PDA

View Full Version : xbox service alert

pauadrian
12-06-2011, 10:57 PM
anyone know why i am getting a service alert after the update

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I haven't even had an update yet. Do you need to be a gold member to get it? Because I'm connected to Xbox Live but as a silver member.

pauadrian
12-06-2011, 11:01 PM
I haven't even had an update yet. Do you need to be a gold member to get it? Because I'm connected to Xbox Live but as a silver member.

don´t need to be gold
but i got a service alert and cannot connect to xbox live

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 11:16 PM
don´t need to be gold
but i got a service alert and cannot connect to xbox live

Ah fair play, I've been on today and have had nothing. I have no idea what you're talking about really with this service alert thing :(

pauadrian
12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Ah fair play, I've been on today and have had nothing. I have no idea what you're talking about really with this service alert thing :(

apparently xbox live is down

IrkenInvader
12-06-2011, 11:28 PM

Mine is right now, didn't get the update before it went down though.

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 11:30 PM

Ah that might explain why my friends kept going on and offline every minute or so and then just stayed offline.

Tommy Thunder
12-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Buy a Playstation :p

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Buy a Playstation :p

I'd rather play broken glass ;)

Nah seriously though I had one for about a year before I traded it for an Xbox. All my friends are on Xbox and the multiplayer stuff is just better, like Xbox live party's. PS3's are good though, offline they are better, online Xbox is better IMO.

pauadrian
12-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Mine is right now, didn't get the update before it went down though.

apparrently its world wide

Tommy Thunder
12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
I'd rather play broken glass ;)

Nah seriously though I had one for about a year before I traded it for an Xbox. All my friends are on Xbox and the multiplayer stuff is just better, like Xbox live party's. PS3's are good though, offline they are better, online Xbox is better IMO.

PS3 is way better value IMO, and I think online is much better, especially since it's free.

pauadrian
12-06-2011, 11:47 PM
PS3 is way better value IMO, and I think online is much better, especially since it's free.

it was always laggy when i had a psp

IrkenInvader
12-07-2011, 12:43 AM

I prefer X-Box over playstation because of the games. Never played online with the PS3, mostly because I hate all things from Japan.

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Okay for those who don't know the Dashboard had been sheduled for a title update for the past 3 months.

Pau the reason you cannot cannot is probably because you need to accept the new terms and agreements.

Once you've done that it should say Pau has X friends online. You will hate the sight of the word "Has" very accepting it into your gaming experience....just me? Fair enough

Subject Zero
12-07-2011, 02:54 AM
I know this is more about the PS3 but

has anyone else got the epilepsy warning when they start up their PS3?

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 09:15 AM

I have both, and a boredom that lets me weigh in here (not a fat joke)

PS3 has some great parts, but overall the online experience is slower, and has more issues (except with WWE 12, that just does not want to work on Xbox live, but that is an issue with THQ)

it is free to take them online, but with the security breaches and other issues over the past 2 years I am certain now more than ever that you are getting what you pay for there. Xbox live has a great on-line setup, both for downloads and for online gaming, and has not had the same security issues (which coming from Microsoft, is frankly surprising)

Either way, get both systems, if possible. Otherwise you risk missing out on fun games, not to mention that the PS3 plays Blu-Rays (not sure if it is still the cheapest blu-ray player or not) and you can download an app for Android that turns your phone into a remote control for it.

Tomsta666
12-07-2011, 12:04 PM
I've always wanted to get a PS3, but the price has always held me back.

There's rumours that 2012 could very well be the last year in this current generation of consoles.
So I expect to FINALLY get one next year, and play all of those AAA exclusives i've been missing out on!

Also STOP BEING FANBOYS!! :p

p.s. I got the new dashboard update today, looks class. I'm well impressed!

Asherdelampyr
12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I've always wanted to get a PS3, but the price has always held me back.

There's rumours that 2012 could very well be the last year in this current generation of consoles.
So I expect to FINALLY get one next year, and play all of those AAA exclusives i've been missing out on!

Also STOP BEING FANBOYS!! :p

p.s. I got the new dashboard update today, looks class. I'm well impressed!

yeah, we all know that the truly superior system is the Sega Genesis anyway!!!

pauadrian
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Okay for those who don't know the Dashboard had been sheduled for a title update for the past 3 months.

Pau the reason you cannot cannot is probably because you need to accept the new terms and agreements.

Once you've done that it should say Pau has X friends online. You will hate the sight of the word "Has" very accepting it into your gaming experience....just me? Fair enough

it was fixed this morning the reason i couldn´t sign in was microsoft´s problem

KJ PUNK
12-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I know this is more about the PS3 but

has anyone else got the epilepsy warning when they start up their PS3?

I get it. They must've put it on the last update

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I finally got the update, it looks very good, I'm impressed.

Free online is good but I'd rather pay for it for what XL offers.

KJ PUNK
12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a ps3 and I love it. I use it as a blu-ray Player more than as a gaming system but that's probably bc I only play sports games so the game selection doesn't really bother me. Plus I get god of war on ps3

Subject Zero
12-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I have a ps3 and I love it. I use it as a blu-ray Player more than as a gaming system but that's probably bc I only play sports games so the game selection doesn't really bother me. Plus I get god of war on ps3

Yeah the main reason i use it as well for the Blu Ray and GOW. I only get exclusives(and WWE) games for the PS3 its rare i but a multi platform game.

Plus its region free so :)