PDA

View Full Version : The People's Champs?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
12-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Credit: MMAWeekly.com

Tito Ortiz will look to recreate his image heading into UFC 140 and a date with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira as the former UFC Light Heavyweight Champ and King of smack-talk wants to be known as "The People's Champ" from now on and not "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy":

"No longer the bad boy, positive from here on out. I'm now the ‘People's Champ.' I just want to change my whole outlook on life. Being the bad boy, talking smack to sell fights, I no longer need to do that. I've got three boys who are growing up and I want to make sure I'm known as someone who has given back to MMA and been a positive role model to a lot of people's lives. Being the ‘People's Champ,' the only other person I can think of who's done the great things in their sport was Muhammad Ali. If I could walk in one of those footsteps, then I've done my job as a fighter and a mixed martial artist."

I think this is interesting to say the least. WWE and The Rock have to own "The People's Champ" so it may be interesting to see if UFC can use this nickname. You think The Rock may take a shot at Tito for trying to steal his "gimmick"/persona? Would be cool to see that worked into one of his promos coming up and cross that WWE/UFC line.

I know it is borderline WWE-relevent, but I thought I would share.

rtb227
12-05-2011, 09:16 PM
The people's champ isn't copyrighted by wwe. As a matter of fact, I know a rapper used it for an album name. I think it was paul wall not sure to be honest. However, because of ortiz, wwe might try to copyright it.

Bruiser jones
12-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I might be wrong but I thought ddp was the first peoples champ

Rassling_Fan
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I might be wrong but I thought ddp was the first peoples champ

He was the first one I knew. People's Champ is public domain to use. So Tito can get away with it. If he starts telling people to smell his cooking, than there will be issues.

Steve Austin
12-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm gonna have to ask Otunga about this.

Dr. Death
12-05-2011, 11:45 PM
I'd love to see Rock get mad over this, then step in the cage at a UFC event and get his face turned into hamburger by Ortiz.

Bruiser jones
12-06-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd love to see Rock get mad over this, then step in the cage at a UFC event and get his face turned into hamburger by Ortiz.

Yea that wont happen y would he get mad

thetheme
12-06-2011, 12:02 AM

Naw this wouldn't get that far. Rock would just send tweets or do his talking via satellite then disappear.

Dr. Death
12-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Another person, (I believe it was YOUcanCALLmeCRACK), asked this question;

You think The Rock may take a shot at Tito for trying to steal his "gimmick"/persona? Would be cool to see that worked into one of his promos coming up and cross that WWE/UFC line.

That's what I was responding to. I think it would be funny as hell to see Rock try MMA.

Dr. Death
12-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Naw this wouldn't get that far. Rock would just send tweets or do his talking via satellite then disappear.

LMAO!! But ooooh so true.

steveorton
12-06-2011, 06:11 AM
John Cena is the only People's Champ :rolleyes: