PDA

View Full Version : aj styles

the game
10-16-2010, 10:22 PM
what is everyones view on aj styles to wwe,it may never happen but wot do u guys think???

Bodom
10-16-2010, 10:29 PM
He's a good enough talent where im sure he can go far. Hell I never thought CM Punk would make it as well as he did. AJ has all the tools, I have no doubt that he can do extremely well given the chance.

Necroyeti
10-16-2010, 10:56 PM
He could totally make it in WWE... but he'd have to attend some of Vince's weekly promo classes first IMO

Robstar
10-16-2010, 11:25 PM
He's a good enough talent where im sure he can go far. Hell I never thought CM Punk would make it as well as he did. AJ has all the tools, I have no doubt that he can do extremely well given the chance.

AJ has nowhere near the mic skills of Punk. But hey, it's not all about cutting promos. He'd have to work on that constantly confused look he has like a kid trying to comprehend quantum physics.

the wrestling shade
10-17-2010, 12:34 AM
being the biggest ass that he could be i dont think vince mcmahon will look at aj styles as a main event superstar because when it comes to vince all he cares about is the look and the mic skills i will be surprised if aj would make the mid card in wwe thats why he should stay in tna because it respects wrestling more

MackMays05
10-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Its too late.He doesn't have time for their customary build up.He's good,for TNA he's great but"THEY"(wwe)would bury him.Have him job to"The Wiz"for 6months and never get higher than the IC title.Best pull a Sting and keep his rep as a"Wrestler" but hey,money talks.They'd never come up with a story to put the big strap on him.Country boys that wore the big strap?Taker,Austin,JBL,AJ?Doesn't fit their mold..If he does ever,I wish him the best.

SilverGhost
10-17-2010, 12:48 AM
AJ and WWE won't be eye to eye. He would be a midcarder to a jobber.

cetotheizzo
10-17-2010, 01:45 AM
He would probably be good on smack down, smack down always needs another face or heel. But to get to raw he would need to learn to wrestle the WWE way.

merhardt03
10-17-2010, 03:43 AM
AJ is better off in TNA for his entire career. Hed be buried in WWE and subjected to Superstars or whatever the hell the next 3rd rate show will be. AJ and TNA go together IMO

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-17-2010, 11:05 AM
aj styles is 1 of THE best wrestlers in the biz ryt now, as jr said lol
hes got technique, hes got high flying ability and hes got the ability to gain heat and especially a huge pop from the crowd, hes amazing and i think hes better than punk in the ring. and now that flairs helping his promos, hes gettin better and better, hes better than guys like jack swagger, this keyboard i am writing off has more charisma than him, but i dont think he would ever go to wwe anyway. hes better off in a up and coming company TNA!

jcagosto
10-17-2010, 11:10 AM
I think AJ is better off in TNA. But in WWE I think he can be relatively successful, not World Champ tho... I mean, Evan Bourne was being pushed not long ago and he's is not as charismatic as AJ is. WWE won't waste the opportunity to have matches like AJ vs CM punk, AJ vs Rey Mysterio, AJ vs Chris Jericho (if he is still around).

wallyman
10-17-2010, 01:58 PM
PLAIN AN SIMPLE AJ STYLES IS TNA....hes held every championship there. he wrestled the first televised match and now hes polishin his mic skills by working with ric flair. i would hate to see aj syles in wwe cuz his move set would just b kick and punches and i love this mans ring work.GET READY TO FLY....plus he will never go to wwe hes one of those few who has a 6 figure contract with tna with joe and sting i believe :)...THE PHENOMENAL ONE>....

shanethewolf
10-17-2010, 04:55 PM
My hope is for ROH to make it to mainstream TV one day and for AJ, Daniels, Samoa Joe and all the true talents of wrestling can do what they do best and put on a show that puts TNA and WWE to shame.

AJ is one of the best wrestlers in the world and what he lacks in mic skills and charisma he makes up by telling his story in the ring. That's what a good wrestler does, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, AJ has been buried lately and the heel gimmick is so wrong and out of character for him. The guy wears his wedding ring round his neck and has his kids birthdays tatooed on his body, whereas Ric Flair is a renowned playboy and party animal. It doesnt fit. Sadly a lot of people are losing sight of AJ's talent because of this gimmick he's been landed with. Maybe it would help if Ric was more like a manager and spoke on AJ's behalf, putting him over rather than putting himself over all the time and stealing AJ's spotlight.

johnadah
10-17-2010, 06:21 PM
AJ has nowhere near the mic skills of Punk. But hey, it's not all about cutting promos. He'd have to work on that constantly confused look he has like a kid trying to comprehend quantum physics.

That definitely hit the nail on the head. There's a reason AJ is called "The Phenomenal One" and it's not his mic skills (or lack thereof). As an athlete, I'm a mark for Styles. As a mic worker, I heard better promos from Sting in the 18 months that he never opened his mouth. Wait for it... Exactly! He's a great talent, but I could never see him as a World Champion in WWE unless his mic work improved drastically. Otherwise, I could see one or two runs with the US or IC Title (whichever one is left after next month).

Robstar
10-17-2010, 06:27 PM
I just think AJ doesn't need WWE and vice versa. It's a shame he'll never reach the level of noteriety his skills deserve.

IrkenInvader
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I just think AJ doesn't need WWE and vice versa. It's a shame he'll never reach the level of noteriety his skills deserve.

Agreed, look at Del Rio, as talented as he is we haven't seen anything good yet.

wallyman
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Unfortunately, AJ has been buried lately and the heel gimmick is so wrong and out of character for him.t.[/QUOTE]

i dont think hes been burried they are helping with whats needed and thats his promo work and it is working. unlike wwe tna always changes the runners for the title. it doest take much to put aj on the picture u know. what u call burried i call being worked on so he can b burry and it seems to me he speaks for fortune as much as flair. aj even said his ring style is not something he can do forever so he has to find a different way to entertaient and thats something i can live with.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. AJ Styles is an awesome in ring talent. One of the best. He is a North Carolinan boy and I enjoy that. I believe he lives in Gaines ville Georgia now and I for one have never met a mean person from Georgia, that's what TNA is doing wrong with him. He is just a southern good ole boy who can wrestle his ass off. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. His real life personalty and pro rasslin heel persona just clash, that's why it will never get over with the fans in that persona. Fans can smell bullsh*t a mile away and it stinks from here and im all the way in Ohio. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
If the early bird catches the worm, what about the worm?

Bodom
10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. AJ Styles is an awesome in ring talent. One of the best. He is a North Carolinan boy and I enjoy that. I believe he lives in Gaines ville Georgia now and I for one have never met a mean person from Georgia, that's what TNA is doing wrong with him. He is just a southern good ole boy who can wrestle his ass off. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. His real life personalty and pro rasslin heel persona just clash, that's why it will never get over with the fans in that persona. Fans can smell bullsh*t a mile away and it stinks from here and im all the way in Ohio. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
If the early bird catches the worm, what about the worm?

Truth. AJ is miles better as a Face.

shanethewolf
10-18-2010, 03:59 AM
i dont think hes been burried they are helping with whats needed and thats his promo work and it is working. unlike wwe tna always changes the runners for the title. it doest take much to put aj on the picture u know. what u call burried i call being worked on so he can b burry and it seems to me he speaks for fortune as much as flair. aj even said his ring style is not something he can do forever so he has to find a different way to entertaient and thats something i can live with.

He's gone from TNA Champion, the face of TNA and one of the big reasons people tuned in to watch TNA, to wearing a chicken outfit and trying to be a mini-Ric Flair. I definitely call that being buried.

I understand he needs help with his mic skills, but there are much better ways for him to learn.

drumgod
10-18-2010, 09:00 AM
AJ going to TNA would be like HHH going to TNA.. Its not gonna happen. AJ is the face of TNA just like HHH is the face of WWE.

SilverGhost
10-18-2010, 09:56 AM
AJ going to TNA would be like HHH going to TNA.. Its not gonna happen. AJ is the face of TNA just like HHH is the face of WWE.

AJ is in TNA xP

But I know what you mean.

Belzova
10-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Never say never in the wrestling biz. AJ Styles could jump ship at any time if he becomes unhappy.

SilverGhost
10-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Never say never in the wrestling biz. AJ Styles could jump ship at any time if he becomes unhappy.

As much as this is true, this isn't AJ.

I think he is aware of the kind of treatment if he goes to the WWE.