PDA

View Full Version : Immortal? This?

SilverGhost
10-17-2010, 01:07 AM
http://www2.tnawrestling.com/tnaphotos/albums/pay-per-view-photos/2010-ppvs/destinationx/img_4465.jpg

Is this immortality?

I don't know.....I think I am losing my head in such a young age....

Cornzone2
10-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Don't worry, he's upgraded to crutches now.

cetotheizzo
10-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Well that depends on your definition of immortality, if it means that your pushed around in a wheel chair or on crutches or carried by two people to the ring then yes that is immortality.

MackMays05
10-17-2010, 01:45 AM
You gotta love Hulk(he's been thru alot and he won't stay down)....I mean seriously,only Hulk & Ric could do this....I mean I'm sure he's a nice guy and all,but I'd pay Brett 25 bucks to get in the car and leave.Just Sayin;)

Robstar
10-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Gotta give it to Hulk - not even surgery is enough to keep him from hogging the spotlight! The whole stable is called The Immortals ffs! Ridiculous. Considering that so many new fans that get into wrestling are to a large degree, ignorant and uninterested in what came before them, in 25 years it'll be like Hulk Who?

Splattered-Dreams
10-17-2010, 10:14 AM
It's sad to think that, to anyone now getting into wrestling, their only memories of Hogan will be on crutches or in a wheelchair.
Why does he appear at tapings when he's like this, though? There's a roster full of guys back there who can actually walk. Let them enjoy the spotlight. Goddamn

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-17-2010, 11:07 AM
hulk hogan is a machine, hes had 8 back surgeries in a year so yeah he is immortal, if you would have 1 of them surgeries you wouldnt walk for a freakin year dude trust me. i know.

Splattered-Dreams
10-17-2010, 11:12 AM
...because you've had multiple back surgery? No. he may be a "machine," but like all machines eventually, this one is beyond repair and needs to be sold for spare parts :p

marc
10-17-2010, 12:00 PM
...because you've had multiple back surgery? No. he may be a "machine," but like all machines eventually, this one is beyond repair and needs to be sold for spare parts :p

Do you personally know the man? You have no idea of his physical condition or of his character. You only know what you see online or on television. Therefore, to make insulting comments of this nature is immature and stupid.

Tommy Thunder
10-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Hulk will always be immortal to the older fans, as we remember his matches when he was in WCW and towards the end in WWE when he always put on a show (Summerslam etc). But to the new fans and youngsters, they will remember the Hogan on crutches and in wheelchairs. There is always archive footage and youtube to look at, but it's not entirely the same. Shame really, but credit for him for having the will and passion to continue on the front line. I'd rather see him take a back seat to let younger talent bloom though. And as for Flair, it's a sad sight to see him in the ring these days. He's great as a manager type of guy, as he is for Fortune, but keep him out of the ring in my opinion.

shanethewolf
10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
You gotta love Hulk(he's been thru alot and he won't stay down)....I mean seriously,only Hulk & Ric could do this....

That's a good reason to hate them in my opinion! I just wish they'd retire with some dignity. They've had their shot at fame and fortune, they should step aside and allow other hard working guys the same opportunities.

marc
10-17-2010, 02:07 PM
That's a good reason to hate them in my opinion! I just wish they'd retire with some dignity. They've had their shot at fame and fortune, they should step aside and allow other hard working guys the same opportunities.

Maybe you didnt notice Flair putting Jay Lethal over(that would be an opportunity). Maybe you also havent noticed that they have brought Kaz back into the spotlight, along with Beer money. Also, under Flair's tutelage, AJ's mic skills are steadily improving.

Cornzone2
10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Hulk is at least not wrestling. It pains me to see old man Flair get in the ring in his 60s and have to put on a long and bloody match like his one with Foley. TNA has a lot of young talent, have them wrestle, not the 60 year old man.

Robstar
10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Do you personally know the man? You have no idea of his physical condition or of his character. You only know what you see online or on television. Therefore, to make insulting comments of this nature is immature and stupid.

Do you personally know the man? Yet another poster claiming to be "in the know" and not backing it up with anything. And isn't making judgements on people you don't know anything about, claiming that you are privy to all that they know, immature and stupid?

SilverGhost
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
I guess wheelchairs and crutches are in for wrestling.

I mean....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dkElNxw_9j4/S_u3ppn9DWI/AAAAAAAACDM/9fepB4-K_Uc/s1600/Batista+quits+WWE.JPG

marc
10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Do you personally know the man? Yet another poster claiming to be "in the know" and not backing it up with anything. And isn't making judgements on people you don't know anything about, claiming that you are privy to all that they know, immature and stupid?

I don't know the man at all. And I do not claim to be privy to anything. I was commenting on the personal attacks some people choose to make on wrestlers that they have never met. I just think it is immature. People who have no intelligent reason to hate someone come up with an unintelligent reason. The same way that you decided to attack me. I may comment on wrestlers whose in-ring performance I do not enjoy, but I do not personally attack them. You see, I do not know Hogan, Bishoff, or Flair, so I cannot speak of their character, or the lack thereof. And, I do not.

CobraNightviper
10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I rember Hulk Hogan in the 80's when I was a kid and the Hulkamania legend will live forever(for me anyway)but it is kinda sad to see hogan now out there looking back the way he was before basically I just hope he never wrestles again.

Tommy Thunder
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I guess wheelchairs and crutches are in for wrestling.

I mean....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dkElNxw_9j4/S_u3ppn9DWI/AAAAAAAACDM/9fepB4-K_Uc/s1600/Batista+quits+WWE.JPG

Now here is some REAL infinite wisdom!!

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
I don't know the man at all. And I do not claim to be privy to anything. I was commenting on the personal attacks some people choose to make on wrestlers that they have never met. I just think it is immature. People who have no intelligent reason to hate someone come up with an unintelligent reason. The same way that you decided to attack me. I may comment on wrestlers whose in-ring performance I do not enjoy, but I do not personally attack them. You see, I do not know Hogan, Bishoff, or Flair, so I cannot speak of their character, or the lack thereof. And, I do not.

mate u agree with u, sum ppl are really childish and making remarks like hogan needs 2 be sold for spare parts in degrading and insulting. i would like to see him say it to his face.
and as for him saying have i had back surgeries no, but my mum has, and i have felt her pain more than even her.
but things are looking up and shes back on her feet now thank god

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. For my SHOWERHEADS that read all of my post they already know I am a mark for Hogan. I always will be. The man is a legend in this business and he damn near single handily made me a pro rasslin fan to begin with. I will bleed red and yellow till I die. I have met the man, he is humble, friendly and above all else he took the time to talk to me when he didn't have to. I'll tell you a little story about the first time I met him. He was fighting Earthquake (long time ago, i was just a little fella) and my old man was a cop at ringside working special duty. I got to go back stage and he lifted me up with his 24 inch pythons. He even signed many wwe magazines for me. One of the GREATEST moments of my life and I will cherish it forever. He was to me and many others what John Cena is today, bigger than life and a super hero. I sure did need a super hero in my life when I was younger and I am forever grateful he was the one. Yes he is getting up their with age but pro rasslin is so much better with him in it. Newer wrestling fans have something we didnt have back in the day, the internet. To us we kind of knew it was a show but we weren't so sure. Dirt sheets have taken away the magic of wrestling and has showed its just another business with its flaws and headaches. Because of Hogan I will always remember to say my prayers, eat my (Flintstones) vitamins and believe in myself. Folks, you cant get better advice than that. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Watcha gonna do when the hulkster runs wild on YOU?

Tommy Thunder
10-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. For my SHOWERHEADS that read all of my post they already know I am a mark for Hogan. I always will be. The man is a legend in this business and he damn near single handily made me a pro rasslin fan to begin with. I will bleed red and yellow till I die. I have met the man, he is humble, friendly and above all else he took the time to talk to me when he didn't have to. I'll tell you a little story about the first time I met him. He was fighting Earthquake (long time ago, i was just a little fella) and my old man was a cop at ringside working special duty. I got to go back stage and he lifted me up with his 24 inch pythons. He even signed many wwe magazines for me. One of the GREATEST moments of my life and I will cherish it forever. He was to me and many others what John Cena is today, bigger than life and a super hero. I sure did need a super hero in my life when I was younger and I am forever grateful he was the one. Yes he is getting up their with age but pro rasslin is so much better with him in it. Newer wrestling fans have something we didnt have back in the day, the internet. To us we kind of knew it was a show but we weren't so sure. Dirt sheets have taken away the magic of wrestling and has showed its just another business with its flaws and headaches. Because of Hogan I will always remember to say my prayers, eat my (Flintstones) vitamins and believe in myself. Folks, you cant get better advice than that. U MAD???

infinite wisdom

Amen.

This indeed is, infinite wisdom.

marc
10-17-2010, 08:47 PM

infinite wisdom

YEAH!! What he said!! lol

Bralon23
10-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Hulk is at least not wrestling. It pains me to see old man Flair get in the ring in his 60s and have to put on a long and bloody match like his one with Foley. TNA has a lot of young talent, have them wrestle, not the 60 year old man.

I'm not fan of Flair getting in the ring and wrestling, but that was actually a decent match. I was very entertained and surprised at how well they presented Foley vs. Flair.

isetal
10-17-2010, 11:04 PM
hooah..is all i can say.

marc
10-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm not fan of Flair getting in the ring and wrestling, but that was actually a decent match. I was very entertained and surprised at how well they presented Foley vs. Flair.

Flair may not be as agile and strong as he was 20 years ago, but the man can still SELL a match. And that is why he is still in the ring. He can also keep up with the younger guys. Wanna talk about old guys in the ring? I went to an indy show in my home town a few months back and BUDDY LANDELL was there. And he could still sell also. If they can still go, why not let them.

Cornzone2
10-18-2010, 02:14 AM
The match was great but still, leave them wrestle for too long and Flair could have a stroke in the ring.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Hulk will always be immortal to the older fans, as we remember his matches when he was in WCW and towards the end in WWE when he always put on a show (Summerslam etc). But to the new fans and youngsters, they will remember the Hogan on crutches and in wheelchairs. There is always archive footage and youtube to look at, but it's not entirely the same. Shame really, but credit for him for having the will and passion to continue on the front line. I'd rather see him take a back seat to let younger talent bloom though. And as for Flair, it's a sad sight to see him in the ring these days. He's great as a manager type of guy, as he is for Fortune, but keep him out of the ring in my opinion.

so right, took the words outa my mouth

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-18-2010, 05:56 PM

infinite wisdom

yep infinite wisdom and i aint even a showerhead lmao

daverende5
10-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Wikipedia says:
Immortality (or eternal life) is the concept of living in a physical or spiritual form for an infinite length of time.

Well, we just say, he isn't dead yet.

Splattered-Dreams
10-20-2010, 12:30 PM

Havent been online for days. But thanks, Rob - you took the words right of my mouth!

SilverGhost
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Havent been online for days. But thanks, Rob - you took the words right of my mouth!

I lol'ed when Rob said that.

Anyways on topic....

I think Hogan shouldn't be around the ring in TNA. Just be around for business but thats it.

Splattered-Dreams
10-25-2010, 10:28 AM
I can't imagine him taking a backseat. He'll be yelling "One More Match Brother!!!" all the time :p

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I can't imagine him taking a backseat. He'll be yelling "One More Match Brother!!!" all the time :p

Hogan: ONE MORE MATCH BROTHER!
Fan: But you said that last time o.O
Hogan: Who cares? I want one more match brother! Who cares about contentions?! I want the TNA World Heavyweight championship brother!

Splattered-Dreams
10-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Hogan: ONE MORE MATCH BROTHER!
Fan: But you said that last time o.O
Hogan: Who cares? I want one more match brother! Who cares about contentions?! I want the TNA World Heavyweight championship brother!

...and I'm gonna retain it for months without taking any bumps brother!

GhostxViSiONZz
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www2.tnawrestling.com/tnaphotos/albums/pay-per-view-photos/2010-ppvs/destinationx/img_4465.jpg

Is this immortality?

I don't know.....I think I am losing my head in such a young age....
[http://media.photobucket.com/image/animated%20tna/myknsj/TNA/ththJeffHardftyiyOMG1.gif?o=21]

See these haters bash tna no matter what tna does, if this was wwe doing this you guys would be loving it!
Wont Stop till:
[ ]Tna Haters stop watching tna.
[ ] WWE fires Cena
[ ] Mr. Anderson becomes Tna World Champ
[ ] Tna comes to the Sf Bay Area

SilverGhost
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
[http://media.photobucket.com/image/animated%20tna/myknsj/TNA/ththJeffHardftyiyOMG1.gif?o=21]

See these haters bash tna no matter what tna does, if this was wwe doing this you guys would be loving it!
Wont Stop till:
[ ]Tna Haters stop watching tna.
[ ] WWE fires Cena
[ ] Mr. Anderson becomes Tna World Champ
[ ] Tna comes to the Sf Bay Area

Ugh....I tried fixing the link....can you try again?

Also

<----not a TNA hater, just have a strong dislike in storyline direction. That happened in BFG but so far its interesting. Not that great but good to watch.

Rassling_Fan
10-27-2010, 10:32 AM

Thanks for reminding us what TNA USED to be. When Abyss was a monster being controlled by a manager. When Jeff wasn't put into a group and watered down his heel turn. When TNA was actually trying to be an alternate to WWE and not try to copy it. And thanks for showing us a broken image that we have to copy and paste.

And no one wants to see Hogan in a storyline after having multiple surgeries, in the WWE or any other organization. Why do you think it takes the wrestlers months to a year to be back on TV in WWE? To heal up from a serious surgery!

SilverGhost
10-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for reminding us what TNA USED to be. When Abyss was a monster being controlled by a manager. When Jeff wasn't put into a group and watered down his heel turn. When TNA was actually trying to be an alternate to WWE and not try to copy it. And thanks for showing us a broken image that we have to copy and paste.

And no one wants to see Hogan in a storyline after having multiple surgeries, in the WWE or any other organization. Why do you think it takes the wrestlers months to a year to be back on TV in WWE? To heal up from a serious surgery!

I prefer the past TNA where it stood out on their own and not try to copy and paste what WWE does.

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 12:18 AM
...and I'm gonna retain it for months without taking any bumps brother!

WhatCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULK HOGAN DOESN'T FOLLOW THE RULES AND BECOMES WORLD CHAMP AND DROPS THE LEG ON YOOOOUUUU!!!

Splattered-Dreams
11-03-2010, 11:15 AM
WhatCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULK HOGAN DOESN'T FOLLOW THE RULES AND BECOMES WORLD CHAMP AND DROPS THE LEG ON YOOOOUUUU!!!

Something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyN5sAShqOA

SilverGhost
11-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyN5sAShqOA

Epic on Shawn's part.

IrkenInvader
11-06-2010, 05:54 PM
The only thing thats really immortal is Randy Orton.

SilverGhost
11-07-2010, 12:20 AM
The only thing thats really immortal is Randy Orton.

Good God....