PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

SilverGhost
12-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't know...maybe just me but do you think that WWE is now factoring in the internet with certain choices they make? Not like "THE IWC HAS THIS IDEA SO LETS USE IT!!!", more like "We can use this for something else, so we'll save it for later and tweak it some more."

So far, I have seen ok choices that the WWE makes that kinda panders to their audience and the internet.

What do you think?

thejman93
12-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Good point.

I don't think Daniel Byran Danielson ever would've won MitB if the IWC didn't exist.

Asherdelampyr
12-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I don't know...maybe just me but do you think that WWE is now factoring in the internet with certain choices they make? Not like "THE IWC HAS THIS IDEA SO LETS USE IT!!!", more like "We can use this for something else, so we'll save it for later and tweak it some more."

So far, I have seen ok choices that the WWE makes that kinda panders to their audience and the internet.

What do you think?

makes sense
why waste any potential creative resource?

SilverGhost
12-02-2011, 03:34 PM
I mean not most ideas that come the internet are good ones but some are good and the WWE tweaks it a bit to their tastes. It may or may not pander to ALL of us but to know that some of the internet's ideas are being used is a good thing.

Asherdelampyr
12-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I mean not most ideas that come the internet are good ones but some are good and the WWE tweaks it a bit to their tastes. It may or may not pander to ALL of us but to know that some of the internet's ideas are being used is a good thing.

absolutely
any resource is possibly a good resource :)

kersh
12-02-2011, 04:25 PM
cm punk
Daniel Bryan
Zack Ryder

cena heel turn????

URATOOL
12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
It's a no brainer. The creative writers will be inspired by many things. There is no way some of them don't read some of the stuff from some of the website dedicated to their industry. So some ideas will filter through into their plans.

Anyone who believes anything else is frankly a bit dim.

TheLegendaryIcon
12-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I think alongside other things it can help the gauge which direction to go in, who's getting over and who isn't and why with relatively little effort on their part.

If you tout Daniel Bryan as an ICW win/darling then you have to fully realize the ICW also served to screwed over McIntyre's career. (Or perhaps as has been alluded to, McIntyre fell into a similar situation to JoMo albeit less publicly known? "Paying for the sins of somebody else...") Ryder is the face they want and need to push right now in order to get a certain somebody over as a heel after WM without losing the merch money/attention from kids. CM Punk paid his dues and his rise was honestly his own doing. He's been the one taking the initiative in his career, presenting ideas of how to use him.

Murphdogg4
12-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Maybe they are starting to see what Bischoff still doesn't, the IWC isn't on the fringe anymore, it's not 1999 anymore, most wrestling fans are part of the IWC. With their low ratings about the only people watching now are the loyal IWC fans.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm not too sure about this.

Is there a difference between IWC and Twitter, or do they co-exist. Because personally I see a correlation between the rise of Bryan/ Ryder etc. with the rise of Twitter in WWE.

URATOOL
12-02-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm not too sure about this.

Is there a difference between IWC and Twitter, or do they co-exist. Because personally I see a correlation between the rise of Bryan/ Ryder etc. with the rise of Twitter in WWE.

Let me spell it out for you:

I is for internet (where Twitter exists)
W is for Wrestling (who would be following a wrestler on Twitter who wasn't a wrestlig fan??)
C is for Community. In this case the grouping of wrestling fans who follow various internet sites dedicated to wrestling and internet social media, like Twitter to follow people involved in wrestling

So to clarify. The wrestling industy people that use Twitter are putting out information to the IWC. The fans that use Twitter to talk to other fans and wrestling industry people are part of the IWC.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Let me spell it out for you:

I is for internet (where Twitter exists)
W is for Wrestling (who would be following a wrestler on Twitter who wasn't a wrestlig fan??)
C is for Community. In this case the grouping of wrestling fans who follow various internet sites dedicated to wrestling and internet social media, like Twitter to follow people involved in wrestling

So to clarify. The wrestling industy people that use Twitter are putting out information to the IWC. The fans that use Twitter to talk to other fans and wrestling industry people are part of the IWC.

Yes I know what IWC meant... I just didn't know if it referred to wrestling forum sites in particular. But thanks for the clarification.

Peter Kaymakcian
12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Honestly listening to the IWC is the biggest difference in my opinion between WWE and TNA right now. WWE listens to what their fans want.

HCollins-TNA1
12-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Really it hard to say..... I think WWE and TNA and ROH all 3 listen to the fans from the internet..... Or they play the fans and the IWC..... Really I'm going to say the IWC is just a fraction of what a creative writer for a wrestling company base a storyline on or such..... As other factors plays in real-life news... Cross entertainment promos from movies to TV to music.... as well the IWC is a small fraction of people or fans...
But I will say the IWC or Internet plays a big role more then ever in wrestling....

SilverGhost
12-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Honestly listening to the IWC is the biggest difference in my opinion between WWE and TNA right now. WWE listens to what their fans want.

I am not too sure here. Its more like "I'll listen to you but I won't do everything you guys say." The ideas are jotted down but probably never used. TNA on the other they do listen to their fans....which can be a bad thing if overdone.

Peter Kaymakcian
12-03-2011, 07:18 AM
I am not too sure here. Its more like "I'll listen to you but I won't do everything you guys say." The ideas are jotted down but probably never used. TNA on the other they do listen to their fans....which can be a bad thing if overdone.

I agree that WWE looks at them which is why Ryder is now getting a push, but as for TNA I don't think so. A lot of TNA fans have been calling for a youth movement in TNA for four years now and only now have we seen change. We've been demanding for more X-Division matches and only now we are getting this. Look I am glad TNA is now listening to their fans, but I hope they keep on this youth movement trend.

The Brown One
12-03-2011, 08:41 AM
They should hire younger members for their creative teams instead of the dinosaurs that currently work at both companies. They have some good ideas once in a while, but not every show. I think younger creative writers will be more in touch with today's generation of wrestling fans and what they want.

captainmoonlight
12-03-2011, 09:16 AM
i've been thinking this for a while

the cody rhodes "ic title.... relevant again..." speech wasn't long after we'd talked about it on here loads.

Automatic
12-03-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't think so, ultimately Vince decides what happens.
And there is no such thing as a IWC.

SilverGhost
12-03-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't think so, ultimately Vince decides what happens.
And there is no such thing as a IWC.

The moment that Vinnie paid ANY attention to the internet, that claim is gone now. Twitter may have some influence on decision making....if the idea sounds good for WWE's tastes.

SilverGhost
12-03-2011, 11:54 AM
They should hire younger members for their creative teams instead of the dinosaurs that currently work at both companies. They have some good ideas once in a while, but not every show. I think younger creative writers will be more in touch with today's generation of wrestling fans and what they want.

Or better yet....remove the "Hollywood writers".

Automatic
12-03-2011, 12:05 PM
The moment that Vinnie paid ANY attention to the internet, that claim is gone now. Twitter may have some influence on decision making....if the idea sounds good for WWE's tastes.

Well obviously Vince likes Twitter, but only to promote WWE. However there could be a writer than reads some ideas on wrestling fora's and pitches it to Vince, but I do think that the rise of Bryan, Zack and the resurgence of the old IC title has nothing to do with that.

SilverGhost
12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Well obviously Vince likes Twitter, but only to promote WWE. However there could be a writer than reads some ideas on wrestling fora's and pitches it to Vince, but I do think that the rise of Bryan, Zack and the resurgence of the old IC title has nothing to do with that.

Not Bryan but Zack is more of a maybe since Zack used the internet for the better.

Automatic
12-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Not Bryan but Zack is more of a maybe since Zack used the internet for the better.

Well yeah Zack used the internet to get over, but his push, only started when everyone at the TV tapings was chanting 'We want Ryder' at that point WWE had to push the guy. They'd be stupid if they didn't push him. But now they are completely fine with it, because DiBiase has his tailgate parties, which he has for a way shorter amount of time than Ryder, and it's just getting known and warm and he is already getting pushed, while Ryder really was over by the time he got a push and it took Ryder a much longer time to get the push.
This is probably the same reason why Reks has that crappy cartoon of his, that has nothing to do with his wrestling persona/career other than the fact that he and his friends are known as wrestlers.