PDA

View Full Version : Ball's in your court, IWC.

Ruthless_Aggression
12-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Taken from Lords of pain.net

"Some people within WWE are predicting the lowest buyrate of the year for Sunday's WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view."

Assuming this is not your usual dirtsheet BS, this is the only ppv in the past few or so years that John Cena is not headlining (or at least not advertised in) a ppv match leading to a pessimistic outlook on the possible success of TLC. This means that the waters on CM Punk being the main face of the show are being tested. Not only that but the internet fandom's Zack Ryder getting his US title match.

So this ppv will be a test to see how close of a wavelength us, the Internet Wrestling Cynics, are with the rest of the 'E audience.

Thoughts? Opinions?

pauadrian
12-14-2011, 11:12 PM
cena will be on the show somehow

URATOOL
12-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Maybe this is all a plan by the E to get the IWC to buy the PPV. If the by rate is low they can say "See. You only buy the PPVs that Cena is headlining."

K2Jelly
12-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm actually going to see TLC live and so far, I LOVE how this show is booked. I'm pretty sure as long as Cena does something significant, people will order or attend.

Giddy
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Maybe this is all a plan by the E to get the IWC to buy the PPV. If the by rate is low they can say "See. You only buy the PPVs that Cena is headlining."
It sounds like a Vince McMahon thing to do

pauadrian
12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
i don´t buy ppvs i stream because the fuckin E charge 1000 bucks per ppv in mexico can you blame me

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-14-2011, 11:24 PM
i don´t buy ppvs i stream because the fuckin E charge 1000 bucks per ppv in mexico can you blame me

$1,000? Really? I believe that's being a little out there. I buy the WWE PPV's every month in HD anyway. I pay $60.00 a month. It's cool... PPV's to me are a luxury. Streaming is bullshit and it's killing the buyrates. It's the "Used Video Game" market of the wrestling world. It truly is a cancer... if you don't have the money to buy it, you shouldn't enjoy it.

pauadrian
12-14-2011, 11:29 PM
$1,000? Really? I believe that's being a little out there. I buy the WWE PPV's every month in HD anyway. I pay $60.00 a month. It's cool... PPV's to me are a luxury. Streaming is bullshit and it's killing the buyrates. It's the "Used Video Game" market of the wrestling world. It truly is a cancer... if you don't have the money to buy it, you shouldn't enjoy it.

come on man its fucking 1000 bucks which is like 90 american dollars how the hell are we supposed to afford that if i livved in the us sure i would pay

but since i live in a country where evrything is expensive
that is why i stream and buy used videogames
except for games i do look forward to like wwe 12
wwe 12 cost me 800 bucks and thats cus they had to buy it for me

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-14-2011, 11:42 PM
come on man its fucking 1000 bucks which is like 90 american dollars how the hell are we supposed to afford that if i livved in the us sure i would pay

but since i live in a country where evrything is expensive
that is why i stream and buy used videogames
except for games i do look forward to like wwe 12
wwe 12 cost me 800 bucks and thats cus they had to buy it for me

Actually, A WWE PPV will cost 836.00 pesos there which equal to $60.00 American dollars. $1.00 from us equals 13.97 for you.

pauadrian
12-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Actually, A WWE PPV will cost 836.00 pesos there which equal to $60.00 American dollars. $1.00 from us equals 13.97 for you.

not on my cable provider

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-14-2011, 11:44 PM
not on my cable provider

Then you have a horrible cable provider lol.

pauadrian
12-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Then you have a horrible cable provider lol.

everybody is horrible here lol
we have dish sky and megacable
they all charge the smae i think i had megacable and that´s what it charged me
now i have dish and it is charging 1 cent cheaper

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-14-2011, 11:48 PM
i buy every PPV and watch every raw! most people that do the moaning and complaining tend too watch the shows on the internet, which is fine.. somepeople can not do it any other way! but then these people who watch it for free!! are normally the ones saying that PPV was rubbish! then it's like you didnt want too pay for it..so what do you expect!

on topic if cena is not booked will be weird not seeing him.. tho i think he will be involved!

Ruthless_Aggression
12-15-2011, 12:01 AM
i buy every PPV and watch every raw! most people that do the moaning and complaining tend too watch the shows on the internet, which is fine.. somepeople can not do it any other way! but then these people who watch it for free!! are normally the ones saying that PPV was rubbish! then it's like you didnt want too pay for it..so what do you expect!

on topic if cena is not booked will be weird not seeing him.. tho i think he will be involved!

Was hoping he'd have a segment with Kane on SD! this week to get him on the card. Despite everyone saying Cena will get in one way or another, the main fact is that he is not being billed or advertised. Meaning that everyone watching TV and not the dirtsheets is under the impression that he is not in the ppv which may impact whether or not they will order it. So we'll have to pray that CM Punk has motivated the casual fans into paying to see him against Miz and Del Rio.

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Was hoping he'd have a segment with Kane on SD! this week to get him on the card. Despite everyone saying Cena will get in one way or another, the main fact is that he is not being billed or advertised. Meaning that everyone watching TV and not the dirtsheets is under the impression that he is not in the ppv which may impact whether or not they will order it. So we'll have to pray that CM Punk has motivated the casual fans into paying to see him against Miz and Del Rio.

there you go kids dominate the world

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-15-2011, 12:06 AM

yeh i was sort of hoping for that two.. i just wish kane would have made the comeback at TLC!! and yh man, Punk always puts on a good showing and he's had some good matches with Del Rio so should be a good match!

The Expendable
12-15-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm from México too and I'm gonna be watching for free, there are some good live streams, sorry but everything is very expensive here and my cable provider never have the PPV's. FUCK YOU CABLEMAS

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm from México too and I'm gonna be watching for free, there are some good live streams, sorry but everything is very expensive here and my cable provider never have the PPV's. FUCK YOU CABLEMAS

see this guy understands high five amigo
viva la raza

btw cablemas and megacble are the same thing

IrkenInvader
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Fucking IWC better man up here. I'm paying for it, you assholes better join in.

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:29 AM

no the mexicans don´t pay for shit

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 12:31 AM
I think it may just draw lower than other PPVs this year if Cenas not on the card. Like him or hate him, theres many people who buy the PPV mainly because of Cena.

Congrats, want a medal?

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:32 AM
I think it may just draw lower than other PPVs this year if Cenas not on the card. Like him or hate him, theres many people who buy the PPV mainly because of Cena.

kids and parents anybody else

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-15-2011, 12:34 AM

Familys! so that basically leave everyone else who dosent like him.. which seems 50/50 in the crowds on most occasions!

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM

And that's enough for them to get by.

Wrestlinfan608
12-15-2011, 01:18 AM

Most people don't have the money to pay 60.00 or whatever the price is each month for a PPV. If you do, thats great. Most people don't so don't say " If you don't have the money to buy it you shouldn't enjoy it" that makes no sense at all dude..... I bet if you didn't have the money to pay for the PPV you would stream it

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Most people don't have the money to pay 60.00 or whatever the price is each month for a PPV. If you do, thats great. Most people don't so don't say " If you don't have the money to buy it you shouldn't enjoy it" that makes no sense at all dude..... I bet if you didn't have the money to pay for the PPV you would stream it

right on the spot since were all giving each other high fives get your hand up in the air

never had cable in the us it´s wierd now that it´s more expensive i do have it

Adreme
12-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Cena is going to be on the card. I wouldnt be surprised if he either lost to Kane, did something in US title match, or still slipped into main event somehow.

Hesterica
12-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Am really happy we get all WWE PPVs for free and live here through my cable provider.

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Am really happy we get all WWE PPVs for free and live here through my cable provider.

we get tna ppv for free yeah not that exciting

The Expendable
12-15-2011, 03:14 AM
see this guy understands high five amigo
viva la raza

btw cablemas and megacble are the same thing

Oh bro, we know that México is not a place to spend a lot of money on entertainment

Cabers
12-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Well ill admit straight out i can't afford cable which is SKY in Ireland it has all the shows and PPVs on it so its streaming for me, same thing with TNA but ROH actually air there shows on there website every Thursday which is awesome.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-15-2011, 04:39 AM
Firstly, does anybody have any factual data, on how much the supposed 'IWC' actually contributes to PPV buys! Or is it all conjecture? Secondly, can someone define what the 'IWC' actually is for me?

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 04:44 AM
Firstly, does anybody have any factual data, on how much the supposed 'IWC' actually contributes to PPV buys! Or is it all conjecture? Secondly, can someone define what the 'IWC' actually is for me?

IWC stands for Internet Wrestling Community. It's a place where people like you and me come together online to discuss anything wrestling from the past, present and future.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-15-2011, 04:50 AM
IWC stands for Internet Wrestling Community. It's a place where people like you and me come together online to discuss anything wrestling from the past, present and future.

I know that chief! :)

What I mean is, when people talk about the 'IWC' especially when it's pertaining to thing such as it's influence on PPV buys, what constitutes a member of the IWC? For instance, look at the number of people registered on this site, against the number of active users! If someone registers to this site, posts once then buys a PPV 4 months down the line, is that a member of the 'IWC' buying the PPV and having an affect on the buyrate??

That's why I believe the 'IWC' term is so loose, it's actually a pointless phrase!!

LMPunker
12-15-2011, 05:02 AM
im paying for it but to be fair i cant blame for not ording one week before christmas aswell so i dont think this should be concidered as a test of can punk draw ppv buys as its 1 week to xmas

Cabers
12-15-2011, 05:28 AM
I know that chief! :)

What I mean is, when people talk about the 'IWC' especially when it's pertaining to thing such as it's influence on PPV buys, what constitutes a member of the IWC? For instance, look at the number of people registered on this site, against the number of active users! If someone registers to this site, posts once then buys a PPV 4 months down the line, is that a member of the 'IWC' buying the PPV and having an affect on the buyrate??

That's why I believe the 'IWC' term is so loose, it's actually a pointless phrase!!

I believe there saying that the IWC crowd are a bunch of people like you and me on these forums that complain about the direction of the company and storylines, yet at the same time don't buy PPVs instead watching them from streaming sites.

Basically, complaining about how shit it is over the computer but not actually paying to watch it.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-15-2011, 06:00 AM
I believe there saying that the IWC crowd are a bunch of people like you and me on these forums that complain about the direction of the company and storylines, yet at the same time don't buy PPVs instead watching them from streaming sites.

Basically, complaining about how shit it is over the computer but not actually paying to watch it.

Still back to my original point though, for this argument to hold any water define a member of the 'IWC?'

I still maintain that references to the 'IWC' or members thereof, is pointless! There is no solid definition to go by!

HeartlessAttack
12-15-2011, 08:17 AM
You're against used videogames? That's just stupid. The millionaire corporations lose a few more million, who cares?

Automatic
12-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I predict this PPV to do slightly better than Vengeance, even though Vengeance was better booked, it had the disadvantage that is was 2 weeks after the last PPV and 3 weeks before Survivor Series with The Rock, which made people inclined to save their money for The Rock. This PPV has had no built until the go-home, you can't argue last week's Raw, because that Raw was a bunch of losers getting a title shot, but the TTTT show contributed greatly in my opinion. The Raw side of the show is really poorly booked, but the SD side is better booked. They'll definitely won't get last year's number though.

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 09:18 AM
I predict this PPV to do slightly better than Vengeance, even though Vengeance was better booked, it had the disadvantage that is was 2 weeks after the last PPV and 3 weeks before Survivor Series with The Rock, which made people inclined to save their money for The Rock. This PPV has had no built until the go-home, you can't argue last week's Raw, because that Raw was a bunch of losers getting a title shot, but the TTTT show contributed greatly in my opinion. The Raw side of the show is really poorly booked, but the SD side is better booked. They'll definitely won't get last year's number though.

Not enough build up is a big reason why the buyrate won't be very high. Most of the PPVs in the middle of this year have had much better build up than the ones we've seen in the past few months.

Glamour Girl
12-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Sorry to say this, but if I think something's crap I'm not gonna pay for it. That's like being a masochist and I'm not like the kind of people who think it will be crap, but then buy it anyway to see if they're wrong and then regret buying it in the end. I won't waste my hard earned money to promote something that doesn't try to make me happy and only wants my money. Then again I usually don't bother watching on stream either, not because my code of ethics makes me think I shouldn't enjoy it if I don't pay, but because I usually don't think it will be worth my time and after coming here and reading the results and reviews I tend to realize I was right.

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Sorry to say this, but if I think something's crap I'm not gonna pay for it. That's like being a masochist and I'm not like the kind of people who think it will be crap, but then buy it anyway to see if they're wrong and then regret buying it in the end. I won't waste my hard earned money to promote something that doesn't try to make me happy and only wants my money. Then again I usually don't bother watching on stream either, not because my code of ethics makes me think I shouldn't enjoy it if I don't pay, but because I usually don't think it will be worth my time and after coming here and reading the results and reviews I tend to realize I was right.

Fair enough. But try to watch some of the good matches. They are well worth watching!

Glamour Girl
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Oh I do. When I read a match was really good I look it up, but I think most would agree that the quality of WWE ppvs these past year has gone way down. A few years ago I used to order every single ppv and couldn't wait for WM. Now WM is no better than the rest of the shows if you ask me and there are too many ppvs without the proper buildup.

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Oh I do. When I read a match was really good I look it up, but I think most would agree that the quality of WWE ppvs these past year has gone way down. A few years ago I used to order every single ppv and couldn't wait for WM. Now WM is no better than the rest of the shows if you ask me and there are too many ppvs without the proper buildup.

I'm not sure if that was a grammatical error but...I'd say the quality of PPVs this year have been much better than in previous years. Despite the short time frame between some PPVs, we have gotten good build up, and even the midcarders get some decent build up. It's just that there's those PPVs that occur like 3 weeks after another, and are treated as rematches. That's why they get such low buyrates.

lewism173
12-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I see it as a strong ppv I mean miz punk and del rio I think we all agree that except from del rio miz and punk are 99% definitely going to be in the main event for a while. You then add rhodes, ryder, booker and dolph into there match's + a awesome barret vs orton match IMO you have a ppv of the year contender

Murphdogg4
12-15-2011, 02:31 PM
ppv buy rates getting low and lower have been a ongoing trend. Cena Headlining or not has nothing to do with it.

KJ PUNK
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
I will probably be watching it with my friends. We all chip in on the Ppv and get pizzas and have a good time. The only time I stream is when I'm flat broke and I never complain about it. I had to stream MITB and I enjoyed it so much that I felt bad for not paying for it

Murphdogg4
12-15-2011, 04:40 PM
there are too many ppv's and they are glorfied Raws.

toobeastly33
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM

Wow man. I agree that streaming is killing the buy rate and it sucks. But to say if you don't have the money you shouldn't enjoy it is quite a dick statement. You sound like an arrogant prick.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-15-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/pop%20corn/grand/jackson_pop_corn.gif

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
I see it as a strong ppv I mean miz punk and del rio I think we all agree that except from del rio miz and punk are 99% definitely going to be in the main event for a while. You then add rhodes, ryder, booker and dolph into there match's + a awesome barret vs orton match IMO you have a ppv of the year contender

why the hate he has good wrestling skills and can talk on the mic

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 08:53 PM
why the hate he has good wrestling skills and can talk on the mic

You're kidding right? what wrestling skills? he's boring as fuck to watch
and he's not good on the mic, he's average, average doesnt cut it

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
You're kidding right? what wrestling skills? he's boring as fuck to watch
and he's not good on the mic, he's average, average doesnt cut it

with mma and luchador experience you can´t say he doesn´t have wrestling skills i know what he is capable of trust me

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 10:07 PM
with mma and luchador experience you can´t say he doesn´t have wrestling skills i know what he is capable of trust me

It's World Wrestling Entertainment
Alberto is NOT entertaining at ALL in the ring, he's very boring

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 10:12 PM
It's World Wrestling Entertainment
Alberto is NOT entertaining at ALL in the ring, he's very boring

doesn´t have to be entertaining he is a wrestler not an entertainer

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 10:19 PM
doesn´t have to be entertaining he is a wrestler not an entertainer

LOL ok this is where I find out that you don't know anything about business or WWE

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
LOL ok this is where I find out that you don't know anything about business or WWE

this is where i find out you don´t either clearly del rio gets enough heat to succeed in wwe

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 10:28 PM
this is where i find out you don´t either clearly del rio gets enough heat to succeed in wwe

He gets heat because he sucks and is boring, not because he's a good heel

WWE is all about entertainment not about wrestling, wrestling is a PART of the entertainment something that del rio lacks in

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 10:33 PM
He gets heat because he sucks and is boring, not because he's a good heel

WWE is all about entertainment not about wrestling, wrestling is a PART of the entertainment something that del rio lacks in

name reasons why he is boring

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 10:41 PM
name reasons why he is boring

1. He's out of shape and floppy, which means he's not intimidating
2. His moves are boring, nothing entertaining about them.. he's like any other mid-card wrestler
3. His finishing move is an arm bar... come on.. how is that exciting?
4. He's a mexican JBL lol, been there done that, and JBL did it better
etc etc.

He's just not main event material

Amerinaine
12-15-2011, 10:42 PM
pauadrian is right to a degree. Del Rio can wrestle. He is very technically sound. I have yet to see him actually botch a move or miss a spot. He can wrestle with anyone on the roster no matter the size. His mic skills are ok, but they are not great. Some of that is because English is not his first language. It is getting better too.

Oh, did I mention, I don't like Del Rio. But I just don't like his character. Not his in ring abilities. That cross arm-breaker is wicked.

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 10:45 PM
1. He's out of shape and floppy, which means he's not intimidating
2. His moves are boring, nothing entertaining about them.. he's like any other mid-card wrestler
3. His finishing move is an arm bar... come on.. how is that exciting?
4. He's a mexican JBL lol, been there done that, and JBL did it better
etc etc.

He's just not main event material

1 del rio has a better body than cody
2 daniel bryan doesn´t have an exciting moveset either yet he is technically gifted which is good enough
3 finishers don´t have to be entertaining they have to be painful and believable
4 jbl wasn´t the first rich charcter in the wwe

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 10:51 PM
1 del rio has a better body than cody
2 daniel bryan doesn´t have an exciting moveset either yet he is technically gifted which is good enough
3 finishers don´t have to be entertaining they have to be painful and believable
4 jbl wasn´t the first rich charcter in the wwe

http://i.imgur.com/Nt80x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1h4at.png

really?
also finishers are supposed to be exciting and deadly

and I dont find bryan exciting either

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 10:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Nt80x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1h4at.png

really?
also finishers are supposed to be exciting and deadly

and I dont find bryan exciting either

prepare for evybody raging at you good luck with that
and yes he has a better stature than cody same body but yet you like cody don´t ya

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 10:55 PM
pauadrian is right to a degree. Del Rio can wrestle. He is very technically sound. I have yet to see him actually botch a move or miss a spot. He can wrestle with anyone on the roster no matter the size. His mic skills are ok, but they are not great. Some of that is because English is not his first language. It is getting better too.

Oh, did I mention, I don't like Del Rio. But I just don't like his character. Not his in ring abilities. That cross arm-breaker is wicked.

im good with to a certain degree from a non del rio fan :D

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-15-2011, 10:57 PM

No. I wouldn't. Sorry about your luck. I consider things like video games, going out to the movies and buying PPV's to be a luxury. If you don't have it, sorry about your luck.

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM
No. I wouldn't. Sorry about your luck. I consider things like video games, going out to the movies and buying PPV's to be a luxury. If you don't have it, sorry about your luck.

i doubt that

videogames sure they are a luxury but movies are not luxury some PPVs aren´t either
luxury is going to a live ppv or traveling around the world, going to amusment parks and museums

Dr. Death
12-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Alberto Del Rio is the son of Dos Caras, and nephew of Mil Mascaras - both famous luchadores that have wrestled in Mexico and Japan. Also before working for WWE, Del Rio used the name Dos Caras, Jr. He is both a mixed martial artist and luchador in mostly Mexico and Japan. He worked in both of Mexico's main wrestling promotions and achieved success in CMLL, where he is a former CMLL World Heavyweight Champion. He is very talented, and the Cross Armbar he uses is a variation of an Armbar used in MMA. Now his mic work does need some work, and he's not the first Aristocrat gimmick used in the WWE, his talent alone should keep him in the Title hunt regardless of what others may think.

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Point is, I and many others like myself watch WWE for over the top action, crazy shit you wouldn't see or hear anywhere else, not some boring grappling and technical ability, if I wanted that I'd watch olympic wrestling or UFC. Del rio has neither the mic skills to entertain or the wrestling skills to entertain

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Alberto Del Rio is the son of Dos Caras, and nephew of Mil Mascaras - both famous luchadores that have wrestled in Mexico and Japan. Also before working for WWE, Del Rio used the name Dos Caras, Jr. He is both a mixed martial artist and luchador in mostly Mexico and Japan. He worked in both of Mexico's main wrestling promotions and achieved success in CMLL, where he is a former CMLL World Heavyweight Champion. He is very talented, and the Cross Armbar he uses is a variation of an Armbar used in MMA. Now his mic work does need some work, and he's not the first Aristocrat gimmick used in the WWE, his talent alone should keep him in the Title hunt regardless of what others may think.

al that is what i mean he has the in-ring talent his mic work could use work but he doesn´t speak english as his first language
if you guys would understand the mistico promos in cmll you would be either fascinated or cenafied

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Point is, I and many others like myself watch WWE for over the top action, crazy shit you wouldn't see or hear anywhere else, not some boring grappling and technical ability, if I wanted that I'd watch olympic wrestling or UFC. Del rio has neither the mic skills to entertain or the wrestling skills to entertain

so you skip the matches and only watch promos or do you only watch extreme matches like hiac extreme rules or tlc
if you only watch promos and extreme matches go watch tna

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 11:10 PM
so you skip the matches and only watch promos or do you only watch extreme matches like hiac extreme rules or tlc
if you only watch promos and extreme matches go watch tna

I watch the parts that are entertaining, that could be anything... a good promo, good match? The fatal fourway on the slammies was a good example, that was a solid match by good exciting wrestlers (although I liked more of ziggler, cody and ryder than bryan)

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:14 PM
I watch the parts that are entertaining, that could be anything... a good promo, good match? The fatal fourway on the slammies was a good example, that was a solid match by good exciting wrestlers (although I liked more of ziggler, cody and ryder than bryan)

i recommend you don´t bash bryan or evrybody wil target you as the next victim

Amerinaine
12-15-2011, 11:15 PM

Ok, you like the faster paced stuff. Get it. Some of us like the technical aspect of it. Just learn to deal, man.

*Is it me, or has this derailed into an Alberto Del Rio thread.

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 11:15 PM
i recommend you don´t bash bryan or evrybody wil target you as the next victim

the next victim!? oh no I'm sooo scaared, grow the fuck up

if you like the technical aspects then go watch UFC or something

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:18 PM

KID PHRASES FTW

btw ufc isn´t very technical it´s more like punching and kicking the fuck out of your opponent

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Ok, you like the faster paced stuff. Get it. Some of us like the technical aspect of it. Just learn to deal, man.

*Is it me, or has this derailed into an Alberto Del Rio thread.

it´s a tradition in EWN to derail threads :D

Amerinaine
12-15-2011, 11:24 PM

If I wanted to watch UFC I would watch UFC.

You want to know what is so awesome about the WWE. They cater to all aspects of wrestling fans. You like fast paced. You'll get that. If you like technical. Well guess what? You can have that too. Sometimes the styles clash in the ring. That is alright too. Flaming people's opinions though is pretty darn impish though.

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 11:31 PM
If I wanted to watch UFC I would watch UFC.

You want to know what is so awesome about the WWE. They cater to all aspects of wrestling fans. You like fast paced. You'll get that. If you like technical. Well guess what? You can have that too. Sometimes the styles clash in the ring. That is alright too. Flaming people's opinions though is pretty darn impish though.

I'd say the majority of the WWE audience likes the fast paced stuff more though

or atleast matches without long ass time spent laying on the ground

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:32 PM
I'd say the majority of the WWE audience likes the fast paced stuff more though

or atleast matches without long ass time spent laying on the ground

kids? i see alot of member like myself like the technichal sense of it and yeah you did flame be careful mate

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 11:36 PM
kids? i see alot of member like myself like the technichal sense of it and yeah you did flame be careful mate

I didn't "flame" I gave my opinion
the "members" on here barely present even %2 of the WWE audience

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I didn't "flame" I gave my opinion
the "members" on here barely present even %2 of the WWE audience

you said grow the fuck up when i was only joking no worrys though

dtavares3467
12-15-2011, 11:57 PM
you said grow the fuck up when i was only joking no worrys though

You said I'm gonna be a victim,... on an internet wrestling forum... seriously?... lol
but yeah sorry I tend to get fired up talking about this stuff hahah

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 11:58 PM
You said I'm gonna be a victim,... on an internet wrestling forum... seriously?... lol
but yeah sorry I tend to get fired up talking about this stuff hahah

lot of bryan lovers here that´s why i said it lol

dtavares3467
12-16-2011, 12:01 AM
lot of bryan lovers here that´s why i said it lol

Fair enough, they can try to "victimize" me but I don't care hahah

I just personally don't see the appeal in Del rio OR Bryan as main eventers

pauadrian
12-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Fair enough, they can try to "victimize" me but I don't care hahah

I just personally don't see the appeal in Del rio OR Bryan as main eventers

it´s your opinion and thanks for heñlping me derail this thread

Dr. Death
12-16-2011, 12:10 AM

I'll have you know that UFC is a helluva better than wrestling as far as matches goes. It's real, whereas pro wrestling is fake. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking to watch pro wrestling matches and cheer for wrestlers who have technical aspects, if they don't then they shouldn't be in the business. So get real boy, child, or kid - whatever you are and quit your snobbish attitude.

dtavares3467
12-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I'll have you know that UFC is a helluva better than wrestling as far as matches goes. It's real, whereas pro wrestling is fake. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking to watch pro wrestling matches and cheer for wrestlers who have technical aspects, if they don't then they shouldn't be in the business. So get real boy, child, or kid - whatever you are and quit your snobbish attitude.

lmao, most people I talk to who are not on this forum say they stopped watching wrestling when it became more "sports (which it's fale)" and less entertainment so whatever man

pauadrian
12-16-2011, 12:30 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/926495_o.gif

The Expendable
12-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Sorry I'm going with del Rio, I think that's one of the good thing about the IWC, nobody is never goint to be agree with you, in my opinion punk is boring as hell and Rhodes overact every damn promo but for some people they're the best.

Dr. Death
12-16-2011, 10:15 AM
lmao, most people I talk to who are not on this forum say they stopped watching wrestling when it became more "sports (which it's fale)" and less entertainment so whatever man

I know it must be tough for you and your friend in the 4th grade to understand the logic here so I'll put it simply so you can follow.

Produced By Short Bus Productions LLC: https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCoSshBcWfErxQKZ_F7n8xbbEW6bVo-aSa09Ycc3McTesW2oDY
Title: Why Little Jimmies Like Wrestling:
Written by: Dr. Death
Special Short Bus Thanks goes to: dtavares3467, and all the other Elementary School kids that like to watch wrestling but have no clue as to why.
Definition of Wrestling: wres·tling/ˈres(ə)liNG/
Noun:
The sport or activity of grappling with an opponent and trying to throw or hold them down on the ground, typically according to a code...
Synonyms:
wrestle - struggle - fight - tussle - battle - grapple

In today's world of sports entertainment there are a lot of viewers that get hooked on the sport of wrestling, but do not understand the simple basics. To them it's real or just a comedy sketch. There are numerous talents in place in "sports entertainment", or wrestling as we like to call it, that perform to gain notoriety and fame in the industry. To do this the wrestler in question has to develop certain skills in order to achieve even the smallest of praises and TV time from the company for whom they work under.

Some of the skills required are as follows:

1. Mic Work - The use of a microphone using speech and words to sell a promo or feud, thus enabling interest in the product the company is offering.
2. Gimmick - The ruse or way the wrestler performing portrays himself/herself. Whether it's a heel or a face, a good gimmick is needed to keep viewers interested in the product.
3. Story Lines - A good story is what captivates the interest of the viewers and brings them back again and again thus producing good ratings for the company so they may remain in business.
4. Diversity - A wide range of diversity is needed in the roster of the company in order to reach out to as many viewers as possible so that they remain loyal to the product.
5. Wrestling Ability and Styles - This can be Technical, Power, High Flying, Quick, Slow, or a mixture of all of them.
6. Selling Point - A wrestler, whether it be a Diva or a Man, must have the ability to sell their opponents move set so as to make it look devastating, while at the same time providing safety to themselves and their opponents so they may perform throughout their rigorous schedule.

If a wrestler has some of these skills, but not all of them then they have little chance of being in the Main Events of their respective companies TV and PPV shows. Of all these the foremost one, the one that they must be able to do above all others, is #5. They must have decent wrestling ability and style, then #6, they must be able to sell the moves. All the other skill sets can be modified and adapted to throughout the wrestlers career.

Let us look the facts in the eye here. If a wrestler cannot wrestle or put on a good show, people will lose interest in the product and the ratings will drop. What good is mic work and gimmicks and build up to matches through story-lines, if the wrestling match itself is terrible? It's not good at all, not for the company, and not for the wrestler. True entertainment can only be gained through a working knowledge of how to perform and wrestle, making it much more likely that a good match will take place, thus ensuring continued viewership. Without the match a person might as well watch Oprah.

Thanks for reading, or having it read to you if you still cannot follow. The End.

Footnote: For those wondering, yes there is a real Corporation called Short Bus Productions LLC. Here's a link to get more info.
http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Winter-Haven/short-bus-productions-llc/26217252.aspx
(c)Copyright: All Rights To Related Material Are Reserved/Aka Dr. Death

BlazersDozen
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Cena versus Kane at TLC. Vince wouldn't allow anyone to make Cena look weak which is what would happen if Cena didn't do something about Kane choke slamming him on Monday.

Rassling_Fan
12-16-2011, 10:45 AM
You're against used videogames? That's just stupid. The millionaire corporations lose a few more million, who cares?

This is less about corporations making money and more about getting more of the games you like. For example, I'm a fan of the Ace Attorney Series. Because they don't sell well, it gets harder and harder to have them released in the states (as AAI2 is made but not translated). Used copies don't count for them as sales so they see that franchise as not worth bringing over.

That's why there are so many First Person Shooters yet so little other type of games.

In this case, if Punk is Champion and headlining without Cena, it'll show if he can be marketable on his own because Cena (as far as the casual fan goes) is not on the card. If the PPV buyrates stay the same (or even better improve), they'll see Punk as a guy who can make money for them. If it is low, then they'll see Cena is still needed to improve buyrates.

pauadrian
12-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Sorry I'm going with del Rio, I think that's one of the good thing about the IWC, nobody is never goint to be agree with you, in my opinion punk is boring as hell and Rhodes overact every damn promo but for some people they're the best.

now we have a damn problem lol

Automatic
12-17-2011, 05:25 PM
KID PHRASES FTW

btw ufc isn´t very technical it´s more like punching and kicking the fuck out of your opponent

Ok, that is bullshit, there can be a very technical fight in UFC, it's not just punching and wait whoever gets gassed out first or knocked out first. You can have a marvelous battle on the ground, with both guys using their Jiu-Jitsu to move into better positions to get into mount position or a position where they can hook in a submission. Striking is the same, you need to punch smart. That means you need to punch with enough power, speed and place at the right time and you need to watch your guard, it's not just aiming at the head and hoping that you are lucky.

Not enough build up is a big reason why the buyrate won't be very high. Most of the PPVs in the middle of this year have had much better build up than the ones we've seen in the past few months.

True and Cena might be off the card in what could be an experiment for them to see how much Punk draws. I just hope for him they don't blame him for the low number.