PDA

View Full Version : How are they different?

latinoheat928
12-15-2011, 12:34 AM
You know i've been thinking about this for quite awhile and now i want to get other opinions on this, i want someone to explain to me how Hulk Hogan and John Cena are any different, from my point of veiw, both have had the superman like characters, neither can wrestle, and each have their own 5 moves of doom. yet everyone hates john cena for doing it, why have i not seen anyone mention hogan was basically the exact same. im just curious as to how theyre different in terms of wrestling ability and how you can love one and hate the other when they basically have the same character

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:35 AM
You know i've been thinking about this for quite awhile and now i want to get other opinions on this, i want someone to explain to me how Hulk Hogan and John Cena are any different, from my point of veiw, both have had the superman like characters, neither can wrestle, and each have their own 5 moves of doom. yet everyone hates john cena for doing it, why have i not seen anyone mention hogan was basically the exact same. im just curious as to how theyre different in terms of wrestling ability and how you can love one and hate the other when they basically have the same character

i don´t recall anybody saying they are different

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Because some idiots think that Hogan's catchphrases were directed towards adults, not kids. Yeah bloody right.

A.Graham
12-15-2011, 01:38 AM
I don't like either both are boring but if anything I like Cena more, don't know why.

PSOjedi
12-15-2011, 02:07 AM
neither can wrestle
They're not really different. Vince just want them to draw as much money as possible that's all. As for the quote above, you should make the difference between "can wrestle" and "don't wrestle". John Cena can wrestle, just watch his debut in 2002 vs Kurt angle and Chris Jericho and also his matches in the OVW. The problem is that he does not wrestle anymore and is always destroyed in the ring during almost the entire match makin him look like a poor weak guy. He is not entertaining. Watching a guy beat down another during 20 minutes or even 1 hour is a waste of time and nothing is less entertaining than that.

Just people should make the difference, and stop saying Cena can't wrestle. He just does not anymore. When (and if) he will turn heel, this will probably change.

The Expendable
12-15-2011, 02:32 AM
both are boring to watch, I don't see any difference

Cabers
12-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Only difference now is Hogan is broke as hell.

LMPunker
12-15-2011, 05:07 AM
cena doesnt bury people if it was hogan at ecw one night stand 2006 he would made vince pay heaps of security rather then put over rob van dam

Regal>Cena
12-15-2011, 05:53 AM
They're not really different. Vince just want them to draw as much money as possible that's all. As for the quote above, you should make the difference between "can wrestle" and "don't wrestle". John Cena can wrestle, just watch his debut in 2002 vs Kurt angle and Chris Jericho and also his matches in the OVW. The problem is that he does not wrestle anymore and is always destroyed in the ring during almost the entire match makin him look like a poor weak guy. He is not entertaining. Watching a guy beat down another during 20 minutes or even 1 hour is a waste of time and nothing is less entertaining than that.

Just people should make the difference, and stop saying Cena can't wrestle. He just does not anymore. When (and if) he will turn heel, this will probably change.

I would tend to agree with this; for me he has put on so much muscle since his debut that he can't move like he used to be able to. He needs to lose about 50lbs of muscle and tone up - not that Vince would ever let him, obviously.

HeartlessAttack
12-15-2011, 07:50 AM
I prefer Cena, he's better in the ring than Hogan, and isn't a selfish prick.

Dr. Death
12-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Cena = Hogan but with a twist in that Cena actually knows 5 moves, whereas Hogan knows 1.

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Cena = Hogan but with a twist in that Cena actually knows 5 moves, whereas Hogan knows 1.

What about the ax hammer? :P

Lowki
12-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Even adults loved Hulk Hogan.

malvec
12-15-2011, 10:58 AM

Is finger pointing and doing the "no no" motion considered a move? It does terrorize the opponent with fear...

kiltbill
12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Most of the hate comes from the internet, something which Hogan didn't have to compete with.

HBK
12-15-2011, 07:34 PM
difference between Cena and Hogan is Hogan wouldn't put any1 over and i believe Cena really wants to put some guys over but Vince won't let him

Robstar
12-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah I'm on board with this opinion. As mentioned there are some fundamental backstage differences but in the ring, they're oh so predictable. I feel Cena is paying for Hogan's actions on top of his own. Both Hulk and Cena in their own eras, appealed to kids mostly. Funny how now those young Hulkamaniacs have grown up and are now probably Cena haters.

Robstar
12-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Is finger pointing and doing the "no no" motion considered a move? It does terrorize the opponent with fear...

Yeah, what's with that? Everyone gets down when SuperCena emerges from the phone box but they seem to be ok when Hogan 'Hulked Up' and no amount of punches could hurt him. Hello?

HBK
12-15-2011, 07:56 PM
yea i agree rob, Cena is paying for Hogan's stunt's he pulled back then and really Vince likes the 5 moves of doom on alot of top guys, but some can do more but it's what the fans like and most people who actually buy their products and really would rather see acting more than wrestling and they wanna see their fav moves which is usally around 1-6 i guess depends on the guy.

VanHooliganX
12-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Age.
1 knows when to retire.
Hair colour.
Name.
State they were born.

Those are a few differences :)