PDA

View Full Version : Define interim.

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Johnny Ace has been the Interim Raw GM for 2 months now. TWO MONTHS. How is that still interim? There has been no mention of trying to find a full time one. No mention of whether Johnny will get the job full time. Will this just drift for a few months more and then be forgotten about and the anon GM is rebooted?

SESAfro
12-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Interim means temporary or for a limited amount of time.

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Interim means temporary or for a limited amount of time.

Yes. We all know that.

Tomsta666
12-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Im assuming when Triple H comes back he'll oust him?

SESAfro
12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes. We all know that.
You asked.

He can be Interim GM for 2 years and lose the job. There is technically no time limit. I honestly think he'll be gone within a few more months.

Rassling_Fan
12-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Interim reigns can last months. Jorge Arce was an interim champion for nine months.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-09-2011, 06:19 PM
You asked.

He can be Interim GM for 2 years and lose the job. There is technically no time limit. I honestly think he'll be gone within a few more months.

This is true! Interim basically means interval or between and is no defined period of time! So there you go! :p

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Foley 4 GM. Make it happen.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Yup, he'd be my ideal pick!!

K2Jelly
12-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Lord, no. You want "This Is Your Life" every week? Now Mr. Socko. There's a good candidate. He just needs to stop holding Foley's hand and make his own decisions.

VanHooliganX
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Interim = Mr. Excitement!

;)

wrestlingfan66513
12-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Foley or Regal and I will be happy

CobraNightviper
12-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Hasn't Regal already been g.m twice already?

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Johnny Ace has been the Interim Raw GM for 2 months now. TWO MONTHS. How is that still interim? There has been no mention of trying to find a full time one. No mention of whether Johnny will get the job full time. Will this just drift for a few months more and then be forgotten about and the anon GM is rebooted?

Look at Baseball and the term Interim.... Wasn't Bud Selig Interm commisoner in MLB for 6 to 7 years before being named commisioner.... Interim can be 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or in some cases several years....

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 02:10 AM
You asked.

True ......

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 02:12 AM

Hope not Foley as a GM/authority role in WWE = boring...
Foley as Authority figure in TNA = Exciting ...

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Define Interim.

in·ter·im/ˈintərəm/
Noun:
The intervening time: "in the interim I'll keep working".
Adjective:
In or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary: "the interim government".
Synonyms:
noun. interval
adjective. temporary - provisional - provisory - transient

Hope this helps in your understanding of the term interim. :)

Y2Jryder
12-10-2011, 08:22 AM
You say Foley i'd say Shane

Dr. Death
12-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Define Interim.

in·ter·im/ˈintərəm/
Noun:
The intervening time: "in the interim I'll keep working".
Adjective:
In or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary: "the interim government".
Synonyms:
noun. interval
adjective. temporary - provisional - provisory - transient

Hope this helps in your understanding of the term interim.

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
{In a raspy voice}
it's a social experiment OK i can be very creative OK I'm a fair and unbiased Gm OK
I'm Mr. Excitement OK interim mean til further notice OK
if you don't got it, get it, if you don't get it, figure it out

BlazersDozen
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Would it have made you happier if they say Johnny Ace is the RAW GM indeffintly

THEKEVINBRAND
12-11-2011, 04:00 PM
An interim is a temporary pause in a line of succession or event. It is frequently used as an appositive noun, in which case it serves as an adjective meaning "in between", "transitional" or "temporary". It may refer to:

In projects, an interim report is often compiled to analyze how the project is proceeding, before its final completion. Interim analysis is important in medical trials, to ensure that the patients are not exposed to unnecessary danger during the trial.

An interim official is a person who is filling an official role temporarily. This can be in between two other people, or when the normal person is temporarily unable to do it and somebody else must fill in temporarily or without following the ordinary protocol. For example, a school can have an interim principal, or a country can have an interim prime minister. The interim person may also be called an acting principal or acting prime minister, as they do not have the official position, but serve in the same manner. A specific usage of this term is the interim leader in Canadian politics. The Episcopal Church uses interim clergy to support parishes following the departure of a rector (senior priest) to work with the parish on grieving, the development of new leadership, a rebirth of relationships with a Bishop and diocesan staff, and to encourage discernment for the future without the influence of the former rector - the people of the parish being the "Church." This helps with the call of a new rector.

Interim management is used by businesses in trouble, which need extra management resources to control the crisis or change the direction of the company. An interim manager is a person who provides temporary managerial support usually at executive level to an organization and the achievement of its business objectives.

An interim solution is a solution to bridge a connection between two different things. This is usually associated with computer networking and the interim solutions between different network protocols.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-11-2011, 04:03 PM
An interim is a temporary pause in a line of succession or event. It is frequently used as an appositive noun, in which case it serves as an adjective meaning "in between", "transitional" or "temporary". It may refer to:

In projects, an interim report is often compiled to analyze how the project is proceeding, before its final completion. Interim analysis is important in medical trials, to ensure that the patients are not exposed to unnecessary danger during the trial.

An interim official is a person who is filling an official role temporarily. This can be in between two other people, or when the normal person is temporarily unable to do it and somebody else must fill in temporarily or without following the ordinary protocol. For example, a school can have an interim principal, or a country can have an interim prime minister. The interim person may also be called an acting principal or acting prime minister, as they do not have the official position, but serve in the same manner. A specific usage of this term is the interim leader in Canadian politics. The Episcopal Church uses interim clergy to support parishes following the departure of a rector (senior priest) to work with the parish on grieving, the development of new leadership, a rebirth of relationships with a Bishop and diocesan staff, and to encourage discernment for the future without the influence of the former rector - the people of the parish being the "Church." This helps with the call of a new rector.

Interim management is used by businesses in trouble, which need extra management resources to control the crisis or change the direction of the company. An interim manager is a person who provides temporary managerial support usually at executive level to an organization and the achievement of its business objectives.

An interim solution is a solution to bridge a connection between two different things. This is usually associated with computer networking and the interim solutions between different network protocols.

Yeah but what does it MEAN?! :D

Tommy Thunder
12-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Interim means that he's got the job until they find a permanent replacement. That could meant that he'll lose the job tomorrow, or in 2 years. Who knows. Until they find someone to take the job permanently, Ace is the interim GM.

Take my local church as an example. Our vicar stepped down from his position 4 years ago. Since then they've had an interim vicar in place. There's still no word on a permanent replacement being found.

That helped you out Tool?

URATOOL
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Awwww how sweet. Some of you actually posted definitions of interim in an effort to help me understand.

Hook, line and.........

Tommy Thunder
12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Awwww how sweet. Some of you actually posted definitions of interim in an effort to help me understand.

Hook, line and.........

Are you saying that you set up this thread in order to lure us to post definitions of 'interim'?

URATOOL
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Are you saying that you set up this thread in order to lure us to post definitions of 'interim'?

It was more as a dig at the fact they are dangling the prospect of a new GM by calling Ace an interim GM rather than just a GM. The hook, line comment is more about the fact some of you are so guilible that you talked each other into believing I didn't know what the actual definition of interim is. Ah the wonders of internet forums.

Tommy Thunder
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
It was more as a dig at the fact they are dangling the prospect of a new GM by calling Ace an interim GM rather than just a GM. The hook, line comment is more about the fact some of you are so guilible that you talked each other into believing I didn't know what the actual definition of interim is. Ah the wonders of internet forums.

It didn't occur to you that we (or some of us at least) may have actually defined the word 'interim' to you as a joke? Or are you suggesting that we're all that much more stupid than you are?

URATOOL
12-11-2011, 05:01 PM
It didn't occur to you that we (or some of us at least) may have actually defined the word 'interim' to you as a joke? Or are you suggesting that we're all that much more stupid than you are?

Not all of you.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-11-2011, 07:11 PM

Hook, line and.........

.......sinker!

masakaritko
12-11-2011, 07:21 PM
interim general manager-noun-funkman, the aura of the funkmeister, temporary but indefinate funk in the arena, smells like funk, Johnny Ace
ex. I am the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and the Interim General Manager of Raw, John Laurinaitis.
and end scene.

LoGik
12-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Lord, no. You want "This Is Your Life" every week? Now Mr. Socko. There's a good candidate. He just needs to stop holding Foley's hand and make his own decisions.

hahaha oh that's a good one.

Spextasy
12-23-2011, 09:37 PM
My money's on HBK. Triple H hires him / brings him back as the Raw GM and "fires" John Laurinaitis without Shawn breaking his "vow" to not come out of retirement, since he wouldn't be competing. This would also segue into him allegedly refereeing Trips' match w/ Taker at Mania. Just my speculation. And possibly wishful thinking on seeing Shawn again. :)

Shaz11
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
My money's on HBK. Triple H hires him / brings him back as the Raw GM and "fires" John Laurinaitis without Shawn breaking his "vow" to not come out of retirement, since he wouldn't be competing. This would also segue into him allegedly refereeing Trips' match w/ Taker at Mania. Just my speculation. And possibly wishful thinking on seeing Shawn again. :)

This ^^^^^^^^

Cabers
12-24-2011, 11:08 AM
You asked.

The sooner the better really. The fact he sounds like someone hit him in the nuts is just painful listening to him and he seems unable to string a sentence together as well. Kinda of like teddy long!