PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the superstar of the year ? Vote now !

PSOjedi
12-06-2011, 07:20 AM
The nominees for the 2011 WWE Superstar of the Year are :

Mark Henry,
CM Punk,
Alberto Del Rio,
John Cena,
The Miz,
Randy Orton

Vote now !

PSOjedi
12-06-2011, 07:23 AM
I would like CM Punk to win, but I vote Alberto Del Rio. This guy is simply amazing and impressive with all he has accomplished this year !

JamFran
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
I honestly feel it should be Del Rio... He's done a lot this year. But is it going to be him? I doubt it because it is based off fan votes.

steveorton
12-06-2011, 07:30 AM
I voted for Punk as he won the WWE championship 3 times this year and his famous shoot promo garnered alot of attention outside the wrestling world. Also because he is the Agent of Change.

ADR has won RR, MITB and 2 WWE championships but imo he didn't deserve any of these.

CGBigMan
12-06-2011, 07:30 AM
What i Think-CM Punk
What Small Children think-John Cena
Plausible outsider-The Miz

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I voted fot Punk.

wrestlingfan66513
12-06-2011, 10:07 AM
I voted for Miz. He won the main event of Wrestlemania, held the title longest this year, and is ending the year taking out other guys and getting series

Kerrastone
12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Will be: Alberto Del Rio
Should be: CM Punk
Next year: Dolph Ziggler

RST
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
The Superstar of the year is Twitter, since it gets all of the TV time.

The American disaster
12-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Punk by far.....

AWrestlingGod
12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
The miz should win nothing,bigger than beating cena in wrestlemania main event

Or cm punk

Bruiser jones
12-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Randy orton should but its gonna be miz or adr

Tomsta666
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Punk. He's probably had the biggest impact of any of the other guys on that list. That said though, Del Rio has pretty much won everything this year. Also, props to Randy Orton. He's put a lot of guys over these last couple of months, respect to him for that. Cena will probably win it though!! :cool:

The Brown One
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
You do know this is fixed right? The fans votes only count for a bit. It's the WWE that decides who wins. Just like they had Cena win last year, when he clearly wasn't the best. With that in mind, I want Punk to win, but ADR will likely win.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
No R-Truth!! It's a conspiracy! All the little Jimmy's conspired, so he get got!!!

VanHooliganX
12-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Gotta be Punk. Main attraction this year.

Very annoyed Christian isn't apart of the list though

Fatality
12-06-2011, 11:51 AM
What i Think-CM Punk
What Small Children think-John Cena
Plausible outsider-The Miz

What he said!

Mikeyboy7777777
12-06-2011, 11:58 AM
alberto del rio seems too green to me no reaction at all
mark henry is the monster of the year:D

alzone
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
CM Punk all the way

Grind_Bastard
12-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I voted Punk!

Mizfit
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I put orton, since its always orton or cena

I would say Del Rio for Break out star of the year though.

TNA 'The very best'
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Randy orton should but its gonna be miz or adr

besides putting over a couple of people this year, what has he done., left no impact on wwe this year at all.

malvec
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Popular vote: CM Punk
Should be: Alberto Del Rio
Reason: Because it's his destiny
Runner up: Zack Ryder
Reason: Went from an unknown to having a whole episode of Raw dedicated to him without dying.

Bruiser jones
12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
besides putting over a couple of people this year, what has he done., left no impact on wwe this year at all.

O ok junior

The Brown One
12-06-2011, 01:02 PM
alberto del rio seems too green to me no reaction at all
mark henry is the monster of the year:D

That doesn't matter to WWE. They look at it as ADR having been the 2012 Royal Rumble winner, MITB winner, and 2 time WWE champion, and a chance to try to get him over with the crowd by giving him some stupid trophy.

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Did anyone vote on WWE.com? Not sure if it's gonna matter because I think they got people to vote last year and then had a tournemant, either way I can see Punk winning it.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Wow, I'm the only one to vote Henry?

Yes, I know he won't get the average age vote, but seriously, has there been anyone more dominant this year? People say Punk to win, but he lost the majority of matches before June (against Orton), then has only had the championship for what, 2 months?

The only other one I'd consider would be Miz. He's the only one to have had a decent title run, time- wise, and has been quite entertaining. Plus he headlined Wrestlemania and Survivor Series, defended his title at Royal Rumble, and then made an impact at Summerslam. That's the grand slam of WWE major PPVs in 2011!

Automatic
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Kayfabe wise: ADR or Miz. I'll go for Miz because his title reign was 3 months, the longest of the year.
What they'll do: CM Punk, because he got so hot.

TNA 'The very best'
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
O ok junior

Care to expand there ???????

Cynicism
12-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm expecting Punk to win it, and to be honest I think it should be him, ADR or Miz depending on what point you look at of the year. Miz started off very strong and it still in the title picture at the end of it. ADR had RR, MitB and has been in the title picture all year. Punk shook up the second half of the year, even outsold Cena on merch once and seems to get the biggest reaction, if we can believe what's broadcast.

Y2Jryder
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
This shows why most people of the IWC are stupid.
The poll is about superstar of the year, not for superstar of the summer till Christmas.
I like Punk but he wasn't there the whole year.

It should be The Miz.

Automatic
12-06-2011, 03:13 PM
This shows why most people of the IWC are stupid.
The poll is about superstar of the year, not for superstar of the summer till Christmas.
I like Punk but he wasn't there the whole year.

It should be The Miz.

Too bad it's a popularity contest.

Bruiser jones
12-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Care to expand there ???????

U said wat u had to say and I said o ok. I mean damn do u want me to argue with u???

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Too bad it's a popularity contest.

Didn't Orton win it a couple of years ago when he was heel? (I honestly can't remember that far back too much)

URATOOL
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
The Superstar of the year is Twitter, since it gets all of the TV time.

You are a genius.

#irony.

Automatic
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Didn't Orton win it a couple of years ago when he was heel? (I honestly can't remember that far back too much)

I've heard that it hasn't always been a fan vote contest, maybe WWE chose him.

Sully
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
It depends...if the fans get to vote, it's CM Punk. If it's a competition of some sort...it's CM Punk. If WWE is choosing...it's CM Punk.

If it's anyone else, it's going to be CM Punk. Or The Miz

Giddy
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
I vote for Miz, because he was the longest WWE Champ, won in the main event of Wrestlemania, made a huge impact in Awesome Truth, etc. He deserves it (even though I doubt WWE will give it to him)

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I've heard that it hasn't always been a fan vote contest, maybe WWE chose him.

That'd make sense.

Let's just see what WWE Interactive has to say about the awards next week

Rich Cranium
12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
ADR or CM Punk.

arsenhole
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM
randy orton is the wwe superstar of the year i don't care what anyone or any fan vote says ever since he came to sd he's been for the most part the best wrestler in wwe only recently being taken over by dolph ziggler and cm punk he had the second best fued of the year with christian and more recently he's been putting over up and coming guys like crazy imo orton DESERVES that award

LMPunker
12-06-2011, 06:29 PM
surprise surpise i voted punk

twoot2
12-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Im sure it will be either The Miz or Cm Punk but im going to vote for Miz because i feel he deserves it more.

AreYaSerious
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
The money in the bank incident was the most exciting thing that happened this year. Who triggered it? Punk there for Punk will get this award.

However Henry would be my second opinion. He went from a jobber to the World Heavyweight Champion.

jethro
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I vote for Punk.
Earlier this year he did a good job at commentary booth with Cole and King,then he involved in Nexus storyline,as a leader of Nexus he did good but the stable was not making a huge impact as when Barrett leading the group,Nexus just not relevant anymore after Cena destroy them.Had a good series of matches with Rey which I think its pretty underrated.Just when I think Punk would stuck in mid/uppercard for the rest of the year he made a huge impact,he did a shoot promo while breaking the 4th wall where other wrestlers would never do makes him talk of the wrestling world(atleast thats what I think).His segment with Vince McMahon was good,Punk eventually became WWE champion for the first time at MITB ppv which I think WWE best ppv this year,2nd half of the year he wrestle Triple H and to me it was a huge deal because not many wrestler got the chance to wrestle Triple H one on one.
I think this has been a good year for Punk,sold merchandise onpar if not more than Cena,The Rock and Orton.

evilgenius780
12-06-2011, 08:59 PM

Didn't you see his career win over David Otunga!?!!?

I voted for Punk, everyone of these guys has an argument for the award, but, none have made an impact quite like CM Punk this year.

Fan4Now
12-06-2011, 09:42 PM
(Steve Orton) CM Punk: 3 Time WWE Champ + Shoot Promo

(WrestlingFan66513) Miz: Longest Reigning Champ + Won Mania vs Cena

I see 1 of the 2 above winning this yr from what I hear. ADR could win. I personally really don't care for him, but I'm not VKM or creative! I HIGHLY doubt it will be based on Fan Votes!

My guess is Miz. I know Punk blew minds w/ his promo, but Miz held WWE title the longest this yr + won WM ME vs John Cena.

Cena won 2009 & 2010 Superstar Of The Year. I think it'll be Miz b/c they'll give it to a heel this year. Of course WWE doesn't always play by logic like that, but that's what I believe!

JMO!!

Tommy Thunder
12-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I voted for Punk. He's made himself the biggest star in WWE this year. He now sells the most merch, he's the most popular, he's awesome in the ring, entertaining on the mic, and he's won 2 WWE titles whilst doing all that. It's hard to look past that.
The Miz has had an amazing year. Headlining and winning at WM, and so far, his WWE title run has been the most credible of the year.
Yes, ADR has won MITB, the RR, and 2 WWE championships (I honestly can't remember either reign though), but I don't think he's been better than Punk or Miz.

LoGik
12-07-2011, 03:05 AM
They will probably give it to del rio to try to get him more heat.

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 03:31 AM
They will probably give it to del rio to try to get him more heat.

I hate that they did that with Cena (to get him more over). It's not going to work. They need to give ADR some new material, or just forget about him and work on someone else, because hes not being received too well with fans.