at a title, we should cheer him now"...while we are on the topic, this whole no one gives a shot to Ryder is complete shit. Hasnt he had a title match vs Ziggler at one of the recent PPV's?

TheEelDeal
The writing was stupid.

Cena has always been about the Title and nothing else... so writing this angle was stupid. If they wanted Ryder to have it he should've beaten Cena either clean or with interference. The other option was Ryder to be on top in the match, Ziggler interferes for Cena to win, then he gives it up straight - but even then its stupid.

And you cant have Cena losing now heading into the match with the Rock - unless you go all out and have him on a losing streak while he struggles with the crowd booing him leading to him snapping.

Automatic
12-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Actually, Ryder didn't even needed Cena's help, he had beaten Ziggler on his own plenty of times, so actually he should've earned a title shot on his own weeks ago. Add the fact that since WWE is so high on twitter and they had a twitter Slammy, they might as well could've given Ryder the title shot based on his twitter petition.

I've nothing against Cena, but I absolutely hate the fact that they, WWE creative, used him to relinquish his title shot for Ryder to create some goodwill for him. Ryder didn't need it, Cena doesn't gain something from it, because he will be boo'ed no matter what, you can't erase 5 years of booking in a matter of a few months. They'll probably stop it right after his program with The Rock.

Rilla
12-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Ryder beating Cena, clean, I think would not have made any sense. Ryder going from virtual unknown to beating the top face, clean? Something their top folks(heels) couldn't do?

Miz, interfering, would have been good writing.

AOF666
12-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Sounds to me that Cena is selling out for trying to get people to cheer him. Back in August with the Punk feud, he said during one of his promos no matter what he does, he is not going to change their mind. Then he gives up his title shot for Ryder to get his. Outside of WWE it makes sense because of personal family problem. Unless WWE finds away not to screw this up, it will hurt his character.

Cabers
12-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Well knowing the writers of raw they probably realised shit yea cena isn't working at this ppv!! Solution just have him give up the title shot.