PDA

View Full Version : This is the end of the road

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 03:05 AM
I am writing my las post here, it's sad, but it's become the reality of things around here. I need some time away from here, I love you all, and I probably ended it on a bad note with some users, but don't worry I apologize and I was an idiot for doing what I had to do. School is taking over my life right now, and I need more time to focus on schooling and look forward to my new career as a police officer when I graduate college. I would like to personally thank Rob, Sau, and Kash for having faith in me in JBW for the time I was there, TJ Hawkes for giving me my big break, the mods for putting up with my constant nonsensical bantering, and to the rest of the users I have interacted with on this forum as well as outside on Facebook or on Twitter. I wanna also thank Broc and Sully for giving me the chance to expand my talents in HWA!

I bid you all farewell and I wish you all well in whatever you guys all do!

I love you guys, I really do! Merci Bonsoir!

THEKEVINBRAND signing off for the final time...

VanHooliganX
12-06-2011, 03:07 AM
I am writing my las post here, it's sad, but it's become the reality of things around here. I need some time away from here, I love you all, and I probably ended it on a bad note with some users, but don't worry I apologize and I was an idiot for doing what I had to do. School is taking over my life right now, and I need more time to focus on schooling and look forward to my new career as a police officer when I graduate college. I would like to personally thank Rob, Sau, and Kash for having faith in me in JBW for the time I was there, TJ Hawkes for giving me my big break, the mods for putting up with my constant nonsensical bantering, and to the rest of the users I have interacted with on this forum as well as outside on Facebook or on Twitter. I wanna also thank Broc and Sully for giving me the chance to expand my talents in HWA!

Ah pal. Sad times. But if you really want time away/to leave then I hope to see you again or at least lurk from time to time :)

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Ah pal. Sad times. But if you really want time away/to leave then I hope to see you again or at least lurk from time to time :)

Yeah I'll try man!

Sully
12-06-2011, 03:10 AM
Wait...what?

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Wait...what?

I'm sorry Sully, I need some time right now to focus on my personal life

68wPayne
12-06-2011, 03:28 AM
take care buddy. Completely understand what you mean. Also I'm trying to be a police officer myself so maybe we bill be badge buddies one day lol

AreYaSerious
12-06-2011, 03:29 AM
This answered my question... Damn Kevin this is all unnecessary bro... Can you sleep on it before you drastically make a decision? That's all I ask you to do... If you feel the same tomorrow, then I guess take your vacation... Just give it a day.

Think about it bro, JBW vs EWNCW once in a life time chance. Kevin Matthews wouldn't miss that for the world. Just think about it.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 03:33 AM
take care buddy. Completely understand what you mean. Also I'm trying to be a police officer myself so maybe we bill be badge buddies one day lol

I doubt it man I'm Canadian and you're American, unless something huge happens that calls every international police force

68wPayne
12-06-2011, 03:35 AM
I doubt it man I'm Canadian and you're American, unless something huge happens that calls every international police force

Well a badge is a badge, just like a soldier is a soldier. Comraderie can cross international lines I believe.

Tomsta666
12-06-2011, 03:39 AM
:( Aw man, what happened Kev?
I'm assuming you were involved in some of that patented EWN drama?

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Well a badge is a badge, just like a soldier is a soldier. Comraderie can cross international lines I believe.
I sure hope so!

:( Aw man, what happened Kev?
I'm assuming you were involved in some of that patented EWN drama?
Yeah, I started it, but it also came in a time where I was thinking of leaving anyway

Leggo
12-06-2011, 04:11 AM
Totally unneccessary Kev. I understand your frustration at being bombarded with negative posts, but to leave?

Be the bigger man mate. Swallow it, take in people's comments and carry on.

You'll be back... So I won't say farewell mate.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Totally unneccessary Kev. I understand your frustration at being bombarded with negative posts, but to leave?

Be the bigger man mate. Swallow it, take in people's comments and carry on.

You'll be back... So I won't say farewell mate.

Let's say I'm taking an extended sabbatical

steveorton
12-06-2011, 06:42 AM

Cheers mate. I hope you return some day. I am not going to say goodbye just See you later. Keep safe mate :)

The Brown One
12-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I haven't been around as much as I used to in the past 9 months, but I didn't see many negative posts about you Kev. You're truly a great poster here and you're always up for a discussion. Thanks for the fun my friend, and I'll see you when I see you :)

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
This isn't goodbye forever only goodbye for now, I just need a little break Kevin Matthews will never die

Grind_Bastard
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Sorry to see you gone, Kev, but if you need a break, take it and come back with new strength, fella.

Tommy Thunder
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I'll just say that a break is very much in order for you, you need it, in more ways than one.
You will be back.

Necroyeti
12-06-2011, 02:04 PM
>"I am writing my last post here"
>posts again 3 minutes later

Shortest "last post" ever.

Anyway, come back soon broseph

Rich Cranium
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
You could do like me and just take a break from the EFeds. I still post when I can but the feds ARE very time consuming especially when novels are expected. ;) Anyways, if I go to Canada, speed on the highway and you pull me over, the secret get out of jail free code is EWNCW, ok?

Iron Ape
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Oh, snap. What did I miss? I want specifics.

Sully
12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I'll be writing for Kevin Matthews on Legacy for the time being.

Sully
12-06-2011, 03:18 PM
especially when novels are expected. ;)

I don't want novels, I just don't want a paragraph being sent in as a promo. All you need is about 10-15 minutes to write a good promo, not 2 minutes. You seem to give me some pretty badass promos though, so you're not a problem.

A matter a fact, everyone has been stepping up their game on promos. Either that, or they left...*cough* tnawhat *cough*

Rich Cranium
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't want novels, I just don't want a paragraph being sent in as a promo. All you need is about 10-15 minutes to write a good promo, not 2 minutes. You seem to give me some pretty badass promos though, so you're not a problem.

A matter a fact, everyone has been stepping up their game on promos. Either that, or they left...*cough* tnawhat *cough*

I never said "Sully expects novels". I could have been referring to Tommy but my point was that sometimes life doesn't give one the time to contribute to an EFed so a break is the best method to take until you can get back to that place you once where. At this moment in time, I would rather take a break than to write a shitty two sentence promo since that's not the way I roll.

I'll get back into the flow once this crossover deal has expired. I really have no place there.

Sully
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I never said "Sully expects novels". I could have been referring to Tommy but my point was that sometimes life doesn't give one the time to contribute to an EFed so a break is the best method to take until you can get back to that place you once where. At this moment in time, I would rather take a break than to write a shitty two sentence promo since that's not the way I roll.

I'll get back into the flow once this crossover deal has expired. I really have no place there.

Yeah I know you weren't specifically referring to me, but I know some people think I do expect novels. I wouldn't mind a novel, but still.

Look at it this way, if you have a character...there's only two ways you can get involved, and only one of them is really important. Number one, make in character posts in the discussion thread every once and awhile. Number two, make a quality promo.

There's nothing to judge in-ring wise, so I have to relay on promos to see who deserves a push. If you're giving me short and quick promos constantly, week after week...you're character is going to slowly drop, or not get the push that you think they deserve. If you give me good promos, your character is going to rise, and go into some big storylines.

It all depends on the promos...

And we understand that you need a break, especially when you're in more then one e-fed, or are a big part of another e-fed. Like me, I write Legacy. I still try to get my promos in, although I sometimes leave the weight on Broc when it comes to the other e-feds...I kinda would like a break, but I'm not going to take one any time soon.

Like I said though, we understand that you're in all these e-feds, and you have a life outside of the forums, and it's just tough. We get that, but give a notice in. Like you Rich, you agreed to work until Rage in a Cage (Which is this Sunday), that's good. But some people, not to single anyone out *cough* SEZ *cough*, just up and leave. A notice really helps...a 4 week notice would be fantastic.

We've been losing a lot of people recently though. At the same time, we have some people on stand by, waiting to join when they're finally not busy. Once we got those guys, HWA's going to be looking pretty strong...JBW and EWNCW...you gonna get got!

Giddy
12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I didn't know you to well, but I always thought you were a good poster, and it'll be weird not to see your fiery signature! Well hopefully you'll be back, so I won't say good bye, simply seeya later!

THEKEVINBRAND
12-06-2011, 11:59 PM
i have a few things to get off my chest, i wanted to take some time away to reflect on my decision. i never intended on leaving this forum forever. i made great friends on this forum and this is the place where i slacked off in life. i totally understand everyone's perspective of me, whatever it may be and i shall respect whatever has been said. from this point forward i will do my best and comment on everyone's promos and their efforts in the JBW shows. i know how hard it is to be creative, especially when the pressure's double for me and i got to respect my deadlines. during my 24 hours away from the forums, some of you may have noticed that i was still online, while the fact is true, i was also curious and looked at other forums to see what made us so different than them. and i came to the conclusion that this is the best wrestling forum to ever exist on the internet today, and i dont plan on leaving for un-necessary things! i left with my tail between my legs and said i needed some space. i took some time and thought about it all. this time, i will suck it up and be a man, this fed is supposed to be a team and me looking like a 5 year old doesn't help the facts right now. so as of this time right now, i am back in business that is until life really does take over and cannot post here because i need to move on with my life. rest assured, no matter what happens between now and then, you guys will remain my family no matter what!

Rich Cranium
12-07-2011, 02:05 AM
i have a few things to get off my chest, i wanted to take some time away to reflect on my decision. i never intended on leaving this forum forever. i made great friends on this forum and this is the place where i slacked off in life. i totally understand everyone's perspective of me, whatever it may be and i shall respect whatever has been said. from this point forward i will do my best and comment on everyone's promos and their efforts in the JBW shows. i know how hard it is to be creative, especially when the pressure's double for me and i got to respect my deadlines. during my 24 hours away from the forums, some of you may have noticed that i was still online, while the fact is true, i was also curious and looked at other forums to see what made us so different than them. and i came to the conclusion that this is the best wrestling forum to ever exist on the internet today, and i dont plan on leaving for un-necessary things! i left with my tail between my legs and said i needed some space. i took some time and thought about it all. this time, i will suck it up and be a man, this fed is supposed to be a team and me looking like a 5 year old doesn't help the facts right now. so as of this time right now, i am back in business that is until life really does take over and cannot post here because i need to move on with my life. rest assured, no matter what happens between now and then, you guys will remain my family no matter what!

That was beautiful man! You have a good heart. Now go get em you EWN cowboy!! :)

Sully
12-07-2011, 05:45 AM
i never intended on leaving this forum forever

Pretty sure your opening post went something like...

I am writing my las post here

But lol, I'm glad you're not leaving for good.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Pretty sure your opening post went something like...

But lol, I'm glad you're not leaving for good.

I put some thought in it over 24 hours and figured EWN's my drug and you're all my dealers lol

The Brown One
12-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Kev do you play any consoles or party besides EWN? Just wondering mate.

Broc
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
that lasted long.

Tommy Thunder
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Wow, that was better than a Russo swerve.

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow, that was better than a Russo swerve.

True. However I don't think Kev would create KevinBrand2 and flame the mods for being smelly or any other insult and get himself perma-banned instead of paying the weeks fine.

Tommy Thunder
12-07-2011, 06:27 PM
True. However I don't think Kev would create KevinBrand2 and flame the mods for being smelly or any other insult and get himself perma-banned instead of paying the weeks fine.

I wasn't referring to the user 'Russoswerve', I was saying Kev saying he was leaving, and then the next day, he's back was like an actuall swerve ala Vince Russo.

AreYaSerious
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I knew I should of posted "he'll be back tomorrow"

Broc
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
It reminds me of CM Punk's "exit" in the WWE. lol

except Kev's was even shorter

Broc
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Hahahaha. Good point. :D

lol, and not as interesting :)

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I wasn't referring to the user 'Russoswerve', I was saying Kev saying he was leaving, and then the next day, he's back was like an actuall swerve ala Vince Russo.

Ah sorry. Mis-communication on my end lol

I got so used to his username I forgot it actually meant something lol

Rich Cranium
12-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Kev do you play any consoles or party besides EWN? Just wondering mate.

Mounties don't have time for games! ;)