PDA

View Full Version : whats everyones obsession with sheffield?

ShockMaster
12-06-2011, 04:16 PM
People saying the itbegins teasers are for him...and that he is geared to be the next cena...God I hope not he looks like generic NWO member #34. ZzZzZ we get it, he's huge but we have too many of those.

Automatic
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.thejohnreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/warrior2.jpeg

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't know why everybody is so exciting about Sheffield.
the people in the IWC are just stupid

JLeeDude1892
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Because Skip Sheffield, though huge, is a good wrestler. He's one of the only huge men that are a good wrestler. Batista, Mason Ryan, David Otunga... All huge, no skills. Sheffield has skills, charisma, and is good on the mic. He's gonna be a huge star.

Bennyladd1
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Because Skip Sheffield, though huge, is a good wrestler. He's one of the only huge men that are a good wrestler. Batista, Mason Ryan, David Otunga... All huge, no skills. Sheffield has skills, charisma, and is good on the mic. He's gonna be a huge star.

agreed, he has great mic skills and talent for a big guy, anyone who can't see that couldnt of been watching NEXUS, he was easily the most stand out superstar in the group along with Wade.

JLeeDude1892
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't know why everybody is so exciting about Sheffield.
the people in the IWC are just stupid

I love your sig.

AOF666
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
People saying the itbegins teasers are for him...and that he is geared to be the next cena...God I hope not he looks like generic NWO member #34. ZzZzZ we get it, he's huge but we have too many of those.

I like that quote generic NWO member #34!

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I love your sig.

I like your sig 2

CM_SUXX_NOT
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
apparently Vince is high on him too... the iwc agreeing with Vince??? yeah we must be wrong

Bennyladd1
12-06-2011, 05:38 PM
give the guy a chance, hes not that bad, don't understand all the negativity

URATOOL
12-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I love your sig.

I like your sig 2

Get a room!

CobraNightviper
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Damn I hope he's not that bad in the ring.
http://www.thejohnreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/warrior2.jpeg

jethro
12-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I only saw few Sheffield thread and its already an obsession.

Tomsta666
12-06-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't know, apparently their steel is world renouned.
Both their football teams have slipped though in recent years.

Wait, which Sheffield are we talking about again?

:p

PrimusSucks
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Just give this about 2 months after he debuts, he will be the next IWC hate of the week.

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Get a room!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_2HB_ikXU

K2Jelly
12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I actually see a lot of potential in ol' Skip. He has good in ring presence, a decent moveset and from what I've heard from him on NXT, not too shabby mic skills.

Lowki
12-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Some people just find it cool to hate on whatever's popular.

URATOOL
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
You all know that Cena had the look, the size, the mic skills and before joining the E had a decent enough move set and in ring ability right?

Just saying.....

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I actually see a lot of potential in ol' Skip. He has good in ring presence, a decent moveset and from what I've heard from him on NXT, not too shabby mic skills.
How do you know he has good mic skills? do you have a promo or something for me? the only thing I can find on youtube is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAG3xa4b5a4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALdL9gu61ds&feature=related

must say I'm not impressed

K2Jelly
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
You all know that not every wrestler that the WWE pushes becomes stale and repetitive, right?

Just saying.....

K2Jelly
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
How do you know he has good mic skills? do you have a promo or something for me? the only thing I can find on youtube is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALdL9gu61ds&feature=related

My mistake. Nothing really good came from NXT Season 1 except for Barrett and Otunga.

I meant while he was in the Nexus. Besides, I said not too shabby, not amazing.

Giddy
12-06-2011, 06:22 PM

"Yep yep yep, what it do" could be the next "You can't see me!" I mean, they make the same ammount of sense...

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
"Yep yep yep, what it do" could be the next "You can't see me!" I mean, they make the same ammount of sense...

talking about making sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukKME6Z0vAc

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 06:24 PM
My mistake. Nothing really good came from NXT Season 1 except for Barrett and Otunga.

I meant while he was in the Nexus. Besides, I said not too shabby, not amazing.

I hope you mean D-bryan instead of Otunga right??

Giddy
12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
talking about making sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukKME6Z0vAc
Knowing WWE, in 5 years there will be t shirt that on the front say "If you want a win..." and on the back says "Make it a win"

K2Jelly
12-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I hope you mean D-bryan instead of Otunga right??

Him too. Say what you will, Otunga was awesome in NXT. ggggggg

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I admit that he has the looks/charisma, but nothing more

AreYaSerious
12-06-2011, 06:30 PM

I don't find Otunga that bad. He was awesome in NXT, I thought he was going to win it.

I liked Bryan better then anyone in season one.

About Ol Skip. He is a SCSA rip off.

K2Jelly
12-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I admit that he has the looks/charisma, but nothing more

Agreed. If only he was actually good in the ring.

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Haha nice. Sheff Wed to finish above Utd this year!

Giddy
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Agreed. If only he was actually good in the ring.
Yeah, but his role right now is good, because he always is on air, can showcase his charisma, and isn't in the ring to much

CM_SUXX_NOT
12-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Hahaha I found that funny. Must be the same-town link

K2Jelly
12-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but his role right now is good, because he always is on air, can showcase his charisma, and isn't in the ring to much

Trying to do that while sporting a bow tie and sweater vest is pretty counterproductive.

Giddy
12-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Trying to do that while sporting a bow tie and sweater vest is pretty counterproductive.
Oh that bowtie :mad:. WHO in creative decided he should wear a bow tie...? Probably the same guy who booked The Great Khali to win the World Title.

K2Jelly
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Oh that bowtie :mad:. WHO in creative decided he should wear a bow tie...? Probably the same guy who booked The Great Khali to win the World Title.

I think they play blindfolded darts with a picture of random wrestlers one one board and possible storylines/angles on the other. Or it was probably Ranjin Singh.

Bruiser jones
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Skip is gonna be a monster

URATOOL
12-06-2011, 09:35 PM

He'll be FE within 18 months.

ShockMaster
12-07-2011, 12:54 AM

Lmfao I like this.

ShockMaster
12-07-2011, 01:01 AM

Shelton Benjamin, Jack swagger, John Morrison, and Test.

4 superstars my stoned mind can generate in 10 seconds that I find more entertaining and deserving of a push. Ugh I'm gonna regret putting swagger. Then again Sheffield doesn't have the moves like swagger.

Incubus_99
12-07-2011, 01:18 AM
so how soon before someone starts mixing 'Roid' with his name?...

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 03:13 AM

Dude Batista had skills. Given he wasn't a great technical wrestler, he managed to put on long, good matches. He was also good on the mic, and even better when he turned heel towards the end of his career. We've seen a few promos and matches from Sheffield in NXT, and hes already better? Hes a joke right now compared to Batista.

I don't see why some people love him! He's charismatic, can wrestle decently, can cut a half decent promo, but isn't all that impressive. Theres several other talent that deserve a push ahead of him.

Murphdogg4
12-07-2011, 04:43 AM
I think people like to see wrestlers who actually look like they could legit kick someones ass in real life.

Mizfit
12-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Shelton Benjamin, Jack swagger, John Morrison, and Test.

4 superstars my stoned mind can generate in 10 seconds that I find more entertaining and deserving of a push. Ugh I'm gonna regret putting swagger. Then again Sheffield doesn't have the moves like swagger.

Shelton: I agree
Swagger: had his chance and fizzled out
Morrison: nothing but a spot monkey
Test: dead

Cynicism
12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Dude Batista had skills. Given he wasn't a great technical wrestler, he managed to put on long, good matches. He was also good on the mic, and even better when he turned heel towards the end of his career. We've seen a few promos and matches from Sheffield in NXT, and hes already better? Hes a joke right now compared to Batista.

I don't see why some people love him! He's charismatic, can wrestle decently, can cut a half decent promo, but isn't all that impressive. Theres several other talent that deserve a push ahead of him.

Batista got good on the mic when they basically asked him to play himself. I don't remember Batista being in a good match where he wasn't carried the whole way through it. Not seen enough of Sheffield to see if he had any ring psychology, he could move alright though and should be able to work on that, well he could before injury anyway.

Side note what's the rivalry like between the two Sheffield's up north? It like Saints v Pompey?

Giddy
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
so how soon before someone starts mixing 'Roid' with his name?...
Its kinda hard. Roidback just doesn't sound right

BlazersDozen
12-07-2011, 09:17 PM
I think people like to see wrestlers who actually look like they could legit kick someones ass in real life.

This

No offense to the roster but if I got into a bar fight, I wouldn't back down from over half the current roster.

K2Jelly
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
This

No offense to the roster but if I got into a bar fight, I wouldn't back down from over half the current roster.

Don't let looks deceive you. Apparently, Yoshi can kick Sheamus' ass.

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Don't let looks deceive you. Apparently, Yoshi can kick Sheamus' ass.

Aye and Booker T was apparently winning a scrap against Batista after a fallout at SummerSlam 2005 until Big Show split them.

Although if I got into a fight against the Big Show and he's very angry, i'd probably run away from him before he snaps my bones like a breadstick.