PDA

View Full Version : GSP Out For Up To A Year

Robstar
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
GSP has managed to injure himself again so it looks like we'll be getting Condit vs Diaz for an Interim title. Should a fighter who sustains an injury that requires a long recovery be forced to forfeit their title?

This article points out some interesting points about how this might make the welterweight division interesting again - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/8/2619242/georges-st-pierres-injury-GSP-UFC

I think Diaz will steamroll Condit.

Automatic
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah, read that earlier. UFC lost their 2nd biggest PPV draw there. Too bad we will have to wait to see Diaz vs. GSP. I'm wondering if he'll be at a full 100% when he comes back, a torn ACL is a pretty big injury.

Dr. Death
12-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Well that sucks. UFC should strip GSP of the title, then when he gets back, he gets his shot at it. A torn acl will take awhile to recover from and in the meantime Diaz gets to smash Condit.

SouthernBlood
12-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Should a fighter who sustains an injury that requires a long recovery be forced to forfeit their title?

yes I think so...Because if he cant defend it which a champion is required to do its not fair for others not able to receive a shot