PDA

View Full Version : The last great FEUD?

nrb6304
10-17-2010, 05:23 AM
To me in WWE there hasn't been an AWESOME feud in the WWE in almost 6 years. All the feuds now days in WWE are completely stale.
GRANTED, the Kane/Taker feud has been pretty good, and the Nexus/Cena program isn't turning out horrible, but besides that no feud recently has stuck out in my mind.

Austin/McMahon(1998-2001)
Triple H/The Rock(1997?-2000)
Undertaker and the Higher Power (1999)
Undertaker/Kane(1997-2010)
Mankind/Rock(1998-2000)

These are feuds that stand out to me but recently in the last decade only a few really really stand out.
Evolution (2002-2005)
DX/McMahon(2006)
John Cena/Edge (2006)

But to me, the greatest feud in the past decade is one between Shawn Michaels and Triple H.
From 2002-2004 they had
Street Fights
Cage Matches
Ladder Matches
Last Man Standing Matches
Elimination Chambers
Triple Threats
Fatal Four Ways
Six Man Tags
Single Matches
and finally
a Hell in a Cell match

And every on of them was amazing! Not a single dud in all of them, and what made it great was that they didn't fight every month and it was a long drawn out feud. And they used every element they could. Bringing in the old mutual friend in Kevin Nash. HBK running through Evolution. HBK "costing" Triple H the World Title at Wrestlemania XX. It was just amazing.

So what about you guys? What was the last great feud to you?

Kashdinero
10-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Shawn michaels v chris Jericho. Chris Jericho v rey mysterio.

Jericho is one of the greatest ever at keeping a feud going.

I hope he comes back soon. Compared to undertaker, Kane, triple h and the "other oldies" in wwe Jericho never appears stale.

DirtySteal
10-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Its because he keeps changing his character so often and its such a breath of fresh air. He was in an interview not so long ago and was talking about how his character changes throught time, he's one of the few superstars that actually do that. The only thing Cena changes it the colour of his merch.

I Agree with the feuds above, anything with Y2J in it is great, even the small ones like him and Bourne.

I'll tell you a feud I'd like to see kick off again and this time drawn out a bit longer and in a few more matches is Bryan Vs Miz. I think they could have taken that very far.

Ruggy
10-17-2010, 07:15 AM
The problem is that there are too many "gimmick" matchs for the title i.e. elimination chamber etc. The World title sceen is getting very diluted. All the top guys have wrestled each other numerous times and there is nothing fresh.

Kid_Gangsta
10-17-2010, 09:32 AM
To me in WWE there hasn't been an AWESOME feud in the WWE in almost 6 years. All the feuds now days in WWE are completely stale.
GRANTED, the Kane/Taker feud has been pretty good, and the Nexus/Cena program isn't turning out horrible, but besides that no feud recently has stuck out in my mind.

Austin/McMahon(1998-2001)
Triple H/The Rock(1997?-2000)
Undertaker and the Higher Power (1999)
Undertaker/Kane(1997-2010)
Mankind/Rock(1998-2000)

These are feuds that stand out to me but recently in the last decade only a few really really stand out.
Evolution (2002-2005)
DX/McMahon(2006)
John Cena/Edge (2006)

But to me, the greatest feud in the past decade is one between Shawn Michaels and Triple H.
From 2002-2004 they had
Street Fights
Cage Matches
Ladder Matches
Last Man Standing Matches
Elimination Chambers
Triple Threats
Fatal Four Ways
Six Man Tags
Single Matches
and finally
a Hell in a Cell match

And every on of them was amazing! Not a single dud in all of them, and what made it great was that they didn't fight every month and it was a long drawn out feud. And they used every element they could. Bringing in the old mutual friend in Kevin Nash. HBK running through Evolution. HBK "costing" Triple H the World Title at Wrestlemania XX. It was just amazing.

So what about you guys? What was the last great feud to you?

WHAT?! I dont think youve been watching the WWE these past couple years. Just last year we had Orton vs Hunter, FUED OF THE YEAR. (granted PWI is not what it used to be but still) Go a year back, u had Y2J vs HBK another fued of the year. Hardy vs Punk, Taker vs Edge, Taker vs HBK! We were given alot of good fueds these past couple of years. I think the best wrestling company in the world still has the magic http://i53.tinypic.com/2ni718x.gif

Splattered-Dreams
10-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Rey vs Eddie was great, don't know if anyone's mentioned that yet. Edge/Matt Hardy is another one

I know this was nearly 10 years ago, but anyone remember the Benoit/jericho feud? Countless great matches

Rich Cranium
10-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Chavo vs. Rey

shanethewolf
10-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Daniel Bryan vs. Michael Cole was the best feud for over a decade...oh wait, WWE cancelled that one and brushed it under the carpet. Best potential feud for over a decade then.

marc
10-17-2010, 11:43 AM
I think we have to include Bret Hart and Stone Cold.

DirtySteal
10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I know this was nearly 10 years ago, but anyone remember the Benoit/jericho feud? Countless great matches

YES! I was young during the time they had a rivalry but will always remember the Ladder Match between them at Royal Rumble as one of the best matches of my childhood. Period.

Hardy / Punk rivalry was sick, although too short IMO. That era was when Smackdown! was awesome.

Scottland
10-17-2010, 01:25 PM
YES! I was young during the time they had a rivalry but will always remember the Ladder Match between them at Royal Rumble as one of the best matches of my childhood. Period.

Hardy / Punk rivalry was sick, although too short IMO. That era was when Smackdown! was awesome.

Smackdown was awesome when they had a roster filled with talents like The Rock, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker & so forth. That was the last time Smackdown was truly awesome.

Scottland
10-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't believe no one has mentioned arguably the greatest feud of all-time...The Rock vs. Stone Cold. That's a feud for the ages.

Other feuds people have forgotten:
The Rock vs. Shane McMahon/Big Show
Stone Cold vs. Triple H
The Rock vs. Stone Cold/Vince McMahon/Triple H
Stone Cold vs. The Undertaker
The Rock vs. Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels
The Rock vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker (probably the best triple threat feud ever)
The Undertaker vs. Mankind
Triple H vs. Mankind
The Rock vs. Hollywood Hogan
Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Roman (a Federation Era feud)

I could name off a ton more...but then again, it seems the Attitude Era was the era for legendary feuds.

P.S. The last great feud the WWE had was Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker.

Havoc2015
10-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Have we forgot about The Rock vs. Goldberg or Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle? C'mon guys.

Cornzone2
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
My favorite 3 feuds of the past 2 years are, Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho, CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy, and Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker.

the wrestling shade
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Its because he keeps changing his character so often and its such a breath of fresh air. He was in an interview not so long ago and was talking about how his character changes throught time, he's one of the few superstars that actually do that. The only thing Cena changes it the colour of his merch.

I Agree with the feuds above, anything with Y2J in it is great, even the small ones like him and Bourne.

I'll tell you a feud I'd like to see kick off again and this time drawn out a bit longer and in a few more matches is Bryan Vs Miz. I think they could have taken that very far.
what about cm punk he was doig great on smackdown but recently his dominant had fade away and i think that wwe should work on him more

Scottland
10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Have we forgot about The Rock vs. Goldberg or Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle? C'mon guys.

The Rock vs. Goldberg feud was a total joke. That feud was just to give Goldberg a huge push because The Rock was doing WWE a favor (Rock was leaving for Hollywood) let alone The Rock was one of the reasons Goldberg came to the WWE. That feud as well as The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar feud was another joke.

ratedy2jayz
10-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said Bret Hart vs HBK/Mcmahon. Also, WWF vs WCW

Kashdinero
10-17-2010, 03:38 PM
what about cm punk he was doig great on smackdown but recently his dominant had fade away and i think that wwe should work on him more

A C.M punk v Daniel Bryan feud would be epic. Their matches in ROH were of the charts!

merhardt03
10-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Imma go with lesnar vs angle. Other greats I enjoyed was Austin hbk vs hart foundation.

KSTornado
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Didn't Benoit and Angle have a fued?

Tommy Thunder
10-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Before anyone else does so, please allow ME to give MY infinite wisdom on this matter!!

The last 'great feud in my opinion was HBK/Jericho. But as people have said, Punk/Hardy was great, Taker/HBK was good, and Jericho/Mysterio and HHH/Orton were great feuds too. HHH/HBK was an epic feud, and is one of my favorite feuds ever.

Now that's REAL infinite wisdom!!

BevinBoyz
10-17-2010, 05:37 PM
BEST FEUD OFF ALL TIME!!! HORNSWOGGLE VS. CHAVO!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

johnadah
10-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Shawn michaels v chris Jericho. Chris Jericho v rey mysterio.

Jericho is one of the greatest ever at keeping a feud going.

I hope he comes back soon. Compared to undertaker, Kane, triple h and the "other oldies" in wwe Jericho never appears stale.

I completely agree. It's hard not to automatically qualify any feud Jericho is involved in as a great feud. Whether it's against Mysterio, Orton, Cena, Steamboat or anyone. Yes, even that short feud against Evan Bourne was great and yielded some amazing matches. Personally, I'd love to to see Jericho run a long program with either John Morrison or a face Ted Debiase Jr. I've been waiting 18 months for a Ted Jr. heel turn, and someone like Jericho would make it very interesting.

As far as great feuds, I'd have to say Sting vs. the entire nWo in the mid to late 90s was a phenomenal feud. More recently, the best feud that I can recall may have been John Morrison and CM Punk when they feuded over the "ECW" Championship.

Scottland
10-17-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said Bret Hart vs HBK/Mcmahon. Also, WWF vs WCW

Two other great feuds right there.

Scottland
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
BEST FEUD OFF ALL TIME!!! HORNSWOGGLE VS. CHAVO!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

OMG! That was a terrible feud. That was a feud so many people wanted it to end.

DirtySteal
10-17-2010, 06:56 PM

CM Punk hasnt changed too much, he went from his Face character to his S.E.S heel one and now he's just been moved to RAW, I notice he's a bit more aggressive than his previous character but he hasnt really changed.

If he was to change in the magnitude that Jericho changes, he would need to completly drop everything about him. Remember King of my World Jericho? compare him to the Y2J we have now, verrrry different.

But yeah, I think his dominace needs to be restored. I think WWE made the right move putting him on RAW though.

DirtySteal
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Wow, Yeah I forgot about HBK/Vince That was great. I thought Shawn almost killed himself when he dived off the 20 foot ladder onto the Spirit Squad.

Haha, Ziggler as a male cheerleader.

Robstar
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Don't know about anyone else but the most recent for me was HBK/'Taker. It went for over a year and although they slipped off and did other things, they bought the momentum back and gave Shawn's last match the ultimate build-up IMO. Just because they only actually wrestled a couple of times, it was just great story telling, which makes a good feud.

IrkenInvader
10-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Santino/Santina vs Divas Division.

Bodom
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Santino/Santina vs Divas Division.

Feud of the goddamn Century.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Don't know about anyone else but the most recent for me was HBK/'Taker. It went for over a year and although they slipped off and did other things, they bought the momentum back and gave Shawn's last match the ultimate build-up IMO. Just because they only actually wrestled a couple of times, it was just great story telling, which makes a good feud.

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Rob you are two stars away from the grand prize (I think you know what that is). Keep up the good work. Man, i am tired/hungover and a little salty that my buckeyes lost. Had a great time in Wisconsin though. Regent Street by Camp Randall is the shit. Lucky's bar and grill is one of the best places ever. You can definitely get crunked up there, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Dyslexics have more fnu.

nrb6304
10-17-2010, 07:39 PM

A lot of people have mentioned this one, but to be honest, to me this wasn't a FEUD this was one match that was AWESOME and then a small program to build towards another AWESOME match. They never not onced mentioned Undertaker or HBK during the year between WM 25-26 except for like the one night in MSG, and then every RAW after the Slammy's.
YES the 2 matches were AWESOME but that's not a FEUD that's 2 matches.

I did forget about the Punk/Hardy feud that feud was good but WAAAAAAY too short.
Eddie and Rey was good too, but to me IMO HBK/HHH was just art

IrkenInvader
10-17-2010, 07:52 PM
I think the only reason why they gave Hardy the title that many times in a short time was to try and convince him to stay and sign another contract.
For me its Andre/Hogan.

Drkneo
10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
A couple of my personal favorites were triple h vs mankind/cactus jack and the original undertaker/kane feud from 97 i believe? also u can't forget austin/rock whether on the mic or in the ring they had great chemistry together

Robstar
10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
A lot of people have mentioned this one, but to be honest, to me this wasn't a FEUD this was one match that was AWESOME and then a small program to build towards another AWESOME match. They never not onced mentioned Undertaker or HBK during the year between WM 25-26 except for like the one night in MSG, and then every RAW after the Slammy's.
YES the 2 matches were AWESOME but that's not a FEUD that's 2 matches.

I did forget about the Punk/Hardy feud that feud was good but WAAAAAAY too short.
Eddie and Rey was good too, but to me IMO HBK/HHH was just art

If you look at the history of real life feuds, between tribes and clans, a feud is not defined by how many clashes you have rather than a rivalry over time.

To Quote; The dispute is subsequently fuelled by a long-running cycle of retaliatory violence. This continual cycle of provocation and retaliation makes it extremely difficult to end the feud peacefully.

Was there not sufficient taunting and baiting and brief attack segments to constitute a feud? IMO, yes. IMO, it's not simply about quantity of matches over time, which also is obviously a feud also, but there's more than one approach to the way it plays out.

BevinBoyz
10-17-2010, 08:51 PM
OMG! That was a terrible feud. That was a feud so many people wanted it to end.

it was a sarcastic post. just to see what some would say lol..

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-17-2010, 08:56 PM
If you look at the history of real life feuds, between tribes and clans, a feud is not defined by how many clashes you have rather than a rivalry over time.

To Quote; The dispute is subsequently fuelled by a long-running cycle of retaliatory violence. This continual cycle of provocation and retaliation makes it extremely difficult to end the feud peacefully.

Was there not sufficient taunting and baiting and brief attack segments to constitute a feud? IMO, yes. IMO, it's not simply about quantity of matches over time, which also is obviously a feud also, but there's more than one approach to the way it plays out.

Rob you are one golden star away from the grand prize. Damn man, first I was impressed with you using plebs, now this. CLAP CLAP CLAP, my friend you truly do have infinite wisdom. Dare I say you are the next Marcus Aurelious. Im a little mad I didnt say plebs first but I cant always be perfect now can I.

infinite wisdom
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Kashdinero
10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Didn't Benoit and Angle have a fued?

Yes. It was brilliant. As you would imagine.

Scottland
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM
it was a sarcastic post. just to see what some would say lol..

Yeah...I know it was a sarcastic post & I just had to say something about it.

Scottland
10-17-2010, 09:36 PM
A couple of my personal favorites were triple h vs mankind/cactus jack and the original undertaker/kane feud from 97 i believe? also u can't forget austin/rock whether on the mic or in the ring they had great chemistry together

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Rock/Austin. I mentioned it earlier on this thread.

Scottland
10-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow, Yeah I forgot about HBK/Vince That was great. I thought Shawn almost killed himself when he dived off the 20 foot ladder onto the Spirit Squad.

Haha, Ziggler as a male cheerleader.

HBK vs. Vince McMahon was a great feud.

alexrules01
10-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I know not a major feud, but one feud that stood out was the Benoit/Booker T feud where they had the 7-match competition over the US(?) title, which also included Orton. That feud was pretty awesome
Jericho vs Anyone
Hardy vs Hardy - One of Matts best promos, with the dog collar very sad though
And not really a feud... but JBL ripping on the Miz. I would have loved to see a full on Miz vs JBL feud
Speaking of JBL, Cena vs JBL for Cena's first world title was good, was about the time i started watching wrestling

Tommy Thunder
10-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Rob you are one golden star away from the grand prize. Damn man, first I was impressed with you using plebs, now this. CLAP CLAP CLAP, my friend you truly do have infinite wisdom. Dare I say you are the next Marcus Aurelious. Im a little mad I didnt say plebs first but I cant always be perfect now can I.

infinite wisdom
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel 25:17.

REAL infinite wisdom.

Kid_Gangsta
10-17-2010, 11:26 PM
ALSO as previously stated, the Rey vs Eddie feud was gold. i was 11 when that feud was on so it didnt really take much for me to hate Eddie. hes promos sucked and i reacted to every word he said. it was so great that i convinced my dad to order Summerslam 05 just to see that ladder match. man we lost an excellent performer in EG. RIP EG. http://i51.tinypic.com/b4xh09.gif he even died on my bday nov 13th smh

Bralon23
10-18-2010, 01:39 AM
The Power Trip (Stone Cold/Triple H) vs. Everyone. And I don't think anyone mentioned Stone Cold vs. McMahon. And definitely Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker.

Scottland
10-18-2010, 03:16 AM
The Power Trip (Stone Cold/Triple H) vs. Everyone. And I don't think anyone mentioned Stone Cold vs. McMahon. And definitely Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker.

Dude, all those where mentioned.

TheAgeOfAndy
10-18-2010, 07:09 AM
The era when SmackDown was awesome was when Steph was in charge... It's the only time since the brand extension that I remember SmackDown and RAW being equally good.

If possible, I would happily welcome back Steph and Bischoff as GMs.

Nexus4Life
10-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Edge Vs Eddie Gurrero was epic! Watched there No Dq Match that was on smackdown and man that was a great match!

cubco
10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Y2J vs HBK

U MAD?

Xpacfan
10-19-2010, 10:31 AM
The last great fued that I've seen in wrestling lately were between The Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money. Those matches are classic!

Bodom
10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
The last great fued that I've seen in wrestling lately were between The Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money. Those matches are classic!

This was the best feud TNA had done since the Beer Money - Team 3D feud

NecroButcher187
10-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Don't know about the last greatest, but I loved the Sting-Big Van Vader feud. Thats before the PPV era tainted the development of feuds. They feuded for over a year with the WCW Heavyweight title in the midst of it all. It was the real good vs. bad, with the bad guy seemingly unstoppable at times, but you had to keep hope that good would prevail in the end. One of the best in my opinion....