PDA

View Full Version : Santino Marella

Broc
12-10-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't even know what to think of this guy anymore, he has obviously made some major improvements in the past 2 years, but he's always just been that comedy jobber, that or in the tag team division, do you guys see anything in Santino?

I honestly really want him to change his gimmick because I think if he had a new gimmick, maybe even drop the accent, he could go somewhere in the WWE, but the question is, does he even want a gimmick change? I honestly think he's probably happy where he is, but I just think he can get so much farther, and with a new gimmick he could be taken seriously

so my question is, if Santino had more of a serious gimmick, could you see him being a star in the WWE?

Steve Austin
12-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I did like him as a comedy act and I enjoy his funny segments/promos but I am not a fan of his matches, I aint saying he isn't good but keep the comedy in the segments not in the matches. Also he's let his hair go. He should cut that bad boy.

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't even know what to think of this guy anymore, he has obviously made some major improvements in the past 2 years, but he's always just been that comedy jobber, that or in the tag team division, do you guys see anything in Santino?

I honestly really want him to change his gimmick because I think if he had a new gimmick, maybe even drop the accent, he could go somewhere in the WWE, but the question is, does he even want a gimmick change? I honestly think he's probably happy where he is, but I just think he can get so much farther, and with a new gimmick he could be taken seriously

so my question is, if Santino had more of a serious gimmick, could you see him being a star in the WWE?

I have always been a bit of a Santino fan, because I find him entertaining, and I think professional wrestling needs to have a guy or two like that to keep them grounded.

I think with enough time off of tv, and a full repackage he could become a dominant force around the midcard and be believable. I also believe that he doesn't really want to be repackaged, he seems perfectly happy to be where he is now, and is good enough at making other people look good that I don't think it will be a passing thing.

Giddy
12-10-2011, 06:33 PM
He was good as a heel in Glamerella, but went downhill from there (Miss Wrestlemania)

jethro
12-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Santino is a natural when it comes to comedy segment,I believe he want to showcase more of his skills other than split leg,hiptoss,raise the roof and then cobra.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I've heard a few say that he's a really good wrestler!! I'd like to see his gimmick changed and given a chance, If that's the case!!

VanHooliganX
12-10-2011, 06:43 PM
He was good as a heel in Glamerella, but went downhill from there (Miss Wrestlemania)

That was his sister, Santina ;) lol

twoot2
12-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I think Santino is hilarious he sure is a class act when it comes to a comedy segment or promo but i feel his gimmick is not good enough to be taken seriously when it comes to a match but i do feel if he changes his gimmick and takes the funny side away from him and puts on good matches he can make something of himself.

S.E. Zero
12-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I've heard a few say that he's a really good wrestler!! I'd like to see his gimmick changed and given a chance, If that's the case!!

I liked him as Boris Alexiev in OVW, here's his titantron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHPZx-Ryg60

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I liked him as Boris Alexiev in OVW, here's his titantron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHPZx-Ryg60

Wow! I've not seen that, didn't really follow OVW! Looks like he could really do some damage! Wouldn't mind them giving him a go at this!!

Tommy Thunder
12-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Santino is a VERY good wrestler. It's a shae that he's been reduced to the comedy act he is now. But he's good at that, and the fans love him.

I don't think he needs to change his Italian gimmick, I think he just needs to go back to the serious competitor he was before, when he was the IC champ. That Santino rocked IMO.

Tomsta666
12-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Wasn't Santinos very first match an IC match. Which he won!!

*** TROMBONE ****

S.E. Zero
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Wow! I've not seen that, didn't really follow OVW! Looks like he could really do some damage! Wouldn't mind them giving him a go at this!!

Not too many did but back then there were a few characters I followed like Chet Jablonski and such, some of the best gimmicks WWE talents had before they stepped foot in the WWE ring where in these developmental companies. Marella was defeinitely one of them.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Not too many did but back then there were a few characters I followed like Chet Jablonski and such, some of the best gimmicks WWE talents had before they stepped foot in the WWE ring where in these developmental companies. Marella was defeinitely one of them.

Yup, which is why I follow FCW so much these days!! Great matches!!

S.E. Zero
12-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Yup, which is why I follow FCW so much these days!! Great matches!!

Very true, I've enjoyed FCW quite a lot these past few months.

Broc
12-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Santino is a VERY good wrestler. It's a shae that he's been reduced to the comedy act he is now. But he's good at that, and the fans love him.

I don't think he needs to change his Italian gimmick, I think he just needs to go back to the serious competitor he was before, when he was the IC champ. That Santino rocked IMO.

and add that to all of the improvements he's made in the ring since then, I think he would be able to go very far in WWE

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Very true, I've enjoyed FCW quite a lot these past few months.

To be honest, I've enjoyed some of the shows more than the 'Main' shows!! Loving Regal's commentary too! Some good talent, who must be main roster bound, in the not too distant future!!

S.E. Zero
12-10-2011, 08:00 PM
To be honest, I've enjoyed some of the shows more than the 'Main' shows!! Loving Regal's commentary too! Some good talent, who must be main roster bound, in the not too distant future!!

Soon as the Future Endeavoured hammer starts to swing I'm sure some of them will be brought up, just as long as they dont get stuck in NXT they should fare well in the WWE if used right.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Soon as the Future Endeavoured hammer starts to swing I'm sure some of them will be brought up, just as long as they dont get stuck in NXT they should fare well in the WWE if used right.

Oh God, I hope they don't get snared by NXT!! That place is like Limbo, for wrestlers! :D

There are some potential future, top stars in FCW!!

Y2JLionsault
12-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I think he should keep the gimmick he has right now but incorporate some of the old Festus gimmick kind of thing into it. As soon as the bell rings he becomes a serious competitor and wrestles great matches, but in promos he is his comedic persona, I think it would be good for keeping the funny stuff and also him being a real competitor.

Slivon
12-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I think he should keep the gimmick he has right now but incorporate some of the old Festus gimmick kind of thing into it. As soon as the bell rings he becomes a serious competitor and wrestles great matches, but in promos he is his comedic persona, I think it would be good for keeping the funny stuff and also him being a real competitor.

i was not a fan of Festus at all, but that would be a magnificently perfect idea for Santino

Y2JLionsault
12-10-2011, 10:00 PM
i was not a fan of Festus at all, but that would be a magnificently perfect idea for Santino

Yeah I hated the whole Festus character as well. When he became Luke Gallows he really got my attention. Could have been a good storyline for he and Punk after that but once again WWE dropped the ball. But yer I'd love to see Santino with the 2 different personas.

CM_Jericho
12-11-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm sure santino makes bank as a jobber. His spot is secure in the company. I have always been a fan. He truly resects the traditions of the business. If I were him, I would be content with where he is at. Also, I have heard that he is a super nice dude.

Y2Jryder
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Keep it with some segments, don't change his gimmick but don't put him in a match or whatever

Yano88
12-11-2011, 01:00 PM

OT: hey Wade who is the girl applyingthe submisson move in your sign? She is very beatiful.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 01:02 PM
OT: hey Wade who is the girl applyingthe submisson move in your sign? She is very beatiful.

It's Britani Knight, chief! English wrestler, signed to WWE! She should be heading to FCW, any time now! :)

Yano88
12-11-2011, 01:11 PM
It's Britani Knight, chief! English wrestler, signed to WWE! She should be heading to FCW, any time now! :)

Wow! Cant wait to see her in the main roster! Hope they dont book her as a second AJ...

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Wow! Cant wait to see her in the main roster! Hope they dont book her as a second AJ...

Hope so, this girl can really wrestle!! She's only 19 but has wrestled from 11 and professionally from 13!!

AreYaSerious
12-11-2011, 08:56 PM

Teddy Long: Well said playa

Formica
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I honestly really want him to change his gimmick because I think if he had a new gimmick, maybe even drop the accent, he could go somewhere in the WWE.

This could work with any superstar, not just Santino. Personally I think he is best the way he is. He is comic gold at times and very entertaining, decent in the ring and on the mic, and I'm sure the younger find him funny too, so he appeals to them.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Teddy Long: Well said playa

Holla!!!! :D