PDA

View Full Version : Little Prestige and no real structure?

fredkrueg3r
12-09-2011, 08:13 PM
See Below ...

fredkrueg3r
12-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello im new here, but have been following the news on here for a while. Just to let you know, like many i dont really enjoy this PG era and was a massive attitude era fan. Before then i was also a big fan , but AE made me a BIG fan.

So this is my 1st post and i wanna bring up the topic of why this PG era isnt that enjoyable. Sure the storys cannot be too adult and the actual wrestling cannot be too violent anymore. But that doesnt mean it cannot be enjoyable, look back at the hogan/warrior days and it was still great. Now its bland , predictable , lacking characters and no real structure.

This is what i mean by structre. What is the best title in the company? The wwe or world heavyweight? Im not sure, a few years back i thought WH now it seems to be the wwe title. Whats higher prestige to have, the intercontinetal or US title? I just dont know anymore. Wheres the belt for the smaller , high flyer guys? Theres no cruiserweight or european title anymore, so theres not a title for these guys anymore.

This to me is a big problem. If theres no structure to things as basic as championships in the wwe , how can they start to improve the quality of other things in the show. To me it seems like the titles are defended against the same guys always, for example henry and big show as of late. Cene fighting for the title a million times. Cena SEEMS to of had more title matches than Stone cold had in his caree. This tell me there is too many titles. Imagine if we had 1 top championship again, there would be LOADS of top guys competing for that belt, cena, orton, miz, henry, show and punk just to name a few. This sounds like it was back in the AE, loads of top guys and 1 title, mankind, taker, kane, rock, austin, HHH etc.

Just a qucik recap on the IC title. Throughout wwe history it was the 2nd best title to hold, until the invasion. There was amazing matches over it , like razor and shawn. Warrior v Hogan in title v title. Granted Cody has made the title took prestigeous atm , but it still sits at 3rd or joint 3rd with the US title. They need to bring it back to no2 and redo the whole title structure.

IMO This is how the title structure should be :
1- wwe championship
2-IC
Title for Smaller/high flyers guys: Cruiserweight
Fun title : Hardcore (i understand the problem with this in PG era)
Womans title
Tag championships

Now we only have 2 titles for the tops guys, bringing more prestige and more competion to get them. Also it is very clear what title is the best to have. This will make more fueds per year, more glory in being the champion and more no1 contenders matches. Top guys can also carry the tag title matches and never go to waste.
Here is a quick example of what i imagine it to be like.
CM Punk vs Orton for the wwe title.
Four way competion for NO1 contendor: Sheamus, henry, show,cena.
IC champ: cody vs miz vs alberto.
Obviously these names are just chucked about at random, but it was just to try to show how top talent wouldnt go to waste. There would be no sheamus losing a battle royal to a little man. And obviously these names will circulate depending on who wins the belts and loses alot etc.

Please be honest and post your views. Hopefull some of you agree with me..

Thanks.

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Firstly: Welcome

Secondly: Topic over load

Thirdly: Can you hear that echo as well?

monctonvike
12-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Great read with tones of valid points. Oh and welcome to ewn!

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 02:47 AM
I'll say I think it a great idea..... but to many guys will be lost in the shuffle....
My idea would be
Unify the World and WWE title..... Have the champion compete on both Raw and Smackdown and occasionaly NXT and Superstars...

Keep the US title and IC title as brand titles for the mid carders lower main event guys to fight for..... but keep the supershow idea for certain mid card talent to face each other...
Then add a 2ndary maybe hardcore or TV/Internet title which could be a cross-brand title and could even be used to boost a NXT wrestler
the Crusier/Light weight which would be cross brand as well as World tag and divas/women title...

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Hello im new here, but have been following the news on here for a while. Just to let you know, like many i dont really enjoy this PG era and was a massive attitude era fan. Before then i was also a big fan , but AE made me a BIG fan.

So this is my 1st post and i wanna bring up the topic of why this PG era isnt that enjoyable. Sure the storys cannot be too adult and the actual wrestling cannot be too violent anymore. But that doesnt mean it cannot be enjoyable, look back at the hogan/warrior days and it was still great. Now its bland , predictable , lacking characters and no real structure.

This is what i mean by structre. What is the best title in the company? The wwe or world heavyweight? Im not sure, a few years back i thought WH now it seems to be the wwe title. Whats higher prestige to have, the intercontinetal or US title? I just dont know anymore. Wheres the belt for the smaller , high flyer guys? Theres no cruiserweight or european title anymore, so theres not a title for these guys anymore.

This to me is a big problem. If theres no structure to things as basic as championships in the wwe , how can they start to improve the quality of other things in the show. To me it seems like the titles are defended against the same guys always, for example henry and big show as of late. Cene fighting for the title a million times. Cena SEEMS to of had more title matches than Stone cold had in his caree. This tell me there is too many titles. Imagine if we had 1 top championship again, there would be LOADS of top guys competing for that belt, cena, orton, miz, henry, show and punk just to name a few. This sounds like it was back in the AE, loads of top guys and 1 title, mankind, taker, kane, rock, austin, HHH etc.

Just a qucik recap on the IC title. Throughout wwe history it was the 2nd best title to hold, until the invasion. There was amazing matches over it , like razor and shawn. Warrior v Hogan in title v title. Granted Cody has made the title took prestigeous atm , but it still sits at 3rd or joint 3rd with the US title. They need to bring it back to no2 and redo the whole title structure.

IMO This is how the title structure should be :
1- wwe championship
2-IC
Title for Smaller/high flyers guys: Cruiserweight
Fun title : Hardcore (i understand the problem with this in PG era)
Womans title
Tag championships

Now we only have 2 titles for the tops guys, bringing more prestige and more competion to get them. This will make more fueds per year, more glory in being the champion more no1 contend

There's already two titles for the top guys. What you're saying is that you would just like to do what they did back then, and have only 1 WWE title, and the IC title being second. Now its different, because the WHC is second. The problem aren't the titles. If you make the IC title your 2nd best title, it doesn't make it more prestigious. What adds prestige to a title are long reigns, having champions that defend their title regularly, and good storylines. Now we have the WWE title playing hot potato, so IMO that title has lost the most amount of prestige. The IC title has gained lots of prestige over this year, but Rhodes should defend it more, which we may see against Booker. Same goes for the US title.

fredkrueg3r
12-10-2011, 11:26 AM
In reply to the above comment. I see it like this , there are currently 4 titles for the top guys not 2, the WWE and WHC titles, ranked at top 2. Then the US ans IC ranked at 3rd and 4th. But as we all see it now, the IC and US are poor to hold in comparison. But this should not be the case, the champions should be champions. Too many of them is bizarre in my mind and underminds top titles like the US title and IC. These are 4 great titles to hold, but as i said above US and IC titles seem to be overlooked and not great to hold. This also makes the WWE and WHC looks worse aswell, what one is the best? i honestly cannot say in confidence. I guess what im trying to say is i prefer 2 top titles with clear understanding of there rank to 4 titles with no real confidence on what belt is the best to hold.