France

Group D
Ukraine
Italy
Greece
Denmark

Tomsta666
12-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh sheeet! Forgot this was today!! What time is the draw?

Hopefully England draw a tough group, to test our mettle!!

France and or Portugal please! :)

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 08:40 AM
So today we'll finally now the draw for the next Euro, remember the pots

Pot 1: Spain, Holland
Pot 2: England, Itlay, Germany, Russia
Pot 3: Greece, Sweden, Portugal, Croatia
Pot 4: France, Denmark, Czech Republic, Ireland

My predictions
Group A
Poland
Germany
Sweden
Czech Republic

Group B
Holland
England
Croatia
Ireland

Group C
Spain
Russia
Portugal
France

Group D
Ukraine
Italy
Greece
Denmark

I saw your groups and thought they had been drawn XD

Phew! Don't wanna miss it

Mine: (For shiggles)

Group A:
Poland
Russia
Greece
France

Group B:
Holland
Germany
Portugal
Ireland

Group C:
Spain
Italy
Croatia
Denmark

Group D:
Ukraine
England
Sweden
Czech Republic

I can at least see us (England) getting someone from pot 1, 3 and 4 and a few teams from Europe, if not a full group of europeans ;)
But a serious 1 is I can see all teams having hard groups. Regardless of if you're Denmark or Spain. All the teams in it have great squads.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Oh sheeet! Forgot this was today!! What time is the draw?

Hopefully England draw a tough group, to test our mettle!!

France and or Portugal please! :)

The draw is from 5pm!!

Juvenile Junkie
12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
The draw is from 5pm!!

7pm actually.Super Sport 3 and HD2.

Watch Knowing my luck,Greece will get France,Germany and Spain.Bastards.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-02-2011, 10:44 AM
7pm actually.Super Sport 3 and HD2.

Watch Knowing my luck,Greece will get France,Germany and Spain.Bastards.

Actually, 5pm UK time!! Which I believe, is where ALL WORLD TIME is taken from!! GMT! :)

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Actually, 5pm UK time!! Which I believe, is where ALL WORLD TIME is taken from!! GMT! :)

WWWYKI!

(10 broskis)

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Loving the Poznan stadium ;D Obvious reasons why :)

Also why is there a AWFUL singing bitch in yellow making my ears bleed....

She also needs a haircut desperately!

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Loving Englands group.

Strong but I believe achievable for us to get through.

Really glad we dodged group B and C :)

Ireland have a tough group but they will give it there best.

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Mine: (For shiggles)

Group A:
Poland
Russia
Greece
France

Group B:
Holland
Germany
Portugal
Ireland

Group C:
Spain
Italy
Croatia
Denmark

Group D:
Ukraine
England
Sweden
Czech Republic

HOLY FUCK!

The bolded I got right!!!!

Fuck yeaaaaaaah!!! Just got pot 4 wrong but the first 3 100%!!! ;D

Predicting the English to win the Euro Cup then! :P

Wade Barrett 1979
12-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Predicting the English to win the Euro Cup then! :P

*Patiently awaits JJ's incredulous response, to this statement* :D

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Good groups though. Group B is looking like an awesome group. A and C has great matches too and Group E...ngland is making me more up to goign to watch a match there (If I can afford it but hopefully I can)

Automatic
12-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Once again we have the toughest group.
Thankgod we start against Denmark.

Steve Austin
12-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm pleased with that group then again I was very pleased with the World Cup group and look how that turned out...

I can't help but feel group A was meant for England and it's been wasted on Russia. JJ will be happy with Greece's group though.

Group B is gonna be amazing, maybe even C. I'm going with:

A - ? (not sure who to pick, it's the most even group)
B- Germany, Holland
C- Spain, ROI
D- England France

Wade Barrett 1979
12-02-2011, 05:40 PM
A - ? (not sure who to pick, it's the most even group)
B- Germany, Holland
C- Spain, ROI
D- England France

Going by who I think will qualify:

A - Russia, Poland
B - Holland, Germany
C - Spain, Italy
D - Ukraine, England

For the tournament, I'm saying Holland!

Tomsta666
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I honestly would of liked to see England draw a tough group. Nevermind!

Anything less than 9 points from what we've got would be a failure!

Bring it on!!

Steve Austin
12-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Going by who I think will qualify:

A - Russia, Poland
B - Holland, Germany
C - Spain, Italy
D - Ukraine, England

For the tournament, I'm saying Holland!

I'm saying Germany!

Tomsta666
12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
i'm saying germany!

you never write of the krauts!!

Pumpkinhead
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Something tell me Netherlands will get this one, The Germans are strong too, Spain will be the deception with all the hype they have, never count out Italy cause they are used to surprise when no one cares about them, England for semifinals

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Group A - Russia and Poland
Group B - Germany and Holland
Group C - Spain and no idea who, all 3 are dangerous teams
Group D - Ukraine and England

the first teams finishing 1st and the 2nd teams finishing 2nd.

Which would mean we'd get Spain and I doubt lightening strikes twice.

I can only see Holland, Spain or Germany winning it honestly. Don't get me wrong lads, i'm backing England all the way but we're going to have to bring our '66 games if we're to do well, we really cannot afford to play like we have in the past few tournaments but I have great faith in Capello.

1 thing is for sure. We MUST beat the french. Having Ukraine last will be a little hard since they're hosts and i'm not underestimating Sweden just cause we beat them recently.

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Poland,Czech Republic and Russia.................Greece get another bail out!

Spain,Italy,Croatia................Zidane pulls out Ireland.Once again a Frenchmen sticking his hand out means bad news for Ireland.

Now I must stress that before the 2010 World Cup,I said Spain would play Holland in the Final,and Uruguay would be the Dark Horse,so my predictions will probably come right,I'm not arrogant,just astute.

Semi finalists:
Spain,Holland,Germany and Italy(if Cassano and Rossi are fit in time),but if they're not,France.

England's group on paper is not bad,but so was their group @ FWC2010(USA,Slovenia,Algeria).But the good news is that the friendly match against Ireland is on the cards.

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 04:49 AM

1 thing is for sure. We MUST beat the french. Having Ukraine last will be a little hard since they're hosts and i'm not underestimating Sweden just cause we beat them recently.

2 very valid points.Whilst Poland are in the doldrums a bit,Ukraine at home are capable.they did beat England in a must win(for them) World Cup qualifier.Sweden have a decent record against England,they haven't lost to England in a tournament game.

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 04:50 AM
JJ will be happy with Greece's group though.

If only the EU was as generous......

VanHooliganX
12-03-2011, 04:58 AM
2 very valid points.Whilst Poland are in the doldrums a bit,Ukraine at home are capable.they did beat England in a must win(for them) World Cup qualifier.Sweden have a decent record against England,they haven't lost to England in a tournament game.

Aye. I'm not taking any tell lightly in this. Poland are the worst ranked side but host advantage could come into play to make them go far. Anyone could win it really. Just need to be in great form for the weeks its on.

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Aye. I'm not taking any tell lightly in this. Poland are the worst ranked side but host advantage could come into play to make them go far. Anyone could win it really. Just need to be in great form for the weeks its on.

True.UEFA region is strong,heck some of the European teams who didn't make it could be CHAMPIONS in other regions.Denmark 1992 won it with a week's prep. Greece,well,we where the least worst team at Euro 2004.

Euro 2016's group stages,sadly will not have this sort of intrigue.Bad move.

VanHooliganX
12-03-2011, 07:15 AM
True.UEFA region is strong,heck some of the European teams who didn't make it could be CHAMPIONS in other regions.Denmark 1992 won it with a week's prep. Greece,well,we where the least worst team at Euro 2004.

Euro 2016's group stages,sadly will not have this sort of intrigue.Bad move.

I'm not really for the 24 team tournament either.

50-55 (don't know the exact number sorry) try to qualify for Euro cups and the World cup through europe.
Lets eliminate the teams that will either not score a single goal or with give up 14 goals on average per game.
Thats about 10-ish teams gone. Then lets eliminate the teams that can beat those but still aren't a match for the big guns of europe (Albania, Armenia, Macadonia for a few examples) thats another 5-10 gone.
From 50 we're down to around 30-35. So only the very unlucky or next level aren't going through.
This is good for Switzerland, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Norway, Bosnia, Turkey, Belgium, Austria and teams that are unlucky or fall short around the end of it because there are more positions to go for now.

Don't get me wrong. These teams are good but big teams are going to qualify a lot easier and we're easily going to be able to say "Oh Group E is a piss walk. Germany and Russia will go through cause Austria and Iceland have no chance of getting through"

Whilst atm, I look at Group A - No idea. Way to even. Group B - Group of death, Denmark are the weakest and they're still great against Germany and beat Portugal through qualifying Group C - Although 2 major teams in it. Don't count out Croatia or Ireland, they could easily steal 2nd. Group D - Its got England in it, anything can happen and will happen.

Don't get me wrong. Its easy to predict who will win (If its not Holland, Spain or Germany i'll be majorly shocked) but the group stages look great to watch.

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm not really for the 24 team tournament either.

50-55 (don't know the exact number sorry) try to qualify for Euro cups and the World cup through europe.
Lets eliminate the teams that will either not score a single goal or with give up 14 goals on average per game.
Thats about 10-ish teams gone. Then lets eliminate the teams that can beat those but still aren't a match for the big guns of europe (Albania, Armenia, Macadonia for a few examples) thats another 5-10 gone.
From 50 we're down to around 30-35. So only the very unlucky or next level aren't going through.
This is good for Switzerland, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Norway, Bosnia, Turkey, Belgium, Austria and teams that are unlucky or fall short around the end of it because there are more positions to go for now.

Don't get me wrong. These teams are good but big teams are going to qualify a lot easier and we're easily going to be able to say "Oh Group E is a piss walk. Germany and Russia will go through cause Austria and Iceland have no chance of getting through"

Whilst atm, I look at Group A - No idea. Way to even. Group B - Group of death, Denmark are the weakest and they're still great against Germany and beat Portugal through qualifying Group C - Although 2 major teams in it. Don't count out Croatia or Ireland, they could easily steal 2nd. Group D - Its got England in it, anything can happen and will happen.

Don't get me wrong. Its easy to predict who will win (If its not Holland, Spain or Germany i'll be majorly shocked) but the group stages look great to watch.

6 groups of 4.Top 2 plus four third placed teams make the last 16.the groups won't be as tight.It will be more of who finishes where,than who missed out.from the last 16,its a knockout comp.

I would have made it twenty teams,4 groups of 5.

Plus,hosting it.Very few could host this tournament alone,They are using 2 nations for 16 teams,we could need 3 or 4 co-hosts for 24 teams.Which means an even weaker qualifying campaign.

I think The Home Nations should host Euro2020,I doubt UEFA would allow 5 co-hosts,but maybe England and two others as official hosts,with a game or two in the 2 non-hosting countries(North Korea had 2 games in 2002,Kenya and Zimbabwe had a few games in the Cricket WC 2003).I think a football match at Twickenham would be awesome.Heck even a game at Lords would be amusing.

They should do what the Rugby people do,the top 3 teams from each group @ the world cup......DON'T DO THE QUALIFYING!!They play each other in tours and 3/6 Nations.

VanHooliganX
12-03-2011, 07:49 AM
6 groups of 4.Top 2 plus four third placed teams make the last 16.the groups won't be as tight.It will be more of who finishes where,than who missed out.from there its a knockout comp.

I would have made it twenty teams,4 groups of 5.

Plus,hosting it.Very few could host this tournament alone,They are using 2 nations for 16 teams,we could need 3 or 4 co-hosts.

I think The Home Nations should host Euro2020,I doubt UEFA would allow 5 co-hosts,but maybe England and two others as official hosts,with a game or two in the 2 non-hosting countries(North Korea had 2 games in 2002,Kenya and Zimbabwe had a few games in the Cricket WC 2003).I think a football match at Twickenham would be awesome.Heck even a game at Lords would be amusing.

I believe for 2020 Scotland, Wales and Ireland have put in a 3 country bid which I think would be good.

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 07:57 AM
24 teams will also breed false hope.Here is an example

Nation X appoints Coach X on a two year contract to get them to FWC2014.If Nation X doesn't make the 13 or so World CUp spots,they fire coach X,replace him with coach Z.Coach Z steers Nation X to Euro 2016 as one of 24 teams.All looks fine,all looks peachy all looks great.Coach Z gets a contract extension to take them to FWC2018.BOOOOM,they fail to make the World Cup again,because Nation X only made Euro2016 as a 20/21/22nd qualifier and are not amongst the top 16 European nations and without qualifying failure for a 16 team Euro,don't open any enquiries,change coaching strucutres,identify weaknesses in their domestic league,look into youth and amateur football,rebuild their national academy etc.Look at France,failed to qualify in 1994,did all that I mentioned above,and where world champs and Euro Champs years later.

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 08:06 AM
I believe for 2020 Scotland, Wales and Ireland have put in a 3 country bid which I think would be good.

Hope they win.Would prefer England as a host,home of football,more top quality and historic stadiums like Old Trafford,Anfield,Elland Road etc,or by then they will be known as The Samsung Super Dome,Heineken PaRK and lets not forget the Vodafone aRENa.Stupid naming rights,killing football traditions and legacies.

CGBigMan
12-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Probably the tightest euro torunament so far
Got my money on the Dutch
there the team i support when Scotland dont get through

Steve Austin
12-03-2011, 10:41 AM

So all the time then ;)

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 11:05 AM

no comment,but you lined yourself up for some stick.Especially from the English folk.

Steve Austin
12-03-2011, 11:16 AM
no comment,but you lined yourself up for some stick.Especially from the English folk.

Why is he gonna get stick from us English folk?

Mr.Turtle
12-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Looking forward to see some Group B matches (Holland, Germany, Portugal and Denmark oh boy!). England have a decent group which they SHOULD win, however I can't see them making the finals ( it's probably going to be quarter-finals, semi-finals at a stretch). I can't even see them winning a major competition anytime soon. I think Euro 2012 will be between Holland, Germany and Spain, however if I was betting (which i'm not legally old enough to yet) i'd put money on Holland seeing as they have the better odds out of the three and a very good team.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-03-2011, 03:27 PM

Some of us are civilised!!

Juvenile Junkie
12-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Why is he gonna get stick from us English folk?

Anglo-Scottish rivalry.Football's oldest rivalry.A rivalry that once existed,it also dates back to when Scotland became World Champions on English soil in 1968.

Steve Austin
12-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Anglo-Scottish rivalry.Football's oldest rivalry.A rivalry that once existed,it also dates back to when Scotland became World Champions on English soil in 1968.

Ah I thought it was because he picks Holland when Scotland don't qualify.

Neither reason bothers me really.

Tomsta666
12-04-2011, 07:21 AM
It's the Scots that hate the English, not the other way around.
I have no beef with our neighbours in the north.
I fucking loves me some Iron-Bru!!

Juvenile Junkie
12-04-2011, 09:59 AM
It's the Scots that hate the English, not the other way around.
I have no beef with our neighbours in the north.
I fucking loves me some Iron-Bru!!

Ya I Know,they want to beat you more than anyone.

Its like Germany/England.England see Germany as a arch-rival,Germany regard Italy and Brazil as theirs,due to success.Nowadays Spain are their object of affection.

Its the 1 thing I hate about South Africa,because of our ban from International Sport,we don't have an Ashes or Bledisloe Cup type history with another country in rugby or cricket,we have had recent competitive battles,but not an iconic rivalry,and well,our football team only qualifies for tournaments when we host them.

Grind_Bastard
12-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't see Spain getting the win this time. I have no confidence in what they are doing right now, just look at our last friendly match.

Holland/Germany have a lot of chances.

Automatic
12-04-2011, 01:37 PM
It seems like everyone here is a bit down on their own countries chances, amirite?
I'm favouring Germany to win it.

Tomsta666
12-04-2011, 01:53 PM
It seems like everyone here is a bit down on their own countries chances, amirite?
I'm favouring Germany to win it.

Nah man!! ;)

I always keep the faith! I love getting the George Cross' out every 2 years :cool:

VanHooliganX
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Nah man!! ;)

I always keep the faith! I love getting the George Cross' out every 2 years :cool:

Agreed. Things are looking decent with a win over Spain and Holland friendly coming up.
Even England could win this tournament.