PDA

View Full Version : anybody else tired of John Cena's tired speech about liking getting booed?

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:10 AM
his whole the great thing about the wwe universe is expressing theirselves blah blah blah. The writers really need to come up with something better to cover the fact that their number one baby face is booed by over half the audience.

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm pretty up on my wrestling history and I've never seen a company's top baby face get booed by over half the crowd. not even in the horseman days where everyone loved Flair did I see Sting get booed like that. Not in the NWO days when they were super over cool heels did I see the over half the crowd bood whoever was challenging Hogan, hell even Lex Luger didn't get booed like this when he went up against Hogan.

Super Kicked
12-07-2011, 04:17 AM
So that makes Cena the most unique top face ever, which makes him different and fresh compared to historical top face wrestlers, which makes him a breath of fresh air?

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Another one of these threads. It better be building up to Cena becoming more aggressive in and out of the ring, or it will all have been for nothing.

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:22 AM
So that makes Cena the most unique top face ever, which makes him different and fresh compared to historical top face wrestlers, which makes him a breath of fresh air?

That was so funny I literally just spit soda on my screen laughing!! If they actually booked him to be a tweaner it would be interesting.

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Ninja if they did that it would actually make sense but they are not. They are still booking him as a traditional baby face. I'm not blaming Cena for this as much as I'm blaming the creative team, they really need to deal with this better.

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 04:24 AM
That was so funny I literally just spit soda on my screen laughing!! If they actually booked him to be a tweaner it would be interesting.

Exactly. He doesn't even have to turn heel. Even a Cena who doesn't just ignore his haters would be a nice change.

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:26 AM
despite what the WWE is trying to sell you, he is not getting money heat boos from the crowd that boos him, he's getting Xpac I'm not going to buy your ppv's heat from them. At one time STone cold was a true tweaner who got booed by half the crowd, but it was a legit money heat he got from them.

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Exactly. He doesn't even have to turn heel. Even a Cena who doesn't just ignore his haters would be a nice change.

bingo. I don't think he should go full heel, I think he should become a legit tweaner and start messing with the part of the crowd that boos him and play to the crowd that cheers him.

mika009
12-07-2011, 05:03 AM
You got the title correct when you said speech. I'm sick of watching everyone give good wrestling promos then Cena comes out to talk and from what he says and the overkill of emotion he puts into it, it sounds more like he's an army general getting his troops ready for war. He can't give a regular promo. He has to get all hyped up like it's his last match ever and he tries way to hard to get the crowd into it. I can take his limited wrestling ability and him being the top face and shoved down our throats, but I am sick to death of hearing him talk.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-07-2011, 05:51 AM
So far, creative's answer to the booing: Make Cena laugh and smile about it.

Seriously, how much are these people getting paid to come up with that fresh approach?

alexrules01
12-07-2011, 05:53 AM
Honestly I believe its all about the crowd reacting to Cena. Whoever it is, wether cheering or booing, reacts when Cena comes out, which is ultimately what the WWE wants. he gains the most reaction, where others get next to none.

D-Rock
12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't recall the boos being equal or even overpowering the cheers during his career as a face. The crowd against Cena really seems to have grown and gotten louder in the last 2 years.

Kashdinero
12-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Out of all the top level stars in the history of the WWE, this current version of JC Chuckles is the most embarrassing.

JC Chuckles is kinda like how Hogan was in 1995. Booed relentlessly, for representing all that was wrong with the industry at the time.

If the 2012 version of JC Chuckles is anything like the 1996 Hogan, then we might all get our wish.

I think by finally acknowledging the relentless torrent of abuse he has so clearly been receiving for years, they are either trying to gain some sympathy from the hatestrels, or preparing the children for the worst.

Another year of this dork with muscles act hogging the spotlight might drive this longtime fan insane.

The Hit Man
12-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Maybe creative know that if Cena gives that speech, it will make the haters hate more and the fans cheer more? Like someone said, Cena gets one of if not thee biggest reaction in WWE. That surely is a good thing? I think creative are purposely doing this to emphasise his character as the most controversial superstar in WWE history. Maybe I'm just being optimistic.

twoot2
12-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Hes been dealing with the boos his whole career but as someone said theyve just gotten louder and louder over the past few years and its due to the fact of Cenas character and his poor inring ability but you can see now that wwe has tried to get the fans to get on Cenas side by bringing out Foley and doing the this is your life thing and then Piper and then all the praises he receives in interviews and over twitter but it just doesnt seem to be working and thats not a good sign going in to Wrestlemania because i can already see the crowd booeing his ass out of the arena whether he wins or he dont and it will be the same after.

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Out of all the top level stars in the history of the WWE, this current version of JC Chuckles is the most embarrassing.

JC Chuckles is kinda like how Hogan was in 1995. Booed relentlessly, for representing all that was wrong with the industry at the time.

If the 2012 version of JC Chuckles is anything like the 1996 Hogan, then we might all get our wish.

I think by finally acknowledging the relentless torrent of abuse he has so clearly been receiving for years, they are either trying to gain some sympathy from the hatestrels, or preparing the children for the worst.

Another year of this dork with muscles act hogging the spotlight might drive this longtime fan insane.

Where you been mate? I haven't seen you really post much outside of JBW!

Kashdinero
12-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Where you been mate? I haven't seen you really post much outside of JBW!

I still read these threads. It's my job. :)

I kinda just watched Raw and wasn't a fan of most things Cena related and just had to say something here ;)

Rassling_Fan
12-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm pretty up on my wrestling history and I've never seen a company's top baby face get booed by over half the crowd.
Hulk Hogan in his pre-nWo stages were getting booed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vly0lzHQoAM) Hogan style in the old WCW style was not a good fit.

jhf1601
12-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Chuckles

By far the most fitting description of JC's character. I actually LOL'd when I read it. Kudos.

And while we all may be tired of him, things aren't gonna change until CM Punk or somebody else can deliver strong merchandise sales, TV numbers, and PPV buyrates. He's well on his way, but I think its still gonna take some time for the WWE brass to realize that their product will not survive if they keep spoon feeding us this crap. I would like to believe change is coming, and at this point I don't care what it is - anything is better than that "Rise above the Hate" crap. This is pro wrestling for god's sake. They only way you rise above it is by smashing a chair over someones head, not by pandering to fans using corporate buzzwords so their twitter stats spike. I really think HHH is making some good changes backstage, but the constant rewrites and Vince being in Michael Cole's ear all night is hurting way more than its helping.

Rassling_Fan
12-07-2011, 08:43 AM

Hogan was booed even before that... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1RqiVO1-uA)

Glamour Girl
12-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I think mixed reactions only applies when you get just as many cheers as boos or close to it. It's pretty clear Cena's mostly booed these days and regardless of the Piper's pit segment I really think Vince doesn't care what the fans want and just refuses to make Cena a heel thinking he can change our minds. As I mentioned on my last thread Cena always talking about how proud he is of Punk and Ryder is a sign that they want him to be good by association, same goes with Cena sacrificing his title shot to Ryder. It doesn't matter that Cena's always been a supporter of Ryder backstage because we all know storylines have little to do with backstage stuff. Cena's character sucking up to Ryder fans is just a way for Vince to convince us Cena's alright and doesn't deserve to get booed. The idea that that Piper's Pit segment outweights this theory is flawed considering how many last minute rewrites WWE does these days. Clearly they don't know what they want out of certain segments (misterious GM).

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't recall the boos being equal or even overpowering the cheers during his career as a face. The crowd against Cena really seems to have grown and gotten louder in the last 2 years.

Just have to say, love your sig

captainmoonlight
12-07-2011, 10:05 AM
he'd still sell Shit loads of merch as a bad guy and if it did get bad they could turn him back if need be.

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 10:10 AM
he'd still sell Shit loads of merch as a bad guy and if it did get bad they could turn him back if need be.

the term "Shit loads" never sounds like anything positive, you know? Obviously I get what you're saying, it just seems like something to be avoided :P

Wrestling Realist
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
did any one find it funny when Cena say to Cole "wad ta force feed em buddy" about Ziggler's new nickname show off is that kettle calling the pot black, but yeah every week boo's seem to get louder and louder starting drowning out the cheers WWE need to doing something and fast it kinda getting sad and not in a good way plus with Cena just smiling and laughing is just bring the quality of the product down like before survivor series when awesome truth screwed him to get the win and he just sit there laughs like no big deal when he should be mad, or at survivor series when rock gave him the rock bottom he crawls to the stage and just laughs when he should pissed no wonder why raw's ratings are down along with ppv

HOTDwwwyki
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
his whole the great thing about the wwe universe is expressing theirselves blah blah blah. The writers really need to come up with something better to cover the fact that their number one baby face is booed by over half the audience.

i thought Cena doesn't use scripts? if thats true then the writers arent to blame for his corniness.

Wrestling Realist
12-07-2011, 01:05 PM
we have a mixed reaction here tonight but a reaction none the less... any one sick of hearing that, but Cena's promos scripted or not I say he already turned heel well at least a tweener just after money in the bank not cause of Cm Punk but what he said about punk winning the WWE title and I quote "hunter are going to listen to that guy, are going to strip my title because Cm punk says he better than me and he beat me in Chicago 1 time, at wrestlemania 22 in Chicago I beat you does that mean i can strip you of being C.O.O. and run the joint myself" that such a heel thing to whine about losing a title plus holding fake title went against everything Cena was suppose to stands for hustle loyalty and respect and saying never want to make the title a joke everything he did do leading to summer slam since it like every thing one huge joke to him so yeah he's a heel WWE just hasn't caught on yet to what the majority of fans want, it stone cold in reverse

Bruiser jones
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Ceba is a cornball especially that ryder impersination he did

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 01:37 PM
we have a mixed reaction here tonight but a reaction none the less... any one sick of hearing that, but Cena's promos scripted or not I say he already turned heel well at least a tweener just after money in the bank not cause of Cm Punk but what he said about punk winning the WWE title and I quote "hunter are going to listen to that guy, are going to strip my title because Cm punk says he better than me and he beat me in Chicago 1 time, at wrestlemania 22 in Chicago I beat you does that mean i can strip you of being C.O.O. and run the joint myself" that such a heel thing to whine about losing a title plus holding fake title went against everything Cena was suppose to stands for hustle loyalty and respect and saying never want to make the title a joke everything he did do leading to summer slam since it like every thing one huge joke to him so yeah he's a heel WWE just hasn't caught on yet to what the majority of fans want, it stone cold in reverse

This doesn't sound convincing, at all. Cena has acted like that before. When Vince threatened to fire Cena last year/this year, he joked that he would go to TNA. He even called Vince old and told him that he shouldn't be in the wrestling business anymore because Vince threatened to fire CM Punk before the MITB PPV. It's not Cena out of character. It's just Cena being a little more serious, which I want him to do more often.

Wrestling Realist
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
This doesn't sound convincing, at all. Cena has acted like that before. When Vince threatened to fire Cena last year/this year, he joked that he would go to TNA. He even called Vince old and told him that he shouldn't be in the wrestling business anymore because Vince threatened to fire CM Punk before the MITB PPV. It's not Cena out of character. It's just Cena being a little more serious, which I want him to do more often.

everything you said is a babyface move and like you said "He even called Vince old him that he shouldn't be in the wrestling business anymore because Vince threatened to fire CM Punk" cause it would make the WWE title meaningless then made the title seem meaningless by what i post earlier he should have forfeited the fake title to live up to John Cena H-L-R heel move going against what his character stand for, when the month before he stood up for the title, next month doing the complete opposite of what he said the month before but could have been bad writing on the WWE

up until that point i still somewhat liked cena thought he was stale but was loving him and cm punk (liked since SES day)
and making wwe fun again

Lowki
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM
despite what the WWE is trying to sell you, he is not getting money heat boos from the crowd that boos him, he's getting Xpac I'm not going to buy your ppv's heat from them. At one time STone cold was a true tweaner who got booed by half the crowd, but it was a legit money heat he got from them.
I thought X-pac heat was 15,000 cornette faces?

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 03:19 PM
i thought x-pac heat was 15,000 cornette faces?

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kashdinero
12-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Hogan was booed even before that... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1RqiVO1-uA)

Yeah, I know, but 1995 things were at a fever pitch, so to speak.

By far the most fitting description of JC's character. I actually LOL'd when I read it. Kudos.

Heh, thanks, man. I thought so too.

When he talks these days, I can totally picture him in a Hawaiian shirt.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Not as bored as I'm getting of these threads!!

Lowki
12-07-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty up on my wrestling history and I've never seen a company's top baby face get booed by over half the crowd. not even in the horseman days where everyone loved Flair did I see Sting get booed like that. Not in the NWO days when they were super over cool heels did I see the over half the crowd bood whoever was challenging Hogan, hell even Lex Luger didn't get booed like this when he went up against Hogan.
To actually add to this thread; can nobody remember Rock v Hogan 1? This is the same kind of match up- past vs present. I recall the Rock getting booed heavily whenever he got offense. So it does happen.

scribbler_jones
12-07-2011, 04:23 PM
I agree. It sounds like Cena is way too scripted for him to be anywhere close to believable, and he comes off as artificial. I can be hearing somebody else - even a mid-tier promo-giver - and get kinda into it even if the mic skills aren't all there, and as soon as Cena grabs a mic he sucks whatever interest I had out of the whole affair. I wish creative would either let him show some real personality and just say what he needs to say or just don't let him talk. But that's just my opinion.

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
bottom line, they have to think of a better way to deal with the boos then goofy smiles and his "can you feel the energy" crap. Unlike most I don't think he needs to go full heel, just play the a true tweaner, actually react to the boos and piss them off on purpose and then play up to the kids cheers. They can kind of play it up like they did when Hitman was a face in canada and a heel in the states. Or they could just have him do the SOS because that's been working so well.

Alberto Del Rio
12-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Lol this makes me feel sorry for him, because he tries to get all the crowed on his side but it never works lool poor cena

Y2J___Y2J
12-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Each week seems to be the same thing.. Cena excepting that some will boo him..
WWE need to embrace the fact that no males over the age of 12 like him, they need to turn him..

BlazersDozen
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
This storyline is really pissing me off. Its not bad enough that they make Cena look like God in the ring but now he's a saint who embrasses the ones who hate him? And the fact that when he starts shitting from the mouth onto the microphone, he gets more boos than normal because even his fans are already sick of this horrible idea of a storyline.

Bodom
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Gotta love how people claim Cena is hated by most the fans. Like they are some type of Boo-O-Meter or something.

Crossing my fingers for the Honk-A-Meter being brought back as the Boo-A-Meter

Lowki
12-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Easiest way for cena to handle it; keep responding to boos by making remarks that imply the kids are the REAL wrestling fans and that those booing him don't even contribute. When he says shit like "feel the energy"; make it implied that he's talking about those cheering him and literally ignore those booing him. He wouldn't be heel, it would just be a nice tweak. Would also stop him looking like a dick trying to suck up to people who are booing him.