PDA

View Full Version : WWE weight class

Ravsta
12-07-2011, 02:10 AM
i think its time for the wwe to have a weight class for each title. (this only works if you bring back the cruiser weight title, or if you bring in a super heavyweight title).
eg;
Heavyweight title only for people who weigh 260+ pounds
Intercontinental title only for people who weigh 200 - 259 pounds
cruiserweight title 200 and lower.

then have the WWE and United States titles as titles that anyone from any division can have. this brings prestigue back to all the titles and still gives a chance for smaller people to have a shot at a major title.

the reason for this is because after watching RAW and Smackdown the last couple of weeks, both ziggler and bryan are floating around the heavy weight title picture. However i feel that a HEAVYWEIGHT champion needs to be a heavyweight and yes the wwe title is a considered heavyweight.

thoughts?

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 03:20 AM
It won't work mate. Rhodes, Bryan, The Miz, R Truth, Riley, Ryder, ADR, Dibiase, and even Cena and Orton wouldn't be able to compete for the WWE title lol.

Ravsta
12-07-2011, 04:11 AM
no no only the world heavyweight title is weight orientated the wwe and united states titles are for anyone.

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 04:22 AM
no no only the world heavyweight title is weight orientated the wwe and united states titles are for anyone.

Its kinda weird that you would only have some of the titles be weight oriented. If the WWE title wasn't, whilst the WHC was, wouldn't that make the WWE title less prestigious, knowing that anyone can hold it?

Ravsta
12-07-2011, 04:55 AM
no the wwe would probably be more prestigous as there would be more people gunning for it. eg; bryan, ziggler, christian, orton, punk, del rio etc..
this is just a way of keeping the world heavyweight title for the heavyweights (hence the name) eg; sheamus, hhh, cena, henry, kane, taker, big show, orton etc...
people like Bryan, christian, ziggler ect.. are not heavyweights so they shouldn't hold the world heavyweight title.

if you watched raw ziggler vs sheamus was a good match but there was a huge size difference, also cena vs ryder.. these matches should'v been squashs.

Fan4Now
12-07-2011, 05:17 AM

Sorry Guy! The WHC is NOT weight oriented. Rey Mysterio & several small guys have held it, as well as several big guys! Today, every WWE Title is for anyone, except the Diva's title! Of course Main Eventers rarely compete for/hold the mid card (IC, US) titles, but they can!

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Sorry Guy! The WHC is NOT weight oriented. Rey Mysterio & several small guys have held it, as well as several big guys! Today, every WWE Title is for anyone, except the Diva's title! Of course Main Eventers rarely compete for/hold the mid card (IC, US) titles, but they can!

This is true. But Ravsta was just pitching the idea to going back to weight classes for the title.

no the wwe would probably be more prestigous as there would be more people gunning for it. eg; bryan, ziggler, christian, orton, punk, del rio etc..
this is just a way of keeping the world heavyweight title for the heavyweights (hence the name) eg; sheamus, hhh, cena, henry, kane, taker, big show, orton etc...
people like Bryan, christian, ziggler ect.. are not heavyweights so they shouldn't hold the world heavyweight title.

if you watched raw ziggler vs sheamus was a good match but there was a huge size difference, also cena vs ryder.. these matches should'v been squashs.

When you look at it that way, it does kinda make sense. However, if you're a great wrestler, you can make anything look realistic, even if you're much smaller than your opponent. That's exactly what Ziggler does.

But I feel that if there's many talent gunning for the WWE championship, it will be passed around too often, like it is right now. That would devalue it, as it has over the past year. But nice idea.

Shelts9192
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, when Mysterio won the WHC, they never called him the 'World Heavyweight Champion' - just the 'World's Champion'.

And Cruiserweight was 220lbs.
Overall, I just dont like the idea. The prestiege that the WHC holds is incredible. With traces back to 1905 (I think somehow the WWE and even TNA titles can also be traced down the same line), and I like how the best wrestlers in the world, despte their weight, now have an oppertunity to hold it.

bcfccalum
12-07-2011, 11:27 AM
i dont think weight really ever mattered. like someone said the cruiserweight title was 220lbs but didnt matt hardy hold it at 227lbs or something like that

sincara
12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
wouldnt work !

hailestormer
12-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Maybe WWE could trial this concept on Smackdown. WHC for Heavyweights, IC for LH and bring back the Cruiserweights. Maybe then introduce an open weight title for everyone, kind of like Boxings 'super' champion.

TempestH
12-08-2011, 12:16 AM
While I would love to see a Cruiserweight Title return, I have no desire to see actual weight classes dividing up the Superstars.

What I would like to see is every superstar 220 lbs and under (regardless of wrestling style or position on the card) gunning for the Cruiserweight Championship. You stick the title on someone like The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, or Cody Rhodes, and it would be no different than Jericho's IC Title reigns.

AreYaSerious
12-08-2011, 01:26 AM
I like the thought but it wouldn't work.

something that would work is the Unification of the WWE Title and WHC and have that title be the main title of WWE

And make the United States Championship the title of Raw, and the IC championship the title of Smack Down

and bring in the Light Heavy Weight Championship for the smaller guys on both brands.

HCollins-TNA1
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I disagree... this isn't boxing or MMA.... 2 weight classes would do.....
Crusierweight/Light Weight- 230 lbs and lower...
Heavyweight all no matter what weight...

Subject Zero
12-08-2011, 03:13 PM
i dont think weight really ever mattered. like someone said the cruiserweight title was 220lbs but didnt matt hardy hold it at 227lbs or something like that

If u remember that was when he stripped down naked to make the weight.