PDA

View Full Version : The January Transfer Window thread

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Well lets get the ball rolling.Carlos Tevez.The man,the legend.

You almost know that this guy will end up being nominated for a Ballon D'Or at an Italian or Spanish team,and in the future,will end up scoring a tie winning goal against Man City.

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
I doubt he will be at a club long enough to do those things! Liverpool to buy another wide man in January, leave out Kuyt against the crap teams and play two proper wingers, Downing and ?

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
I doubt he will be at a club long enough to do those things! Liverpool to buy another wide man in January, leave out Kuyt against the crap teams and play two proper wingers, Downing and ?

Jarvis from Wolves?

Milos Krasic from juventus

Marko Marin from Bremen

Esteban Granero from Real madrid

Tommy Thunder
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I sam today that Macheda was interested in a loan move in January. I'd go a step further and sell the guy. He's never going to be in the United first team. I'd use the money to go and buy Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

Automatic
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
NOOOO Ricky is a potential number 1 striker for Holland, he shouldn't drown at ManU.

Btw, why would any sane team buy Tevez or Ballotelli?

Subject Zero
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
I cant see alot happening at Arsenal.

I think if the Chelsea manager gets sacked expect alot from them.

But Tevez on loan to Milan, Anelka to Fenerbache or that Russian team with all that money.

I cant see Barca or Madrid buying anyone special

Tommy Thunder
11-30-2011, 02:21 PM
NOOOO Ricky is a potential number 1 striker for Holland, he shouldn't drown at ManU.

I don't think he'd drown at United. I see Berbatov going next summer, Macheda needs to go ASAP, he's better than Welbeck, so I'd see him as competition for Hernandez to play with Rooney, with Owen as our back up striker.
Or, he could even play in midfield as an attacking midfielder to Rooney.

The guy has a LOT of potential, and he deserves to play for a top team IMO. Not that Ajax aren't a top team, but let's face it, United are bigger!

CGBigMan
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't think he'd drown at United. I see Berbatov going next summer, Macheda needs to go ASAP, he's better than Welbeck, so I'd see him as competition for Hernandez to play with Rooney, with Owen as our back up striker.

The guy has a LOT of potential, and he deserves to play for a top team IMO. Not that Ajax aren't a top team, but let's face it, United are bigger!

doesnt van wolfswinkel play for sporting lisbon

Automatic
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM

Yeah, let me rephrase that. I said that wrong. If he goes to a club that is too big for him, while he is not ready he will drown eventually, because his career gets put on a hold, with him playing not constantly. Kinda like Huntelaar, he went to soon to Madrid, somehow drowned, because his numbers were actually good, drowned at Milan but is now good at Schalke. It's a fair assesment that he has wasted the years at Milan&Madrid, he could've been absolute world class if he first went to Schalke. But I can't see him outplaying Hernandez, he has been doing pretty good. What I mean is that ManU is world class, creme de la creme with ditto strikers. He left Holland last summer. He wasn't even top notch, like Suarez in Holland, just good. But to credit him, he's been fine there the last 5 months and doing really good, actually he has only been on a roll for 3 months, but to make the step from Sporting to United already, is too soon. He is still unproven, at least for me. He should stay at Sporting where he will play every major match, get the experience, grow fysically and maybe after 2 years try at the big clubs.

Oh and I'm perfectly fine with Ajax not being a top team, because let's face it, we, the Dutch teams, are pretty average in Europe. We can do greatly 1 year, PSV 2006, but then pay for it the next 5 years, because the club overspent with salaries and has to cut down costs.
Oh and the Dutch league is possibly the most fun league there is with almost all the teams pretty equally skilled.

pauadrian
11-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, let me rephrase that. I said that wrong. If he goes to a club that is too big for him, while he is not ready he will drown eventually, because his career gets put on a hold, with him playing not constantly. Kinda like Huntelaar, he went to soon to Madrid, somehow drowned, because his numbers were actually good, drowned at Milan but is now good at Schalke. It's a fair assesment that he has wasted the years at Milan&Madrid, he could've been absolute world class if he first went to Schalke. But I can't see him outplaying Hernandez, he has been doing pretty good. What I mean is that ManU is world class, creme de la creme with ditto strikers. He left Holland last summer. He wasn't even top notch, like Suarez in Holland, just good. But to credit him, he's been fine there the last 5 months and doing really good, actually he has only been on a roll for 3 months, but to make the step from Sporting to United already, is too soon. He is still unproven, at least for me. He should stay at Sporting where he will play every major match, get the experience, grow fysically and maybe after 2 years try at the big clubs.

Oh and I'm perfectly fine with Ajax not being a top team, because let's face it, we, the Dutch teams, are pretty average in Europe. We can do greatly 1 year, PSV 2006, but then pay for it the next 5 years, because the club overspent with salaries and has to cut down costs.
Oh and the Dutch league is possibly the most fun league there is with almost all the teams pretty equally skilled.

it has happened with omar bravo
i am surprised the same didnt happen to hernandez

Automatic
11-30-2011, 04:42 PM
it has happened with omar bravo
i am surprised the same didnt happen to hernandez

I actually also thought Hernandez wouldn't immediately succeed like he did, but kudos to him.

VanHooliganX
11-30-2011, 05:24 PM

Tevez no clue.
Ballotelli because when he is in form he's brill. Just loses his mind from time to time but hes young.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 06:10 PM
balotelli is a huge talent.. but a complete idiot, just like anelka when he was younger..

tommy i hear you about van wolfswinkel, started really well at lisbon and looks a good talent!! not sure we need a striker right now.. tho i also see us selling berba next season.. the one thing i really want too see at united is a creative mid, some one like ozil but thats not possible, so perhaps mario goetze!!! :D

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Jarvis from Wolves?

Milos Krasic from juventus

Marko Marin from Bremen

Esteban Granero from Real madrid

I've always liked Jarvis, young and English aswell :)

Krasic is good but I'm still not convinced, I like Marin and Granero is a central player.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 06:53 PM
I've always liked Jarvis, young and English aswell :)

Krasic is good but I'm still not convinced, I like Marin and Granero is a central player.

jarvis is not bad.. agree with you on the rest , i would just play bells on the wing he will do a good job for you..

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 06:55 PM
jarvis is not bad.. agree with you on the rest , i would just play bells on the wing he will do a good job for you..

Yeah he would but I would like 2 proper wingers. Then when we play crap teams like Norwich, QPR, Arsenal ;) etc I think he would do better with that added width.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah he would but I would like 2 proper wingers. Then when we play crap teams like Norwich, QPR, Arsenal ;) etc I think he would do better with that added width.

yeh get what you are saying mate.. but when you play the smaller teams i never understand why lucas plays.. theres no need for a defensive mid against them teams, play two strikers!! and go for it more, pool always seem too hold back a bit i find,

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 07:03 PM
yeh get what you are saying mate.. but when you play the smaller teams i never understand why lucas plays.. theres no need for a defensive mid against them teams, play two strikers!! and go for it more, pool always seem too hold back a bit i find,

It's because he's the game and he is that damn good! ;)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
It's because he's the game and he is that damn good! ;)

kinda explains why you wont win the league if you ask me dude, :D

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 07:11 PM
kinda explains why you wont win the league if you ask me dude, :D

I never expected a league win really, top 4 and a cup will do me fine :)

Lucas may be more defensive but he does attack when he should and can! He's a great player and honestly I don't think there is a better defensive midfielder (on current form) around at the moment!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I never expected a league win really, top 4 and a cup will do me fine :)

Lucas may be more defensive but he does attack when he should and can! He's a great player and honestly I don't think there is a better defensive midfielder (on current form) around at the moment!

not saying anything bad against him.. but for me he is not needed when you are playing swansea at home, but maybe liverpool dont belive in there defence i dont know..

Pumpkinhead
11-30-2011, 07:20 PM
I think United needs another Central Midfielder now that Anderson is out, Montolivo is a good option,I agree with Tommy to sell Macheda but we don't need more strikers, and Berbatov still plays for us? LOL

BTW seems Tevez is going to Milan

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
not saying anything bad against him.. but for me he is not needed when you are playing swansea at home, but maybe liverpool dont belive in there defence i dont know..

I know what you're saying and it would make sense to do it but if a player is playing that well every game you just keep playing him. It's probably a good thing anyway.

Back 4
Lucas
then 5 players to do whatever they want.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
I know what you're saying and it would make sense to do it but if a player is playing that well every game you just keep playing him. It's probably a good thing anyway.

Back 4
Lucas
then 5 players to do whatever they want.

yeh dude i understand what you are saying but then you want two natrual wingers for somone as small as suarez ?. drop lucas or another centre mid.. play carroll and suarez together !! wingers cross the ball.. caroll wins the ball , heads it down for suarez they have equalized!! shame they are losing 5-1 too united tho :D LOL nah mate you know your team better then me.. just saying what i see really, i have respect for liverpool nothing for city, chelsea or arsenal :D haha,

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 07:36 PM
yeh dude i understand what you are saying but then you want two natrual wingers for somone as small as suarez ?. drop lucas or another centre mid.. play carroll and suarez together !! wingers cross the ball.. caroll wins the ball , heads it down for suarez they have equalized!! shame they are losing 5-1 too united tho :D LOL nah mate you know your team better then me.. just saying what i see really, i have respect for liverpool nothing for city, chelsea or arsenal :D haha,

Yeah I know what you're saying and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My Liverpool team against crap teams would be

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel/Carragher, Agger, Enrique, New winger, Lucas/Gerrard/Adam/Henderson, Downing, Suarez/Bellamy, Carroll/Kuyt. 442.

Tommy Thunder
11-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah I know what you're saying and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My Liverpool team against crap teams would be

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel/Carragher, Agger, Enrique, New winger, Lucas/Gerrard/Adam/Henderson, Downing, Suarez/Bellamy, Carroll/Kuyt. 442.

Why not play Maxi on the wing? He's in really good form at the moment.
And no offense to Liverpool fans, but Lucas is rubbish. I don't rate him at all.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:43 PM

yeh thats what i would do at home.. away i would play lucas tho and go with suarez upfront and the wingers either side, anyway man.. anyone think man city will spend again come january ?. i dont think they need two but it wouldn't surprise me if they do..

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Why not play Maxi on the wing? He's in really good form at the moment.
And no offense to Liverpool fans, but Lucas is rubbish. I don't rate him at all.

forgot about maxi he's done alrite.. but with bells there i wonderd why he would want another winger, but nobody knows there team better then the fans is what i say :)

Pumpkinhead
11-30-2011, 07:46 PM
yeh thats what i would do at home.. away i would play lucas tho and go with suarez upfront and the wingers either side, anyway man.. anyone think man city will spend again come january ?. i dont think they need two but it wouldn't surprise me if they do..

With Tevez going they will spend

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:48 PM
With Tevez going they will spend

they really dont need two tho, but i think they will keep spending!!

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I think Man City will buy one player.
Maxi isn't a winger even though he is playing well.
Lucas is amazing!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I think Man City will buy one player.
Maxi isn't a winger even though he is playing well.
Lucas is amazing!

who do you think they will get then mate ?.

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 07:54 PM
who do you think they will get then mate ?.

A striker, possibly. If they get an injury then they will stengthen in that position. Maybe a CM acually, Hargreaves is a risk, De Jong has had his problems this year, Barry is alright and even Yaya needs a break.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 07:56 PM
A striker, possibly. If they get an injury then they will stengthen in that position. Maybe a CM acually, Hargreaves is a risk, De Jong has had his problems this year, Barry is alright and even Yaya needs a break.

yeh i think they will buy again.. not sure who, but i assume the first big name that becomes availble and other teams are in the hunt for..they will join the chase too stop anyone else getting him.. maybe a sneaky bid for van persie maybe LOL

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 08:00 PM
yeh i think they will buy again.. not sure who, but i assume the first big name that becomes availble and other teams are in the hunt for..they will join the chase too stop anyone else getting him.. maybe a sneaky bid for van persie maybe LOL

Haha possibly. I can't see anything big happening really. Just like thay January when Adam Johnson to City and Keane to Celtic on loan were the best transfers, either way I'll be watching SSN on deadline day until it closes!

Pumpkinhead
11-30-2011, 08:01 PM

They should try get Neymar LOL

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 08:02 PM
They should try get Neymar LOL

if santos say he's for sale and can go.. then no doubt they will be in for him dude dont worry about that LOL

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Haha possibly. I can't see anything big happening really. Just like thay January when Adam Johnson to City and Keane to Celtic on loan were the best transfers, either way I'll be watching SSN on deadline day until it closes!

yeh man same, really hope united can get a creative mid tho!! but think fergie will wait too the summer and have another look then, nasri should have joined us.. but money talks i guess!!

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 08:05 PM
yeh man same, really hope united can get a creative mid tho!! but think fergie will wait too the summer and have another look then, nasri should have joined us.. but money talks i guess!!

Nasri defo should of signed for Utd. I can't see Fergie doing anything in January except for outgoings sales/loans.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Nasri defo should of signed for Utd. I can't see Fergie doing anything in January except for outgoings sales/loans.

same bro same, some pundits reckon arsene may spend again in january.. they deffo need somone for when persie gets injured, plus chamahks time at the emirates is surley running out!!

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
same bro same, some pundits reckon arsene may spend again in january.. they deffo need somone for when persie gets injured, plus chamahks time at the emirates is surley running out!!

Yeah they could do with a striker. I think Chamakh is the worst signing ever! I know he was free but every time he plays he adds nothing, puts no effort in and probably does more against them than for them.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah they could do with a striker. I think Chamakh is the worst signing ever! I know he was free but every time he plays he adds nothing, puts no effort in and probably does more against them than for them.

they have bendtner too come back tho !!! haha he's shit aswell.. i fort chamakh would do well for the arse but yh done nothing, was so poor against city the other night!!

Steve Austin
11-30-2011, 08:15 PM
they have bendtner too come back tho !!! haha he's shit aswell.. i fort chamakh would do well for the arse but yh done nothing, was so poor against city the other night!!

Even Bendtner is better and thats saying something!

TheBeardOfZeus
11-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Even Bendtner is better and thats saying something!

Woah, let's not start being ridiculously hyperbolic, Bendtner can't finish his breakfast.

Simply put, Arsenal don't play the way Chamakh plays. Do Walcott/Gervinho/Arshavin ever play a ball into the box not on the ground? And where has Chamakh scored most of his goals?

Case closed boys, he'd be great at a team suited to him.

Tommy Thunder
11-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Woah, let's not start being ridiculously hyperbolic, Bendtner can't finish his breakfast.

Simply put, Arsenal don't play the way Chamakh plays. Do Walcott/Gervinho/Arshavin ever play a ball into the box not on the ground? And where has Chamakh scored most of his goals?

That's what I think. Put Chamakh in the United team, and he'd get a lot more chances and score much more goals because United's style suits him. not saying United should sign him though lol!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-30-2011, 09:33 PM

Very good point man.. but at least show some motivation and try and get involved in the game, latley when ive seen him he just wonders around and waits in the box knowing that ball aint coming in.. get involved at least.. come short or somthing, and during the city game one of the players whipped in a perfect ball and i expected chamakh too head it in and he didnt take it..

pauadrian
11-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I actually also thought Hernandez wouldn't immediately succeed like he did, but kudos to him.

i think it is because he actually tries to make the best out of him you can see he always tries his best and he isn´t a cocky bitch

Juvenile Junkie
12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
doesnt van wolfswinkel play for sporting lisbon

Yes,who now are rolling in dough and had their record summer regrding transfers! They even wanted to try get former academy graduates Quaresma and Simao back.

Juvenile Junkie
12-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I think United needs another Central Midfielder now that Anderson is out, Montolivo is a good option,I agree with Tommy to sell Macheda but we don't need more strikers, and Berbatov still plays for us? LOL

BTW seems Tevez is going to Milan

Marek Hamsik(The team who thumped man City)

Javi Martinez(bILBAO)

Ganso(SaNTOS)

Gourcuff(Lyon)

Montolivo(Fiorentina)

bruno Soriano(Villarreal)