PDA

View Full Version : Are the WWE being a-holes towards Impact?

loudpack
12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
With WWE coming out with an obvious rip-off (not being biased, I'm a WWE guy) of Mexican America, do you feel WWE higher ups are just being assholes? They don't need it to get them over(it does add to character, though), so I just think WWE feels like toying with Impact.

Asherdelampyr
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
With WWE coming out with an obvious rip-off (not being biased, I'm a WWE guy) of Mexican America, do you feel WWE higher ups are just being assholes? They don't need it to get them over(it does add to character, though), so I just think WWE feels like toying with Impact.

they are both being dicks towards WCW ripping of the L.W.O. like that
wait, those guys were just dicks ripping off Los Boricuas from WWF

do you see where I am going with this? There have been different latino stables in every major american pro wrestling company at some point, simply because there is a large amount of latino people living in the US that these companies really want money from, and they failed their subtlety check

The Hit Man
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I highly doubt WWE used this gimmick for Hunico to make fun of TNA and Mexican America. If anything, Mexican America is a rip off of LAX.

Reichwulf
12-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I actually think they are both ploys on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMYnZkbecA

that's the only Latino based stable i ever liked to be honest, these guys were exciting

K2Jelly
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
You could really say it goes both ways. Both companies make jabs at each other on live tv.

Asherdelampyr
12-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I actually think they are both ploys on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMYnZkbecA

that's the only Latino based stable i ever liked to be honest, these guys were exciting

cant believe I left the Mexicools off my list, how could I have forgotten their lawn mower riding ways?

Reichwulf
12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
cant believe I left the Mexicools off my list, how could I have forgotten their lawn mower riding ways?

It's alright, not many people remember them, but they were awesome in my book :p

Y2Jryder
12-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Does TNA not copy WCW??

Asherdelampyr
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Does TNA not copy WCW??

yup, at least as much as WWE does and as much as they both copied everything else.
it's pretty much an ongoing plagiarism circle, like Wikipedia

HCollins-TNA1
12-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Doesn't wrestling copy it ownself or recycle storylines or groups or stables????

CM_SUXX_NOT
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
WWE should start name-dropping Impact more. Build up awareness of the other company to show more people how shit it actually is.

Reichwulf
12-01-2011, 07:48 PM
WWE should start name-dropping Impact more. Build up awareness of the other company to show more people how shit it actually is.

They wouldn't drop the name due to the fact if they did, non lil jimmies would jump ship, especially if raw continues on the road it is now.

Giddy
12-01-2011, 07:50 PM
No they shouldn't. Why would WWE acknowledge their "competition"

Ruthless_Aggression
12-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Yeah, and McDonalds should name-drop Burger King in their commercials to build up their awareness.

Reichwulf
12-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah, and McDonalds should name-drop Burger King in their commercials to build up their awareness.

If they both named drop subway, i would be happy, as it's the only fast food restaurant i eat at, besides arbys every now and then.

SLEEPY LOCO1
12-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Hunico, Epico, Primo, & Rosa Mendez > Mexican America

SLEEPY LOCO1
12-01-2011, 11:49 PM
If they both named drop subway, i would be happy, as it's the only fast food restaurant i eat at, besides arbys every now and then.

Quizno's > Subway

steveorton
12-02-2011, 06:29 AM

Santino and Kozlov > Mexican America

VanHooliganX
12-02-2011, 06:36 AM

If WWE put a stupidly big Mexican flag around so the crowd can't see it. Then yes, they will be ripping them off.

Until then, no. Its not ripping.

xAzureSkye
12-02-2011, 04:59 PM

I dont think so. Sarita & Rosita >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rosa.

Murphdogg4
12-02-2011, 05:08 PM
The only time Vince allows name dropping is when he has to. When WCW got so big they couldn't be ignored then he started taking pot shots at them. Before that for the most part he did as he does now, pretends like wrestling does not exist outside of the "wwe universe". God I hate that term. And I don't think name dropping would help TNA, as long as Dixie let's herself be a money mark to Hogan, Russo and that lot TNA will never be a threat to Vince. ROH has more of a chance to be a threat because they actually do have a better in ring product.

LoGik
12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I dont think so. Sarita & Rosita >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rosa.

in looks and wrestling ability.