SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

YOUR THOUGHTS???

wrestlingfan66513
12-12-2011, 11:09 PM
if cm-punk didn't win i would be shocked and never watch wwe again,
glad he is :

SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

YOUR THOUGHTS???

There's no way you would quit watching if Punk lost. People say stuff like that all the time and don't mean it. But it's good Punk won.

Giddy
12-12-2011, 11:25 PM
There's no way you would quit watching if Punk lost. People say stuff like that all the time and don't mean it. But it's good Punk won.
Exactly. If he lost I'd be dissapointed, but I wouldn't vow never to watch WWE again

Broc
12-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Really?....... Really?.... Really, stop watching WWE over a slammy award, Really?

lol, the fact that someone here would actually say they would "stop watching WWE" if someone didn't win a slammy award is pretty pathetic, just proves how everyone is on the Punk bandwagon, lol, in all honesty, I don't even think Punk should have won, I think the Miz had a better overall year than him, but Punk would be in 2nd, but come on, you know as well as the first two people that posted in this thread that if Punk didn't win that award, you would still be watching now

The Brown One
12-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Agree with broc. The Miz had an overall better year. But I'm glad they didn't do something stupid and give Cena the award again.

Broc
12-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Agree with broc. The Miz had an overall better year. But I'm glad they didn't do something stupid and give Cena the award again.

If Cena won the award I could understand why someone would want to stop watching lol, and also Del Rio could be pretty highly considered on that list as well, MITB winner, RR winner, and WWE champion twice, so maybe you could even put him over Miz and Punk depending on how you look at it

The Expendable
12-13-2011, 03:07 AM
Albero del Rio made some awesome things this year, I don't like Punk as much as del Rio.

Tommy Thunder
12-13-2011, 04:00 AM
There's not much debate in that Punk and Miz were the 2 that deserved the award, with del Rio coming in in a firm third place.

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-13-2011, 04:16 AM
I wholeheartedly believe that the right man won. Yes, The Miz held the Championship until WrestleMania and WALKED OUT as Champion as well. Then the next month he beat the absolute shit out of Cena, and tapped like a bitch within two seconds of Cena applying the STF. Then, he had a weird couple months just toiling around and was paired with R-Truth. That was decent but, what did they really accomplish? They were fired, brought back and got to go in the ring with The Rock... okay, they only got it because there wasn't another team other than them who were "super heel". The Miz became a second class citizen VERY quickly in 2011 toward the middle of the year. He's picked it back up again now but, it's too late IMO for him to have had that, "golden" year.

CM Punk on the other hand had an industry changing promo, TOOK THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP from the company, forced them to make another person Champion, John Cena was beaten TWICE in a row by the same guy, CM Punk. And he's now a two time WWE Champion. He's single handedly changed how the WWE is looked at in a more "reality" based look. With Ryder taking the online mantle and Punk taking the TV mantle, all things social media revolved around them. Punk made people interested in the WWE again... MitB buyrates were pretty high and DVD sales were higher... NO ONE thought he'd actually LEAVE the company with the Championship.. and then go to various places with it while "not employed"... it was all fresh and bad ass.

I agree that Del Rio was a FIRM third place for all of the reasons implied... he had a damn fine year but, it was VERY downplayed. He won all of these major things in 2011 but, it's all just pretty much brushed over. Royal Rumble, Money In The Bank, Two time WWE Champion... he's got a lot of credentials now but, they make it seem like nothing was done on his end... which is in all honesty very discouraging.

Tommy Thunder
12-13-2011, 04:19 AM
I wholeheartedly believe that the right man won. Yes, The Miz held the Championship until WrestleMania and WALKED OUT as Champion as well. Then the next month he beat the absolute shit out of Cena, and tapped like a bitch within two seconds of Cena applying the STF. Then, he had a weird couple months just toiling around and was paired with R-Truth. That was decent but, what did they really accomplish? They were fired, brought back and got to go in the ring with The Rock... okay, they only got it because there wasn't another team other than them who were "super heel". The Miz became a second class citizen VERY quickly in 2011 toward the middle of the year. He's picked it back up again now but, it's too late IMO for him to have had that, "golden" year.

CM Punk on the other hand had an industry changing promo, TOOK THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP from the company, forced them to make another person Champion, John Cena was beaten TWICE in a row by the same guy, CM Punk. And he's now a two time WWE Champion. He's single handedly changed how the WWE is looked at in a more "reality" based look. With Ryder taking the online mantle and Punk taking the TV mantle, all things social media revolved around them. Punk made people interested in the WWE again... MitB buyrates were pretty high and DVD sales were higher... NO ONE thought he'd actually LEAVE the company with the Championship.. and then go to various places with it while "not employed"... it was all fresh and bad ass.

I agree that Del Rio was a FIRM third place for all of the reasons implied... he had a damn fine year but, it was VERY downplayed. He won all of these major things in 2011 but, it's all just pretty much brushed over. Royal Rumble, Money In The Bank, Two time WWE Champion... he's got a lot of credentials now but, they make it seem like nothing was done on his end... which is in all honesty very discouraging.

I was going to write something along the same lines, but I need bed lol!
I don't think I could have said it better myself though. The right guy won at the end of the day.