PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesners future

VanHooliganX
12-16-2011, 05:21 PM
So most of us probably know he is fighting in UFC 141.

My question to you is, What do you think the future holds for him?

Rematch with Cain? A fight for the title? Another bad tattoo?

Also where can you see him in 2-3 years time?

Robstar
12-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Strikeforce? lol ;)

From reading his book, Lesnar's self belief/ego is too huge for him to stop fighting until he collapses under the weight of his own self applied pressure. He'll be up there in the top 5 for the next few years, maybe even win the belt again and you know UFC aren't letting him get away without putting him up against Mir one more time

Automatic
12-17-2011, 05:31 PM
A KNEE IN THE FACE~~~~~~~~~

I hope.

After that I don't care, I wish him the best after that.

hankamania83
12-17-2011, 05:41 PM
I think he will get Dos Santos, if he wins on the 30th.... and if he doesn't get an early take down then he is getting knocked out. Then he will get another match with Mir, and he will destroy his face for a third time. Then I see another match up with Cain, or Carwin, where he could potentially get knocked out.

Brock is my favorite fighter, and I wish the best for his career.

Kenny_Penfold
12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
So most of us probably know he is fighting in UFC 141.

My question to you is, What do you think the future holds for him?

Rematch with Cain? A fight for the title? Another bad tattoo?

Also where can you see him in 2-3 years time?

All are very good questions and he's too proud and up his own arse to just quit without winning the title back. Or getting very close. The problem for Brock if he were to win is that he'd come up against a fully fit Dos Santos. Brock ought to have been put to sleep against Carwin and Dos Santos will knock him out if Brock gives him the same amount of time to pick his shots.

He has to launch into the takedown and he had early success against Cain by pushing him up against the cage. Dos Santos will always catch any opponent but Brock has a great chance if he swarms him early on and gets the ground and pound going. As much as I love Brock, if JDS is on it, he's not winning the title. :(

If he were to fight Cain again, he'd fight totally differently and at least Brock will be much healthier. next 2-3 years? He'll probably do a short stint with WWE but I agree that he'll be top fiive and he'll get several title shots and let's hope he takes one. But, the problem remains, how the fuck do you solve a problem like Dos Santos? :confused:

SouthernBlood
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM

If he were to fight Cain again, he'd fight totally differently and at least Brock will be much healthier. next 2-3 years? He'll probably do a short stint with WWE but I agree that he'll be top fiive and he'll get several title shots and let's hope he takes one. But, the problem remains, how the fuck do you solve a problem like Dos Santos? :confused:

Either dont get touched,Wrestle the shit out of em and keep him on the floor(Im not sure if Dos santos is a great mat wrestler but it takes away the KO),,Or at his own game.

Robstar
12-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Brock made it very clear in his book that he would not go back to WWE on anything less than his own terms. Having had some success in UFC would give him more leverage but I feel he needs to continue with MMA. The thing about MMA is there's no real long title reigns these days....unless the champ gets injured and is out for some time. You might see the freak athlete like Jones or GSP or Silva who can totally dominate a division, but thats not the case for the heavyweights.

As I've stated before, it's easier to win a title than to defend it.

Dr. Death
12-19-2011, 10:02 AM
All are very good questions and he's too proud and up his own arse to just quit without winning the title back. Or getting very close. The problem for Brock if he were to win is that he'd come up against a fully fit Dos Santos. Brock ought to have been put to sleep against Carwin and Dos Santos will knock him out if Brock gives him the same amount of time to pick his shots.

He has to launch into the takedown and he had early success against Cain by pushing him up against the cage. Dos Santos will always catch any opponent but Brock has a great chance if he swarms him early on and gets the ground and pound going. As much as I love Brock, if JDS is on it, he's not winning the title. :(

Dos Santos isn't all that great.He has boxing skills yes, but he's afraid of being taken down. One mistake and his next challenger could potentially beat him. Of course this is the UFC, and the Heavyweight Division so it only goes to show that anyone can win under the right circumstances. MMA is the most competitive full contact sport in the world.

Robstar
12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
It could have been Cain who just as easily got there first and JDS who got knocked out. It's such a chancey sport. That's why you see formerly great talent like Tito Ortiz doing the win/loss/win/loss cycle these days. Some days you are better then the guy across from you and some days not

Kenny_Penfold
12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
It could have been Cain who just as easily got there first and JDS who got knocked out. It's such a chancey sport. That's why you see formerly great talent like Tito Ortiz doing the win/loss/win/loss cycle these days. Some days you are better then the guy across from you and some days not

You say that but Cain was so nervous against Dos Santos, he was scared to attack incase he got knocked out. I don't think you'll get rid of JDS that easy realistically. He always looks immense but if i look at Tito, he looks shite all the time now. He obviously knocked out Bader who I never rated anyway but I think in JDS, we may be looking at a Bones/GSP scenario. Hope I'm wrong though because we need these classic back and forth scraps. I hope Brock gets Mir soon to destroy him for the third time. People can rave about the submission of Little Nog but if Lesnar was in that position, that kid's going to sleep.

Robstar
12-19-2011, 08:31 PM
You say that but Cain was so nervous against Dos Santos, he was scared to attack incase he got knocked out. I don't think you'll get rid of JDS that easy realistically. He always looks immense but if i look at Tito, he looks shite all the time now. He obviously knocked out Bader who I never rated anyway but I think in JDS, we may be looking at a Bones/GSP scenario. Hope I'm wrong though because we need these classic back and forth scraps. I hope Brock gets Mir soon to destroy him for the third time. People can rave about the submission of Little Nog but if Lesnar was in that position, that kid's going to sleep.

I don't think he was nervous of Dos Santos. I think he was nervous defending the title. I applaud Cain for stepping in there and be willing to duke it out with Junior, which is why he ended up in a position to get KO'd - he waded into the action rather than employ that hit and run GSP style of fighting. He could have fought smart but he chose to fight hard - and I will forever admire a 'fighting champion' over a 'smart champion' any day of the week.

Kenny_Penfold
12-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't think he was nervous of Dos Santos. I think he was nervous defending the title. I applaud Cain for stepping in there and be willing to duke it out with Junior, which is why he ended up in a position to get KO'd - he waded into the action rather than employ that hit and run GSP style of fighting. He could have fought smart but he chose to fight hard - and I will forever admire a 'fighting champion' over a 'smart champion' any day of the week.

Cain said after the fight that he was too tentative and should've took him down but opted to stand and got knocked out. He was nervous of shooting in and getting caught but of course he'll be back because he's class. I'm not a huge GSP (as I think you know) and hate that bob and move thing he does. Cain always goes out to fight and he was beaten by a quicker and more clinical fighter on the night. JDS admitted he only tried to smash him early on because he was carrying an injury himself and was worried about Cain. It would be a phenomenal rematch and if both are healthy and Cain sorts his gameplan out, it'll be brutal but brilliant.

The Sneakiness
12-19-2011, 09:37 PM
As much as I want Brock to win his next fight, I've got this feeling Overeem may have his measure. He's coming back from another prolonged absence from sickness and his conditioning may not be to a standard where he can put up a fight.

He'll still be around in UFC cause like it or not, he is still a draw for the heavyweight division.

Kenny_Penfold
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
As much as I want Brock to win his next fight, I've got this feeling Overeem may have his measure. He's coming back from another prolonged absence from sickness and his conditioning may not be to a standard where he can put up a fight.

He'll still be around in UFC cause like it or not, he is still a draw for the heavyweight division.

Does Overeem pose that much of a threat to Brock? It's just all I've read is that Brock will have too much for him. It's a fair point that he's coming off a big lay off but he's been carrying these problems for a few years and now they reckon he's fully fit. If he was smashing Mir and surviving a battering from Carwin and still winning then, imagine what he can do now.

I think Brock will come fully loaded and ready to smash Overeeem. A point has been made that Brock has said very little in the run up to the fight, less of the smack talk. Apparently, his camp think he's the best condition they've seen him in so if that's true, it's going to be great for everyone. :cool:

The Sneakiness
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Does Overeem pose that much of a threat to Brock? It's just all I've read is that Brock will have too much for him. It's a fair point that he's coming off a big lay off but he's been carrying these problems for a few years and now they reckon he's fully fit. If he was smashing Mir and surviving a battering from Carwin and still winning then, imagine what he can do now.

I think Brock will come fully loaded and ready to smash Overeeem. A point has been made that Brock has said very little in the run up to the fight, less of the smack talk. Apparently, his camp think he's the best condition they've seen him in so if that's true, it's going to be great for everyone. :cool:

I'm hoping that Overeem is all bark and no bite myself. I would love to see Brock back in the title picture.

Kenny_Penfold
12-21-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm hoping that Overeem is all bark and no bite myself. I would love to see Brock back in the title picture.

I think Brock is ready and he's promised to bring the best we've ever seen of him against Overeem. Check out the link folks.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/19/2647002/ufc-141-brock-lesnar-promises-fans-the-same-guy-who-beat-frank-mir-to

Dr. Death
12-22-2011, 08:53 AM
While Overeem is impressive in his own right, he hasn't fought anyone the caliber of Lesnar, nor has he faced many top opponents like the UFC is going to throw at him. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts, but I expect Lesnar to pick up the win.

Bennyladd1
01-01-2012, 07:55 PM
While Overeem is impressive in his own right, he hasn't fought anyone the caliber of Lesnar, nor has he faced many top opponents like the UFC is going to throw at him. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts, but I expect Lesnar to pick up the win.

lol, awful prediction.

Iron Ape
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM
lol, awful prediction.
"The caliber of Lesnar" made my day.

VanHooliganX
01-02-2012, 12:55 AM
"The caliber of Lesnar" made my day.

His new Maryse sig made mine :)

Bodom
01-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Don't question his heart. Don't question the fire that burns inside.

Automatic
01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
He felt the Ãœberknee and went down...
I guess he's going to chop wood for a few years.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/merovech83/ohnoeslesnar.jpg

Automatic
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Oh, I've got the answer for you:

DeathClutch Gym will stay alive, according to Lesnar manager, Brian Stegeman. Lesnar wishes to continue training to remain athletically fit and helping his training partners grow as fighters. However, he himself has retired from competing in Mixed Martial Arts.

Grappling Tournaments, however, are still something Brock Lesnar has shown interested in according to Mr. Stegeman. Lesnar has been grappling his entire life. One can only assume that a grappling tournament would feel more like home for him than a mixed martial arts fight.

Lesnar feels he would be successful in such tournaments and will use his time in training now as preparation for any future Submission Wrestling/BJJ tournament. Though Lesnar has always trained no-gi Jiu-Jitsu, he is willing to compete in the Mundials (World Jiu-Jitsu Championship) under the black belt level.

The 2013 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships is also something Lesnar is considering. Many other wrestlers have had success in this tournament.

Brock Lesnar loves competition, and there is no better competition for him than Submission Wrestling.

Apparently he is going to do BJJ. This guys really tries everything. So no WWE in the near future.

Robstar
01-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't think WWE needs him or would benefit from having him back. Sadly, though this wasn't always the case, it is now

second_city_sinner
01-16-2012, 06:41 AM
i dont think anyone will stop overeem now he is the best heavyweight striker in the world right now and i know people say he hasn't fought anyone but if you look at the names of the people he has beat i bet you recognise 90% of them dos santos is a puncher and his reach is quite small like 77" which the heavyweight average is 80" so if overeem keeps him outside with kicks he hasnt got a chance, i hope lesnar trains somemore and comes back he needs to be leaner like 255lbs i think he would be better he is always gassed after 2mins of each round and he should train bjj if youre 33 or whatever he is its not the time to be learning new shit its the time to master what you know so if i was brock i'd be straight down to train with probably the best wrestler the ufc has ever seen the natural and get some stand up in with someone like overeem.

second_city_sinner
01-16-2012, 06:42 AM
i dont think anyone will stop overeem now he is the best heavyweight striker in the world right now and i know people say he hasn't fought anyone but if you look at the names of the people he has beat i bet you recognise 90% of them dos santos is a puncher and his reach is quite small like 77" which the heavyweight average is 80" so if overeem keeps him outside with kicks he hasnt got a chance, i hope lesnar trains somemore and comes back he needs to be leaner like 255lbs i think he would be better he is always gassed after 2mins of each round and he should train bjj if youre 33 or whatever he is its not the time to be learning new shit its the time to master what you know so if i was brock i'd be straight down to train with probably the best wrestler the ufc has ever seen the natural and get some stand up in with someone like overeem.

jesus christ reading this back my grammer is terrible but i just woke up so gimme a break

Wade Barrett 1979
01-16-2012, 06:52 AM
I think he'll return in a limited capacity! He'll bring some viewers with him, even if it's just short term out of curiosity!

Lesner to WWE that is!

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-29-2012, 05:56 AM
I don't think he will do much. I remember reading all over the place about how Brock Lesnar hated the hectic WWE travel schedule. If anything~ I believe it would just be a one off special appearance or appearances.