PDA

View Full Version : That's how you do NOT build a main eventer!

Yano88
12-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Congrats WWE!

Congrats for giving Alberto Del Rio the most prestigious championship in the business to a rookie that is not ready.

That's, people, how you do not create a main eventer.

Yes because you dont create main eventers by picking up rookies, giving the belt to them, and hoping that they become top Superstars for magic.

You have to build them with long and passionate feuds with other superstars... You must give them the chance and the time to evolve.

Now do not misunderstand: ADR is damn good in the ring... but as for the entertaining factor... God he is awful!
He is boring and repetitive... (Try to prove otherwise...)
And he would have been even more boring if he hadnt Ricardo Rodiriguez in his corner.

There was a time when some really good people had to wait several years before winning a World Title.
And today there are people who deserve the WWE Title way more then ADR.

Instead no WWE... You wanted to create a main eventer from nothing.

You gave Alberto the Royal Rumble, the MITB and the WWE championship in a year since his debut...

And what you have now? A superstar that (not by his fault) hasn't become the top heel you were looking for...

Applause for that.

JamFran
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree, they screwed to pooch with Del Rio

wrestlingfan66513
12-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I like ADR but they dropped the ball on him.

Yano88
12-16-2011, 12:03 PM
I like ADR but they dropped the ball on him.

Maybe the problem is that they gave ADR the ball too soon XD

WWE should had give Alberto more time as a single competitor without any World Title or any major victory like RR and MITB.

He was too much of a flash.

He was at the top too soon.

Mizfit
12-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Maybe the problem is that they gave ADR the ball too soon XD

WWE should had give Alberto more time as a single competitor without any World Title or any major victory like RR and MITB.

He was too much of a flash.

He was at the top too soon.

For me they gave him to much ball at the wrong time, IMO he should have stayed on smackdown and been their top heel, instead of moving him to Raw, having him lose all his smackdown momentum then bang he was back up again.

He should have won at Mania IMO, they he could have really played off 'ending edges career' even though it was over anyway Edge seemed like the kind of guy who wouldnt have minded putting someone over in his last match.

Again its because he moved to raw that his reigns have been so lacklustre, if he had stayed on smackdown there would have been no need for him to win MITB, and I think D-Bry VS Del Rio would be a better match than anything else they can do at mania with the current smackdown roster IMO.

The Brown One
12-16-2011, 12:24 PM
It's a stupid formula that's been used over and over again. It doesn't work for every one. It worked for The Miz and Sheamus in the long run, but when they both first won the WWE title, many couldn't take them seriously and said they didn't deserve it. A wrestler should be awarded the WWE championship as a REWARD for their hard work, rather than be given it in an attempt to get them over.

Yano88
12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Are u so sure that it worked for Miz and Sheamus?

I mean, sure Miz is back in the main event scene but taht's because his tag team partner R-Truth was written off tv.

Last month Miz was in the tag team division XD He was out completely from the WWE championship scenario.

And Sheamus... Sheamus captured the US Title AFTER the WWE title. What a huge step back if u ask me.

Not to mention his current storyline with Hornswaggle -.-

JamFran
12-16-2011, 12:44 PM
The WWE seems to have lost the ability to think long term. Vince appears to have developed ADD in his old age

The Hit Man
12-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Well, first off Alberto Del Rio isn't a rookie. I do agree with you that they put the belt on him too soon. He didn't show enough to suggest he was capable of holding the championship. I prefer it when a superstar is built up slowly over a few years. Edge is a perfect example. Although sometimes what they done with Del Rio does work. Lesnar and Angle won their first championships in their first year and went onto become huge stars. I think the fact that Del Rio has been wrestling for a while and hes already in his mid 30s is a reason why they put the belt on him so quickly.

TBO makes a great point. The belt should be a reward not a way to put someone over.

BlazersDozen
12-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't think it worked for Miz at all. He won the title, lost it, jobbed out to Alex Riley for a little bit, wasn't up to much then was put into a tag team with R-Truth as the leader but was outshined by R-Truth.

The thing that got Sheamus over was his face turn, not his title wins.

The Brown One
12-16-2011, 12:51 PM

I mean, sure Miz is back in the main event scene but taht's because his tag team partner R-Truth was written off tv.

Last month Miz was in the tag team division XD He was out completely from the WWE championship scenario.

And Sheamus... Sheamus captured the US Title AFTER the WWE title. What a huge step back if u ask me.

The Miz was still in the main event - he was feuding with top stars like Triple H and CM Punk. Good point about Sheamus though. It doesn't work out well for everyone, and I still stand by that statement.

Shining Light
12-16-2011, 12:52 PM
The way they packaged and presented ADR didn't do it for me. His character bores me and he isn't someone who I would "mark over" for whether he is a face or heel.

Question:
What merchandise does the WWE sell for ADR?

The Brown One
12-16-2011, 12:56 PM
The way they packaged and presented ADR didn't do it for me. His character bores me and he isn't someone who I would "mark over" for whether he is a face or heel.

Question:
What merchandise does the WWE sell for ADR?

Dunno. But they could do with some toy luxury cars with ADR in the driver's seat and a button for honking :D Maybe a Ricardo figure that does announcing too.

Yano88
12-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I stand by what The Hit Man said.

The WWE Title should be the dream and the goal to achieve for any Superstar. (Even the WHC)
Not a quick tool to become popular with the fans.

WWE also did the crap thing to give Ziggler the WHC for 5 minutes... C'mon... What was the point of that?

Ziggler is nicely becoming a top heel while still being US champ.
In a not so distant day he will be able to hold a major title because he was given the right time to grow up.

Cabers
12-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Simple way of putting it.

ADR gets called up wins within a year.

Dolph Ziggler debuts as Nicky in the spirit Squad. Gets sent back to OVW. Comes back as Dolph Ziggler and is still without a major title despite being better all round than ADR.

BlazersDozen
12-16-2011, 01:20 PM
I think it'd be different if he wasn't packaged as Mexican JBL. Although ppl would've thought of it as racist, he should've been packaged as a Mexican who came to America to work hard for his family in Mexico and be a face. This would've gotten him extremely over as its a feel good story.

For major heel heat, at some point they should've revealed the FCW storyline where ADR actually works for Ricardo's company.

The Brown One
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I think it'd be different if he wasn't packaged as Mexican JBL. Although ppl would've thought of it as racist, he should've been packaged as a Mexican who came to America to work hard for his family in Mexico and be a face. This would've gotten him extremely over as its a feel good story.

For major heel heat, at some point they should've revealed the FCW storyline where ADR actually works for Ricardo's company.

It's not racist if they go about it the right way. I'd watch to see a storyline like that!

SDR
12-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Dunno. But they could do with some toy luxury cars with ADR in the driver's seat and a button for honking :D Maybe a Ricardo figure that does announcing too.

Hah, I would buy both and have them somewhere on display! What are you going to do though? CM Punk kind of needs the title right now and even though Mark Henry may not be the best wrestler in the world l enjoy him as the world heavy weight champion, his entrance has been my favorite as of late. My point is Alberto Del Rio is championship worthy, unfortunately WWE focuses more on $ than talent. Perhaps rather than giving him the title for the tours to Mexico & then losing it again shortly after, he should have become King of the Ring. After all he is royalty right?

Reloval
12-16-2011, 02:05 PM
They just need to let ADR wrestle for awhile and stop giving him the mic when he obviously doesn't have anything to say. I think his mic work has hurt him the most. Now everytime they give him the mic I want to change the channel almost as much as I do when I see the divas coming to the ring.

Let him get over with his wrestling and maybe more "backstage (taped) segments. Talking live just isn't his thing atm.

Yano88
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah. Many times WWE forced him to cut a promo where he actually had nothing to say causing him to be boring and repetitive...

But dont misunderstand me: im not against del Rio and I dont put the blame on him.

I still think he can rise and shine but he must leave the WWE championship scene and go for a couple of good non-title feuds.

Feuds that must have a good story that will let him cut good promos.

And he also needs to start on losing...

Hell it seems that he only loses to Cena or Punk!

Pratically any midcarder last few minutes in the ring with him before tapping to him...
If he already started with a gimmick similiar to JBL then try to learn from him.

JBL was one hell of a top heel.

Chavo
12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Although ppl would've thought of it as racist, he should've been packaged as a Mexican who came to America to work hard for his family in Mexico and be a face.

LOL I can see it now, he speaks broken english and does backstage segments where hes doing odd jobs to make money, his first fued is when a midcarder complains hes taking his job...........

Anyways, I've said it many of times before, the only good thing about Del Rio is his catchphrase and he doesnt even do that anymore =(

Shaz11
12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
He should of held the IC Champion or US Champion, its better than giving him the WWEC early!

Drew McIntyre should have got the push that Del Rio got, Drew has got far more talent than Del Rio!

Y2JLionsault
12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Del Rio would have made a good IC Champ. I believe he really would have brought some prestige to it and I can honestly see him with the belt, the WWE title does not suit him. They clearly proved that R Truth can be a top heel and deserves the WWE Title more than Del Rio.

Wrestling Realist
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM

yeah it not like WWE ain't racist (in stereotypical way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmowYlJu3Q8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a08fhmLavo

Wrestling Realist
12-16-2011, 07:57 PM
but with ADR they dropped the ball why not have Richardo speak more for him and He also should have kept the title from summer slam till survivor series not losing it to cena it just makes ADR weak and punk look bad like ADR can't beat cena, so he locks cena out of the cell he only retains cause awesome truth interferes so CM Punk only champion cause Cena not and ADR was champion just to turn around and lose it to punk would been better if after cashing in he held it till punk beat him for it and i also think that punk should of lost at survivor series (ADR cheats to win) then punk win at TLC it would have meant more and gave more value to the title

The Expendable
12-16-2011, 10:42 PM
They have done that before, Batista, sheamus, the miz and like it or not (I don't like it) that's the way WWE wants to create main event guys and I think a big part of this is that WWE lost a lot of top stars in a very short time (JBL, Michaels, Batista, Jericho, triple h, The undertaker), I agree, I'm a fan of Alberto but it was too soon for him, it was too soon for the miz and sheamus too but I don't think it's their fault

Murphdogg4
12-16-2011, 11:15 PM
congradulations to whoever started this thread for thinking that ADR is a rookie. Way to go wwe universe

eyehatecena
12-16-2011, 11:31 PM
lol. Yeah I agree with ya. You would think they would at least play up on some of his past- who his father is, who his uncle is- at least during the tour of Mexico. But like you said- WWE Universe.
Del Rio, Dos Caras Jr, whatever you want to call him is just like many others that made a name for themselves in their native countries- came to WWE and had to learn the WWE style of wrestling

LoGik
12-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Hah, I would buy both and have them somewhere on display! What are you going to do though? CM Punk kind of needs the title right now and even though Mark Henry may not be the best wrestler in the world l enjoy him as the world heavy weight champion, his entrance has been my favorite as of late. My point is Alberto Del Rio is championship worthy, unfortunately WWE focuses more on $ than talent. Perhaps rather than giving him the title for the tours to Mexico & then losing it again shortly after, he should have become King of the Ring. After all he is royalty right?

then he wouldve won royal rumble,MITB,and king in the ring in one year. thatd be ridiculous. IMO they wasted a MITB on him.

SouthernBlood
12-17-2011, 01:23 AM

There isnt one

CMRyder
12-17-2011, 02:02 AM
ADR is at a mid-card level right now, and Dolph Ziggler is at main event level, they need to switch. Seriously.

Yano88
12-17-2011, 03:49 AM
congradulations to whoever started this thread for thinking that ADR is a rookie. Way to go wwe universe

To me, Rookie means a guy who is in the main roster for a year or so.

Even if AJ Styles debuts tomorrow in WWE, for the next year to my eyes he will be a rookie.

Rookie doesnt mean that youre not good.
Rookie means that youre new to the WWE.

I already said that I believe that Del Rio has an immense talent in the ring.

But as far as mic skill goes, he is just not at the level to be a main eventer.

Next time please try to understand what is the message that a person wants to deliver instead of using pointless sarcasm.

captainmoonlight
12-17-2011, 04:43 AM
its funny how you guys always say "wwe screwed (insert name) over"

is it not about time wrestlers actually made their own work?

i really disliked del Rio (in the good hate a heel way)

but when he became champion he didn't elevate himself to the next level

theres one person to blame for del Rio being bland. and that's del Rio

Yano88
12-17-2011, 05:00 AM
Look at both Miz and Del Rio.

Nowdays Miz is above Del Rio but why?

He spent years doing crap like hosting the divas and jobbing.
Then he started that annoying "Hoorah" era...
Then he won the tag titles with Morrison and after that he won the US title.

He had plenty of time to learn and evolve.

Del Rio, as soon as he arrived in the main roster, was immediately shooted to the top of the world.

He was given a huge weight on his shoulder... I am not surprised to see he failed to become what WWE wanted him to be.

How can you work calmly in the number 1 company when you are already given so much responsability? (being the next big thing)

Of course you're right when you tell that Del Rio is also the one to blame.
Maybe another guy would have success where he failed...