PDA

View Full Version : Batista: John Cena Killed Hardcore Wrestling

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 11:27 AM
From the main page in a Batista interview:

"About John Cena Being Responsible for the WWE PG Era: " I think, you know, they did the whole PG direction thing, I think that works for Cena; the little kids love him, cause he's a great character, he's someone they can look up to. The girls love him, good looking guy, says all the right things, does all the right things, but the hardcore fans can't stand him. He is Mr. Hokey, Mr. PG… to me; he killed hardcore, edgy wrestling."

Thoughts?

K2Jelly
12-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Those are quite uncouth and inaccurate remarks from Batista. Everyone knows that Cena had nothing to do with the change from TV-14 to PG. Kids loved him before the change. Vince just wanted to make WWE more marketable. End of story.

Rilla
12-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Someone is mad Cena was more popular and dumped him through a stage.

For shame.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Pretty bitter, inacurate rantings from someone who has bone to pick with WWE! Unsurprising and unsurprisingly inaccurate!!

Wrestlinfan608
12-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I think he is right on the money but most people won't admit that. Maybe Cena is not responsible for the PG Era when it started up, but he is responsible for dragging it out so long

K2Jelly
12-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I think he is right on the money but most people won't admit that. Maybe Cena is not responsible for the PG Era when it started up, but he is responsible for dragging it out so long

So you're saying that Cena has a voice in creative decisions that allows the change of the entire company?

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 11:36 AM

So first to agree, is a TNA mark! Funny that! :D

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-10-2011, 11:36 AM
sounds like this would fit right in with what the WWE is doing with what piper said and stuff.. about how the fans are split! guessing it cant be any sort of work tho.. so in that case very bitter from batista!

RomanFlare
12-10-2011, 11:38 AM
It's cyclical. Hogan reigned over the original PG era, then Austin took it towards "hardcore", then Cena brought it back again. It'll go back again, eventually. And Wade Barrett will lead the charge.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 11:41 AM
It's cyclical. Hogan reigned over the original PG era, then Austin took it towards "hardcore", then Cena brought it back again. It'll go back again, eventually. And Wade Barrett will lead the charge.

Damn straight!! :)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Fixed for you. :D

Oh Hell No!! :p

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 11:57 AM
wow very true Batista, basically the thoughts of every real wrestling fan over 18+.

K2Jelly
12-10-2011, 11:59 AM
wow very true Batista, basically the thoughts of every real wrestling fan over 18+.

You might want to retract that statement before one of the more impatient members here decides to brutally refute you.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 11:59 AM
You might want to retract that statement before one of the more impatient members here decides to brutally refutes you.

No thanks.

K2Jelly
12-10-2011, 12:00 PM
No thanks.

No problem. I'm just saying that what you said sounded like a generalization of what a lot of people think and not many people like that.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 12:01 PM
No problem. I'm just saying that what you said sounded like a generalization of what a lot of people think and not many people like that.

Yeah, but i agree with Batista, Cena is the PG era, he symbolises it, Batista left the wwe because of the pg era, it wasnt edgy enough for him, im not surprised tbh.

Subject Zero
12-10-2011, 12:04 PM
John Cena had alot of bloody matches before the PG era plus this is Batista and he always comes across as abit of an ass.

Reichwulf
12-10-2011, 12:06 PM

I agree with this, without a major created face like john cena to help push it with the kids, it wouldn't have been as successful as it has been under the "pg" era

even though ratings are still bad :p

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 12:12 PM

This argument is always good for a chuckle! :D

stinger13
12-10-2011, 12:13 PM

I always though Vinny Mac was the person who was responsible for the "PG Era" dragging out so long. He can pull the plug whenever he wants.

Bennyladd1

hell yeah lol.

K2Jelly

So is this one.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 12:16 PM
So is this one.

Oiiiii!! You'll all bear witness, when the Barrage takes over! :p

WISEGUY
12-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Batista made it clear when he was leaving, that he was a Attitude Era mark. He left because he wasn't able to curse (as often), bleed and watch Diva pillow fights. All kidding aside, I think its was a very bitter statement. To place the change of a company soley on one man shoulder's is idiotic.

Vegas
12-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Disagree! Cena may be the face of the pg era but he is not responsible for it. He is simply doing his job. Vince and the rest of creative are the ones who decide the direction of the company. Anyone who agrees with Batista is either a cena hater,stuck in the past, or a tna mark.

Jags
12-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Batista's being a hypocrite, I don't remember him adding anything good to hardcore wrestling.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Batista's being a hypocrite, I don't remember him adding anything good to hardcore wrestling.

He didnt, he came in after the attitude era, stuck it out, once PG era came along i guess he got fed up and thats why he left.

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm wondering how Cena killed hardcore wrestling lol. It wasn't because of Cena that the attitude era ended, it was Vince's decision. And it was the right one IMO. The edge stuff that we saw during the attitude era wasn't going to be popular ever, and would likely get stale. Batista left because he thought they were going completely PG e.g. with Hornswoggle. As we've seen this year, the segments haven't been exactly PG. Batista made the wrong decision in leaving, but hes burnt out on wrestling anyway.

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 12:46 PM

and here I thought you couldn't sound any simpler. but hey, someone has to be the mirror o' stupid that we can use to see how close to fanboyism we are reaching

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 12:51 PM
and here I thought you couldn't sound any simpler. but hey, someone has to be the mirror o' stupid that we can use to see how close to fanboyism we are reaching

LOL, someones a bit touchy?

K2Jelly
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM
LOL, someones a bit touchy?

I warned you! :p

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I warned you! :p

Haha yeah, oh well, its pretty funny how touchy he is.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 12:55 PM

Also, you are the fanboy here, instead of mindlessly defending the PG era, use your brain for once.

Krysys
12-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Also, you are the fanboy here, instead of mindlessly defending the PG era, use your brain for once.

He wasn't mindlessly defending it, he was just pointing out stupid you sound, so technically it was you who didn't use your brain.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
He wasn't mindlessly defending it, he was just pointing out stupid you sound, so technically it was you who didn't use your brain.

So because i have a different opinion Im stupid? right ok then, please go and put your fruity pebbles tshirt on and mindlessly defend the PG era.

K2Jelly
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
So because i have a different opinion Im stupid? right ok then, please go and put your fruity pebbles tshirt on and mindlessly defend the PG era.

I don't think his problem with you was your opinion itself. It was how you asserted to to a wide spectrum which is the majority of members here on the EWN forums.

Rilla
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
From this thread, I've learned:

Cena has more power in WWE than Vince, and Batista left because Cena is the face of an era.

Well, you do learn something new everyday.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't think his problem with you was your opinion itself. It was how you asserted to to a wide spectrum which is the majority of members here on the EWN forums.

I did do that yes, because i find it funny how marks mindlessly defend the product, yet they know its not as entertaining as it was.

K2Jelly
12-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I did do that yes, because i find it funny how marks mindlessly defend the product, yet they know its not as entertaining as it was.

Whatever floats your boat. Just know it's treading shark infested waters.

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 01:08 PM

You're one of those guys who assumes these things. Many of the members on this site actually put in work when sharing their thoughts about the product. It's not mindlessly defending it.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Whatever floats your boat. Just know it's treading shark infested waters.

If by shark infested waters, you mean biased, fruity pebble tshirt wearing marks then of course.

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 01:09 PM

you know, I can't find anything there that was defending any era, but I can see how you may of been confused, so let me restate

you sound like a moron. Not because of what era you liked best, because honestly that doesn't matter.
You sound like a moron for widely asserting that any adult wrestling fan must believe the same way that you do, or they are not a "real" fan. That, falls under the very definition of fanboyism. Now, at this point, you can either accept that there are a lot of different people in this world, and some of them actually like different things, or you can make yourself look more and more like a moron.

Your call boyo

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/fatcrab/funny%20quotes/950a8849.jpg

Bennyladd1
You're one of those guys who assumes these things. Many of the members on this site actually put in work when sharing their thoughts about the product. It's not mindlessly defending it.

So those of us who don't defend the PG era and cena at every opportunity are stupid?

Bennyladd1
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/fatcrab/funny%20quotes/950a8849.jpg

Stop looking in the mirror then.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 01:11 PM

I think a lot members here, don't mindlessly defend the product and can be quite critical of the product! I just think many recognise when someone is pointlessly lambasting it, just for the sake of doing so!

That's my twopence worth, anyway! :)

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
you know, I can't find anything there that was defending any era, but I can see how you may of been confused, so let me restate

you sound like a moron. Not because of what era you liked best, because honestly that doesn't matter.
You sound like a moron for widely asserting that any adult wrestling fan must believe the same way that you do, or they are not a "real" fan. That, falls under the very definition of fanboyism. Now, at this point, you can either accept that there are a lot of different people in this world, and some of them actually like different things, or you can make yourself look more and more like a moron.

Your call boyo

Tbh "boyo" your just really touchy, not everyone agrees with you.

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
If by shark infested waters, you mean biased, fruity pebble tshirt wearing marks then of course.

http://th1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/lmatha/th_funny-quotes-pics-24-1.jpg

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Tbh "boyo" your just really touchy, not everyone agrees with you.

somewhere there is a teacher that struggled valiantly to teach you reading comprehension, and they are crying and can't figure out why
This quote is why

Krysys

Lol wow
1st I am in no mean denying your right to have an opinion, however it is your opinion, not everyones.
2nd I am not a fan on Cena, I don't hate him but I don't like him. However I do prefer him over Batista or The Rock.

Bennyladd1
http://th1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/lmatha/th_funny-quotes-pics-24-1.jpg

Well done you can copy/paste lame sig's.

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Stop looking in the mirror then.

http://th134.photobucket.com/albums/q107/onebadazzblonde/quotes%20funny/th_apic14.jpg

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM
So those of us who don't defend the PG era and cena at every opportunity are stupid?

Did I say that? No. I never used the word stupid or even alluded to something of that nature.

At least have something good to backup yourself, instead of going down the easy path.

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Well done you can copy/paste lame sig's.

http://th46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/sOOpErCuTiE06/quotes/th_funny.png

VanHooliganX
12-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Those are quite uncouth and inaccurate remarks from Batista. Everyone knows that Cena had nothing to do with the change from TV-14 to PG. Kids loved him before the change. Vince just wanted to make WWE more marketable. End of story.

Yup. Cenas just the best at selling stuff to children.

Y2Jryder
12-10-2011, 01:18 PM
does Batista still think that the 'Batista bomb' is the real name for a powerbomb?

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Did I say that? No. I never used the word stupid or even alluded to something of that nature.

At least have something good to backup yourself, instead of going down the easy path.

The easy path? just don't understand why you guys are so insulted, Cena did not start the PG era , but he does represent it, I see what Batista means and I am bored of stale Cena , whats the big deal? we're all entitled to our own opinion.

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:19 PM
No, just for a sit down powerbomb.

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 01:23 PM
The easy path? just don't understand why you guys are so insulted, Cena did not start the PG era , but he does represent it, I see what Batista means and I am bored of stale Cena , whats the big deal? we're all entitled to our own opinion.

You missed the point of my last post. By "easy path", I meant that you had to resort to something as childish as "fruity pebbles" instead of using your knowledge to defend your opinions. It's almost as stupid as people here swearing at others just because they don't have the same opinion as you and you can't defend yourself using wrestling knowledge.

Wrestling Realist
Vince created PG era for Linda's political career besides Batista suck anyways, but tv shows like The Simpsons, Teen mom and the girls next door(playboy) are all TV-PG and are way edgier WWE can have blood just excessive blood they can swear just too much they can have divas in sexual situations once or twice show and be suggestive (like the saying Lillian you get wet... with perspiration) and still be PG cause lets be real if it wasn't for the wrestling(violence) it would rated tv-g or tv-Y7

Parental Guidance Suggested
This program contains material that parents may find unsuitable for younger children. Many parents may want to watch it with their younger children. The theme itself may call for parental guidance and/or the program contains one or more of the following: moderate violence (V), some sexual situations (S), infrequent coarse language (L), or some suggestive dialogue (D).

Dr. Death

http://th49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/loves2shop205/quotes%20and%20sayings/th_fc086.jpg

VanHooliganX
12-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Oh Hell No!! :p

Zack Ryder 1979 hmm?

Suits you :P

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Its not an opinion when you try to make an inaccurate generalization about Batista's comments pertaining to all fans over 18.

Yes i was exaggerating, I just don't understand how the IWC can change their opinions so quickly, one moment they hate on cena all the time, now it seems they defend the guy all the time.

Vegas

Yes we are all entitled to our own opinion but you say if we don't see it like you we must be mindlessly defending the pg era and that we all love cena. This makes you look like a fanboy douche.

Wade Barrett 1979
Zack Ryder 1979 hmm?

Suits you :P

I'll get you a spoon, so you can eat my ass!! :D

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes i was exaggerating, I just don't understand how the IWC can change their opinions so quickly, one moment they hate on cena all the time, now it seems they defend the guy all the time.

Because, for all intents and purposes, there is no "IWC" just a bunch of guys and gals that like wrestling enough to talk about it online all day.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:27 PM
You missed the point of my last post. By "easy path", I meant that you had to resort to something as childish as "fruity pebbles" instead of using your knowledge to defend your opinions. It's almost as stupid as people here swearing at others just because they don't have the same opinion as you and you can't defend yourself using wrestling knowledge.

Well fair enough, I do agree its stupid, its also stupid that DR.Death keeps posting "insulting" sigs because his opinion differs.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 01:27 PM
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that the IWC exists!!!

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I'll get you a spoon, so you can eat my ass!! :D

http://th416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/punkwarriorwolf/Quotes/th_thTacosQ.gif

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Well fair enough, I do agree its stupid, its also stupid that DR.Death keeps posting "insulting" sigs because his opinion differs.

tbh I find myself wondering if the good doctor is throwing himself a little party.

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:31 PM

http://th50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/Sonsabar/quotes/th_funny.jpg

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 01:31 PM
http://th416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/punkwarriorwolf/Quotes/th_thTacosQ.gif

Now I really want some tacos! :p

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:32 PM
tbh I find myself wondering if the good doctor is throwing himself a little party.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/lasagradax/Quotes%20Funny/ToMuchCaffeine.gif

Wrestling Realist
funny Batista clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf9cFBUtaKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw

Asherdelampyr
With the out-dated internet memes he has been posting, I'm guessing so as well.

not that there's anything wrong with that :P

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 01:33 PM

Nah it's not like that. Many feel that Cena isn't a good wrestler, and is stale because they keep booking him to win. But we respect him a lot for putting up with it, and working harder than everyone on the roster.

Fair enough. I'm also wondering why hes gone overboard with the pics haha.

Bennyladd1
12-10-2011, 01:33 PM
You see, there you go with this inaccurate generalization. You keep trying to paint what the average IWC member thinks instead of posting your own opinion on the matter without these asinine generalizations. Everybody has different opinions. The Attitude Era is your cup of tea but that may not be the case to some no matter what age they are.

Yeah i am generalising. But seriously, looking at a few wrestling sites, the IWC as a whole seem to defend Cena and the PG era a whole lot more than they used to. Which is fine, but it won't change my opinion that its stale, lets hope Cena gets more interesting soon and turns heel or gets more intense.

lewism173
12-10-2011, 01:34 PM
The first part is right but Cena didn't kill hardcore wrestling....alone

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 01:35 PM
On a side note, Congrats on getting 1000 posts Dr. Death! You have been one of the best posters here for a while, and it's great to have someone with decades of wrestling knowledge give their opinions on the wrestling world :D

SouthernBlood
12-10-2011, 01:35 PM
So you're saying that Cena has a voice in creative decisions that allows the change of the entire company?

absolutely,,,He might not be second in command but a guy in his place isnt exactly ignored when it comes to these things

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 01:36 PM
On a side note, Congrats on getting 1000 posts Dr. Death! You have been one of the best posters here for a while, and it's great to have someone with decades of wrestling knowledge give their opinions on the wrestling world :D

so that was the plan

also, congrats Dr. Death

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Ah, so that's why! :p

Congrats to the good Dr! :D

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Damn this thread was derailed several pages back..

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Damn this thread was derailed several pages back..

It's all good in the hood! :D

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 01:46 PM
funny Batista clips

http://th715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/heyalex/th_cryingdave-1.png

AOF666
12-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Most what Batista says about Cena is true. I don't think Cena was responsible for the PG era, but Vince was smart for using Cena for the face of the company. It has been 7-8 years since Cena debuted in the WWE, not once I can think of, there has been ever any controversy with Cena outside of the WWE.

Jayoholic
12-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Uh no, Batista...you can thank Chris Benoit for that.

twoot2
12-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Well i wouldnt blame it all on Cena for them turning PG but yes he is to blame because when they approached him and wanted to turn him into this SuperCena character he was happy with it and he knew what came with it that he was going to be a role model to 2-5 year old kids and the product would be mostly "PG" also while he was satisfying the younger audience the hardcore fans didnt really find him entertaining and now he has dragged it out for so long that they cant really take the risk in going to a hardcore product again because it would affect them in the long run but if Vince is happy with it and so is Cena and his fans then good for them they dont really care what the Real fans want anyway.

twoot2
12-10-2011, 02:47 PM
funny Batista clips

Lmao these two were classics what about the "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!!" LOL

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 02:48 PM
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that the IWC exists!!!

Plus creating all 'Real' wrestling fans the same!!

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 02:53 PM
same argument, same response.

PG Isn't the issue
Shitty writing is the issue
we need to go back to having "Bookers" not "Writers" We need people in there who have a deep and abiding love for Wrestling. not people who made a few mini-series or soap operas before and moved on to do "That sports entertainment thing" for cash.

Then, once we have that, we need, as fans, to vote with our money, to buy PPVs worth watching, to buy merchandise of our favorite wrestlers, to pay to go to live shows to see them in action.

In this world Money is the last universal language, and the only one that every business speaks, if you want change, then you have to tell them that in the only way that they understand. With your wallet.

WWE Didn't go PG to piss people off, they didn't do it because Vince is getting old, they didn't do it for Linda's political aspirations, they did it to make money.

Just like they went with the Attitude Era to make money. before the Attitude era they were essentially PG and raking in cash, when WCW started kicking them around the playground they had to become edgier to compete.

If becoming PG13 will make them more money, both in fan revenue and in ad revenue, then they will do that, but until it does they will stay PG, and that's fine because PG doesn't mean that they can't tell a good story.

Rilla
12-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Well i wouldnt blame it all on Cena for them turning PG but yes he is to blame because when they approached him and wanted to turn him into this SuperCena character he was happy with it and he knew what came with it that he was going to be a role model to 2-5 year old kids and the product would be mostly "PG" also while he was satisfying the younger audience the hardcore fans didnt really find him entertaining and now he has dragged it out for so long that they cant really take the risk in going to a hardcore product again because it would affect them in the long run but if Vince is happy with it and so is Cena and his fans then good for them they dont really care what the Real fans want anyway.

Who in their right mind would say no, to insane amounts of money to be a role model for kids and the face of the biggest wrestling company in the world, for people who don't like him /anyway/?

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 02:58 PM
same argument, same response.

On a long enough timeline, the same old shit comes up again!!! :D

LegendsMadeWrestling
12-10-2011, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;343747]Nah it's not like that. Many feel that Cena isn't a good wrestler, and is stale because they keep booking him to win. But we respect him a lot for putting up with it, and working harder than everyone on the roster.

God DAMN!! Cena clearly has you people brainwashed cuz you guys sound just like him in his promos. Cena is one of the worst wrestling entertainers of all time and for you to say you respect him cuz he puts up with it and is a hard worker, I served 6 yrs in the Marines I've met John Cena respect the guy outside the WWE but when It's live I hate him with a passion and I even told him myself but all he did was just smile, The Rock was a hard worker he's one cool guy but your over here talking shit cuz he left or cuz he's not there But no your excuse is I was never a fan BullS*** you are a fan you just listen way to much to your B**** A** friends from the IWC.

Cena Sucks people and for you to defend him and then say well I'm not a fan get the f*** outta her with that BULL. Let me tell you what a real wrestling entertainer is all about First Can put out great matches in his career, Second How he has the whole arena in his palm of his hand and Third He has to be ENTERTAINING CENA don't have any of that. IWC & EWN you are nothing but John Cena, Randy Orton and Cm Punk B******

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 03:59 PM
It's like a paddling pool in here, this thread has made me piss myself laughing so much!! :D

BlazersDozen
12-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Does Batista realize that Cena has taken a ton more bumps than he has & bled so much more?

Did Batista forget that he was basically a Cena champion before Cena was? Saving Rey Mysterio, making everyone look weak as hell, being over thanks to kids & women & corny promos?

Batista should look in the mirror.

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 04:12 PM
It's like a paddling pool in here, this thread has made me piss myself laughing so much!! :D

indeed. but then, the last one was pretty fun too, so I think as a whole these ones are getting better.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 04:13 PM
indeed. but then, the last one was pretty fun too, so I think as a whole these ones are getting better.

True and not always in a good way, which makes them funnier for me!! :D

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 04:15 PM
True and not always in a good way, which makes them funnier for me!! :D
well yeah, I mean obviously the quality of the whining hasn't improved, but it has at least gotten more entertaining.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 04:21 PM
well yeah, I mean obviously the quality of the whining hasn't improved, but it has at least gotten more entertaining.

I just enjoy the same old hackneyed cliche's and bloody mindedness of some!! How they feel using certain words and phrases, must mean they are right! It'd be a psychologist's wet dream on here! :D

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I just enjoy the same old hackneyed cliche's and bloody mindedness of some!! How they feel using certain words and phrases, must mean they are right! It'd be a psychologist's wet dream on here! :D

indeed, it is quite fun :)

Murphdogg4
12-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Or basically the thoughts of fans living in the past.

Or fans who have a basic grasp of logic and know how to compare and contrast. They are not pulling the fact that the product used to be better out of their arse, the ratings agree with them.

Vegas
12-10-2011, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;343747]Nah it's not like that. Many feel that Cena isn't a good wrestler, and is stale because they keep booking him to win. But we respect him a lot for putting up with it, and working harder than everyone on the roster.

God DAMN!! Cena clearly has you people brainwashed cuz you guys sound just like him in his promos. Cena is one of the worst wrestling entertainers of all time and for you to say you respect him cuz he puts up with it and is a hard worker, I served 6 yrs in the Marines I've met John Cena respect the guy outside the WWE but when It's live I hate him with a passion and I even told him myself but all he did was just smile, The Rock was a hard worker he's one cool guy but your over here talking shit cuz he left or cuz he's not there But no your excuse is I was never a fan BullS*** you are a fan you just listen way to much to your B**** A** friends from the IWC.

Cena Sucks people and for you to defend him and then say well I'm not a fan get the f*** outta her with that BULL. Let me tell you what a real wrestling entertainer is all about First Can put out great matches in his career, Second How he has the whole arena in his palm of his hand and Third He has to be ENTERTAINING CENA don't have any of that. IWC & EWN you are nothing but John Cena, Randy Orton and Cm Punk B******

Thanks man for telling me exactly.how I feel about Cena and The Rock. Clearly we are to stupid to think for ourselves and need you to do it for us >.>

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Or fans who have a basic grasp of logic and know how to compare and contrast. They are not pulling the fact that the product used to be better out of their arse, the ratings agree with them.

yeah they used to get anywhere from 5.0 to 7.0 ratings now barely get a 3.0

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 04:42 PM
indeed, it is quite fun :)

Chief, just realised! You're The Trinity! Congrats!!

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Chief, just realised! You're The Trinity! Congrats!!

yeah, it was a long time coming, thanks :)

Murphdogg4
12-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for proving my point. Comparing and contrasting the business then and now to prove that the wrestling business back then was better than the business now is an example of people living in the past. And fans who live in the past try to use ratings as there only point to show how better the business was but seemingly over-look the company back then as a whole to a company now.

if not swallowing everything your fed and saying thank you sir is living in the past, I'll gladly take the label. It's called not being a fan of bad writing and booking.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 04:51 PM
There's lots of talk about feeding and swallowing, throughout this thread! It's like porn for fat people! I love it! :D

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks for proving my point. Comparing and contrasting the business then to a business now just to prove that the wrestling business back then was better than the business now is an example of people living in the past. And fans who live in the past try to use ratings as there only point to show how better the business was but seemingly over-look the company back then as a whole to a company now.

the issue with ratings is that they went down all over the place, look at the NBA final's which pulled an average of 18.66 for the playoff games in 1998 vs an average of 10.18 just this year. Playoff games, mind you, not just some exhibition game.

obviously ratings have dropped everywhere since the late 90's/early 2000's we have so many other options for watching any televised event now, while avoiding commercials or even having to pay anything, that television ratings suffer across the board. This isn't some secret thing either, it's been a talked about event witnessed by millions (though evidently not on TV)

Jags
12-10-2011, 04:56 PM
I would start argueing to, but there is no argueing with Dr. Deaths pictures.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
the issue with ratings is that they went down all over the place, look at the NBA final's which pulled an average of 18.66 for the playoff games in 1998 vs an average of 10.18 just this year. Playoff games, mind you, not just some exhibition game.

obviously ratings have dropped everywhere since the late 90's/early 2000's we have so many other options for watching any televised event now, while avoiding commercials or even having to pay anything, that television ratings suffer across the board. This isn't some secret thing either, it's been a talked about event witnessed by millions (though evidently not on TV)

This, of course, is totally true but an inconvenient point for many, so it gets swept away and never mentioned!! Funny that!!

Robstar
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
It's the usual 'pay attention to me' comments from Bitchtista. Sounds like someone's shitting where he used to eat. Botchtista would have never made it through the hardcore era, as it stands he couldn't hack the PG one!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I would start argueing to, but there is no argueing with Dr. Deaths pictures.

Damn straight!! :D

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 04:59 PM
It's the usual 'pay attention to me' comments from Bitchtista. Sounds like someone's shitting where he used to eat. Botchtista would have never made it through the hardcore era, as it stands he couldn't hack the PG one!

Yup, he's not exactly the standard bearer for good wrestling! :D Some will grasp at what they can though!!

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 05:03 PM

well of course not, good thing he had that successful acting career to fall back o..... oh wait...
No matter he has all those MMA matches lined up....... ah, nevermind
well, he could always go back to being a bouncer!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 05:06 PM
well of course not, good thing he had that successful acting career to fall back o..... oh wait...

He left with plenty of options!! :D

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 05:09 PM
He left with plenty of options!! :D

indeed he did, not to mention a bevvy of friends!
You can totally tell that he doesn't feel bitter in the slightest

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 05:12 PM
indeed he did, not to mention a bevvy of friends!
You can totally tell that he doesn't feel bitter in the slightest

Absolutely, he's the epitomy of gratitude! Thanking the company, who made him one if their top
Stars and wouldn't have anywhere near what he has, if it wasn't for them putting him on the map!!

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 05:13 PM
*pulls on hazmat suit*

Right you bunch of sheeple and anti-sheeple (funnily enough these are more sheeple than the first group of sheeple). Let uncle Tooly explain this whole situation to you. I'll bullet point it for the slow ones.

- Bastita was popular with many during his time at The E. He had many fans and was to them one of the biggest names of the company.
- Bastita was and is (it would seem by his words and actions) pretty arrogant and bullish.
- Bastita was never going to truly be the face of the entire company. His look, demeanor, attitude appealed to some but not a majority.
- Whilst I loved Warrior back in the day, Bastita is cut from the same piece of ego cloth he was. Yes your big, yes you look powerful, yes you can whip a crowd up. But no. No you are not the main guy. You will never be the main guy.
- The WWF/E have always been about entertainment. Family entertainment is where the money is. The Attitude era was a fluke. A time when some how most TV was being pushed to new limits. It was a tiny blip on the history of TV. The E was always going to return to a PG style.
- Cena is about as clean cut as they come. As said above, he's never been caught drunk, womanising, taking drugs, assulting people in bars. He was an obvious face for a cleaner E.
- Had Batista been a few years younger and as clean living then he to may have been offered the spot as clean cut face of the E. Would he have turned down shitloads of cash? I doubt it.

So to sum up. Dave is arsey because whilst he was one of the big names of his era, someone he use to wrestle is now THE face of the company. Earning far more than him and be loved by millions.

Do we all love Cena? Hell no. Personally I think he has good matches and bad matches. I think he has become to predictable, but that not down to him and he's not the only one like it. Am I a Cena Hater? No. Do I think he's great. No.

Is the OP of this thread a jerk? No. He's just blindly passionate. This unfortunately makes his arguments weak and easy to pick holes in. So dude. If you're still reading this thread. Agree with Batista all you like, but just know that he is saying what he is saying with a big bunch of sour grapes shoved up his arse.

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 05:15 PM
*pulls on hazmat suit*

Right you bunch of sheeple and anti-sheeple (funnily enough these are more sheeple than the first group of sheeple). Let uncle Tooly explain this whole situation to you. I'll bullet point it for the slow ones.

- Bastita was popular with many during his time at The E. He had many fans and was to them one of the biggest names of the company.
- Bastita was and is (it would seem by his words and actions) pretty arrogant and bullish.
- Bastita was never going to truly be the face of the entire company. His look, demeanor, attitude appealed to some but not a majority.
- Whilst I loved Warrior back in the day, Bastita is cut from the same piece of ego cloth he was. Yes your big, yes you look powerful, yes you can whip a crowd up. But no. No you are not the main guy. You will never be the main guy.
- The WWF/E have always been about entertainment. Family entertainment is where the money is. The Attitude era was a fluke. A time when some how most TV was being push to new limits. It was a tiny blip on the history of TV. The E was always going to return to a PG style.
- Cena is about as clean cut as they come. As said above, he's never been caught drunk, womanising, taking drugs, assulting people in bars. He was an obvious face for a cleaner E.
- Had Batista been a few years younger and as clean living then he to may have been offered the spot as clean cut face of the E. Would he have turned down shitloads of cash? I doubt it.

So to sum up. Dave is arsey because whilst he was one of the big names of his era, someone he use to wrestle is now THE face of the company. Earning far more than him and be loved by millions.

Do we all love Cena? Hell no. Personally I think he has good matches and bad matches. I think he has become to predictable, but that not down to him and he's not the only one like it. Am I a Cena Hater? No. Do I think he's great. No.

Is the OP of this thread a jerk? No. He's just blindly passionate. This unfortunately makes his arguments weak and easy to pick holes in. So dude. If you're still reading this thread. Agree with Batista all you like, but just know that he is saying what he is saying with a big bunch of sour grapes shoved up his arse.

well holy shit
a tool post that I agree with every part of
I almost want to print this and hang it on my cubicle wall.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
*pulls on hazmat suit*

- The WWF/E have always been about entertainment. Family entertainment is where the money is. The Attitude era was a fluke. A time when some how most TV was being pushed to new limits. It was a tiny blip on the history of TV. The E was always going to return to a PG style.

You sicken me!!!

Because I agree with what you say!!

Rilla
12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
*pulls on hazmat suit*

I didn't have many dealings with you.. until recently, but this, this I agree with.

Robstar
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM

Lolololol

well holy shit

You're not that guy from Office Space are you? ;)

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Lolololol

You're not that guy from Office Space are you? ;)

just a guy that needs any smile I can get around work.
though I did get to run off and get Cinnabon's today on work time, so it's not all bad.

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 05:50 PM
well holy shit

I hope that's work cubicle and not bathroom cubicle.

You sicken me!!!

Because I agree with what you say!!

AHAHAHA It feels so wrong doesn't it.

I didn't have many dealings with you.. until recently, but this, this I agree with.

I almost wish everyone agreed with me. Then I realise that would be really annoying.

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I hope that's work cubicle and not bathroom cubicle.

I'm not making any promises there

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm not making any promises there

I wouldn't believe you if you did.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
AHAHAHA It feels so wrong doesn't it.

Yeah and mildly erotic!! That's not good!! :D

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't believe you if you did.

well good then :)

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah and mildly erotic!! That's not good!! :D

It must be hereditary. I hear I push your momma's buttons to........

Joke....

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 06:01 PM
It must be hereditary. I hear I push your momma's buttons to........

Joke....

It's like a playground in here!! :D

Robstar
12-10-2011, 06:16 PM
URATOOL is my own god. He's just too awesome. I'm his #1 fan. :rolleyes:

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 06:18 PM
URATOOL is my own god. He's just too awesome. I'm his #1 fan. :rolleyes:

It's the love that keeps me here, chief!! :p

Broc
12-10-2011, 06:23 PM
completely disagree, WWE changed to PG for marketing reasons, the lil jimmies are going to love Cena regardless of PG or PG-13, it doesn't make a difference because Cena will still be Cena

Automatic
12-10-2011, 06:35 PM
*pulls on hazmat suit*

Where did you copy this from?

twoot2
12-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Who in their right mind would say no, to insane amounts of money to be a role model for kids and the face of the biggest wrestling company in the world, for people who don't like him /anyway/?
Exactly the money was to good for him to turn down thats what i meant if Cena is happy with his character and the hate he recieves and his fans are happy with what he gives to them each week then good for them because like i said they dont really care about the real fans because its not about them anymore theyl get their treat one offs aswell when Rock is there Live or any of the other old guys for that matter but todays product is kid friendly its really about the new generation the kids and it will be for along time so i say watch it if you like it if you dont then dont watch it simple as.

King Scrapper
12-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Pretty bitter, inacurate rantings from someone who has bone to pick with WWE! Unsurprising and unsurprisingly inaccurate!!

Someone who has a bone to pick with the WWE?? The WWE loved Batista. Batista just lost love for them with this whole PG stuff going on. He feels the same way most of us feel but just does a poor job at expressing it. In a way, you can say him and CM Punk feel the exact same way but CM Punk knew how to get the point across. batista just doesnt give a shit and left. Batista definitely has no bone to pick. The WWE made him more than a 5 time champion and a headliner of multiple Wrestlemanias and Summerslams. He's even going to be in their game WWE 12 as DLC!! Not even Jericho is in that game. The WWE would sell their souls to have Batista back.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Someone who has a bone to pick with the WWE?? The WWE loved Batista. Batista just lost love for them with this whole PG stuff going on. He feels the same way most of us feel but just does a poor job at expressing it. In a way, you can say him and CM Punk feel the exact same way but CM Punk knew how to get the point across. batista just doesnt give a shit and left. Batista definitely has no bone to pick. The WWE made him more than a 5 time champion and a headliner of multiple Wrestlemanias and Summerslams. He's even going to be in their game WWE 12 as DLC!! Not even Jericho is in that game. The WWE would sell their souls to have Batista back.

I think you'll find, he does have a bone to pick with them! Using the, 'couldn't get his point across,' get out clause doesn't make any difference!
No matter how many titles they gave him, how much of a star they made him or regardless of how much, they want him back, he still has a bone to pick with them!!

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 07:28 PM
I think you'll find, he does have a bone to pick with them! Using the, 'couldn't get his point across,' get out clause doesn't make any difference!
No matter how many titles they gave him, how much of a star they made him or regardless of how much, they want him back, he still has a bone to pick with them!!

and a simple one at that
he knows, deep down that he will never be John Cena, that no matter how good of a wrestler he became, he was never going to be top dog. It is very similar to the Hogan vs Warrior situation that was already brought up. Bautista's ego is writing checks that his spot in the company couldn't cash. He wants to be able to be the man at the front of the new movement, but Cena got called up instead. He was probably certain that hanging with Trip would get him there, and when it failed it made him bitter.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 07:31 PM
and a simple one at that
he knows, deep down that he will never be John Cena, that no matter how good of a wrestler he became, he was never going to be top dog. It is very similar to the Hogan vs Warrior situation that was already brought up. Bautista's ego is writing checks that his spot in the company couldn't cash. He wants to be able to be the man at the front of the new movement, but Cena got called up instead. He was probably certain that hanging with Trip would get him there, and when it failed it made him bitter.

Precisely! Some just try to read too much, in to some situations! He's just bitter! Pretty straight forward really!!

King Scrapper
12-10-2011, 07:31 PM

Honestly, this entire discussion is kinda fishy. Im willing to bet the lives of a thousand newborn puppies that if it was Mr. Everyones Hero CM Punk who said these remarks about John Cena being the cause of the PG era, then almost everyone would be agreeing and singing to the tune of CM Punk. But since it's Batista saying it, it's automatically wrong and almost no one agrees. Bunch of bullshit. The hate against Batista needs to stop. Batista was an awesome wrestler that made an impact on the WWE without a doubt. Who cares if he botched here and there. All of the greats have. Rock, Austin, Taker, Orton, Cena, Micheals...all have botched a lot in their careers. Get over it. Respect Batista for the time and effort he put into his career with the WWE.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Oh no!! I'm expressing my own opinions and I think Bautista is being an arse, however, I must change my whole outlook and opinions because I'm not giving some, frankly piss poor, wrestler some respect! Excuse me for 5 minutes, while I go and change my whole belief system!!

I'll then have to change it again, 5 minutes later, when someone agrees with my first statement and I have to change back to appease them!!

Must....keep....everyone....happy!!! :D :D

King Scrapper
12-10-2011, 07:38 PM
and a simple one at that

Im pretty sure Batista has no interest in ever wanting to be like Cena. Batista and Cena were two totally different characters. Batista was a star when he was in the WWE. He didnt need the stature that Cena has. And it's definitely not an issue of money. Google WWE supserstars salaries for 2008 and you will notice that I think Batista should have been pretty happy with his pay. I still dont understand how theres supposedly an imaginary bone that he has to pick with them. I think some of you Batista haters just want there to be a bone... You dont hear Batista talking bad about the company. He only talks negatively about the PG direction its taking. A direction that the majority of WWE fans agree is not one that is favorable.

King Scrapper
12-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh no!! I'm expressing my own opinions and I think Bautista is being an arse, however, I must change my whole outlook and opinions because I'm not giving some, frankly piss poor, wrestler some respect! Excuse me for 5 minutes, while I go and change my whole belief system!!

I'll then have to change it again, 5 minutes later, when someone agrees with my first statement and I have to change back to appease them!!

Must....keep....everyone....happy!!! :D :D

LMAO Ummm Want a cookie? Silly Wade Barret 1979. I totally respect your opinions.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 07:46 PM
LMAO Ummm Want a cookie? Silly Wade Barret 1979. I totally respect your opinions.

Not really a cookie fan to be honest!!

Awww, you respect me!! You're sweet! :p

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Im pretty sure Batista has no interest in ever wanting to be like Cena. Batista and Cena were two totally different characters. Batista was a star when he was in the WWE. He didnt need the stature that Cena has. And it's definitely not an issue of money. Google WWE supserstars salaries for 2008 and you will notice that I think Batista should have been pretty happy with his pay. I still dont understand how theres supposedly an imaginary bone that he has to pick with them. I think some of you Batista haters just want there to be a bone... You dont hear Batista talking bad about the company. He only talks negatively about the PG direction its taking. A direction that the majority of WWE fans agree is not one that is favorable.

he talks shit constantly, and usually finds some way to shoe-horn Cena into it, that is all the evidence I need.
Yeah, he got paid a lot for his time there, that doesn't mean that he never wanted more, there is not some magical point where greed stops being a factor in life.
It is seemingly obvious to me that Bautista always wanted to be the top guy, and it chaps his ass that no matter how big he became, he was never the top guy.

btw "Hater" Is the term one uses when they don't have a reasonable argument to make.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 08:02 PM
he talks shit constantly, and usually finds some way to shoe-horn Cena into it, that is all the evidence I need.
Yeah, he got paid a lot for his time there, that doesn't mean that he never wanted more, there is not some magical point where greed stops being a factor in life.
It is seemingly obvious to me that Bautista always wanted to be the top guy, and it chaps his ass that no matter how big he became, he was never the top guy.

btw "Hater" Is the term one uses when they don't have a reasonable argument to make.

I think you're wasting your breath, chief! Look at the response I had!! :D He'll be offering to take you out for dinner!!

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I think you're wasting your breath, chief! Look at the response I had!! :D He'll be offering to take you out for dinner!!

I can always use a free meal :P

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 08:04 PM
I can always use a free meal :P

I'll be pissed if he does! He only offered me cookies! Cheap ass! :p

Asherdelampyr
12-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I'll be pissed if he does! He only offered me cookies! Cheap ass! :p

well I am much, much hotter than you are
and I have a great ass, it's firm, like mutton
forgot where I was going with this, sufficed to say it's been a relaxing weekend so far.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-10-2011, 08:11 PM
well I am much, much hotter than you are
and I have a great ass, it's firm, like mutton
forgot where I was going with this, sufficed to say it's been a relaxing weekend so far.

We'll have a pose off, let him decide! :D

I hear ya, I'm chilled and full of beer! It's great!

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Ok. Clearly I need to be even more simple.

Cena = Hogan. Clean living, almost unbeatable (cleanly) and kids worship him for being the great role model icon the company holds him up as.
Batista = Warrior. More action, more adrenalin, more power arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!! *shakes ropes and stamps feet*. Arguably more entertaining to watch.

Everyones seen how butthurty Warrior is towards Hogan?? Don't get me wrong I loved watching the tassled looney in his hayday, but now he comes off as really bitter, because he never quite got the top slot.

King Scrapper
12-10-2011, 08:42 PM

Cena = Hogan. Clean living, almost unbeatable (cleanly) and kids worship him for being the great role model icon the company holds him up as.
Batista = Warrior. More action, more adrenalin, more power arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!! *shakes ropes and stamps feet*. Arguably more entertaining to watch.

Everyones seen how butthurty Warrior is towards Hogan?? Don't get me wrong I loved watching the tassled looney in his hayday, but now he comes off as really bitter, because he never quite got the top slot.

I do see your point in this.

Y2JLionsault
12-10-2011, 10:20 PM

Wow, never even thought of that but it's really true. Warrior and Batista both could have been equally as big as Cena and Hogan but let their egos get in the way. If Batista had sucked it up a couple more years he could have lead this revolution that Punk is leading. So sucked in to him, wanted bigger and better things but is doing absolutely shit all now. A movie? Probably straight to DVD piece of garbage.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Cena did nothing of the sort, and against King Scrapper's opinion, nobody would agree depending on who said it.

Batista can't say anything, he was just as bad a wrestler, dare I say worse?

Rebel Lion
12-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Last I checked, Linda McMahon's Conneticut senate campaign is what put the final nail into the coffin of the edgy WWE. people really need to stop bitching about the whole PG Era. You don't like it? Impact! Wrestling on Thursdays of ROH Wrestling wherever the hell you can find it at. Being a wrestling fan close to 30 years now, I've seen the metamorphasis of wrestling from a local high school auditorium side show to global sensation, from 'rasslin to sports entertainment, and from violent to PG. Everyting changes and evolves. Accept change, enjoy the ride, and chill out!!

As far as Batista having something to say about this...How's that blossoming MMA career coming along there, buddy? Sour grapes, anyone?? Envious, much?? He needs to get a life & get over it.

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Last I checked, Linda McMahon's Conneticut senate campaign is what put the final nail into the coffin of the edgy WWE. people really need to stop bitching about the whole PG Era. You don't like it? Impact! Wrestling on Thursdays of ROH Wrestling wherever the hell you can find it at. Being a wrestling fan close to 30 years now, I've seen the metamorphasis of wrestling from a local high school auditorium side show to global sensation, from 'rasslin to sports entertainment, and from violent to PG. Everyting changes and evolves. Accept change, enjoy the ride, and chill out!!

As far as Batista having something to say about this...How's that blossoming MMA career coming along there, buddy? Sour grapes, anyone?? Envious, much?? He needs to get a life & get over it.

yea i posted about Linda 10 pages ago Vince does want the wwe to make her look bad so no edginess till loses the senate race and drops out

Earlier post
Vince created PG era for Linda's political career besides Batista suck anyways, but tv shows like The Simpsons, Teen mom and the girls next door(playboy) are all TV-PG and are way edgier WWE can have blood just excessive blood they can swear just too much they can have divas in sexual situations once or twice show and be suggestive (like the saying Lillian you get wet... with perspiration) and still be PG cause lets be real if it wasn't for the wrestling(violence) it would rated tv-g or tv-Y7

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 11:58 PM

Where did you get that information? And real fans? Who are you to say that adults are the real fans? Real fans are people that love wrestling. They will watch the product, even when it isn't good, and give their honest opinion on it. To say adults are the real fans is a generalization.

Firstly, I am a Rock fan. I'm not a huge fan, but I'm a fan nonetheless. I don't think hes a good wrestler, but hes one of the best on the mic, and hes damn entertaining for it. But like most other wrestlers, he gets stale, he gets boring. And yes, I'm talking about the almighty Rock here.

Secondly, Cena is the hardest working wrestler on the planet right now, and works even harder than The Rock ever did. The Rock was one of the posterboys for only 2 years or so. In that time, I'm sure he had to work harder, and give the WWF publicity etc. Cenas been the posterboy for over 4 years now, and hes been working harder than anyone else in the company - its even acknowledged by his fellow wrestlers, and the legendary Mick Foley. Cena has to put in more effort every night because hes booked for most events, even when not televised. Hes also got to make numerous media appearances. If that's not hard working, you must be deluded.

Lastly, you don't have to be a fan to defend someone. e.g. I don't like Hulk Hogan as a wrestler - I didn't like his wrestling, or his promos. But I have big respect for him because of what he did for the wrestling business.

[QUOTE=LegendsMadeWrestling;343904]

Thanks man for telling me exactly.how I feel about Cena and The Rock. Clearly we are to stupid to think for ourselves and need you to do it for us >.>

That wasn't aimed at you. That was aimed at bennylad, who said that we hate Cena half the time and love him the other half.

Honestly, this entire discussion is kinda fishy. Im willing to bet the lives of a thousand newborn puppies that if it was Mr. Everyones Hero CM Punk who said these remarks about John Cena being the cause of the PG era, then almost everyone would be agreeing and singing to the tune of CM Punk. But since it's Batista saying it, it's automatically wrong and almost no one agrees. Bunch of bullshit. The hate against Batista needs to stop. Batista was an awesome wrestler that made an impact on the WWE without a doubt. Who cares if he botched here and there. All of the greats have. Rock, Austin, Taker, Orton, Cena, Micheals...all have botched a lot in their careers. Get over it. Respect Batista for the time and effort he put into his career with the WWE.

That wouldn't make a difference if it was Punk. You're making these generalizations that DUBS alluded to. Not all of the IWC share the same mind dude. But I agree about Batista. I liked his matches and he was good on the mic. I think hes just frustrated about the direction the WWE went in.

Murphdogg4
12-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Batista is not the best source to call out Cena, but most casual non IWC fans agree with him about Cena, at least the adult ones. The IWC community in general defends Cena tooth and nail. Cena by all accounts is a great guy and hard worker, I'm just not a fan of his character, or ring skills. He is ef not responsible for WWE becoming bland that comes from Vinnie Mac himself like others said because of Linda's political dreams. So to sum things up, Cena is not responsible for the pg direction, and by the way the pg direction is not the E's problem the mid 80's WWF was awesome and it was pg to, even if you didn't like Hogan like I didn't as a kid there were so many other cool story lines and guys like Jake the Snake to root for you didnt need to hear the word ass every 5 seconds or see Mae young give birth to a hand to be entertained.

URATOOL
12-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Batista is not the best source to call out Cena, but most casual non IWC fans agree with him about Cena, at least the adult ones. The IWC community in general defends Cena tooth and nail. Cena by all accounts is a great guy and hard worker, I'm just not a fan of his character, or ring skills. He is ef not responsible for WWE becoming bland that comes from Vinnie Mac himself like others said because of Linda's political dreams. So to sum things up, Cena is not responsible for the pg direction, and by the way the pg direction is not the E's problem the mid 80's WWF was awesome and it was pg to, even if you didn't like Hogan like I didn't as a kid there were so many other cool story lines and guys like Jake the Snake to root for you didnt need to hear the word ass every 5 seconds or see Mae young give birth to a hand to be entertained.

RUSURE? I'm not gonna go count them, but I'd happily bet with you that there are more anti-Cena threads in this forum than pro-Cena ones.

I'd say it's more like the majority of the casual IWC member has more bad to say about Cena than good and the more involved member (those that have been around a while and understand a little more about the nature of the industry) see Cena as a necessary evil. We all know he works hard and must have at least enough abilities to get where hes got. But find how he is used and the role he is expected to play is stale.

twoot2
12-11-2011, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;344657]Where did you get that information? And real fans? Who are you to say that adults are the real fans? Real fans are people that love wrestling. They will watch the product, even when it isn't good, and give their honest opinion on it. To say adults are the real fans is a generalization.

Adults are the real fans or atleast the people aged over 16+ your telling me that Cenas fans who are aged 10 and under are real fans because they love watching wrestling when they dont know anything about it heres an example "CENAS THE BEST HE IS BETTER THAN THE ROCK BECAUSE HE HAS WON MORE TITLES" You are right in the fact that real fans will continue to watch the product even when it is not so good and i am one of those people but i dont take as much interest into it as i once used to i dont watch RAW Live every monday i dont watch smackdown everyweek and thats because it just isnt as good anymore and its turned into a kiddies show but i still watch it.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 12:52 PM
This is the thread that just keeps on giving!! :D

KJ PUNK
12-11-2011, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;344657]Where did you get that information? And real fans? Who are you to say that adults are the real fans? Real fans are people that love wrestling. They will watch the product, even when it isn't good, and give their honest opinion on it. To say adults are the real fans is a generalization.

Adults are the real fans or atleast the people aged over 16+ your telling me that Cenas fans who are aged 10 and under are real fans because they love watching wrestling when they dont know anything about it heres an example "CENAS THE BEST HE IS BETTER THAN THE ROCK BECAUSE HE HAS WON MORE TITLES" You are right in the fact that real fans will continue to watch the product even when it is not so good and i am one of those people but i dont take as much interest into it as i once used to i dont watch RAW Live every monday i dont watch smackdown everyweek and thats because it just isnt as good anymore and its turned into a kiddies show but i still watch it.

Do I need to send you a dictionary for Christmas so you can look up the definition of "fan"

Just because someone is under the age of 10 doesn't make them a "real fan." I'd even be willing to bet that that 10 year old watches more wrestling than you do. That kid follows the product with enthusiasm and watches every single week with excitement. That's what makes him or her a fan.

The fact you say you dont watch smackdown anymore proves my point. Smackdown has been the better show for the past few months. I bet you those little Jimmys could even tell you that

twoot2
12-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Do I need to send you a dictionary for Christmas so you can look up the definition of "fan"

Just because someone is under the age of 10 doesn't make them a "real fan." I'd even be willing to bet that that 10 year old watches more wrestling than you do. That kid follows the product with enthusiasm and watches every single week with excitement. That's what makes him or her a fan.

The fact you say you dont watch smackdown anymore proves my point. Smackdown has been the better show for the past few months. I bet you those little Jimmys could even tell you that

Im not just talking about todays product you idiot im talking about wrestling knowledge that they dont know because they probably only started watching wrestling 1..2.. maybe even 3 years or more ago thats why they come out with stupid stuff like the example i gave about Cena winning more titles so that makes him better than Rock.. And i should buy you a pair of glasses for christmas because when did i say i dont watch Smackdown anymore? i said i dont watch it everyweek not that i dont watch it at all and i wouldnt go over the top by saying a 10 year old watches more wrestling than i do and follows the product with entusiasm each week because they probs just watch RAW to see their hero Cena pull of a win with the 5 moves of doom so they can be happy

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
It is true what they say, people who haven't the intelligence to argue reasonably, resort to insults!!

I thought I'd garnered all the hilarity I could, out of this thread!! Happily, the fun just keeps rolling on!! :D

pauadrian
12-11-2011, 02:20 PM

everybody leave

Giddy
12-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Im not just talking about todays product you idiot im talking about wrestling knowledge that they dont know because they probably only started watching wrestling 1..2.. maybe even 3 years or more ago thats why they come out with stupid stuff like the example i gave about Cena winning more titles so that makes him better than Rock.. And i should buy you a pair of glasses for christmas because when did i say i dont watch Smackdown anymore? i said i dont watch it everyweek not that i dont watch it at all and i wouldnt go over the top by saying a 10 year old watches more wrestling than i do and follows the product with entusiasm each week because they probs just watch RAW to see their hero Cena pull of a win with the 5 moves of doom so they can be happy
Just because someone hasn't watched wrestler forever doesn't make them any less of a fan. A real fan is someone who truly loves wrestling, and I'm sure there are little kids out there with WWE lunchboxes, backpacks, etc because THEY LOVE watching wrestling. Sure they may not know as much as the guy who has watched wrestling 20 years and its still real to them dammit, but they still watch and enjoy wrestling, and that makes them "real fans"

pauadrian
12-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I almost wish everyone agreed with me. Then I realise that would be really annoying.

you remind me of IPITB except you don´t insult and i don´t think you will get banned

NiFe628
12-11-2011, 02:29 PM
The thing is, Cena is marketable. Good on the mic? Definitely. Appealing to the fans? No Doubt. Wrestling ability? Not so much, but he does enough to win over his fans (Granted, they all have a bedtime). HE didn't necessarily "Kill" hardcore wrestling. He merely changed the image of wrestling. Before Cena, yeah it was more edgy, and more attitude. But, you can't blame it all on one guy. McMahon merely built the PG era around Cena, doesn't mean it's Cena's fault at all.

pauadrian
12-11-2011, 02:30 PM
The thing is, Cena is marketable. Good on the mic? Definitely. Appealing to the fans? No Doubt. Wrestling ability? Not so much, but he does enough to win over his fans (Granted, they all have a bedtime). HE didn't necessarily "Kill" hardcore wrestling. He merely changed the image of wrestling. Before Cena, yeah it was more edgy, and more attitude. But, you can't blame it all on one guy. McMahon merely built the PG era around Cena, doesn't mean it's Cena's fault at all.

yes it´s all his fault just ask r-truth :)

Giddy
12-11-2011, 02:31 PM
yes it´s all his fault just ask r-truth :)
Itsa C-O-N-SPIRACY!

twoot2
12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Just because someone hasn't watched wrestler forever doesn't make them any less of a fan. A real fan is someone who truly loves wrestling, and I'm sure there are little kids out there with WWE lunchboxes, backpacks, etc because THEY LOVE watching wrestling. Sure they may not know as much as the guy who has watched wrestling 20 years and its still real to them dammit, but they still watch and enjoy wrestling, and that makes them "real fans"

Okay lets change "real" to harcore fans if that makes any more sense to you guys anyway i think we should put a close to this thread otherwise were going to get left in the past lol..

NiFe628
12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
...lil jimmy!

Giddy
12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Okay lets change "real" to harcore fans if that makes any more sense to you guys anyway i think we should put a close to this thread otherwise were going to get left in the past lol..
Yeah this thread went from something Batista said to arguing whether kids are real fans or not... This site is great

Peter Kaymakcian
12-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Not surprised; after all this is the same guy who said AJ Styles can't wrestle.

Robstar
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM

Bahahahahahahahahaha! An awesome wrestler? Um, ok.

I'm certain we've met before. You have an aroma of familiarity to you

Peter Kaymakcian
12-11-2011, 11:23 PM

You do realize that the only way Batista and awesome wrestler can only belong in the same sentence if the fragment isn't an is in between them. Calling Batista an awesome wrestler is like saying the Indianapolis Colts are an amazing team this year.

The Brown One
12-12-2011, 08:05 AM
This thread is interesting again.

I've never heard a kid say that lol. But I bet many kids watch more wrestling than you do now. Even if you watched wrestling back in the Attitude Era, that doesn't make you a "real fan". It doesn't make anyone who watched during then a real fan. Being a real fan means following the product, watching the matches, and not bitching about the "glory days" and how the WWE should go back to them.

It is true what they say, people who haven't the intelligence to argue reasonably, resort to insults!!

I thought I'd garnered all the hilarity I could, out of this thread!! Happily, the fun just keeps rolling on!! :D

That's what I've been saying for months! Finally people are catching on :cool:

PSOjedi
12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Nothing more to say.
Batista's remark is ridiculous !

Wade Barrett 1979
12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
That's what I've been saying for months! Finally people are catching on :cool:

Believe me chief, I've always been an advocate of that addage, it just takes a particular bout of 'special' posts, for me to drop it out there! :D

steveorton
12-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Batista is an ass he wasn't even in the AE imo Cena has had more hardcore matches than Batista. John Cena may be the face of the PG Era but he is in no way responsible for it. From a business perspective it was a great move and thats why Vince did it.

URATOOL
12-13-2011, 05:30 PM
http://ourwweviews.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/batista.jpg