PDA

View Full Version : Michael Cole annoying

KactusJak
12-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Is it just me, or is this thing with Cole getting way too annoying ? I understand it's part of several story lines going on right now but the way he goes on and on, and on, and on.......... get's real old, quick

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Is it just me, or is this thing with Cole getting way too annoying ? I understand it's part of several story lines going on right now but the way he goes on and on, and on, and on.......... get's real old, quick

I agree, they either need to just make him a manager, or just make him shut the hell up

Dashing Rachel
12-10-2011, 07:26 PM
The reason why Michael Cole is still employed by the WWE is because he's Vince McMahon's favorite announcer.

FutureEyes
12-10-2011, 07:54 PM
He's my favorite announce too lol, he cracks me up. JR & King don't even say anything nowadays. Matthews is eh he'll get better. I like Booker T too & everyone always complains about how they can't understand him. How did you understand him when he was a wrestler? Guess my tastes are a lot different from most of the iwc.

A.Graham
12-10-2011, 08:01 PM
All of the announcing in both WWE and TNA is awful. No one actually talks about the match anymore they just bitch and moan at each other.

Peter Kaymakcian
12-10-2011, 08:15 PM
I wanted to kill Micheal Cole yesterday while watching Smackdown!. Seriously he makes it really hard to watch Raw and Smackdown!

300pills
12-10-2011, 08:45 PM
if cole is annoying and making you hate him then he's doing his job great. he's there for you to be annoyed.

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 08:48 PM
if cole is annoying and making you hate him then he's doing his job great. he's there for you to be annoyed.

There is a difference between "Wow I really hope someone gives this guy what he's got coming"
and
"Holy shit, this guy is so annoying that I am not finishing watching Raw this week."

if he is doing the first, then yes that is his job. However, more and more he is doing the second, which is the exact opposite of his job.

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Here's Michael Cole at his best:

http://th109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/armybratgurl500/Funny%20WWE%20Pics/th_MichaelColeGlasshole.gif

Comedy Relief.

Slivon
12-10-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't think you all understand, if he makes all of you feel like this then he is hands down doing what he gets paid to do

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't think you all understand, if he makes all of you feel like this then he is hands down doing what he gets paid to do

There is a difference between "Wow I really hope someone gives this guy what he's got coming"
and
"Holy shit, this guy is so annoying that I am not finishing watching Raw this week."

if he is doing the first, then yes that is his job. However, more and more he is doing the second, which is the exact opposite of his job.

Y2JLionsault
12-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes I find him ridiculously annoying and unbearable, but I get that it's his job. The problem I have is that 98% of the time he isn't talking about the match at hand. He is trying to argue with King or Booker or talking up a bigger feud. If you were watching a basketball game and most of the time the commentators are talking about the Lakers when their not in the match, would you not get annoyed?

Rassling_Fan
12-10-2011, 11:31 PM
I didn't mind Micheal Cole before this heel turn. It got interesting when it was used to build up Daniel Bryan and when he won the US Title against Miz and Morrison, Cole admitted Bryan's skill. But it continued on and becoming more annoying. Now it's unbearable. I rather hear Taz and Booker T read War and Peace with "A" "O" and "R" missing in the entire book than Cole talk.

I'm contemplating watching WWE on mute from now on...

justin sane
12-10-2011, 11:47 PM
he was particuarly annoying on smackdown this week. i can usually ignore it but not this time

The Brown One
12-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Just try to watch the match instead of listen to the commentary. It works for me sometimes!
But he seriously needs to get another position or retire, because he can't commentate for shit. Replace him with the younger, better, Josh Matthews on Raw. And have Cole on Smackdown with Booker and they can argue and crack jokes with each other all they want.

Peter Kaymakcian
12-11-2011, 12:36 AM
and

You are a reposter! Hey everyone check out this reposter! lol

eyehatecena
12-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I honestly turn down the volume most of the time- only to turn it up when some else is doing a promo.

Melevolent 27
12-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Remember the days when the commentators would commentate on the in ring action, and just in passing mention something larger going on in the orginisation... they were the same days that the commentators knew the move names and call them as they were happening, and not the made up names that each superstar calls his own move, the real names. Also the commentators were a small part of the show, and did not take away from the in ring action, now it seems the tide has turned, and they will blab on about whatever it is they are told to while the mid-carders are putting on a decent match, but because of poor commentating the match is just background vision while we are hearing an arguement about some crap that is totally unrelated to the match, and it really takes away alot of the enjoyment of the show, usually the middle.
This must not be the direction that Vince wants his company to continue down. The contiuned treatment of we the viewer as morons is givin me the shits.

The Brown One
12-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Remember the days when the commentators would commentate on the in ring action, and just in passing mention something larger going on in the orginisation... they were the same days that the commentators knew the move names and call them as they were happening, and not the made up names that each superstar calls his own move, the real names. Also the commentators were a small part of the show, and did not take away from the in ring action, now it seems the tide has turned, and they will blab on about whatever it is they are told to while the mid-carders are putting on a decent match, but because of poor commentating the match is just background vision while we are hearing an arguement about some crap that is totally unrelated to the match, and it really takes away alot of the enjoyment of the show, usually the middle.
This must not be the direction that Vince wants his company to continue down. The contiuned treatment of we the viewer as morons is givin me the shits.

Good post and you're absolutely right. I hope someone with more sense takes over when Vince retires in a few years.

The Peep
12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I used to think Cole was funny, but like the Midcard Mafia said, he keeps taking peoples spots. But commentary now is a low blow anyway, with Booker T droning on and nobody knows what he's talking about, and Cole just yelling a lot about nothing. SAVE US JOSH MATTHEWS!

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM

i dont get it when people say that yes if he makes you hate him he's doing he's job. when he makes you feel like not watching the show he's on I dont understand how it can be good for buisness to have people not want to watch anymore. JBL was fucking passionate & at times he got annoying but watchable Cole seriously ruins wrestling for me. He said on smackdown is he the only 1 who knows the real names of wrestling hold so why does he never say what moves there doing he just says Bryans a nerd, Cody's greay, Miz is Great, Alberto's great yet says he;s unbiased bullshit. sorry for ranting but if it doesn't change soon i'm muting matches from now on

eyehatecena
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Good post and you're absolutely right. I hope someone with more sense takes over when Vince retires in a few years.
I was just about to qoute the poster before you and say the same thing you did. Sadly I think they will continue doing the same thing,. Its all about ratings, all about high PPV buyrates- so they will just keep pushing and pushing and keep doing a piss poor job on commentating. If it were me, I would just have Matthews and Striker- and get rid of everyone else. Cole has just been given too much TV time for all sorts of crap while other actual wrestlers have lost tv time. On SD this past friday I could have done without the Bryan Danielson/Cole segment and would have rather watched a segment for something they scrapped from the broadcast the Nattie/Beth/AJ/Katlyin segment. Don't get me wrong, Danielson is one of my favs- but they could have just had him do a promo, wrestle a match, etc- but kept Cole out of it.

eyehatecena
12-11-2011, 12:20 PM
i dont get it when people say that yes if he makes you hate him he's doing he's job. when he makes you feel like not watching the show he's on I dont understand how it can be good for buisness to have people not want to watch anymore. JBL was fucking passionate & at times he got annoying but watchable Cole seriously ruins wrestling for me. He said on smackdown is he the only 1 who knows the real names of wrestling hold so why does he never say what moves there doing he just says Bryans a nerd, Cody's greay, Miz is Great, Alberto's great yet says he;s unbiased bullshit. sorry for ranting but if it doesn't change soon i'm muting matches from now on

I'm already doing that, or at least turning the volume down until I want to hear somebodies promo

Grind_Bastard
12-11-2011, 12:46 PM
I was just about to qoute the poster before you and say the same thing you did. Sadly I think they will continue doing the same thing,. Its all about ratings, all about high PPV buyrates- so they will just keep pushing and pushing and keep doing a piss poor job on commentating. If it were me, I would just have Matthews and Striker - and get rid of everyone else. Cole has just been given too much TV time for all sorts of crap while other actual wrestlers have lost tv time. On SD this past friday I could have done without the Bryan Danielson/Cole segment and would have rather watched a segment for something they scrapped from the broadcast the Nattie/Beth/AJ/Katlyin segment. Don't get me wrong, Danielson is one of my favs- but they could have just had him do a promo, wrestle a match, etc- but kept Cole out of it.

Bolded is the only part I disagree. I like Booker, and Regal is doing commentary in FCW (I may be wrong on the show, but he's commenting) and Regal's cool.

Y2Jryder
12-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Michael Cole is the man

eyehatecena
12-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Bolded is the only part I disagree. I like Booker, and Regal is doing commentary in FCW (I may be wrong on the show, but he's commenting) and Regal's cool.
Yeah, Regal would be a great addition to the table- or hell just have him call Raw and SD himself. I like Booker too, I think its just that I do not like him annoucing with Cole. If it were just Booker and Josh, or even Booker and Regal that would be cool.
But yeah, they need to put Regal on annoucing duties, maybe make Cole just a manager

TwoTone
12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I miss Matt Striker. He was entertaining and he knew what he was talking about

Peter Kaymakcian
12-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I think the problem with Cole is that he is really an arrogant @$$hole, so he is just being himself here. Now as a manager that would be fantastic because it minimizes his effect with the show which would help make him more bearable. However if the WWE wants to keep him as an announcer than the WWE has to cut him down a little bit. Seriously if I was a main eventer like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, or anyone I would lay out Micheal Cole for all the sh#t he is talking. I think it takes away from these wrestlers to just allow someone like Cole to run his mouth about them. It isn't like he is just picking against them, he is bad mouthing them and wrestlers shouldn't take it.

pauadrian
12-11-2011, 03:27 PM
wasn´t this discussed like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000009 times already?

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
wasn´t this discussed like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000009 times already?

As I've said, on a long enough time line, the same old shit comes back up!! :p

pauadrian
12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
As I've said, on a long enough time line, the same old shit comes back up!! :p

we have cena threads
cole threads
rock threads
cm punk threads
it begins threads

get your threads here only 1 dollar they grow by themselves

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
we have cena threads
cole threads
rock threads
cm punk threads
it begins threads

get your threads here only 1 dollar they grow by themselves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZxWEvqxes&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3DStewie%2Bfind%2Byour%2Bpenis%26oq%3DSte wie%2Bfind%2Byour%2Bpenis%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql% 3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D574l12454l0l12786l19l19l 0l11l11l0l283l1771l0.3.5l8l0

pauadrian
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZxWEvqxes&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3DStewie%2Bfind%2Byour%2Bpenis%26oq%3DSte wie%2Bfind%2Byour%2Bpenis%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql% 3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D574l12454l0l12786l19l19l 0l11l11l0l283l1771l0.3.5l8l0

i thought it actually wnet that long ntil i saw the editing

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
i thought it actually wnet that long ntil i saw the editing

Ha!! That would be hilarious! :D