PDA

View Full Version : John Cena not booked for TLC yet

Nikhil Chandwani
12-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Will WWE finally book a PPV without having a "Beat me for 10 mins and then I will defeat you with my 5 moves of doom" match?
Wooaah.. Thoughts?

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 09:00 AM
He'll be booked, just wait and see. He'll probably be added to the WWE championship match, but will lose. If he isn't wrestling at TLC, he will cut a long promo about the usual stuff, then Brodus Clay may return and destroy him (that's what people think might happen).

Necroyeti
12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
He'll be inserted onto the card somewhere, he's percieved as too much of a draw to leave him out of the show.

4:5 - Booked into the WWE Championship match somehow on the next Raw.
2:1 - Special guest referee/ringside enforcer for the WWE title match
4:1 - Booked into a chairs match (Sidebets for opponent: 3:1 - Brodus Clay, 5:1 - Daniel Bryan, 10:1 - John Laurenaitis, 10:1 - Kane, 50:1 - Drew McIntrye)
8:1 - Not booked on the show
50:1 - Not booked on the show, and doesn't even appear at the PPV
100:1 - Involved in an injury stoyline and/or kayfabe fired on Raw, out until at least the Royal Rumble

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Instead of a sledgehammer ladder match, why not have a sledgehammer quad match, you can only use the sledgehammer on someone's quad, no other stipulations apply, first man who can't walk anymore loses.

SoloGraphix
12-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Instead of a sledgehammer ladder match, why not have a sledgehammer quad match, you can only use the sledgehammer on someone's quad, no other stipulations apply, first man who can't walk anymore loses.

I don't think the sledgehammer even needs to be involved for that outcome.

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 09:49 AM

well yeah, but the sledgehammer makes it special.

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Ok that really made me lol. I swear, the ladder match with a sledgehammer involved is something as stupid that we've seen TNA do in the past when Russo was head writer.

well yeah, but the sledgehammer makes it special.

Coz Johnny Ace likes things like that :P

captainmoonlight
12-07-2011, 09:56 AM
hasn't Cena lost 6/8 of the last ppv's?

Y2Jryder
12-07-2011, 09:59 AM
He will be put in the WWE title match I guess,
I thought the TLC ppv was a good chance for the WWE to bring back the championship scramble with Ziggler, Punk, Cena, ADR and Miz

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Ok that really made me lol. I swear, the ladder match with a sledgehammer involved is something as stupid that we've seen TNA do in the past when Russo was head writer.

Coz Johnny Ace likes things like that :P

yup
I have no issue with Nash coming back for a match here and there, I mean he always moved like a sack full of party snaps anyway, so he can't have lost too much, but there is no need to show just how bad his knees are.
Trip can probably still go, he doesn't seem to have lost much in his last few matches, but how bad would he feel if he crippled one of his best friends for a match that nobody wants to see?

I would much rather have Nash come back to pick a fight with a newer guy, like Brodus floppy-bags, or Batistwo and put them over in a normal match, than see him cripple himself on a ladder with Trip.

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
yup
I have no issue with Nash coming back for a match here and there, I mean he always moved like a sack full of party snaps anyway, so he can't have lost too much, but there is no need to show just how bad his knees are.
Trip can probably still go, he doesn't seem to have lost much in his last few matches, but how bad would he feel if he crippled one of his best friends for a match that nobody wants to see?

I would much rather have Nash come back to pick a fight with a newer guy, like Brodus floppy-bags, or Batistwo and put them over in a normal match, than see him cripple himself on a ladder with Trip.

Old school fans are quite happy that hes back. I don't know why..maybe because they found him entertaining in the past? I certainly didn't. I never watched WCW on tv, but I have watched it on the net, and Nash doesn't impress me. At least Nash isn't burying anyone lol.

hasn't Cena lost 6/8 of the last ppv's?

Has he? If so, that's a big improvement from winning every PPV. But hes still in the main event, even when not for the title.

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Old school fans are quite happy that hes back. I don't know why..maybe because they found him entertaining in the past? I certainly didn't. I never watched WCW on tv, but I have watched it on the net, and Nash doesn't impress me. At least Nash isn't burying anyone lol.

Has he? If so, that's a big improvement from winning every PPV. But hes still in the main event, even when not for the title.

I'm fine with him coming back, I see it as any other celebrity appearance at this point, and it isn't like he is going be stick around week after week, he has some wisdom and skills that he can pass on to some of the younger guys, and seems to be a more realistic guy than he was in WCW with regards to helping everyone else.

Yeah, Cena does not have a great record with PPV wins for since the TLC before last when Sheamus beat him, he's got the Ginger curse!

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Maybe he won't have a match. They said that they're doing a social experiment so maybe they're seeing how well a PPV sells without Cena on it. Although I think he will end up in the WWE title match even thought there was a contract signing, I just don't think WWE would leave Cena off a PPV card.

twoot2
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Im sure Cena will be booked into the WWE championship match on nexts week Raw somehow i doubt they are going to leave him off the card.

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
If they do leave Cena off the card, in an experiment, I'm guessing that PPV buys will still go down. Not just because that's the trend, but because its been shown that in the past, Raw ratings stay where they are when Cena's on the show as WWE champion and taking up the spotlight, and go down when someone else is.

sincara
12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
bro clay could destroy him :)

Great One
12-07-2011, 01:02 PM
i heard they were going to see the buyrates if john cena isnt in a match at the ppv

Bruiser jones
12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Cena will face brodus clay in a chairs match

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I think he'll be in Ryder's corner at TLC, with Swagger in Ziggler's. Give Cena a mini feud with Swagger until Elimination Chamber :)

Lowki
12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
May aswell have a "Slight Breeze in the arena match".

Jags
12-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Hmm I don't know,

Maybe somehow get placed in the WHC title match after screwing Mark Henry, probably not.

Maybe match against Brodus Clay, meh.

Maybe match against Jack Swagger, best of these 3 options though.

I guess I'll wait, make it unpredictable.

Or maybe he will be in action against Christian, I'd love that!

URATOOL
12-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Johnny Ace will add him to the US title match. As revenge for allowing Ryder to beat Henry. Cena will then have to decide whether he throws the match and lets Ryder win (maybe even letting him pin him for it).

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Fear not good citizens Superman will save the day.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNbqhXCnqW0&feature=related

Subject Zero
12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Just like a few people on here are saying im 90% sure hell be in the title match.

If not maybe helping Ryder win that title.

capn-edu
12-07-2011, 10:18 PM
dark match #lol

rtb227
12-08-2011, 12:54 AM
either involved in the us title match or mini-feud with Mark Henry and help big show win the world heavyweight championship.

RomanFlare
12-08-2011, 12:57 AM
He'll be the special guest referee in the US Title match--CASE CLOSED!

PSOjedi
12-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I really don't want to see him in the WWE Championsip match, and I think he won't be int it. Special guest referee in the US title match is a possibiliy, attacked by Brodus Clay while cutting a promo is another one. I think we'll have to wait until next Monday

If the WWE wants to continue with Dolph Ziggler having 2 matches at the ppvs then they can put Cena as the special guest referee for the US title match, then Ryder wins and Ziggler says that Cena screwed him and then they start brawling and John Laurinaitis makes the match Cena vs Ziggler

The Brown One
12-08-2011, 03:16 AM
I really don't want to see him in the WWE Championsip match, and I think he won't be int it. Special guest referee in the US title match is a possibiliy, attacked by Brodus Clay while cutting a promo is another one. I think we'll have to wait until next Monday

If the WWE wants to continue with Dolph Ziggler having 2 matches at the ppvs then they can put Cena as the special guest referee for the US title match, then Ryder wins and Ziggler says that Cena screwed him and then they start brawling and John Laurinaitis makes the match Cena vs Ziggler

From what I saw on Raw when Ziggler faced Cena, they managed to put on a decent match. They would have a good feud, with Ziggler carrying the matches, and both of them doing good promos. I just hope Cena doesn't completely bury Ziggler.

Dr. Death
12-08-2011, 12:22 PM
I heard that Ziggler might also be in the WWE Title match. Hope so. Have to wait and see I suppose. Also making Cena guest referee in the US match would be the way to go. It's refreshing to see Orton and Cena giving way to the younger stars.