PDA

View Full Version : King Of The Ring

jelle1809
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
With last years tourney on Raw and no tourney this year, I'm a little disappointed. I hoped for sure that WWE would bring it back at least as a tournament on the Raw episodes. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. What do you guys think. Should WWE King Of The Ring return?

If so, how? As a PPV or once a year on Raw?

(Ps: not ending up the wrestler in a dying angle like last year with a dull King Sheamus)

Your thoughts?

Wade Barrett 1979
12-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I do enjoy KOTR! It could easily replace one of the current PPV's! We may get it next year, I thought it was every other year now anyway? '06, '08 and '10 being the last 3!

Destruction
12-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Dolph Ziggler FTW. Hopefully, to add more presige let the winner get a world title shot.

thesubverse
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Just about all of the KOTR pay per views were dreadful. A few of them were okay and there were a handful of good matches spread throughout ten events, but all in all they just weren't very good shows, and they've been overrated for years by fans looking back with rose colored glasses. If it comes back, it works just fine on RAW.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I remember seeing The Rock, become the first ever KOTR!

RagnarokNRoll
12-09-2011, 01:33 PM
I remember seeing The Rock, become the first ever KOTR!

I think you are mistaken. Don Muraco was the first king of the ring. In fact to the best of my knowledge, the Rock has never won KOTR

Wade Barrett 1979
12-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I think you are mistaken. Don Muraco was the first king of the ring. In fact to the best of my knowledge, the Rock has never won KOTR

What was Don Muraco's ring name?! I'll think you'll find I'm right! :)

Steve Austin
12-09-2011, 01:41 PM

Did you post that comment to see how many you would trick?

You sly bastard ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Did you post that comment to see how many you would trick?

You sly bastard ;)

I'm sorry! It's Friday, I'm chilling after work and I felt like being a bit of a devious soul!! :D

Asherdelampyr
12-09-2011, 01:47 PM
With last years tourney on Raw and no tourney this year, I'm a little disappointed. I hoped for sure that WWE would bring it back at least as a tournament on the Raw episodes. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. What do you guys think. Should WWE King Of The Ring return?

If so, how? As a PPV or once a year on Raw?

(Ps: not ending up the wrestler in a dying angle like last year with a dull King Sheamus)

Your thoughts?

I always enjoyed KOTR because it could give you matchups that you usually didn't see and keep things fresh, I would love to see it come back as a PPV.

Also I feel that King Sheamus would have worked had creative not dropped the ball, and maybe let him turn face with it

All hail the High King.

BC777
12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
It should definetly be brought back as a PPV.

RagnarokNRoll
12-09-2011, 02:09 PM

Touché Mr. Barrett. Well played.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Touché Mr. Barrett. Well played.

Sorry chief! In one of those moods! :)