PDA

View Full Version : WWE 2011 Slammy/Smarky Awards Discussion

Dr. Death
12-07-2011, 11:42 AM
I was looking at another site and I found this on WrestleZone. I thought it might be a good topic here and would like it if after posting your winning picks, you would also give a reason as to why you think that particular superstar deserves the award. I have also added some that I think are needed, (hence the "smarky" part).

WWE 2011 Slammy/Smarky Awards:

1. Announce Team of the Year:

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year:

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year:

4. Finishing Move of the Year:

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year:

6. Extreme Moment of the Year:

7. WWE Moment of the Year:

8. Shocker of the Year:

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year:

10. Breakout Star of the Year:

11. Feud of the Year:

12. Tag Team of the Year:

13. Match of the Year:

14. Diva of the Year:

15. Superstar of the Year:

16. Finisher of the Year:

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year:

18. Submission of the Year:

19. Failed Storyline of the Year:

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year:

Remember to give reasons supporting your choices and please be respectful of other's opinions.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-07-2011, 12:21 PM

1. Announce Team of the Year: Booker/ Cole/ Matthews. Because A. It includes Booker, and B. does not contain Lawler.

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: Toughie. So I'll give it to Corre's implosion. I don't know what else I could nominate.

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Sheamus and his muppet relative moment. I LOL'ed at this

4. Finishing Move of the Year: Mark Henry's WSS on the top rope v Bryan... It just felt painful to watch

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: Punk's shoot on Raw. Nobody saw it coming, and has defined the WWE since.

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Mark Henry's spear to Big Show through the cage OR John Morrison's leap from atop the Elimination Chamber... not necessarily 'extreme', but I think they deserve a mention

7. WWE Moment of the Year: Rock returning... let's face it, this year has been about the Rock (via satellite), and this instigated it. Plus not many of us expected it. (I've already used Punk's shoot, so I chose the next best thing)

8. Shocker of the Year: WWE title booking from June onwards... since then, the longest title run has been what, 1 1/2 months? Ridiculous

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: 'OMG Kevin Nash WTF thought he was dead LOL' - Fact and hilarious. And helped Punk OWN Nash on the mic.

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Miz - Cemented himself as a bonified contender, and has had the longest WWE title run on Raw, beating Orton and Cena (at WM) in the process.

11. Feud of the Year: Orton/ Christian - Although it went on too long. This feud had everything, and was unpredictable as well. No question here.

12. Tag Team of the Year: Awesome Truth - The only tag team this year to be slightly entertaining. Next

13. Match of the Year: Most of you will disagree with me here.... it came at MITB, but was the Smackdown MITB match. It had underutilized talent, some good segments, and a popular victor. What can I say, I like to be different!

14. Diva of the Year: Eve - Again, I won't get much sympathy with this choice. But she has worked her ass of (literally), and has had the best matches this year (when she wasn't supporting k2). She's put over the DOD, Kharma, and made K2 look better than she clearly is. THE MOST UNDER APPRECIATED WRESTLER IN WWE.

15. Superstar of the Year: Henry or Miz. As I said in a previous thread: 'The only other one I'd consider would be Miz. He's the only one to have had a decent title run, time- wise, and has been quite entertaining. Plus he headlined Wrestlemania and Survivor Series, defended his title at Royal Rumble, and then made an impact at Summerslam. That's the grand slam of WWE major PPVs in 2011!'

16. Finisher of the Year: RKO. Still the best finisher in WWE.

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Kofi Kingston. Watch a match of his from 5 years go, and then one from this year. Spot a difference? No. Same old. Change already.

18. Submission of the Year: Bryan's Labelle lock. Perfectly mastered, and looks painful.

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: Kingston & Bourne's tag team 'revival'. Still hasn't happened.

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Kelly Kelly being champion, and beating Beth Phoenix on numerous occasions. How.. the... hell?

lykkekage
12-07-2011, 12:56 PM

Josh Matthews, Booker T & Michael Cole - Im really enjoying this announce team actually ... and King is just bad.

CM Punk's shoot promo obviously :D

Hugh Jackman punching Dolph Ziggler I guess ??

Gotta give it to the RKO

The Rock returns to WWE, two close seconds are: Christian wins the title at Extreme Rules and CM Punk leaves MITB with the WWE title

Kevin Nash beats Triple H up with the Sledgehammer (cant remember others right now)

There has actually been quite a lot .... I guess I'll choose CM Punks shoot promo again =D

8. Shocker of the Year:

What is the difference between OMG moment and shocker ??

"And I guess it wont be better after Vince McMahon's death, because the company will get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his stupid son in law"

There is quite many here as well, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes ... But I gotta give it to Mark Henry, finally he showed something this year :D

11. Feud of the Year:

Punk vs Cena, hands down

Miz & R-Truth, no contest

13. Match of the Year:

John Cena vs CM Punk at Money in the Bank, close second is Trips vs Taker at Mania

14. Diva of the Year:

They all suck ...

CM Punk, close second is Mark Henry

Hmm ... Didnt I already answer that ?

Hornswoggle, oh my god, I still havent recovered from that Christmas Smackdown special

If its like a specific submission, I remember the one at Mania in Taker vs Triple H, in the end where Triple H finally tapped out. But if its a specific move, I'll pick the Cross Arm Breaker.

Everything involving Sin Cara

Whoever came up with the stuff they did on the Smackdown Christmas special should be fired immediately

Mizfit
12-07-2011, 12:59 PM

1. Announce Team of the Year: HIAC PPV

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: Miz and R-truth HIAC invasion

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: The Rock, Rock bottoming Cena at Mania

4. Finishing Move of the Year: R.K.O, simple but effective

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: Punk leaving with WWE tiitle at MITB

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Randy Orton Vs Christian at summerslam

7. WWE Moment of the Year: CM Punk Shoot

8. Shocker of the Year: Del Rio's joke of two title reigns

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: OMG Kevin Nash WTF I thought he was dead LOL

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Alberto Del Rio

11. Feud of the Year: Punk VS establishment

12. Tag Team of the Year: Airboom?

13. Match of the Year: Punk VS cena at MITB

14. Diva of the Year: My choice Eve, but will be kelly Kelly

15. Superstar of the Year: Orton, its always orton or cena

16. Finisher of the Year: R.K.O, simple but effective

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Christian

18. Submission of the Year: Labell lock

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: edge's retirement

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Christian 2 day title reign

Joonny
12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
1. Announce Team of the Year: Booker T and Micheal Cole

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: R-truth attacking John Morrison

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Hugh Jackman

4. Finishing Move of the Year: GTS

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: The Rock returning

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: John Morrison climbing to top of the EC structure.

7. WWE Moment of the Year: Cm Punk winning the WWE title at MITB

8. Shocker of the Year: Edge retiring

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: "Pipebomb"

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Alberto Del Rio

11. Feud of the Year: Edge Vs Dolph Ziggler.

12. Tag Team of the Year: Not to many to choose from. I'll say Gabriel and Slater

13. Match of the Year: Cm Punk Vs HHH @Night of Champions

14. Diva of the Year: Beth Phoenix

15. Superstar of the Year: CM Punk

16. Finisher of the Year: GTS

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Alberto Del Rio

18. Submission of the Year: LeBell Lock

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: Alberto Del Rio' destiny plans

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: When Rey Mysterio won the gold, and lost it a hour later.

Respons?

alzone
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
1. Announce Team of the Year:Don't care they all suck.

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year:CM Punk's epic shoot

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year:Hugh Jackman's punch

4. Finishing Move of the Year:RKO

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year:CM Punk leaves with the championship

6. Extreme Moment of the Year:let's say The RKO on christian at sumerslam

7. WWE Moment of the Year:CM Punk's epic shoot

8. Shocker of the Year:same as the OMG

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year:CM Punk's joke about kevin nash being dead

10. Breakout Star of the Year:Mark Henry(even though he bores me to death)

11. Feud of the Year:Punk vs Cena/WWE

12. Tag Team of the Year:Air boom

13. Match of the Year:Punk VS cena at MITB

14. Diva of the Year:Eve

15. Superstar of the Year:CM Punk

16. Finisher of the Year:same as 4 WTF

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year:David Otunga

18. Submission of the Year:Labell Lock

19. Failed Storyline of the Year:Too many

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year:Christian's short title reign

Tribe
12-07-2011, 02:27 PM
1. Announce Team of the Year: Smackedown Team

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: CM Punk Promo

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Hugh Jackman .... giving it to Dolph

4. Finishing Move of the Year: I am torn GTS and RKO both finishers are great

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: CM Punk leaving with the title at MITB

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Kevin Nash with Sledgehammer I guess

7. WWE Moment of the Year: CM Punk Shoot

8. Shocker of the Year: CM Punk leaving with the title

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: The Miz: "I took them out" CM Punk " You took them out .... Like on a date" its the freshest in my mind and I laughed.

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Cody Rhodes ... hands down for me.

11. Feud of the Year: I know it wasn't a long feud but I did enjoy Cody Rhodes Vs Randy Orton

12. Tag Team of the Year: The awesome truth

13. Match of the Year: CM Punk vs John Cena at MITB

14. Diva of the Year: Who cares but my pick would be Beth Phoneix

16. Finisher of the Year: I am torn GTS and RKO both finishers are great

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Alberto Del Rio - if I want to fall asleep I listen to him talk

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: Anything with Jinder Mahal (spelling is probably wrong) this guy was a train wreck

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Micheal Cole's stupid challenge to Jim Ross. I got 1 min into it and fast forward until he was interrupted by CM Puck

lewism173
12-07-2011, 02:42 PM
eh can't belive no one has said failed storyline of the yearRAW GM

xAzureSkye
12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
1. Announce Team of the Year: Booker T and Cole

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: Kharma crying lol

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Snooki being more athletic than many wrestlers on the roster

4. Finishing Move of the Year: Pin-up Strong

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: CM Punk's shoot before MITB

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Nash and the sledgehammer

7. WWE Moment of the Year: banning the word ''wrestling'' lol

8. Shocker of the Year: CM Punk beating Cena at MITB

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: ''Anal bleeding.''

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Cody Rhodes

11. Feud of the Year: can't even decide one

12. Tag Team of the Year: I wanna say MizTruth.

13. Match of the Year: CM Punk vs Cena at MITB me thinks

14. Diva of the Year: gonna be a lame battle royal again this year but I think Nattie will win

15. Superstar of the Year: Alberto Del Rio

16. Finisher of the Year: already been done

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: too many

18. Submission of the Year: Pin-up Strong

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: Kharma destroying the Divas division

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: giving Cole/Lawler 10 minutes at Wrestlemania

Lowki
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM

J.R., Cole and Lawler
Orton destroys Cody Rhodes
Muppets
Beth's top tope glam slam
CM Punk threaten's to quit
Big Show and Henry destroy the ring (meh)
The Rock returns
8. Shocker of the Year:
CM Punk wins title at MITB
"click. click. click. That's the sound of everybody's channels changing"
R-Truth - went from an annoying rapper, to main eventing survivor series.
11. Feud of the Year:
Miz/Cena - The Miz video package at mania summed up that fued
Awesome Truth
13. Match of the Year:
Triple H v Undertaker
14. Diva of the Year:
Beth Phoenix
CM Punk
450 splash - Gabriel
Hornswoggle!
Cross Armbar - Del Rio
Anonymous GM..
Cole segments especially with JR and Lawler

Lowki
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
eh can't belive no one has said failed storyline of the yearRAW GM
<this guy :p Not following up on storylines is what i bash TNA about so WWE gets some of that treatment today.

twoot2
12-07-2011, 03:30 PM
1. Announce Team of the Year: Ide say Booker t/Cole/Matthews i thought some of the Cole Booker arguements were funny too

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: The Miz impersonation of The Rock on Raw and then following by beating the hell out Cena

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Hugh jackman punching ziggler in his face i think he punched him harder than he expected too lol

4. Finishing Move of the Year: RKO it has to be one of if not the best finisher in the wwe at the moment

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: CM Punks shoot because it was out of the blue and drew alot of attention

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Kevin Nashs attack on HHH with the sledgehammer also another good mention is John Morrisons jump on Sheamus at the Elimination Chamber

7. WWE Moment of the Year: The Rock returning because not many people knew it was coming and it was a truly great moment overall

8. Shocker of the Year: CM Punk leaving MITB with the WWE championship

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: CM Punks line about Kevin nash "'OMG Kevin Nash WTF thought he was dead" lol he totally owned Nash with that line

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Mark henry because he came from being a jobber to winning the World heavyweight title.

11. Feud of the Year: Orton/Christian was a great fued also they had some great matches but it went on for too long which made it kind of boring but nontheless it was good also just scraping off is the Punk/Cena and The Miz/Riley fued they had a good storyline and were good overall.

12. Tag Team of the Year: Not much to choose from but Il say Awesome truth because they went well together as heels and were entertaining too and they were different from the other tag teams

13. Match of the Year: Triple h vs Undertaker at WM27 it was a great match but equally as good was Punk vs Cena at MITB

14. Diva of the Year: ide probably say Kelly kelly

15. Superstar of the Year:The Miz i thought he had a great year a great title reign with the WWE Championship which lasted about 4-5 months also he came from being in the starting match of last years Wrestlemania to Main eventing and winning this years Wrestlemania thats a great accomplishment right their.

16. Finisher of the Year: RKO it has to be one of if not the best finisher in the wwe at the moment

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Alberto del rio he is just annoying as hell cant listen to him for more than 5 minutes also Christian was kind of annoying when he kept wanting title shots after another after every match he had with Orton.

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: The Raw GM storyline which had everyone thinking for ages of who it could be and they completely dropped the ball with it in the end.

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Has to be Christians 2 day title reign i mean literally WTF were they thinking!

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:17 PM
1. Announce Team of the Year: Mathews, Cole and Booker T. Anything is better than Lawler.

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: Orton on Rhodes, he went apeshit.

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Hugh Jackman punching Dolph Ziggler, I love Hugh Jackman!

4. Finishing Move of the Year: RKO when Christian does the springboard. AMAZING!

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: Punk's shoot on RAW, I really didn't see it coming or Punk leaving with the title, same reason.

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: I have no idea :/ Jomo putting himself through the table in his title match v Miz

7. WWE Moment of the Year: The Rock's return, I loved every minute of it.

8. Shocker of the Year: Edge retiring :(

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: Skinny fat ass, it has to be.

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Ziggler, Rhodes or Ryder. I'm not sure but if I wasn't giving it to a young guy I'd give it to Christian, he finally broke out to the main event scene.

11. Feud of the Year: Orton vs Christian I enjoyed every single part.

12. Tag Team of the Year: Miz and Truth no other good team.

13. Match of the Year: Punk vs Cena (MITB) Smackdown Chamber, Undertaker v Triple H, all great tough choice.

14. Diva of the Year: Eve is the only one I like.

15. Superstar of the Year: CM Punk he has to be.

16. Finisher of the Year: RKO the best finisher there is.

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Alberto Del Rio

18. Submission of the Year: Lebell Lock, I hate Del Rio.

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: Unsafe working environment, dumb in a wrestling company, I didn't like it.

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: All the WWE title changes (mainly Rey losing it to Cena in the same night was pointless) Or giving Del Rio the title

Y2J___Y2J
12-07-2011, 06:48 PM

1. Announce Team of the Year: Booker/Matthews/Cole - It the best choice out of terrible choices I feel..

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: R-Truths Meltdown/heel turn.. it was awesome

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Jackman punching Ziggler .. best of the bad again

4. Finishing Move of the Year: WSS off the 2nd rope in cage match... Henry vs DB

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: Punks promo.. best moment all year..!

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: JoMo in Elimination Chamber..!!!

7. WWE Moment of the Year: Rock's Return.. Marked out..

8. Shocker of the Year: THE PROMO..!

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: "Jerry Lawler is suffering from anal bleeding" ..... "WHAT?!"

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Daniel Bryan MITB..!!

11. Feud of the Year: Punk/Cena.. filled the entire Summer with mystery..

12. Tag Team of the Year: WWE still has Tag Teams???? Awesome Truth FTW

13. Match of the Year: Punk vs Cena.. Or Smackdown MITB was awesome

14. Diva of the Year: Beth Phoenix

15. Superstar of the Year: Ohhhh Punk Or Ryder

16. Finisher of the Year: RKO on Christian

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Does Cole count here?? CENA if not..

18. Submission of the Year: LeBell Lock..

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: My God.. there are waaaaaaaay too many

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Rey winning & losing the title in the space of 2 hours.. or Christians 2 day reign

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM

1. Announce Team of the Year: Booker T/ Matthews/ Cole
Jerry is shit

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: R-Truth heel turn since he was crazy

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Sheamus and the Muppet version of Sheamus

4. Finishing Move of the Year: Killswitch/Spear - Christian! ;D

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: I'm guessing somethign wank like Awesome Truth attacking after HIAC will win it but Punk winning at MITB. I marked so hard :D

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Titus O'Neal vs. Darren Young in a no DQ match!!!!
In seriousness though, no clue. So i'll say JoMo in the Elimination Chamber as well.

7. WWE Moment of the Year:Punks shoot

8. Shocker of the Year: Del Rio cashing in MITB against Punk, although I called it perfectly ;D

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: "Anal Bleeding"

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Can't really think of any successful newbies in 2011. Probably Brodus will get this but I honestly have no idea

11. Feud of the Year: If it goes to Rock and Cena i'll be pissed. Orton and Christian ftw ;D

12. Tag Team of the Year: Divas of Doom

13. Match of the Year: Punk vs. Cena at MITB

14. Diva of the Year: Beth Phoenix or Eve.

15. Superstar of the Year: Punk or Ryder

16. Finisher of the Year: Christian winning at Extreme Rules.

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Bella Twins, Kelly Kelly or Jerry Lawler

18. Submission of the Year:LeBell Lock

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: Kelly Kellys divas champ reign

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year:....Kelly Kelly being champ or 1 of the toilet break twins

Sadly these barely mean fuck all.

Sheamus won "Most in need of a tan" award, Ryder won most annoying catchphase with "Woo Woo Woo" (Yeah that majorly backfired the idiots) and craziest hair went to Reks so they're mainly pointless.

Broc
12-07-2011, 07:13 PM

Michael Cole, Josh Matthews, and Booker T

simple.. Booker T is gold

Any time Cole is on Commentary

Hugh Jackman's punch

Mark Henry's Worlds Strongest Slam from the top rope on D Bryan

Kevin Nash's return

Big Show/Mark Henry ring collapse

CM Punk's shoot

8. Shocker of the Year:

isn't this the same thing as OMG moment of the year???

"of course you have an e mail you idiot just read it!" Chris Jericho

Cody Rhodes

11. Feud of the Year:

Punk vs. Cena

Awesome Truth

13. Match of the Year:

CM Punk vs. John Cena at MITB

14. Diva of the Year:

hmm.... I suddenly have the urge to take a piss after reading this

The Miz... because well, he's awesome

Skull Crushing Finale

Alberto Del Rio, because tis his destiny to be, the most boring superstar, of all the times

Labelle Lock (have no idea if I spelled that right

Anonymous GM

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole feud

Nitro_99
12-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Josh/Booker/Cole Josh matthews is good and I want JR back!

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: R-Truth attacking Morrison/Miz and Truth at Hell in a Cell

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Sheamus and Beaker....no doubt

4. Finishing Move of the Year: Beth Glam Slamming Eve....had to admit, this was pretty sweet!

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: CM Punk little spiel.....shaked it up

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Mark Henry with Big Show

7. WWE Moment of the Year: Rocky!

8. Shocker of the Year: Edge Retiring.....yeah, that was shocking

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: Funny moment "Really? Reeally? Really? Riley! Riley, Randy! Randy, Riley! Randy! Riley! Randy! Riley! JIMMY! JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY!!!"

10. Breakout Star of the Year: I think Ziggler. Has put on great matches and has made me impressed!

11. Feud of the Year: hmmm.....Most likely, Christian and Orton

12. Tag Team of the Year: Awesome Truth

13. Match of the Year: Cena and Punk

14. Diva of the Year: Eve

15. Superstar of the Year: Alberto (won wwe championship, royal rumble, money in bank....yeah, thats good)

16. Finisher of the Year: cross rhodes...for me

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Yeah, this has to be Jinder Mahal....just don't like him

18. Submission of the Year: Cross Arm Breaker

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: I easily think it is the superstars leaving raw storyline...where in the world did that go?

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Cole mocking JR and never commentating on the match but just JR

eyehatecena
12-07-2011, 11:24 PM

1. Announce Team of the Year: Josh Matthews is really the only guy who is great now, I wish it were just him and Striker

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: idk

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Muppets, Sheamus and Beaker because it was actually pretty funny

4. Finishing Move of the Year: idk

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: Punks promo- the one that started it all, though I wish he would have been book to be heel a lil longer. But honestly I like Punk as heel or face

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: idk

7. WWE Moment of the Year: Punks promo- the one that started it all, that and Edge retiring

8. Shocker of the Year: That Cena won his 120th Raw title

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: Pretty much anything Punk said on the mic

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Ziggler and Rhodes have both stood out more so that others

11. Feud of the Year: idk

12. Tag Team of the Year: idk, WWE really does not care about tagteams, which really sucks

13. Match of the Year: CM Punk v Cena @ MITB- It was actually one of Cenas better matches

14. Diva of the Year: Gail Kim, for realizing how much her talent was wasted and quiting. She could have just stayed and collected money, but she wanted to earn it the right way

15. Superstar of the Year: CM Punk, do I really have to say why?

16. Finisher of the Year: idk

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: this is easy- Michael Cole, for being Michael Cole and talking about Twitter so damn much

18. Submission of the Year: idk

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: hmmm, I guess the gm thing and the whole nexus/coore thing

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Cole v Lawler, and Cole segment really

timfeyenoord
12-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Striker & Random guy just because Striker's in it

CM Punk's shoot, didn't see it coming

The Muppets and Sheamus was freaking funny

RKO on steel steps at Summerslam on Christian, thought that looked really good

Rock returning, I freaking marked out

JoMo's leaps at Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber

Christian winning the WHC at Extreme Rules cause it was so emotianal

8. Shocker of the Year:
Kevin Nash returning at Summerslam

'You come around here looking like a big fat bowl of fruity pebbles' thought it was funny as hell

Alberto Del Rio, broke into the main event with a Royal Rumble victory, Money in the Bank and 2 WWE Championships

11. Feud of the Year:
CM Punk vs WWE, changed the WWE for a little while

Air Boom, because they brought some life back

13. Match of the Year:
CM Punk vs John Cena at MITB, the crowd, the story, the fact that it was Cena who could do it made it a great match

14. Diva of the Year:
Beth Phoenix, love her gimmick

CM Punk, he changed the landscape

Mark Henry's top rope splash on a chair placed on the opponents ankle, because it has taken out so many guys

Michael Cole, has taken the time from Sheamus and D-Bry at WM and then had 2 more ppv matches and keeps distracting me from the match

Lebell lock just because I love it

Kharma destroying the divas division

Giving Orton the World Heavyweight Championship 5 days after Christian won it

Robareid
12-08-2011, 02:21 PM

1. Announce Team of the Year: JR & Jerry Lawler (even if it was only for half a show). Why? It's god dam J.R.! Nostalgia I guess

8. Shocker of the Year:

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Cody Rhodes - From a midcarder to feuding with Orton. His steady rise to the top has been great

11. Feud of the Year: Punk vs. Cena - Great matches, good booking, great promos (from Punk mainly)

12. Tag Team of the Year: Awesome Truth - They may not have had the titles but they have been nothing less than... Awwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssooooooommmmmmmmme eee

13. Match of the Year: Cena vs. Punk I - Great match, simple as

14. Diva of the Year: Beth Pheonix - A diva who can actually wrestle? Now that's a rare occurance

16. Finisher of the Year: (Isn't this the same as 4)

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: Michael Cole

18. Submission of the Year: Cross Arm Breaker

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: New Nexus

Will update the rest when I think of them

eyehatecena
12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
An addition to my list, just putting it here though
5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: Miz coming out as The Rock- He did a great Rock

Dr. Death
12-09-2011, 10:05 AM

1. Announce Team of the Year: Booker T, and Michael Cole. These two are just hilarious.

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: Karma going to the ring and having a meltdown crying because she was pregnant. Self explanitory here.

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Hugh Jackman punching Dolph Ziggler. Enough said on this one, it speaks for itself.

4. Finishing Move of the Year: Drew McIntyre's "Future Shock" a Snap double underhook DDT. I really like this move because it's effective and refreshing. Sure ther are a lot of deviations of the DDT, but in the WWE as we know it today, this move is as inventive as the pedigree used by Triple H. It is also something we haven't seen on a regular basis.

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: Awesome Truth showing up at HIAC and absolutely destroying everyone in their path to make a statement. Sure we assumed they would make an appearance, but the way they did it made people stand up and take notice of them.

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: Mark Henry suplexing Big Show, breaking the ring. I know this has been done before by Brock Lesnar, but the reaction it got was amazing.

7. WWE Moment of the Year: Vince McMahon getting, (kayfabe), future endevered on RAW. Then being replaced by Triple H as COO. This also had all the internet geeks, (which I'm proud to be one), talking once again. This is the first step letting us know that Vince is planning on retiring, kayfabe or not.

8. Shocker of the Year: CM Punk's shoot heard around the World. Let's face it, whether a worked shoot or not, this caught everybody off guard and set the presses rolling. There wasn't a single fan of wrestling not talking, posting, or twittering (yeah I said it), about this right after it happened. It's all the IWC could talk about for months.

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: Michael Cole saying,
"Jerry Lawler has bruised ribs and, well uh, with all due respect, he is also suffering from… from anal bleeding.", followed up with Jim Ross's statement,
"This organization has reached an all-time low.", has got to be the best quote this year. I still LOL when thinking about it.

10. Breakout Star of the Year: Cody Rhodes bar none. He went from being a jobber and a meh type star to super-stardom overnight by becoming the best heel in the WWE right now. The overhaul of his character/Gimmick was masterfully done in which we got to see his growth as not only a wrestler, but as an entertainer as well.

11. Feud of the Year: Randy Orton vs Christian. This was a good feud that not only saw the hell turn of Christian, but also entertained us in some very good matches with unpredictability and suspense. Granted it continued longer than it should have, but because of the way it was handled, the WWE can always come back to this feud in the future if needed. It's called building up a history between the two of them.

12. Tag Team of the Year: Air Boom. Why? Because they are still the Tag Champs, and work very well together. The USO's and Awesome Truth are runner's up, but are having problems right now. USO's problems are that they don't get enough air time, and Awesome Truth's problems are they just broke up.

13. Match of the Year: Hands down it would have to be CM Punk vs John Cena at MITB for obvious reasons.

14. Diva of the Year: Beth Phoenix. She has finally achieved the Divas Title and can actually wrestle. Natalya would be runner up.

15. Superstar of the Year: Dolph Ziggler. I chose him basically because he has become the WWE's workhorse by competing in two matches each PPV here lately.

16. Finisher of the Year: Similar to #4 (sorry) - Changed to - Backstage Segment of the Year: CM Punk/ SCSA. The stare down was enough. There didn't need to be a whole lot of talk here as it is one of the most anticipated match-up of this generation. The WWE can always come back to this segment in order to build a confrontation between the two of them at a later date, (if at all). Way to build suspense here WWE, good job.

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: David Otunga. This guy has no clue as what to do neither in the ring nor in backstage segments. Send him to FCW already please.

18. Submission of the Year: The Labell Lock - Daniel Bryan. He has won a lot of matches with this move, and since it's a modified form of an omaplata submission in MMA, I had to pick it as best of the year.

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: Anonymous RAW GM. Completely dropped the ball here. Had everyone guessing who it might be to just ignoring and finally abolishing the whole storyline when it could have been the best segment/storyline if they would have worked it better.

20. WTF Were They Thinking? Moment of the Year: Christian's short Title reign after winning the WHC for the first time. This sucked because he's worked his butt off for years to earn the WHC and they should have at least let him hold it for a couple months.

sincara
12-09-2011, 11:00 AM

1. Announce Team of the Year: nxt - features regal

2. "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: new nexus - died after barrett left

3. Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: muppets

4. Finishing Move of the Year: lebel lock

5. "O M G!" Moment of the Year: sincara`s debut

6. Extreme Moment of the Year: undertaker v hhh

7. WWE Moment of the Year: ?

8. Shocker of the Year: vince fired

9. "And I Quote ..." Line of the Year: ?

10. Breakout Star of the Year: cody

11. Feud of the Year: punk cena

12. Tag Team of the Year: air boom

13. Match of the Year: cena v punk

14. Diva of the Year: natalia

15. Superstar of the Year: cm punk

16. Finisher of the Year: anacona vice

17. Most Annoying Superstar of the Year: heath slater

18. Submission of the Year:le bell lock

19. Failed Storyline of the Year: cody v orton

20. WTF Were They Thinking? anonamus gm