PDA

View Full Version : Superstar of the week

Kerrastone
12-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone, I want to run a little game with you for several weeks. It is called Superstar of the week where I will name a wrestler that has made the biggest impression recently [not necessarily in this week but within the month] and then rate them on the following Categories:

- Mic skills
- Crowd reaction heel/face
- Work rate [how much he has put the opponent over as well as themselves.]
- Creativity within the ring

I will be tallying their points up out of 40 and then when the year comes to a close we will see who has been superstar of the year [starting from this week, ending next december]

Here is the wrestler that I have chosen for this week:

Dolph Ziggler

I am going to give my honest opinions and I would like you to do the same, thankyou.

Lets start:

Dolph Ziggler

Mic Skills: I believe he is getting a lot better on the Mic. He is more confident and he is actually a heck of a lot more funny. His short scene with Jack Swagger really opitimized what he is about - cockyness. He is showing that he isn't afraid to speak his mind and he is getting himself and his character over a lot - something that not many others can do.

8/10

Crowd reaction: I don't think it is as good of a reaction as it should be. I believe that he isn't really the one generating heat - it is mostly Vickie Guerrero. If he actually shows some balls in his character and drops Vickie I believe the crowd will get behind him. How they handle the sacking of Vickie will be a big part in getting his Character over and the crowds attention. They need to use his cockyness to advantage and maybe have him show that he can do everything on his own and he doesn't need or care for Vickie.

5/10

Work Rate: He had a match with Sheamus on RAW which Sheamus actually dominated most of. I think he really made Sheamus look good with his selling and mainly his facial expressions. Dolph Ziggler has had many matches with people and made them look specifically good rather than getting himself over. I think that may be a bad choice because it won't really help with getting the crowd over. It is great for back and forth matches that last a long time on a PPV but for a Monday Night Raw you really need to get yourself over to be able to get to these PPV matches. His match last year against Daniel Bryan at Bragging Rights is a perfect example of how he can make a match really interesting in the long run but in the short run he needs to start getting himself over too.

6/10

Creativity within the ring: Well I have too much to say about this for Dolph as he is without a shadow of a doubt the most creativity. He doesn't have a moveset as he uses just about every move in the book. That is something I really really like in wrestlers. You don't know what he is going to hit and it gives them a real load of credibility. He faced Sheamus this week on RAW and he hit a scissor kick. That is something you very rarely see. At the end of the day, wrestling wise, he is extremely creative and very hard to read unlike Wrestlers such as John Cena who has to set-up other moves to do another move. As for his gimmick within the ring it really shows off well, no pun intended, as he reflects his image and personality with his moves. At the begining of the match Sheamus was being aggressive and Dolph was showing his character off by screaming 'HOW GOD DAMN GOOD DO I LOOK DOING THIS'. Not only is it a reflection of his Character but it is extremely funny too.

9/10

Thank you for reading my take, I am open for suggestions on how to improve it and for more categories. This will hopefully be a long on-going weekly episodic thread for WWE's RAW Brand.

Kerrastone.

Overall Score for Dolph Ziggler on Week 1: 28.

Table:

#1 Dolph Ziggler - 28.
--
--
--
--
--

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Great idea man.

I would of give:

MS: 8/10
CR: 6/10 8/10 with Vickie
WR: 8/10
CWTR: 7/10

So he would of got a 29 from me.

capn-edu
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
MS: 8/10
CR: 5/10 without vicks
WR: 10/10
CWTR: 8/10

CMRyder
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
How can Work Rate be anything but a 10?

MS:7
CR: 7 ( I believe he is really starting to get the crowd reaction for himself)
WR: 10 (past 2 PPVs..wrestled...TWICE..and always puts a hell of a match on)
CWTR: 9

so..Dolph gets a 34 for me.

blink
12-06-2011, 10:48 PM
That's was a fameasser... Not a scissor kick..... Which he use quite frequently.... You could say its part of his moveset.... With that said I fuckin love dolph ziggler. Wrestler of the year if you ask me.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Great idea!

MS: 7/10
CR: 5/10
WR: 10/10
CWTR: 6/10
TOTAL: 28

Ravsta
12-07-2011, 04:20 AM
MS: 5/10 imo very bland on the mic, (the in ring segment to start raw) although he is improving.
CR: 5/10 ziggler and jack swagger almost get no reaction (swagger gets none) its all vicky
WR: 9/10 the man puts damn good matches. and wrestled twice at 2 consecutive ppv's
CWTR: 9/10
TOTAL: 28

sincara
12-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Mic skills- 8
- Crowd reaction heel/face- without vikie 6 with vikie 9
- Work rate 9
- Creativity within the ring 7
total 33

rtb227
12-07-2011, 08:55 PM
mic-7/10
crowd reaction-6/10
work rate-10/10
creativity-8/10
0verall:31

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Brill thread. Great idea.

Dolph Ziggler:

Mic Skills:I'm really unsure. A few of his speeches on Z!TLIS are really good. Loved the ask a heel segment when they did it but whenever he's infront of a crowd it doesn't seem to work. I like his cockyness in mid matches were he shouts "How good am I!?" But overall I think he's great on the mic but rough around the edges and needs a bit more time. We'll see anyway.
7.5/10

Crowd Reaction: I remember that segment when Dolph was Intercontinental Champion and Pat Patterson was in the ring with him. Crowd destroyed him. Doesn't seem to get a major reaction without Vickie which is sad cause I think this is 1 of the only major problems he has in my opinion.
4.5/10

Workrate: Double duty 2 PPVs in a row? Being very high on the list of house shows the past 2 years. Makes Smackdown and Raw apparences. Dudes commited and has great consistency in the ring night after night. Has put on some of the best matches in the final quarter of 2011.
9.5/10

Creativity:I'm personally not a big fan of his Zig-Zag finisher or the block of holding the ropes to stop the move but thats my opinion. His matches vs. Orton are very good to watch, every single time they fight it out. Orton and Christian in their feud had great matches that topped there last ones and they're well known names in wrestling. If he can continue on the level he is doing then I don't see why he shouldn't be push to main event or even Royal Rumble winner.
8/10

Overall:29.5/40

Vanity leaderboard:
1st: Ziggler - 29.5
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

I may change or edit mine in later posts since things may change around.

Please do Barrett soon :D