PDA

View Full Version : A veteran's title.

URATOOL
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I think I've mentioned this before in another thread, but today I've decided it needs it's own thread.

The E should have a Vet's Belt. There's enough guys kicking around that could still compete for it. Make the threshold say 10 years in the E (including WCW and ECW).

We'd all love to see Booker take on Goldburg for the belt and then the winning of them having to defend against Regal.

Asherdelampyr
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
like the "Legends" belt that TNA had for a while?
It could work, but at what point are you old enough to compete? is Triple H? How about Jericho? Christian? Cena?

LoGik
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Na they should just showcase their younger talent more.

Tommy Thunder
12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
It could work, but at what point are you old enough to compete? is Triple H? How about Jericho? Christian? Cena?

40 and over?

VanHooliganX
12-08-2011, 05:07 PM

I believe until the body says no more.
I've seen a video with Punk saying that, happened to Edge and other wrestlers. I'd like to think 45-ish.
by 40 most people are beyond there prime and are winding down to push people over and have a few legends matches to draw big money.

sadly this isn't a perfect world and certain massive names in the business feel the need to wrestle into there 60's and 70's when they get that old. *looks at Hogan and Flair who should've just retired long ago.*

URATOOL
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM

10 years with the company.

URATOOL
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Na they should just showcase their younger talent more.

Change the record.

Asherdelampyr
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I believe until the body says no more.
I've seen a video with Punk saying that, happened to Edge and other wrestlers. I'd like to think 45-ish.
by 40 most people are beyond there prime and are winding down to push people over and have a few legends matches to draw big money.

sadly this isn't a perfect world and certain massive names in the business feel the need to wrestle into there 60's and 70's when they get that old. *looks at Hogan and Flair who should've just retired long ago.*

wow, I almost think you missed the point on purpose, but I like you, so it's ok

what I asked and you bolded is not at what point are you too old to wrestle, but at what point are you old enough to wrestle for a "Veteran's" or "Legend's" title. Though really, if they put an age limit on it, that won't work either. since people start at different ages. I mean, Edge and Batista at 40 years old had a much different amount of time in the industry. you could make it number of years in pro wrestling, but what would that do to guys like Daniel Bryan, who have already spent 10 years just trying to get there?

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
not really sure how this could work.. also pointless for me, i think alot of wrestlers like jericho and stuff would maybe see this as a sign of the company saying so your no longer good enough or perhaps too old but why you dont you now wrestle for this veteran belt, on the other hand it would be nice seeing some legends having the belt one more time.. would have loved too see HBK have one last run with a belt :D

AreYaSerious
12-08-2011, 05:59 PM
not really sure how this could work.. also pointless for me, i think alot of wrestlers like jericho and stuff would maybe see this as a sign of the company saying so your no longer good enough or perhaps too old but why you dont you now wrestle for this veteran belt, on the other hand it would be nice seeing some legends having the belt one more time.. would have loved too see HBK have one last run with a belt :D

Me too, I wish Michaels would have held a title before he left

Subject Zero
12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
It would be a decent idea to have a veteran title BUT they only have 3 shows a week and have too many superstars too fit into them at the minute.

Maybe if they added a legends show but its just not going to happen.

KJ PUNK
12-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Nonononono no onnonononnnnononono onnonononnnnononono

Robstar
12-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I like the idea, but Vince hates emphasising the age of his wrestlers I think.

Give it to Goldust or Regal. And since they're veterans, there's no 30 day rule - maybe they just defend it every PPV

HCollins-TNA1
12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
They do have a Veterans title it called the World Heavyweight title..... Mark Henry, Randy Orton, Christian!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Here's a idea..... Unify the World Heavyweight title with the WWE title.....
Then have the WWE world Heavyweight champion
WWE Veteran/Legend champion
US champion
IC Champion
Internet/TV champion
Crusierweight/ Light weight
World Tag Titles
Divas title

rtb227
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm up for a veteran's title when the wwe channel gets on the air. at the moment there isn't enough time. Maybe it could be a belt in the legend's house.

URATOOL
12-08-2011, 10:06 PM
US champion
IC Champion
Internet/TV champion
World Tag Titles
Divas title

You forgot a Diva tag title.

capn-edu
12-08-2011, 10:18 PM
US champion
IC Champion
Internet/TV champion
World Tag Titles
Divas title

holy mother of god
and oyu expect to see them all live on their show?

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 12:15 AM
holy mother of god
and oyu expect to see them all live on their show?

There's a PPV each month. PPVs should have at least 4 title defences (IMO). So that leaves one a week for Raw and Smackdown. Less if the PPV had say 6 titles on the line. How is that hard to manage??

The Brown One
12-09-2011, 01:08 AM
I like the idea. Some of the over 40 talent in the WWE can still go. And those with 10 years + experience are still young e.g. Daniel Bryan, so I wouldn't mind seeing them competing for this title. Just keep Kevin Nash the hell away from it!

BlazersDozen
12-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Lmao so people bash TNA for having old guys but want a belt exclusive for old guys in the WWE.

The Brown One
12-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Lmao so people bash TNA for having old guys but want a belt exclusive for old guys in the WWE.

Most of the older WWE talent can still WRESTLE WELL.

URATOOL
12-09-2011, 02:23 AM

Old as in 35 - 45 (WWE) not old as in 45 - deaths door (IMPACT).

JoePublic
12-09-2011, 06:30 AM
While I don't dislike the idea I feel that there are too many titles already with not enough distinction between them. I crave the days when there we just three titles in WWF/E.

Juvenile Junkie
12-09-2011, 07:40 AM
I think I've mentioned this before in another thread, but today I've decided it needs it's own thread.

The E should have a Vet's Belt. There's enough guys kicking around that could still compete for it. Make the threshold say 10 years in the E (including WCW and ECW).

We'd all love to see Booker take on Goldburg for the belt and then the winning of them having to defend against Regal.

And it could go hand in hand with the John Cena Division.CM Punk holds its title

Juvenile Junkie
12-09-2011, 07:42 AM

Yes,but many things that happen in WWE are allowed,but frowned upon if they happen in TNA.

WWE had a 5 way HIAC dark match for the WWE title a few months back,imagine if TNA had done that.......

steveorton
12-09-2011, 07:44 AM
If WWE should create another championship it should be one that get guys that are not recognised notice, therefore a Cruiserweight chamship or something.

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 02:28 AM

The oldest active wrestler right now in TNA correct me if I'm wrong is Double J!!!!! In Which I believe Sting is stepping back now, and Flair isn't a active wrestler.....
Just saying and pointing the obvious out!!!

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 03:08 AM
TNA get it right with there old putting over the young (ie sting putting over gunner and angle with storm) WWE is it own worst enemy like why have Triple h come back and buries cm punk this your next big star should had HHH or Nash put punk over, a another example of HHH burying guys, Sheamus before Wrestlemaina 27 why not have him put him instead of the undertaker who didn't need it and have taker put over wade like he did Orton

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 03:54 AM
Yes,but many things that happen in WWE are allowed,but frowned upon if they happen in TNA.

WWE had a 5 way HIAC dark match for the WWE title a few months back,imagine if TNA had done that.......

That was a dark match, so no one really gives a shit. It would be bashed if they let a great match like that happen on tv and not a PPV.

TNA get it right with there old putting over the young (ie sting putting over gunner and angle with storm) WWE is it own worst enemy like why have Triple h come back and buries cm punk this your next big star should had HHH or Nash put punk over, a another example of HHH burying guys, Sheamus before Wrestlemaina 27 why not have him put him instead of the undertaker who didn't need it and have taker put over wade like he did Orton

Triple H and Punk teamed up to take on The Awesome Truth after they had a match, so I wouldn't call that burying Punk. That helped keep Punk in the spotlight. Triple H also didn't exactly bury Sheamus. He helped push him into more matches, and hes a main eventer now. And you couldn't have a young wrestler challenge The Undertaker at this year's Mania, because there wasn't much time for buildup. But there was for a veteran like Triple H. Common sense.

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 05:34 AM
The oldest active wrestler right now in TNA correct me if I'm wrong is Double J!!!!! In Which I believe Sting is stepping back now, and Flair isn't a active wrestler.....
Just saying and pointing the obvious out!!!

Sorry but Steiner is older than JJ. Also if you think at least one of Hogan, Flair or Sting won't at some point pull on tights again you are a blind fool.

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 06:06 AM
That was a dark match, so no one really gives a shit. It would be bashed if they let a great match like that happen on tv and not a PPV.

Triple H and Punk teamed up to take on The Awesome Truth after they had a match, so I wouldn't call that burying Punk. That helped keep Punk in the spotlight. Triple H also didn't exactly bury Sheamus. He helped push him into more matches, and hes a main eventer now. And you couldn't have a young wrestler challenge The Undertaker at this year's Mania, because there wasn't much time for buildup. But there was for a veteran like Triple H. Common sense.

he did bury Sheamus, he went from being a dominate force to HHH squashing him to him being Jobber to win the US title just drop it to Kofi to take to raw then jobbing again if wasn't for his face turn his would still be jobbing and the build for Wade and taker he helped Kane put taker on the shelf with nexus so... Takers back for revenge and build from there and cm punk and HHH did team and HHH put him & Nash in the spotlight instead of Punk or Miz/truth HHH is one of the reason there really no huge star now never gave anyone the rub expect for Batista

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 06:20 AM
the veterans should be in the IC, US or Tag team division to help build those titles up and help make future main-eventers like Booker t is doing with Cody Rhodes whats Cena and Orton doing what if they became IC or US champion to help build it up like Rey and Jericho did or like big show did to get Cena over

The Brown One
12-10-2011, 07:12 AM
he did bury Sheamus, he went from being a dominate force to HHH squashing him to him being Jobber to win the US title just drop it to Kofi to take to raw then jobbing again if wasn't for his face turn his would still be jobbing and the build for Wade and taker he helped Kane put taker on the shelf with nexus so... Takers back for revenge and build from there and cm punk and HHH did team and HHH put him & Nash in the spotlight instead of Punk or Miz/truth HHH is one of the reason there really no huge star now never gave anyone the rub expect for Batista

the veterans should be in the IC, US or Tag team division to help build those titles up and help make future main-eventers like Booker t is doing with Cody Rhodes whats Cena and Orton doing what if they became IC or US champion to help build it up like Rey and Jericho did or like big show did to get Cena over

I see your point about Sheamus. But I doubt people were ready to see Barrett take on The Phenom at Wrestlemania after only being in the company for a year. He was dominant, but Cena destroyed him, along with The Nexus. It would be hard for him to be taken seriously as a threat after that. While Nash was introduced during the feud with Punk and Triple H and The Awesome Truth, he wasn't the only one in the spotlight. Punk was right there too. But I really dislike seeing Nash on tv again, and the fact that hes going to be on PPV in a match is idiotic.

Cena will likely never be put into the midcard title scene again. Vince thinks that his top star should always main event everything, and that means not competing for midcard titles to him.

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I see your point about Sheamus. But I doubt people were ready to see Barrett take on The Phenom at Wrestlemania after only being in the company for a year. He was dominant, but Cena destroyed him, along with The Nexus. It would be hard for him to be taken seriously as a threat after that. While Nash was introduced during the feud with Punk and Triple H and The Awesome Truth, he wasn't the only one in the spotlight. Punk was right there too. But I really dislike seeing Nash on tv again, and the fact that hes going to be on PPV in a match is idiotic.

Cena will likely never be put into the midcard title scene again. Vince thinks that his top star should always main event everything, and that means not competing for midcard titles to him.

yeah cena probably not but other top guys should makes the title look better even tho this guy(insert name) was WWE/WHC champion these other titles still mean something to him and not beneath him

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Sorry but Steiner is older than JJ. Also if you think at least one of Hogan, Flair or Sting won't at some point pull on tights again you are a blind fool.

I agree Flair, or Sting or Hogan one or all 3 will get back in the ring.... I just saying they isn't active, as they all have lesser roles of authority and management of sort...

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I agree Flair, or Sting or Hogan one or all 3 will get back in the ring.... I just saying they isn't active, as they all have lesser roles of authority and management of sort...

So we agree IMPACT use much older wrestlers than The E.

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 03:50 PM
So we agree IMPACT use much older wrestlers than The E.

wwe had a 54 year old wwe champion and a 62 year old ecw champion

BlazersDozen
12-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Most of the older WWE talent can still WRESTLE WELL.

But none of them are in well enough shape to do a full championship program.

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Let again look at TNA they have 3 guys over 50.... Hogan, Sting, and Flair.....
Then the WWE has Kevin Nash, Jerry Lawler both 50 and older.. Then Mark Henry, Undertaker, Golddust, Triple H, Kane, William Regal who is 40 or older....

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Then the WWE has Kevin Nash, Jerry Lawler both 50 and older.. Then Mark Henry, Undertaker, Golddust, Triple H, Kane, William Regal who is 40 or older....

sure but Tna has 3 of the biggest names/legends/icons in wrestling history

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 05:30 PM
wwe had a 54 year old wwe champion and a 62 year old ecw champion

Lets break down your attempt to prove a point. Vinny Mac is the champ you are talking about both times here. Oh and he was 61 when he won the ECW title, not 62. Vinny was the owner of the company both these times. His reigns were never meant to be believable in any way. Everyone saw them for what they were. Joke power trips. Stings recent reign on IMPACT was done as if he swooped down and saved the company. The Great Stingini. Master of the squared circle. Greatest wrestler ever.....

Oh and ECW was never a young mans game. But you already knew that right?

URATOOL
12-10-2011, 05:40 PM

So IMPACT have 1 over 60, 2 over 50 and 3 over 40 (Bully Ray, Steiner 49 and Kurt Angle) with Devon knock on 40.

The E has 2 over 50 and 6 over 40.

I love how you forgot the IMPACT guy over 40 in your argument....

HCollins-TNA1
12-10-2011, 06:57 PM
So IMPACT have 1 over 60, 2 over 50 and 3 over 40 (Bully Ray, Steiner 49 and Kurt Angle) with Devon knock on 40.

The E has 2 over 50 and 6 over 40.

I love how you forgot the IMPACT guy over 40 in your argument....
Double J is over 40.... as well it pretty much equal when it comes to age.... in the over 40 club in TNA and WWE...

Wrestling Realist
12-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Lets break down your attempt to prove a point. Vinny Mac is the champ you are talking about both times here. Oh and he was 61 when he won the ECW title, not 62. Vinny was the owner of the company both these times. His reigns were never meant to be believable in any way. Everyone saw them for what they were. Joke power trips. Stings recent reign on IMPACT was done as if he swooped down and saved the company. The Great Stingini. Master of the squared circle. Greatest wrestler ever.....

Oh and ECW was never a young mans game. But you already knew that right?

Vince was like 2 maybe 3 month from 62

-Here some 40+ facts-
Kane was 42 when he won WHC
Taker was 44 his last reign as WHC
Mark Henry is 40 and WHC
Batista was 41 his last WWE title run
hulk hogan was 48 his last WWE title run

hogan also 39 and half when he beat Yokozuna at WM9 for the wwf title
Triple H was also 39 and half his last WWE title reign

URATOOL
12-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Vince was like 2 maybe 3 month from 62

-Here some 40+ facts-
Kane was 42 when he won WHC
Taker was 44 his last reign as WHC
Mark Henry is 40 and WHC
Batista was 41 his last WWE title run
hulk hogan was 48 his last WWE title run

hogan also 39 and half when he beat Yokozuna at WM9 for the wwf title
Triple H was also 39 and half his last WWE title reign

Do you actually have a point??

Both companies have and have had old guys in them. But only IMPACT seems to think it's ok to have a legitimate World Champ who is over 50. And expect their fans to swallow that they are a believable champ. Vince's reigns were achieved by him cheating and cheating as the boss, so one could strip him of the title. So he was accepted as being champ, but everyone knew he couldn't have got the title legitimately. Stingers recent title reign was supposed to be believable. 'He won it because he was the best'!

Oh and the day they give Lawler the title for the first time or Nash the title again is the day I stop watching.

HCollins-TNA1
12-11-2011, 12:13 AM
The thing is, it is believable for someone of age say 40 or 50 to have a title reign....
Look at real life, real sports that has had champions that was in their 40s or older.... NFL, NBA, MLB, even boxing, and MMA... It the old adage anything can happen at any given moment....

URATOOL
12-11-2011, 12:18 AM
The thing is, it is believable for someone of age say 40 or 50 to have a title reign....
Look at real life, real sports that has had champions that was in their 40s or older.... NFL, NBA, MLB, even boxing, and MMA... It the old adage anything can happen at any given moment....

Awww bless you. You really are trying hard to defend title reigns like that of the Stinger. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Stings. Been watching him for 20 odd years. But it was never credible to have him as a champ.

HCollins-TNA1
12-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Awww bless you. You really are trying hard to defend title reigns like that of the Stinger. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Stings. Been watching him for 20 odd years. But it was never credible to have him as a champ.

I very well disagree with you.... his 1st reign this year was due to Jeff Hardy showing or being found high in the bathroom.... He was pretty much dominate most of the year.... I guess that my opinion and you have your own!!!

URATOOL
12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
I very well disagree with you.... his 1st reign this year was due to Jeff Hardy showing or being found high in the bathroom.... He was pretty much dominate most of the year.... I guess that my opinion and you have your own!!!

You feel that a 52 year old guy, who isn't particularly massive physically and has never been the most technically gifted guy in the ring, is believable as a dominate force. In a company full of guys half his age, where many are noticeably bigger, stronger and more technically than him. Like I said I'm a Sting fan, but he is not believable as a World Champ within the current IMPACT roster.

Or are you saying that the 50-60 other guys under 40 on the roster are all less believable as a champ than grandad Sting?

Wrestling Realist
12-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Do you actually have a point??

Both companies have and have had old guys in them. But only IMPACT seems to think it's ok to have a legitimate World Champ who is over 50. And expect their fans to swallow that they are a believable champ. Vince's reigns were achieved by him cheating and cheating as the boss, so one could strip him of the title. So he was accepted as being champ, but everyone knew he couldn't have got the title legitimately. Stingers recent title reign was supposed to be believable. 'He won it because he was the best'!

Oh and the day they give Lawler the title for the first time or Nash the title again is the day I stop watching.

my point is it does matter what your age is if you can still go and put asses in the seat then the best to ya
sting can still go the rest can't that why he had the title the rest haven't held the title
the youth thing don't work cause that been problem with the wwe and their bring back guys to bring back ratings
cause star power matter more than any in wrestling
most great champions start in their main event career in their 30's which last well in to their 40's

HCollins-TNA1
12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
You feel that a 52 year old guy, who isn't particularly massive physically and has never been the most technically gifted guy in the ring, is believable as a dominate force. In a company full of guys half his age, where many are noticeably bigger, stronger and more technically than him. Like I said I'm a Sting fan, but he is not believable as a World Champ within the current IMPACT roster.

Or are you saying that the 50-60 other guys under 40 on the roster are all less believable as a champ than grandad Sting?

It more less the old adage like I have said anything is possible and anything can happen at any given moment.... Some guys older the 40 can be champion...... It has to have a reason, a story behind the thought when such happens...