PDA

View Full Version : Tag team tournament RAW special

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 03:46 PM
To reboot the tag team division they should strip Air Boom of the titles and have a tournament for the vacant title. Have 16 guys in a draw. For the first 4 matches have the teams randomly drawn (well appear to be random). We might get some good new teams out of it.

Vegas
12-09-2011, 03:50 PM
To reboot the tag team division they should strip Air Boom of the titles and have a tournament for the vacant title. Have 16 guys in a draw. For the first 4 matches have the teams randomly drawn (well appear to be random). We might get some good new teams out of it.

Why strip Air Boom?

Rilla
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Why random teams? They have at least five. So only 3 would need to be random.

Air Boom
Curt/Reks
The Colons
Titus/Percy
Usos

+

3 other teams.

Ruthless_Aggression
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Air Boom
Curt/Reks
The Colons
Titus/Percy
Usos

+

3 other teams.

I don't think the average fan knows who all those people are (and yes, I include Air Boom), so the tag division still has a long way to go to become relevant.

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Why strip Air Boom?

Cause it's really hard to have a tournament for the vacant titles if you don't!!

Air Boom
Curt/Reks
The Colons
Titus/Percy
Usos

+

3 other teams.

Because this is about expanding the tag division and experimenting with NEW teams.

Vegas
12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Cause it's really hard to have a tournament for the vacant titles if you don't!!

Than have a tournament to crown #1 contenders instead of stripping the titles from Air Boom. Passing titles around like that brings down the prestige.

Rilla
12-09-2011, 04:20 PM

Because this is about expanding the tag division and experimenting with NEW teams.

Like Ruthless said, the average fan probably won't know those teams, no need to create all new teams, when those are already virtually new. :P

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Than have a tournament to crown #1 contenders instead of stripping the titles from Air Boom. Passing titles around like that brings down the prestige.

One of the IWC's biggest lines of bollocks. Yes passing them around every few weeks is a bit crappy. But prestige doesn't solely equal long reigns. I'd rather the tag titles were fought for with passion and changed hands semi regularly, rather than sat on the waists for teams like Air Boomor Bowtunga and MM for months.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I like this idea. On top of finding new tag teams, new singles feuds could be made available (due to team implosions).

You should join creative.

Callum
12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
This could work but it would have to be for the no.1 contenders. It would allow the wwe to see which teams work and they could bring up some teams from Fcw, they could spread it out over raw and smackdown.

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM
This could work but it would have to be for the no.1 contenders. It would allow the wwe to see which teams work and they could bring up some teams from Fcw, they could spread it out over raw and smackdown.

Nah. Have Air Boom piss of Johnny Ace for some reason. They can be in the tournement, but have them stripped first.

SESAfro
12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
They could have done this while Bourne was suspended. Play off an injury angle and a believable reason for the team to be stripped of the titles. But they can still do it so that the winners get a chance at the titles. Cause at the moment Air Boom just have them just to have them at the moment, due to the aforementioned suspension.

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
They could have done this while Bourne was suspended. Play off an injury angle and a believable reason for the team to be stripped of the titles. But they can still do it so that the winners get a chance at the titles. Cause at the moment Air Boom just have them just to have them at the moment, due to the aforementioned suspension.

I'm still in shock at the brass nuts of Vince. To let Bourne suspension just go by, no mention of his absense at all. Just keep put Kofi in singles matches as "one half of the Tag Team champions"..... errrrr where's the little fella with the simple face....

Bret Owen Smith
12-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I like the idea. But the wwe would probably just kill the division again in a few years, by splitting teams up with a draft like they did years ago.

Nothing good came from splitting the Dudley's! Nothing!...And I liked La' Resistance.

Ruthless_Aggression
12-09-2011, 07:06 PM
If they had the talent to use it, it would work. I remember the SD! tag team tournament in 2002 when the 'E still had the roster for it. I remember teams like Los Guerreros, Edge and Rey Mysterio, and Kurt Angle/Benoit. The 'E just doesn't have the roster it used to.

CobraNightviper
12-09-2011, 07:37 PM
This could work as long as the teams were'nt enemies or just don't look right together.

Lowki
12-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Great idea but instead of a tournament have a 10minute battle royal where, once your partner's been eliminated, your team are out. At the end have Hornswoggle run in and trip one of Uso's out of the ring to win it for his team! Horny and JTG tag team champions!

I'm sure i just did exactly what Vince does at Creative meetings.

latinoheat928
12-09-2011, 09:09 PM

this sounds very similar to TNA's Deuces Wild Tag Team Tournament back in 2008

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 09:28 PM
this sounds very similar to TNA's Deuces Wild Tag Team Tournament back in 2008

Ok.

Did it work? Did the fans enjoy it? Did it produce any good new teams? If the answer is yes to at least two of these questions then I say give it a go.

latinoheat928
12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Ok.

Did it work? Did the fans enjoy it? Did it produce any good new teams? If the answer is yes to at least two of these questions then I say give it a go.

work - not exactly
fans enjoy - after the first round it was just well known teams so hard to say
new teams - the only random teams made were:
booker t and robert roode - nope
sting and james storm - nope
kip james and matt morgan - nope
bg james and awesome kong - nope

but then again, those teams didnt even make it past the first round so it could work if they get the right stars and at least get them ahead in the tournament

Peter Kaymakcian
12-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I say do what TNA did with the Deuces Wild Tournament with a few exceptions:

1.) The Four New Teams in one bracket and the Four Current Teams in another that way you could have a Finals with one new team and one old team

2.) Don't strip anyone of the tag titles, but put Air Boom on commentary for the entire tournament to keep them relevant

3.) Have two of the four new teams come from FCW

4.) Put some former main eventers who aren't currently doing anything in there right now to give the tag division a nice rub

5.) Have the tournament end at PPV and then the title match at a PPV

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 02:35 AM

Why now???? They should had done that last month when Bourne failed the wellness policy!!!!

But I will say it would be a good idea..... But maybe not 16 guys.... Cause you already have the teams of Epico and Primo, The Usos, Ziggler and Swagger, maybe have like a lethal lottery like in WCW and pair 10 guys up???? Then have them face the established teams...

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 04:01 AM
AirBoom are the best tagteam champions we've had in a while, so I say don't try to fix something that ain't broken. I'd rather have the tournament be for the #1 contendership, with the winning team taking on Airboom. And at least some of the teams in the tournament have to be actual teams, or this would be a stupid tournament. After the tournament is over, it would also be good to see some of the eliminated teams start feuds, so that they are showcased more on tv.

LoGik
12-10-2011, 04:01 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing something like this happen.

HCollins-TNA1
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM

Hummmm just saying and refreshing this...