PDA

View Full Version : What about a face stable ?!!!

PSOjedi
12-14-2011, 06:29 AM
When was the last time we saw a face stable ?

Why always heel stables :confused:

Steve Austin
12-14-2011, 06:34 AM
The Hart Dynasty was the last one I think!

Yeah they should have one IMO. It would be good, they could feud with Hunico and Co.

APPLE were the last one if they count ;)

tchocky360
12-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Stables tend to want power and to control a brand. It's a heelish trait. Faces are happier just to play nice and maybe win a belt.
They are less concerned with domination like a Evolution, SES or Nexus would be I think.
Even if they do want to get something they tend to do it by fairly and by themselves.

PSOjedi
12-14-2011, 06:55 AM
The Hart Dynasty was the last one I think!

Yeah they should have one IMO. It would be good, they could feud with Hunico and Co.

APPLE were the last one if they count ;)
The Hart Dynasty was not a stable for me it was just a "team" for a few months. Nothing important in the WWE unfortunately

Apple.............. lol :-D

I guess the Spirit Squad was the last face stable ^^ lol

Tommy Thunder
12-14-2011, 07:05 AM
The Hart Dynasty was not a stable for me it was just a "team" for a few months. Nothing important in the WWE unfortunately

Apple.............. lol :-D

I guess the Spirit Squad was the last face stable ^^ lol

The Spirit Squad were heels dude.

PSOjedi
12-14-2011, 07:07 AM
You're damn right ^^ lol

Tommy Thunder
12-14-2011, 07:10 AM
You're damn right ^^ lol

Please allow me to post this here, for the lulz XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdFJG6An45o

PSOjedi
12-14-2011, 07:20 AM
I would love to see Zack Ryder, cutting a promo at TLC and remember Ziggler of this..... That would be Epic !!! Ziggler would be mad ! Imagine that video on the titantron....lol :o

Robstar
12-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Stables tend to want power and to control a brand. It's a heelish trait. Faces are happier just to play nice and maybe win a belt.
They are less concerned with domination like a Evolution, SES or Nexus would be I think.
Even if they do want to get something they tend to do it by fairly and by themselves.

Firstly, great topic. I'd not reeally considered that before now, but yes. It does seem that there is only heel stables these days.

Heel stables are more effective because there's more people to root against for the same simple reason - you hate one, you hate all. Not absolute, but generally.

A face stable means you need to have all these faces on the same page - and that's long term writing that WWE doesn't currently do. Heels can change week to week - simply because they're HEELS. What they do doesn't have to make sense, just as long as it pisses A.J.Mark off.

I'd be all for it, if they could get it done. Right. Like when they tried to bring Cryme Tyme together with Cena. There could have been so much there. But they lost faith (as they do with so many angles) and shot themselves in the foot. That's just an example. There's more, Hart Dynasty included, that had so much more promise

Tommy Thunder
12-14-2011, 07:43 AM
I would love to see Zack Ryder, cutting a promo at TLC and remember Ziggler of this..... That would be Epic !!! Ziggler would be mad ! Imagine that video on the titantron....lol :o

If Ryder does that, then I'd suggest he use this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WklKOk4z1HA&feature=related

CM_SUXX_NOT
12-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Your sig Robstar, I don't think that type of modelling suits her to be honest

Mikeyboy7777777
12-14-2011, 08:06 AM
i think if there will be a face stable competing with the hunico epico&primo & rosa stable that it should be the usos for tag team competition it should also add sin cara and maybe alicia fox since i'd like her in a stable:D

Y2Jryder
12-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Stables are a heel thing.
If faces form a stable it's because to stop another stable.
Like in TNA with fortune and immortal
or..........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXwgy4ItchU&feature=related

Cabers
12-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Yea these aren't very common now are they and they always end up with at least one member turning heel. TNA gave the most recent example with Fortune with Daniels and then Roode.

TheWonderKid
12-14-2011, 09:13 AM

I dunno, I feel like they're coming away from this. They've been forced to make CM Punk a face, even though he talks and acts like a heel. If this becomes a trend, you could absolutely see a great stable of faces.

tchocky360
12-14-2011, 09:41 AM
I dunno, I feel like they're coming away from this. They've been forced to make CM Punk a face, even though he talks and acts like a heel. If this becomes a trend, you could absolutely see a great stable of faces.

I don't think he does act like a heel. He doesn't disrespect the crowd, in fact they all cheer him, he's making fun of Johnny Ace, that's another crowd pleasing act. He's being ganged up on by two actual heels in the Miz and Del Rio..
The only way he is un-face like, is in using the exposed turnbuckle against Del Rio, but that was more taking advantage of something that Del Rio tried against him first.

People say he's a tweener, but he's def leaning towards the face side of that line.

I'd use the rule of thumb, is he more likely be in a tag match with Cena or against him.

malvec
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
i think if there will be a face stable competing with the hunico epico&primo & rosa stable that it should be the usos for tag team competition it should also add sin cara and maybe alicia fox since i'd like her in a stable:D

I would replace Alicia Fox w/Layla. It would be a great way to bring her back. Plus her hotness is ridiculous.

Blinker
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I struggle trying to remember the last note worthy (NOT APPLE) face stable. I think it would have to be DX (Road Dogg, Billy, Xpac, HHH, China).

^^^ Correct.

The only 2 ways I see having a face stable work is if they are a type of anti-establishment/anti-hero set or be a counter stable. They need to be united against a cause. You can have them be a stable against a heel stable like Y2Jrider said, but then the stable is done when the heel stable is done. The "anti" way would let them fight against something (Vince, John, Drugs, whatever) and can potentially hold that for a very long time. I could have seen Punk having a very good anti-establishment stable right after Money in the Bank.

The Brown One
12-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Like Ryder got over with the fans, and turned face in the process, I think The Midcard Mafia can do the same thing! It consists of heels like Reks and Tyson Kidd, but they have talent and IMO put on better matches than the main rosters. The WWE should consider pushing them as a face stable, under another name. As long as it doesn't go on forever like a TNA stable, it will be interesting to see.

Please allow me to post this here, for the lulz XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdFJG6An45o

Hey! The Spirit Squad were awesome! Especially NICKY!!!!!

Giddy
12-14-2011, 11:25 AM
I would replace Alicia Fox w/Layla. It would be a great way to bring her back. Plus her hotness is ridiculous.
You're sig is so good I don't even have words to describe it...

PSOjedi
12-14-2011, 12:19 PM
same here. I can not turn my eyes off this sig !! ^^

SESAfro
12-14-2011, 12:38 PM
It's drool inducing.

The Apple I forgot about the next week. I wouldn't even consider that a stable. lol Though a face stable would sound pretty awesome.

malvec
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I thank you sir.

rtb227
12-14-2011, 02:51 PM
In wwe, the last face stable I can remember is dx. Stables usually overpower their opponents by numbers so it is kind of hard to be a face stable unless done well.

Robstar
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Your sig Robstar, I don't think that type of modelling suits her to be honest

I respectfully disagree ;)

IrkenInvader
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM
The closest you could get is a joke stable. Santino 'n friends.

HCollins-TNA1
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM

John Cena and Cryme Tyme..

hankamania83
12-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I think it would be cool to see a face stable kind of like the Klique, except instead of it being an inside thing, they should make it more known on t.v..... having them all get each others backs, and maybe having a good tag-team in the mix.

HCollins-TNA1
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
I think it would be cool to see a face stable kind of like the Klique, except instead of it being an inside thing, they should make it more known on t.v..... having them all get each others backs, and maybe having a good tag-team in the mix.

Just so sad there really no strong heel stables right now.... a strong face stable would work....

VanHooliganX
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Bring back A.P.P.L.E!

Murphdogg4
12-15-2011, 02:38 PM
it's hard to make a face stable work because what get's the heels over is ganging up on the face, and it doesn't make the face look weak when he get's beat down or cheated. But if he has a stable behind him and still get's hood winked or jumped he looks weak. First Face Stable I remember was STings Dudes with attitudes in wcw in the late 80's...a dismal failure despite the genius name..when face stables do work it's because they are facing a bigger heel stable so they are still outgunned like the Horsemen vs the NWO or DX vs the corporate ministry.

HCollins-TNA1
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
it's hard to make a face stable work because what get's the heels over is ganging up on the face, and it doesn't make the face look weak when he get's beat down or cheated. But if he has a stable behind him and still get's hood winked or jumped he looks weak. First Face Stable I remember was STings Dudes with attitudes in wcw in the late 80's...a dismal failure despite the genius name..when face stables do work it's because they are facing a bigger heel stable so they are still outgunned like the Horsemen vs the NWO or DX vs the corporate ministry.
You forgetting the Superpowers and Road Warriors who feud with the 4 Horsemen during the mid 80s I remember many 8 man tags or even 10 man tags....

Murphdogg4
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM
You forgetting the Superpowers and Road Warriors who feud with the 4 Horsemen during the mid 80s I remember many 8 man tags or even 10 man tags....

Hc can never forget about them, that was my favorite time in wrestling..But I always considered them tag teams and not stables.

Murphdogg4
12-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Dusty had the same skill Hogan had at attaching himself to whoever was over at the time..

HCollins-TNA1
12-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Hc can never forget about them, that was my favorite time in wrestling..But I always considered them tag teams and not stables.

Well that is a classic example of 2 tag teams that made a great stable....
Although Dusty also tagged with Magnum TA and Manny Fernandez and Sam Houston and Rock n Roll Express as well against the Horsemen, but never really set up a true stable until the Superpowers and Road Warriors came together..

Murphdogg4
12-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Well that is a classic example of 2 tag teams that made a great stable....
Although Dusty also tagged with Magnum TA and Manny Fernandez and Sam Houston and Rock n Roll Express as well against the Horsemen, but never really set up a true stable until the Superpowers and Road Warriors came together..

Hc these new fans who pine for the attitude era have no idea that the era were talking about was waaaaay better.